It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Become a Mason make me great?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
According to this video, which I have no idea what the history behind it or anything is, becoming a Mason is what men who will do "great things" should do. It almost implies that only Masons can do great things. What does becoming a Mason have anything to do with being a great man? I know that Masons help other Masons out, for example in the military you get promoted much faster if you're a Mason. (Don't anyone dare tell me that's not true because I not only have seen it first hand while I was in the military, but I had high-ranking Army aquaintences who admitted to me that putting that you're a Mason on the paperwork to get E7 helps your chances of getting promoted.) Anyway, I'm just curious what people think about this statement about becoming a Mason and doing great things. I would especially like to hear from you Masons. Why is it that joining the Masons makes you a "great man"? Here's the movie:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
Here's the movie:

www.youtube.com...

You wouldn't think that the worlds most powerful fraternity would be reduced to nationwide television adverstising to attract new customers, like a furntiture store or a cheap box of laundry detergent.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If you’re interested you can read about what most masons think of the ad campaign in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m interested in what you say about Masons being promoted more rapidly within the US army. Although there’s no way I can comment on the truth of this, (not a mason, not a soldier) I think I remember William Cooper saying he believed he was promoted for this same reason.

Although he wasn’t a mason, he said he was part of the Order of DeMolay, and wrote on the application that he was a mason. (for fear of lying)

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I’m interested in what you say about Masons being promoted more rapidly within the US army. Although there’s no way I can comment on the truth of this, (not a mason, not a soldier)

While in the Army I got to know everyone in my unit extremely well. Although the Masons never really talked much about they're involvement, conversations would come up, and I eventually began learning who were Masons. It was then that I started noticing rings or tattoos on the soldiers that should've clued me in. Anyway, I talked to a couple of them, and for the most part they were friendly about it, but didn't want to talk much of course. I eventually learned that over ninety percent of the NCOs ranked Staff Sergeant and above in my unit were confirmed Masons. The other ten percent could have been but I never found out. That's a ridiculous amount of the high ranking individuals being members of the same organization, and to my knowledge is actually breaking some kind of law like Affirmative Action or something, but I haven't yet researched that. I asked a lot of questions, and didn't get much information, but I learned that when applying for Sergeant First Class, putting that you're a Mason under the "hobbies" section, (or something like that), does something to help you get promoted. I also know of many lower enlisted soldiers who have bitter feelings towards the Masons because they were up for promotion but were denied it because a Mason was given it instead. In fact, I'd say atleast 1 out of every 10 soldiers has a story like that, but that's a speculation. All pawn shops outside military bases, even the bazaars run by Iraqi civilians in Iraq, were chock full of Masonic jewelry, because everyone knows that if there's military, there's Masons. So basically, if the Masons WERE trying to take over the world, their in a decent position to do so since they've all but taken the United States Army over.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Would you do your own brother any favors.

Sorry I would. Everyone helps people they like simple fact.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So basically, if the Masons WERE trying to take over the world, their in a decent position to do so since they've all but taken the United States Army over.

Actually, the Masons didn't "take over the United States Army"...they founded it!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

So basically, if the Masons WERE trying to take over the world, their in a decent position to do so since they've all but taken the United States Army over.

Actually, the Masons didn't "take over the United States Army"...they founded it!

DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Sorry felt like the right moment. That's all i have to contribute, but im intrested further into discussing on how the Masons founded the U.S army.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sympthons_WDF
That's all i have to contribute, but im intrested further into discussing on how the Masons founded the U.S army.

How about who founded the country?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sympthons_WDF

DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Sorry felt like the right moment. That's all i have to contribute, but im intrested further into discussing on how the Masons founded the U.S army.

I was really only half-joking. A large number of the founding officers were Masons, including Washington, Revere, and LaFayette.

BTW, we're neighbors! I walked in a Shrine parade in Rock Hill just a few years ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Haha, well I'm aware that many of the founding fathers and first generals of the United States Army were Masons. I'm also aware that the Masons don't exactly keep this secret. Atleast the Masons of Las Vegas Masonic Lodge #32 don't:

www.vegas32.org...

Haha, the only famous Mason I don't see on that list is Kramer from Seinfeld, although maybe I was misinformed about him being a Mason.

Originally posted by yeht

First off to answer your question: yes. But I think you misinterpreted the idea of my question. I wasn't implying that this was a bad thing in any way. In fact, the more I hear about the advertised, (somewhat-advertised, should say), goals and mission of the Masonic Order, the more I respect them. In fact, if I wasn't an agnostic I might even consider joining. I think the Masons have things to teach that most non-Masons won't learn, although that's just a speculation. My life is about two things: happiness and the quest for truth in all things. If the Masons have something to teach I would definitely like to know! Anyway, I didn't say there was anything wrong with them helping each other out, although when it comes down to a Mason police officer not giving a speeding ticket to a man who clearly broke the law just because he's a Mason the fine line between helping and "accomplicing" is in danger of being crossed. My reason for this thread is to try and discover just how it is the Masons help men become "great". Is it the support system? Or do they actually know things that non-Masons don't that contribute to a man's success?

[edit on 22/11/06 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeht

But obeying the laws of the land and not conspiring against the peoples and the government is not legit.

Furthermore, masons and particularily Shriners present themselves as being a KOOKY MEN'S CLUB that DOES GOOD WORKS.

That's it, but obviously the public has been fooled.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
But obeying the laws of the land and not conspiring against the peoples and the government is not legit.

Furthermore, masons and particularily Shriners present themselves as being a KOOKY MEN'S CLUB that DOES GOOD WORKS.

That's it, but obviously the public has been fooled.

Well I don't think it's really fair to say they're conspiring against anybody unless you atleast provide a link to some evidence that supports your accusation. I'm sure anyone defending the Masons about your accusation regarding the public being fooled about Masons doing good things for the public would post something such as this:

In 1990 American Masonic Philanthropy was $525 million or $1.4 million per day

www.masonicinfo.com...

$1.4 million dollars a day is a lot of money given to charity, so you can't deny the fact that they do do good things. However, I only mention these for the sake of argument. The truth is that only adds up to about 156 dollars given by each Mason annually, which makes it seem not quite so significant. Not to mention there's a lot of organizations that give lot's of money to charity, but it doesn't make them good organizations as a whole necessarily.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Kramer is on there

Richards, Michael comedian (Kramer of "Seinfeld" fame) - Plural member: Riviera Lodge No. 780 & Culver City-Foshay No. 467 (CA)

www.vegas32.org...

I checked cause I thought they actually taken it out recently. That'd be weird.

[edit on 23/11/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have a question about all those famous Masons. I'm assuming since it's not mentioned that they are probably high degree Masons and not 3rd degree Masons.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering
I have a question about all those famous Masons. I'm assuming since it's not mentioned that they are probably high degree Masons and not 3rd degree Masons.

Third Degree is the highest degree universally recognized in Freemasonry. There are many additional degrees in Freemasonry, but none are higher than the Third.

Also, any Third Degree Master Mason in good standing may apply for and receive the additional degrees. It's not considered a big deal.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is often a very heatedly debated topic. alot of people dont like the fact that a mason is more likely to favor a fellow mason then another person who isnt a mason. but this isnt just because the person in question is a mason, but also because chances are the person doing the promoting has had a chance to get to know that fellow mason that is being promoted.

And yes, many of the people that freed this country from the british, and built the government that we still use 230 years later were masons.. and they are still considered to be amung the finest americans to date.

now to the question in the thread title, which as usual doesnt go with the question of the topic. :-p

Being a mason is not what makes a mason a great man, as we have seen from those amung the order who have fallen short. But masonry (in it's ideals) is about teaching a man what it is that makes men great, and giving him the outlet and oppertunity to do great things.

This is one of the reasons we see promotion amung masons in the military, and in other walks of life. masons want good things for each other.. but they also expect good things of their brothers. i know if i were a mason, and i had masons working for me or under my command, i would expect more of them then that average grunt

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mason make you great? Well you won't be able to be president unless your a mason or associated with Bohemian Grovers who like to run around naked as D. Gergen admited in his Washington Times article.

Masons what do you think about that. The Grovers (Bush's, Clinton, Reagen, Nixon, and many other names all through the years getting together and runnin' around naked.

WHen they do have their cloths in they are taking part in weird ritual in KKK garb. Highly unusual activities from our supposed right wing christian leaders.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
MOST presidents were not masons, several were.. MOST were not.

You dont have to be a mason to run around nekkid.. i'm nekkid right now, and still not a mason.. or maybe i am confused on that and you have to be nekkid to become a mason. and on that note.. why are you so disgusted by men being nekkid in the sight of other men? your not a homophobe are you?

Lasty, the KKK is NOT a masonic organisation, and anyone who has acually bothered to investigate them would know this and that their ritual garb looks nothing like the KKK robe and hood.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Albert Pike, a most beloved little mason helped to found the KKK with Nathan B. Forrest and was Cheif Justice(of the invisible empire) of the KKK. He was Confederate General, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scotish Rite, Supreme Luciferian Pointiff and the author of " Morals and Dogma" He was said to have been the "Greatest messonic philosopher of the western world". He is the only Confederate General and KKK member to be buried in the House of the Temple in Washington, D.C., and the only mason/KKK member to have a 50 foot statue built in his honour in Washington, D.C.. So umm ya...while the KKK is not oficially a mesonic order, it was founded on mesonic principles.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
oh ya... I think that at least 17 presidents have been Freemasons.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by testingatheory]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join