It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is time speeding up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think this may be the reason that many people appear younger than their chronological age. It seems as though time has sped up but the physical aging of the body has not. So people don't look as old as their parents did at the same age. OR, it could just be that we have better nutrition today than was available in past generations.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I definitely find that with age time speeds up.

What interests me is what someone mentioned above about time seemingly slowing down at certain occasions.

An hour can mean a lot of things to the brain. An hour in the dentist's chair, or an hour awaiting medical results can sometimes feel so long you'd swear it was a year. While an hour on the beach in the sun and breeze can pass by so fast you'd swear it was a minute.

Also the pre-disaster timeflow is definitely slower. You know... when the ball is headed right for the guy's head. That kinda thing. And yet in times of extreme crisis sometimes whole events can flash by in seconds to the point where you can't even remember how you reacted (car accidents etc).

I definitely believe that this is a biological phenomenon. I don't think time itself ever changes its flow, but rather our own individual clocks perceive time at different rates depending on what else is going on in our brains.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
time is definitely NOT speeding up, but what it definitely IS is your mind playing tricks on you.

I'm interested to see if there is any research on brain activity over the course of a lifetime and whether or not it really is just a case of you mind being able to process the information on a faster scale. In my experience I have found that sometimes if I listen to a particular piece of music it can sound faster (or slower) than at other times. The strangest thing though is that the pitch of the notes remains the same... hmm?!! And another thing too, you go to sleep for maybe 7 or 8 hours yet it feels like about 10 minutes... hmm again?!!

I had a quick mooch around and found this, if only to demonstrate the standards involved in the measurement of time on a global scale. Apologies if it's already been posted elsewhere

NPL Time Metrology

new topics

<< 1   >>

join