It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen creates fusion in his basement !!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Simply amazing !!! This kid is a wiz for sure !!

Home Fusion

I bet the Gov hires him when he gets out of college !! he's a valuable resource !!

What's everyone opinion on this ??

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
wonder if the gov keeps a eye on this kid. These kind of people are offered lots of money from other countries or even kidnapped.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I bet they are watching him right now !! Its doubtful they would ignore him and his research......his life will be amazing nonetheless !!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wonder how this kid will change the world in the next 50 years. These are the newtons and einsteins.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Not to rain on the parade but fusion itself is easy. Getting more energy out than you put in is the hard part....

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Chicks dig nuclear fusion.

I'd like to see a video demonstration.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He may be out of his college years by the time ITER gets off the ground running?

www.iter.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If we spent less time on the internet we would achieve a few things I bet our selves.
I could have made great works of art maybe even get recognision but the Internet is so addictive it hurts... Maybe we all could get some where, its good for reaseach but I bet we have missed a lot of other things too. But I have learned a fair deal my self just not done anything from it. never know if we all put as much effort into our keyboards we could be making money do other things.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Kinda wierd to hear hes the 18th person in the world to create a fusion reactor at home isn't it?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sorry to Crash the Party, but as others have said Achieveing Fusion is Easy. The catch is extracting USEABLE energy from it.

The ability to artificially create a self-sutaining fusion reaction was first achieved by US scientist in 1952. The problem was the reaction they created was uncontrollable and caused a huge explosion. Nuclear Fusion is the basic principle behind the Hydrogen Bomb or H-bomb. So as you can see Fusing has been existing for years. The problem with the technology is how do you create a Self-Sustaining chain reaction that won't go out of control and cause a HUGE explosion? Second, once you have that reaction, how do you syphin off energy for electricity or other uses?

Tim

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's really cool, but there were a couple of things that made me LOL...

Like this comment from his mom:

"I thought he was going to be a cook," Natalice Olson said, "because he liked to mix things."

But the best was her saying "no" to his request to build an innocuous hyperbaric chamber, but gave the go ahead for him to build a fusion reactor in the basement.

Bless.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
since he is the 18th person to do this i wonder where and what the other 17 are doing right now. I wonder if they work for our gov. or another gov

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Sorry to Crash the Party, but as others have said Achieveing Fusion is Easy. The catch is extracting USEABLE energy from it.

The ability to artificially create a self-sutaining fusion reaction was first achieved by US scientist in 1952. The problem was the reaction they created was uncontrollable and caused a huge explosion. Nuclear Fusion is the basic principle behind the Hydrogen Bomb or H-bomb. So as you can see Fusing has been existing for years. The problem with the technology is how do you create a Self-Sustaining chain reaction that won't go out of control and cause a HUGE explosion? Second, once you have that reaction, how do you syphin off energy for electricity or other uses?

Tim

Talk by Dr. Bussard of Bussard Ramjet and Co-founder of the US Tokamak program fame. He hates Tokamak Fusion and has been hard at work at create a much simpler and cheaper alternative. Apparently he has succeeded and is looking for funding because the US Nuclear budget(aside from DARPA) seems to think that his program is too cheap. He completely does away with the Torus in favor of a setup that is much more similar to Doc Oct fusion device in Spider Man. That is creating a spherical fusion reaction. It is quite technical though so you might want to skip the first half hour cuz it deals primarily with the Hard Physics of Fusion.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
the bigger question is, with there being Electromagnetic generators, water fusion, an many other power ideas, an so forth why are we so dependent apon foreign oil?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Because these fusion reactions aren't self-sustainable. We have not figured that out.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
yeah but their are supposedly companies already that have made a idea i have been thinking an looking into .... the EMG, which could be started with a battery an then runs on magnetic power that generates more power apon the electrical making process of copper coil conduction, lol theres prolly a way better way to explain it, but imma bit slow at explaining myself,

but anyways this is supposedly possible to have in a size mass of a fridge.

anywho what im gettin at, is it seems our guberment doesnt want us to rely on anything BUT OIL!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

anywho what im gettin at, is it seems our guberment doesnt want us to rely on anything BUT OIL!

Most of our energy actually comes from things like Natural Gas, Hydro, Nuclear, and Coal(in North America at least). Oil is used for just about everything else though, it's just that useful and using it for transportation is just idiotic IMO, considering that it's supply is finite.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think all of you are forgetting that this kid is 17 and the aim of his 'experiment' wasn't to create usable energy, but simply to experiment and learn about fusion, which he did in an amazing way.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would like to know where he got the deuterium gas. I am totally shocked that the government isnt somewhat concerned he is obtaining deuterium, which is a key ingrediant in nuclear weapons.

The key would be to sustain the reaction, and as someone already mentioned, get more energy out than you have to put in.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

[
I would like to know where he got the deuterium gas. I am totally shocked that the government isnt somewhat concerned he is obtaining deuterium, which is a key ingrediant in nuclear weapons.

Mm well I can come up with some ideas why to that. #1 He's white. He's young and handsom, has a bright future and is quite promising (supposedly). #2, an agent hasn't picked up the memo and should be there knocking on his door any time now to comfenscate his possessions and interogate his intentions. #3, it is a government ploy to see if anyone really cares if the law should intervene.

7A

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join