It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First 100 Days (The 3 Day GOP Work Week is Dead)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thank the good Lord for the 110th Congress. Regardless of what you may think of the new leader of the People's House, she's got one thing going for her - work ethic. That's something the Republican led do-nothing Congress can't hold a candle to.

My predictions for the first 100 days are an increase in the minimum wage, a reform of the medicare drug benefit to allow price negotiations and a resolution to demand accountability in Iraq planning and spending.

What say you? Consider this a wish list.

I want this... another pay as you go Congress. FISCAL RESPONSIBILTY BABY. Remember the 90's?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
RANT!!!!

It's RANT!!!!! You utter, utter *snip*!!!!

Where the heck have you been man!!!!

I don't know wither to curse you or praise you! You knob!!!!!!

RANT! I don't believe it!!!!

Thank all the God's you're back!

*grovels some more*

Anyway, what where you saying?

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
RANT if you were in Scotland right now, I'd punch you in the face then hug you till you couldn't breath.

It's beyond good to see you back!

Don't bugger off like that again!!

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
What say you? Consider this a wish list.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILTY BABY. Remember the 90's?

Yeah, maybe now that the Democrats are in power we conservatives will have something to smile about. There's nothing like an opposition-controlled congress to bring down spending. Just as long as we don't go overboard and forbid the government from spending ONE RED CENT for several days. Remember the 90s?

So, OK, my wishlist: that is to say, the things that will lead me to vote and volunteer Democrat in 2008:

• An Iraq mission statement accompanied by domestic policy consequences for lack of progress.

• The beginning of a program to narrow the US trade deficit which focuses heavily but not exclusively on energy policy.

• Tax increases on the biggest profiters. These taxes should be carefully targeted to the advantage of small business owners and to make those who are profiting from our trade deficit pay their fair share.

• Spending review and cuts to non-producing government programs.

• Purse-stringed standards for responsible state school budgets. It's WRONG to spend state or federal funds on football stadiums, swimming pools, highspeed internet connections, field trips to the movie theater, etc etc for the top few schools when the bottom 50% have insufficient English Second Language resources and can't attract teachers with degrees in the subject they teach, and I expect the people who correctly opposed vouchers to fix the problem so that the bad idea doesn't come back.

There's a hell of a lot more I want, but I understand it's going to take a while. This is just the bare bones to prove they've got an agenda. I don't expect the problems totally solved, I don't expect HUGE moves, I don't expect them to jump into the most contentious parts of every issue right away, but the Democrats have got 2 years to show me an agenda, and if they do it, I just might try to help give them from 2008-2012 to do more.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
My predictions for the first 100 days are an increase in the minimum wage,

*SNIP*

I want this... another pay as you go Congress. FISCAL RESPONSIBILTY BABY. Remember the 90's?

Are you going along with the democratic wish list of $10.00 per hour?
Cuz I gotta say that will about kill what is left of Michigan's economy as small businesses shut down.

Just how is THAT fiscal responsibility :shk:

NOTE:
Good to see you back, man

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Nice to see you back Rant, we miss you here.

First I am glad that the balance of power in our nation has been restored.

I am also glad to have the first woman house speaker, Hurray for woman.

While I am overly over joy with the drug reform and allowing Canadian drugs to be sold in the US . . .

I have problems with the pushing of Bush immigrant Reform bill that many Democrats were in favor off and the minimum wage, that while it looks like a good deal . . . if you combine it with passing the work permit or amnesty for illegal actually is not going to be of benefit for Americans but for that particular group.

Also as everything in our nation increasing the minimum wage may do harm to small businesses and also . . . this is not going to benefit many hard working families in America that to live and survive in our nation minimum wage is not enough to feed a family even if they raised.

But any rising of minimum wage will bring the cost of living higher for everybody and still no enough money to have left over.

For those that barely make it right now over the establish minimum wage will end having less money after the cost of living goes up

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Are you going along with the democratic wish list of $10.00 per hour?
Cuz I gotta say that will about kill what is left of Michigan's economy as small businesses shut down.

Just how is THAT fiscal responsibility :shk:

NOTE:
Good to see you back, man

I agree strongly with DTOM on this issue. We cant have more mandatory min. wage increase here in the mitten state. One of the greatest states of the union and we are about to go down hard if something doesnt change. The only thing keeping us alive is small business that has not grown large enough to outsource.

Oh and welcome back Rant.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
RANT if you were in Scotland right now, I'd punch you in the face then hug you till you couldn't breath.

It's beyond good to see you back!

Don't bugger off like that again!!

Long response. Lost it. I'm satellite card at the lake. Will try again.

top topics

join