It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaybe West & Black Eyed Peas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
more than likely this thread'll be moved to the ppl forum but i'm ranting about them so it'll prolly stay here. ne way, i usually have a lot to say when in rant mode but i don't feel like sayin a whole lot today so i'll keep short and sweet. these 2 should stop making music, have all they're cd's destroyed, and be erased off the earth.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why?

Kanye has wrote tracks talking about the Diamond mines in Sierra Leonne. Talking about how people are dieing so others can support some bling.

Whats wrong with that?

Black Eyed Peas?

Have you heard some of their music?

People killing people dying
Children hurtin you hear them crying
Can you practice what you preach
Would you turn the other cheek?
Father Father Father help us
Send some guidance from above
Cause people got me got me questioning
Where is the love?

Link

Whats wrong with those lyrics? With in there would want you to prevent them from writing lyrics?

Of all the crap we are spoon fed on a regular basis with today's music industry, these are two acts that I believe stand out on a positive stance.

I respect them for it.

Could you elaborate slightly to inform us on why you wish these two would stop writing music?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
agreed chissler.

Although Kanye and the B.E.P. don't rock my boat (even makes me shudder when I hear their chart topping teen manipulating rubbish on the radio (accept goldigger... that track ruled in a slight "keepin it to yourself" kinda way) you have to understand that they are a corporate business project looking to make a living on a platform that is lucrative.

If you don't like them, then don't buy the CD's or MP3's.

On the Kanye note Chissler, the following link provides further infor about the incidents envolving the diamond issue

needs to be seen

As for the Black Eye Peas, I personally find that when I hear them that a small amount of vomitus makes itself present in my mouth but if other like them, who am I to judge.

However, I think Fergie (no matter how much the males (and some females) of the board may like to "bang" her.. she is a fool.

Fergie is a conceited

This is one of many reasons that culture is being destoryed on an international level.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of all their music, but I am a fan of the message they attempt to portray.

Kanye is soaked with arrogance and an unbreakable confidence, but some of his songs have some strong messages behind them.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I'm not a fan of all their music, but I am a fan of the message they attempt to portray.

Kanye is soaked with arrogance and an unbreakable confidence, but some of his songs have some strong messages behind them.

yeah, like avoid "b#####s" trying to blag yo green an dollar bills blud!

The message is false if the feleling is empty.

If they wanted to convey a message then why profit by it?

The profit was more important than the message surely?

They may give to charity but I am sure that a little was kept to themselves...

They still live a flamouyant lifestyle while other suffer and whilst donating to help these causes, they themselves are hypocritical to preach others to help when they themselves see a limit to the help they provide as they have become accostomed to living at a specific level of luxury.

How many starving people in Darfur could be fed on the money that one of the people spends of make up and fashion in 3 months?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
How can we fault them for living a life that others dream of?

They have an exceptional talent that allows them to live a lavish lifestyle. They give to charity what we make in a few years. I don't see how we are in a position to judge.

Do you give every waking moment, every extra penny to charity?

If not, how can we judge them?

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
If they wanted to convey a message then why profit by it?

To sustain life? To produce more tracks? To continue to portray this same message? Why do any of us strive to make money? They should not be faulted on the fact they make more money than us.

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
The profit was more important than the message surely?

And if it is? So what? I appreciate the fact they are willing to portray this message rather than exploit children, women, etc. Some musicians are more about the music than the money. Need I point your attention to Nirvana? Fame was the last thing Cobain wanted. Profit is not everyones main goal, but it should be a welcomed incentive.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

They have an exceptional talent that allows them to live a lavish lifestyle. They give to charity what we make in a few years. I don't see how we are in a position to judge.

I think stating that they are exceptional is going a bit far, they know the audience they are trying to maniuplate are have made money from it. This I don't disagree with but living a lavish lifestyle and then trying to preach to others that we should understand the plight of those less fortunate is hypocritical in my opinion

Do you give every waking moment, every extra penny to charity?

I don't because I (as many others) barely make enough to survive and support our families.

To sustain life? To produce more tracks? To continue to portray this same message? Why do any of us strive to make money? They should not be faulted on the fact they make more money than us.

The value of profit is not the issue, the issue I make is that these people are trying to portray an image that expresses that they have a personal obligation to spread that they understand and want to help the plight of others in a less fortunate position than themselves but they themeselves limit how they want to help. It is like giving for the sake of pity not for genuine concern.

And if it is? So what? I appreciate the fact they are willing to portray this message rather than exploit children, women, etc. Some musicians are more about the music than the money. Need I point your attention to Nirvana? Fame was the last thing Cobain wanted. Profit is not everyones main goal, but it should be a welcomed incentive.

The fact that others are suffering and these bands are using it as leverage to promote the "feel good" and moral songs for financial benefit is sickening in my opinion. If they were selfless then all p0f the profit would be given to those to whom the plight was being portrayed.

Cobain was an awesome music and song wirter but was a smack head who would have been more concerned with getting a hit than feeding the needy (with all genuine due respect he had an illness in his own right).

Besides which, I don't believe that Cobain ever used the starving or needy as leverage to sell songs.

RIP Kurt Cobain.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe your perceiving their efforts in the wrong way.

Rather than a profit, maybe it should be viewed as musicians trying to bring light to a negative situation. Maybe it is musicians trying to spread the message of the innocent who are suffering.

Are you familiar with Hotel Rhwanda? The movie that starred Don Cheadle. Was this a lame attempt at a dirty profit, or an honest attempt to bring attention to a desperate situation in Darfur?

I believe it was an honest attempt, and I believe you will agree.

So if this is the case, why are those attempts honest, while musicians are dirty?

Maybe I am too optimistic. But I like to think they are attempting to bring these stories to the forefront, for everyone to understand.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Maybe your perceiving their efforts in the wrong way.

Very presumptious...

Rather than a profit, maybe it should be viewed as musicians trying to bring light to a negative situation. Maybe it is musicians trying to spread the message of the innocent who are suffering.

Then do you beleive that they are powered with an ego that assumes that all others are to ignorant to see past their own lives?

Would you not consider that personally insulting?

Are you familiar with Hotel Rhwanda? The movie that starred Don Cheadle. Was this a lame attempt at a dirty profit, or an honest attempt to bring attention to a desperate situation in Darfur?

Neither, it was a true story depicting true events. However the story is compelling and brings forth information, if this was made with the intention of bringing profit to the individual who created it then then the same level of hypocrasy would apply. Agreed that any help is better than no help but to use a humaintarian pleading situation as a route for profiteeering is immoral regardless of what level of help it provides. Unless full benefits is provided to those whom the message is directed then the manipulation of the needy has taken place.

I believe it was an honest attempt, and I believe you will agree.

Honest attempt maybe, but profiteering nonetheless

Maybe I am too optimistic. But I like to think they are attempting to bring these stories to the forefront, for everyone to understand.

But would you not say that paying for the need to be informed is immoral if the basis is for a charitable nature when the profits are purely directed towards a musci conglomerate?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
First of all I know nothing about this kind of music nor ever will. But I know that these organizations always reward people that they view as safe and mainstream. It has always been like that even decades ago. I was always frustrated at that and I see it hasn't changed one bit.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Kanye has wrote tracks talking about the Diamond mines in Sierra Leonne. Talking about how people are dieing so others can support some bling.

and he doesn't where this "bling"???

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Not a fan of Kanye or the BEP's.

Kanye West opened for U2 here in Oz wek before last and he was absolute shyte.

Smart Aussies are really not into his hiphop/rap crap. That is not part of our culture. It is American ghetto music. The only people that play his music really are the young misguided dudes in turbo charged cars (usually Midde Easterners or Southern Europeans) with those ginormous big speakers hanging out of the boot or on the back seat. He had a really sad dancer with him gyrating her 'bootay' over the place. PATHETIC. She willbe lookin' for a hip replacement real soon!. It really spoiled the firstpart of the night.

He was wearing all the bling and sounded really bad. Can't sing for peanuts.

He would not shut up and was rambling on and on about how glad he was being here in Oz with U2. People in the crowd were actually yelling out "Get off" "F... Off". Lots of people left the stadium and went to the bars and food outlets downstairs.

Do not know any of his lyrics because the genre just pees me off.

METAL FOREVER

In Peace Always
resi

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
and he doesn't where this "bling"???

Never said that.

CJ, I'm not sure where to take it from here. I look at an event and see positive being pulled. I see light being shone on the event and the story of innocent victims being told.

I believe you see it as people benefiting from a story they do not deserve to benefit from. Immoral? I'd have to disagree, but I agree to disagree.

top topics

join