It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all PODCasters and others: Can we make history?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So in my last PODCast the idea struck me that we should try a multi-PODCast, and the responses were quite positive, so I guess this would be the next step:

Basically the idea is to get as many ATS members as possible to participate in a single PODCast. We’ve heard the 3 Amigos taking part in one PODCast and several other PODCasts with more than one “Caster”… So how about a gigantic ATS member PODCast? Can we go down in the Internet history books with the biggest PODCast ever? Set some kind of record (dare I say Guinness Book of World Records?!
- or at least PODcast Awards
)

Obviously there will have to be some sort “protocol” to prevent all PODCasters from talking all at once. Maybe a big debate PODCast? It would be great if we could get someone with the know-how and organizational skills like Zedd or Mr Majic to take the reigns? (As if they don’t have enough to do as it is.
) Mr Wupy already volunteered to do whatever he can (and we need someone to volunteer to supply beverages…)

So the question is can it be done, if so who’s in and then of course: What, where, when and how?

Edit to add.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think it can be done through an external IM source like MSN, and a audio detector/recorder. We could take turns talking by either setting up a system where who ever wants to talk must type their reply first, so that others will know there is someone who wants to make a reply/rebuttal to a comment made, or we can each take turns talking.

I think this is an interesting idea, and would like to join in. I don't think it will be the world's largest Podcast, but it will definetly be one large file, if lots of people participate.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
the " obvious " solution to this would be to add " voice chat " functionality to the ATS.COM chat room

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
actually...use Skype or some other online chat service used in games like WoW or something......everyone joins in the confrence room or selected IP....i know teamspeak i belive uses a room with a password and thats how Guilds and stuff on wow speak to each other....then from there u just simply have some one record it using a sound program like CoolEditPro or something...setting up is the easy part...recording and telling who is who and what questions and such or what the topic is is the hard part...either way Im in

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Sounds like fun.

Count me in on it...

Semper

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hey I'm up for it, just as long as someone tells me how to do such a podcast.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm all for it so count me in! Just don't do it until next week at the earliest because I will be away from my computer for the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Also, we will need to keep in mind all the different time zones (but we can iron that out later).

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Definately sounds like a great idea! I'm excited!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Great idea Gemmy...I'm in for $ if we need to buy a room *wink wink*

For chatting in...geez.

Would be very cool...I think it can be done
Trick is recording the thing as it progresses.

I'll dig around and see what I can find

Free Skype can only host up to four connections at a time.

I am willing to pay for PalTalk if ATS will run it via their servers/host it via the site? (I'll donate the subscription :brkdnc
I just emailed them to find out more about it and how it works. SO and Zedd don't need more headaches, but if ATS could offer this (by way of a donated subscription) that's be cool...PODcasters could "book" the room for PODcasts or ATS could use it to get their damn PODcasts online *hint hint*...

I'll let you know what I hear back from the company as to doability. If ATS is willing or interested that is...

PalTalk is Yahoo, ICQ and AOL compatible as well as having their own chat program that is free to download. (added this)

Coast to Coast with Art bell uses it too! This may be very cool... still waiting to hear back from the sales department.

[edit on 11/22/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've never done a Pod Cast but have always toyed with the idea. Count me and my G4 in, I feel the more people we can broadcast the more people that will come to ATS. I'm in.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sign me up!

This could be the start of a really interesting experiment! Looking forward to helping out any way I can.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sure ill get in on this with my barry white voice. As long as we can swing the time and place thing to get us all together.

Seems to me any sound card should be able to record it all. Just need one box set up purely for recording. Set the record settings in the mixer from mic to "what you hear" or on some cards "stereo mixer". That should record all audio being output by whatever program and then use soundforge or some other program to compress it down and get it edited up. Im for it. I havent podcasted yet but id try to get in on this.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Okay...I think I've got it.

There's a way we can have up to forty people in a room one admin and a moderator, there is a "raise your hand" to speak option, and a mass email to all willing participants will go out with the Skype conference call #. This is great because it offers conference recording!!! When someone enters or leaves it can beep the conference group...

Get this! It's dirt cheap! 4.95 per month USD!

I found it here: VAPP High Speed Conferencing (Premium)

VAPP has partnered with Skype to offer this cool stuff!

So do you thin we could round up forty PODcasters?? LMAO...

Like I said, I will gladly pay for the service...we'll see how it goes and if it works I'll continue to pay for it and we can "lend" it around to the PODcasters on ATS (maybe not sure how we'd arrange that...)

Take a look at the above link and let me know if it's a good solution or not

Cheers

PS I did look into other options to donate to ATS...but holy crap it's a thousand or more per year for a really good service. A "bit" out of my price range...

I can definitely manage 8.70 CAD (4.95 USD) per month LOL

[edit on 11/23/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
@JustGeneric
Wow. That is ideal!!! One thing though, from what I've read in other threads I doubt if the owners of ATS will allow you to pay for anything (kind heart that you have
). You know - stuff like when they ban you, they don't want you coming back saying that you paid for this or for that so they can't ban you. Not that they'll ban you ... You know...

So, there has been an obvious absence of Mods in this thread ***CoughMrWupy?Cough*** So I suppose this is the time we want to hear what they think...

*** Looks up towards heaven, waving arms frantically ***

3 Amigos...? Mods...? Anyone...? They're probably out having one of those 3-day Moderators orgies...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What? Okay...so I won't donate it to ATS I'll be greedy and only share with other PODcasters and NOT ATS so there...just because the PODcasters happen to be ATSers...

So it'll be in my name...and not affiliated with ATS at all aside from the fact that if it's small enough it can be uploaded to ATS...otherwise it can uploaded to PODOmatic.... It'll just be sort of recording thing to get a group cast up and running.

There's no ATS law stating we can't get together in a podcast conference paid for by a member.

So I thought donating something would be nice...the legalities or protocol whatever...we can still do it.

Stop throwing a wrnch into my gears dammit Gemmy...I got a credit card burning a hole in my pocket!

ps I did send a query to Majic about it (donating service anyway) nothing back so I'm guessing it's a no thanks...LOL...so I'm a loon, sue me.

I'll step back and let you deal with it Gem. Just trying to help.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There, there. Sit down. Put your feet up and take a couple of deep breaths.

Your idea is still the best without a question. We just need to hang tight and wait for the powers that be to give some input... ***Taps foot impatiently***

I'm sure they'll make an exception for us to upload a bigger file - if we ask them nicely.

As far as I know there's no "law" in the TOS against any member wanting to donate a service or anything of the likes. But we know board politics...

That's it. If we get no reaction, I'll send a couple of U2U's to Mods I've sucked up to. If that doesn't work I'll... I'll sing!!! And no "easy listening" like the Beegees or ABBA... No, I'll bring out the big guns. Whitney Houston or Celine Dion... Bwahahahaha!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If anyone here has a teamspeak server (the one I had is now down), we could definately use that and have someone record and save it. It may be a large file, however, and teh TS server may crash from sooo many people on it.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

So, there has been an obvious absence of Mods in this thread ***CoughMrWupy?Cough*** So I suppose this is the time we want to hear what they think...

It's probably the timing......Thanksgiving week in the US.....Most of the members are celebrating with their families and traveling back and forth and such. (I cannot believe I ate as much as I did today) it makes for hectic times. Springer is gone till Monday.

I have five days off to celebrate but i'm spending them hugging family and re-doing my place. The new carpet arrives on Monday.

I'll be here, just give me a little bit

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ive had a 32 man ts server for over 5 years now Ranchman. And no it doesnt crash when its full. It works just fine. It all depends on the hosting company. Ive done it many many times running the Speex 25.9 codec. The only thing is everyone can talk over the others. There would need to be a way to raise your hand or some such to speak out. And at times, its a pain getting that many peoples mics and push to talks configured to work correctly and with proper volume. But it can be done. Ive offered it before when chat was down but noone took me up on it

Ive got enough rigs in my home to record it all also. just FYI for when the time comes.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Like MrWupy said, I and several others are on the road visiting family and what not over the U.S. holiday.

I like this idea ALOT so Monday when I am back in the office we'll see about getting this sorted out. ATS can afford $4.95 a month for a voice server but S.O. will need to check the software out and the company providing it. We can't risk having any "nasties" in the code.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join