It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle of the X and the O

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I see more women wearing O shaped pendants these days. As many now wear an O as wear a cross. Nevermind the don't worship idols thing.
Is this an indication that american women are dropping christianity in favor of athiesism? Am I reading too much into this?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think it is basically just the latest fashion d'jour ~ according to those who market for Zales, etc. I saw them on TV...you know: get her this hunk of metal and you might get laid all week!
That is, if you are not already in 'trouble' and getting it for her to get out of trouble. In that case - one night, if she likes it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What.......EXACTLY ..............does the O represent.

Do you know?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Do you realize what the O stands for? Eternity and God...How is that in ny form or fashion even remotely related to atheism. I think you are making much ado about nothing. By the way,it could be argued that wearing a cross is also "idol worship."

[edit on 22-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Nevermind the don't worship idols thing.

Don’t confuse symbology with Idolatry....they are different....idolatry is the worship of a physical object as a god while symbology is the representation of something, in this case, our Christian faith.

Lets look at the bible.

Joshua 24

"Now then," said Joshua, "throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel."

Idolatry the bible speaks of is more than just an object; it is the worship of another god.

The dictionary defines the word:

Main Entry: idolatry
Pronunciation: -trE

1: the worship of a physical object as a god

So it’s deeper than displaying or using symbolic objects, it is the worship and allegiance to another god.

Genesis 31

19 When Laban had gone to shear his sheep, Rachel stole her father's household gods.

Many people in the Old Testament kept small wooden or metal idols (“gods”) in their homes. These idols were called teraphim, and they were thought to protect the home and offer advice in times of need. They had legal significance as well, when they were passed on to an heir, the person could claim the greatest part of the family inheritance.

Clearly using a symbol of faith is not idolatry.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Do you realize what the O stands for? Eternity and God...How is that in ny form or fashion even remotely related to atheism. I think you are making much ado about nothing. By the way,it could be argued that wearing a cross is also "idol worship."

Which god?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Which god?

According to the christians that wear them, the idea of Jesus as the physical being of god, rather than the idea of Jesus representing what god is about. Many christians see Jesus himself as god, they miss the whole point of Jesus by doing that.

Also, how does a circle represent atheism? To me a circle is a symbol representing the idea of something that is infinite. To me a circle would be closer to representing god and love than a cross. That's just my opinion, but could you please explain how the circle is associated with atheists?

[edit on 22/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The O

The O that goes inside of this: G_D or G-D

also infinity
unlimited love and room for an ever extending family...

When God bakes the 'pi' there is ALWAYS enough for everyone! And then twice as much left over!

Whatever flavor you like! Even pecan (YUK)

God is no longer without and we are no longer desolate and void within..

THE O

Also - coca cola just put out their latest no cal soda

Coke 'Zero' but the first time I saw it I thought 'Hey there is the O to go in G_D!'

Hadn't thought about the necklaces, though....

COOL.
(smiling out loud)

IMMANUEL indeed
can't you see?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
this is showing that people no longer recognize christ as the one who died on the cross, but the one who has risen ON HIS OWN ACCOUNT (which signifies the ONE (1) CURVED IN ON ITSELF... to make a ZERO (0) (as I have talked about in other threads) and Since Jesus did that, he created infinity with the communion of the bride-groom.. when another person who has Curved in on themselves becomes 0 (zero) and communes with another of the same nature (creating the infinity symbol)

The O or 0 or zero, whatever you want to call it.. it represents the fact that subconciously they are recieving the energy that is becoming predominant... it means they're getting it... even if they don't know it, they find themselves acting differently these days, thinking slightly different.. becoming more aware of their own bodies brain and cell functions....
that they no longer see christ as suffering...
but
they see him for what he is.. eternity, love and acceptance of all things.
people are being forced to accept and 'understand' a butchered version of reality, with knowing they are being forced into a mental change in mind... its 'morally' wrong to do in my opinion.. it isn't the most impeccable thing to do.. but its being done.. the best way they've devised so far to get people to accept and understand, is sending FAMILY to WAR.... Families are FORCED to accept and understand, WITHOUT question in most cases. (Draft anyone?, NO I Don't mean a beer.)

Look around you, you couldn't find GOD if he punched you in the face.

The X, was the symbol of ONE (1) that is solitary, intersecting/intervening another ONE (1) that is also solitary of a different direction... they communed.. they CAME together.. and HE overcame... (Christ) .. and he became Eternal....or 0..

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
We could settle this by wearing both:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Tamahu, i fell out of my chair when i read your post, you get a way above vote for that

anyway,
fashion and religion don't always mix
i don't want to see america devolve into a state where everything, even FASHION is about religion

and that is why i hate christian youth culture, they commercialize religion to the point of making it into FASHION

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, there's some online store called 'The O',
that sells these two, sort of like advertising using jewelery.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The O

The O me

Omega

Except then you need an alpha - because one is never able stay warm alone..
and a three strand cord is not easily broken...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Genesis 31

19 When Laban had gone to shear his sheep, Rachel stole her father's household gods.

Many people in the Old Testament kept small wooden or metal idols (“gods”) in their homes. These idols were called teraphim, and they were thought to protect the home and offer advice in times of need. They had legal significance as well, when they were passed on to an heir, the person could claim the greatest part of the family inheritance.

So openly proclaiming faith is a money grab on the part of women?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
What.......EXACTLY ..............does the O represent.

Do you know?

...a plain ring, with its obvious connotations to nothing, symmetry, peace and harmony. I’ll have to agree that a ring would probably be the most aesthetic symbol imaginable.

Unfortunately we haven’t been granted this particular symbol—it is already used in various religious contexts, and it’s far too easy to mistake a ring for a worldview neutral geometry. Furthermore, because of the generic nature of the symbol it’s easily mistaken for 0 or O in plaintext. It is far less than noticeable when worn, and it fails to signal anything original.

A perfect circle is elegant and aesthetic like none other, and it conveys the message, so it’d obviously be the symbol for atheism.

www.helsinki.fi...

The circle could also represent eternity or even the sun.

Man controls his destiny in the name of the sun, or man surrenders his destiny to the sun.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
We could settle this by wearing both:

An excellent compromise I would expect.

'Out of nothing, something.'

Man controls his destiny as long as it favors all who fall under the sun.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The circle could also represent eternity or even the sun.

Man controls his destiny in the name of the sun, or man surrenders his destiny to the sun.

Bingo..............we have a winner.............I knew someone would come up with the right answer.

SUN MATRIX.............................

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
LOL, I just saw Zales advertising a diamond circle pendant during the Cowboy game.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Now Kay Jewelers advertising diamond circle pendant.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The O

The O me

Omega

Except then you need an alpha - because one is never able stay warm alone..
and a three strand cord is not easily broken...

More info on the O.

The alpha and the omega is the end of this age and the beginning of the next.

The Milky Way Galaxy is the inspiration for the symbol of the Ouroboros. Myth refers to a serpent of light residing in the heavens. The Milky Way is this serpent, and viewed at galactic central point near sagittarius, this serpent eats its own tail.

The Milky Way galaxy keeps a great time cycle that ends in catastrophic change. The sign of the SUNTELIA AION is the sun rising out of the mouth of the ouroboros, which will occur on the solstice December 2012.

The Greeks called the End of the Age the SUNTELIA AION

Ancient historians and especially Plato referred to a cycle of catastrophe at the End of the Age.

www.greatdreams.com...

I'm gonna tie a post that I made on another thread about venus to this.

While attempting to Decode the symbolism in 9/11, I noticed a connection to venus.

The north world trade tower stood for 42 minutes, the south world trade tower stood for 56 minutes.

Suva, Fiji is located in the southern hemisphere, Venus will be in the northern hemisphere on June 6, 2012.

While doing a search for 42 56 on google, I came across this.

Suva 04:42:56 11

Apparently at 4 hours 42 minutes and 56 seconds, on June 6 2012 venus will be at the External Sun Egress in Suva, Figi. From what I can gather that is point at which Venus and the Sun part ways after Venus finishes travelling across the surface of the sun, as viewed from earth.

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

You may say so what. Venus has been asscociated with the lightbringer Lucifer in the bible. Some say that Jesus is Lucifer, the serpent or satan himself while others associate Jesus with the sun (The son [Egyptian god RA] of God). I would say that the final mythological countdown is nearing the end of it's present cycle. The final battle of good and evil. The end of the world that we have all been eagerly awaiting.

Astronomers will seek to record four Instants of perfect Tangency between Venus's Disk, and the Sun's. Two are at Ingress,- External Contact, at the first touch from outside the Sun's Limb, and then Internal Contact, at the instant the small black Disk finally detaches from the inner Circumference of the great yellow one, Venus now standing alone against the Face of the Sun.

www.venus-transit.de...

transit of venus across the sun on June 6, 2012

I'm not really sure about the significance of Fiji though.

The new Atlantis, which could be a safehaven from Armagedon?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join