It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving. Yes, I Am Thankful.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First I'd like to wish all of my brethren here at ATS a very happy, safe, and healthy Thanksgiving holiday.
This is one of my favorite holidays. I get to eat too much, drink some beer, and watch football all day long without anyone saying anything about it!
Seriously, there is so much to be thankful for. We complain all the time about how many of our rights are taken away, and how disgusted we are with the American Government. While I don't agree with very many of Mr. Bush's decisions, I am thankful that I live here in the USA. I take for granted every single day many, many things
I turn on the faucet, and water comes out hot or cold.
I turn on the switch and electric powers up whatever is plugged in.
I run out of something, I can run to the store and buy more 24 hours a day.
I'm driving down the highway and get hungry, I can take my choice of many different places that I can order from, and not even get out of my car.
I have more than enough channels on the TV - although it does puzzle me how when I have 150 channels, I can never seem to find anything to watch......
I can get on the computer and openly bash the leaders of this country here on ATS, without fear of "being imprisoned". Try that in alot of other countries.
I can hop on a plane anytime I want and fly wherever I want.
For the most part, our streets are pretty safe.
I can pick up the phone and call whoever I want, anytime I want. "Do you want my home number, or my cell number?" is rather telling of things we take for granted, eh?
The question isn't "Do you have a car?", the question is "What kind of car do you have?" If trouble happens, I simply dial 911, and the police, firefighters, or EMT's are at my door in minutes.
The list is endless.
Yes I am thankful. When I sit at the table with my beautiful family and eat and drink until I have to loosen up my belt a notch or two, I will make sure that I reflect on all of these things.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends. I hope that you'll take a moment to truly be thankful for all that we do have.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And happy Thanksgiving to you sir. I have most of those things you mention as well and plenty of wood for the fire. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

[edit on 11/22/2006 by gimmefootball400]

new topics

join