It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Major Snow For the East!!!!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What do you think of the chances of a Noreaster coming up from the south will hit NYC with snow around Monday?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
Thanks all for the kind comments, makes me feel good, considering my original post was off on where the snow would hit. The models showed my scenario for most of the 10 days, but the last 3 days the modles went nuts and showed the storm east, then west, then east, and then west again. I knew we weren't gonna get snow here man, I just didn't update my map.... But Chicago didn't get the snow they thought my map was more accurate on that I think they got like 3 or 4 inches. Look for my next thread, on the next storm...

Yea the northern suburbs and to the west got up to 15 but here south of chicago we only saw 5 (it didn't even start snowing until the morning on Friday, it was all freezing rain before that and we had a couple inches of ice, whereas to the north and west it was cold enough to be all snow). At any rate you were more accurate than the local weathermen ... kudos to you.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
edit to add:

Originally posted by djohnsto77
What do you think of the chances of a Noreaster coming up from the south will hit NYC with snow around Monday?

slim and none... the odds arent good right now, but i am closely watching a system that could afffect us all in around 12-14 days will post more about it later

[edit on 12/3/2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sorry for being a little late to this thread, If anybody remembers I predicted the Blizzard of 04 which dumped feet of snow in Southern New England.

I'll be glad to join up with you l0rds0fcha0s

As for now we seem to have a Low developing off the South Carolina coast that will bring a mixed bag of snow and rain to Southern New England, with up to 4 inches at the higher elevations. Mostly an inch or 2 tops on grassy surfaces and car tops for most areas.

It's simply just to warm for the ground to even have anything accumulate substantially. There's supposed to be an Alberta Clipper dropping through Thursday with a slim chance of redeveloping once it hits the coast because it is moisture starved, but again, it's simply too warm.

It's still early december, and I think it will warm up again in the next few weeks back up into the upper 40's unfortunately.

We might get a quick hit of snow about 3 weeks from now, but that's about it. And that's still far out there. Nothing really big coming in the next couple weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join