It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 8!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Huh? Wha?
The show ended with season 7 you say?

Well Buffy fans, rejoice, for Joss Whedon recently spoke to "Entertainment Weekly" about "Buffy" Season 8—the comic book! "We're picking up almost right after season seven left off," he told the magazine. "I don't know exactly why it or how it happened. I just thought, 'Oh, I could do that! It would be fun!' It happens to me every now and then, and causes me to commit to things I really don't have time for."

Still, fans would love to see their favorite "Buffy"—and "Angel"—characters on their television screens again, but Whedon told "EW" why it's not likely. "I had been thinking about doing some TV movies based on 'Buffy' characters, but we could never get anything resembling financing together that was realistic, so it fell by the wayside. But that whole failed endeavor made me start thinking about what would happen next, and what the stories and mythology would be. I realized there was a lot to say, and it could make for a really fun comic book.''

Whedon also told the magazine that we'll see very minimal involvement from the "Angel" cast, as that series has their own comics published by IDW Publishing, but there will be a focus on the large amount of slayers now in the world. The scribe will also be using some ideas he originally included in the pitch for the spin-off "Slayer School," as well as introducing some interesting new conflicts into the lives of Buffy & Co. Don't expect to see a resolution to the "Angel" series, as Whedon hinted at other plans for the titular vampire-with-a-soul.

www.comicbookresources.com

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is the cover art for the first two issues.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A sort of druuuullll develops everytime I see Sarah Michelle Gellar. Even if its a drawing

join