It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92 Year Old Woman Goes Out Shooting When Cops Kick Down the Door(Update)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
obviously I have upset you. There is no need to call me an idiot. I assure you I know of what i speak. Like I said before, incompetence and grey area. And hey man, don't call me an idiot in public cause the mods will hammer you for it. if you want to call me an idiot then do it via u2u then you won't get docked points.

Lets just take a deep breath and agreee to disagree

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
look, let me see if i can put it another way:

i understand that being a cop can be a thankless job. i understand because i am an air traffic controller, which can also be a thankless job at times. the key to both is planning ahead. you have to plan ahead to stay as far ahead of the game as possible. if you dont stay ahead of the game, people get hurt, and that is what happened here.....they didnt plan far enough ahead, and people got hurt. plain and simple.

you use your superior planning and superior intellect so that you dont have to display your superior reflexes and superior skill. there was nothing superior about the planning, intellect, reflexes or skill of these guys.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It sounds absurd. At 92 she could not out run them, or beat them. I don't think they knew she was elderly. If they knew she was 92 I don't think they would have kicked the door in. Sad, sad, sad.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
ok, so i cannot call you an idiot, however it is fine for you to condescend to me, imply i am a child, and inferior, by telling me to "GO to bed".

is it that hard to fathom that i agree with 9/10ths of your posts? i do not agree with this woman getting the amount of sympathy she is getting because she POSSIBLY did not know these were police officers.

this should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED THE WAY IT DID. read that again. understand my point here? this woman should not have been given reason to fire at police, being that they KNEW what they were getting in to. this is THEIR FAULT. however being that this DID happen due to their negligence you cannot deny any fault the woman made by, what did she do again? oh yea. shot 5 cops.

EDIT; we all fail to realise that they were supposidly assuming there was a fit, young, male, 30 year old that should have been there. therefore they stormed the home AS IF there was A VIABLE ADVERSARY IN THE HOME. i cannot blame them for this IF this proves to be truth.

[edit on 11-22-2006 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Siren, it seems to me that you are able to grasp the simplicty of this situation, I applaud thee
, now if we could only get our policng systems to do the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Siren, it seems to me that you are able to grasp the simplicty of this situation, I applaud thee

whoa now, hold on just a second. as much as we seem to agree about the incident in question, it was an isolated event. let's not go blaming the whole system over one mistake made by a few hotheads. i grew up in north georgia, and spent alot of time in atlanta...helpful, friendly, and professional are the words that come to mind in my dealings with the police in that area. again, this is an isolated incident.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
no, no this is not.

this is yet another in a string of police breaking into elderly peoples homes. i have a theory as to WHY this could be occuring...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
ok, so i cannot call you an idiot, however it is fine for you to condescend to me, imply i am a child, and inferior, by telling me to "GO to bed".

is it that hard to fathom that i agree with 9/10ths of your posts? i do not agree with this woman getting the amount of sympathy she is getting because she POSSIBLY did not know these were police officers.

this should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED THE WAY IT DID. read that again. understand my point here? this woman should not have been given reason to fire at police, being that they KNEW what they were getting in to. this is THEIR FAULT. however being that this DID happen due to their negligence you cannot deny any fault the woman made by, what did she do again? oh yea. shot 5 cops.

See POSSIBLY is the word that I have a problem with, It is so obvious that she didn't know it was the police that it is smackin me in the balls!!!!!! Ok maybe you don't deal with too may old people. .WELL I DO!!! I transport old people on a daily basis(mostly in south central LA) Most of the people i have met in there 90"s are simply exsisting!!!!! that have NO CLUE!!!!!!!Not all but 95% Trust me! I deal with transporting old people on a daily basis, I was in Compton CA, YESTERDAY!!!! It is that BAD! trust me. Unless you have delt with old people in there nineties and Ghettos and bad as COMPTON then please do not argue with me!!!!!!!! YOu have no basis for comparsion, Your worst suburb would not compare. TRUST ME!!!! Unless you have been to places like COMPTON, South East D.C. East St. Louis Or THe South side of Chicago!! ALL OF WHICH I HAVE BEEN TO THEN PLEASE DO NOT ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT THE GHETTO IS LIKE!! Don't even pretend, the best I can compare it to is a 3rd world country!! Don't assume anything untill you have lived it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There's lots of flaming going on here. The mods are not very pleased with this kind activity, so I suggest you guys edit your posts and reply without name calling.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
www.theagitator.com...

www.cato.org...

these are the first two i ran across on google.

www.james-city.va.us...

is just one of the places you can make reports online about "suspected" drug trafficing.

the people of overgrow.com, a marijuana growing website, and many other drug websites advocate the flooding of these with false reports. this could easily be the cause of such problems. this does nothing to help bring about the end of the war on drugs, it only strengthens it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

See POSSIBLY is the word that I have a problem with, It is so obvious that she didn't know it was the police that it is smackin me in the balls!!!!!! Ok maybe you don't deal with too may old people. .WELL I DO!!! I transport old people on a daily basis(mostly in south central LA) Most of the people i have met in there 90"s are simply exsisting!!!!! that have NO CLUE!!!!!!!Not all but 95% Trust me! I deal with transporting old people on a daily basis, I was in Compton CA, YESTERDAY!!!! It is that BAD! trust me. Unless you have delt with old people in there nineties and Ghettos and bad as COMPTON then please do not argue with me!!!!!!!! YOu have no basis for comparsion, Your worst suburb would not compare. TRUST ME!!!! Unless you have been to places like COMPTON, South East D.C. East St. Louis Or THe South side of Chicago!! ALL OF WHICH I HAVE BEEN TO THEN PLEASE DO NOT ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT THE GHETTO IS LIKE!! Don't even pretend, the best I can compare it to is a 3rd world country!! Don't assume anything untill you have lived it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first check your u2us please.

second i had to go to the hospital a few months back after being gun-butted in the skull and waking up at a friends house covered in blood. my 1500 dollar medical bills attest to this. dont ever tell me that i havent "lived it". sorry, but you might just be the one making assumptions.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

whoa now, hold on just a second. as much as we seem to agree about the incident in question, it was an isolated event. let's not go blaming the whole system over one mistake made by a few hotheads. i grew up in north georgia, and spent alot of time in atlanta...helpful, friendly, and professional are the words that come to mind in my dealings with the police in that area. again, this is an isolated incident.

Sorry buddy, read my last post.I have live in los Angeles for 5 years Chicago for 4 and DC for 3. jsut because this is your first experience with this does not constitute in as an isolated incidnent. Just because this is the fist time something like this has happened in your state, doesn'nt make it islolated. It just mean this is your first exposure to it. Welcome to the real world.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Scenario one: uniformed officers appear at my door, presenting a search warrant. Being a largely law-abiding citizen, I cooperate.

Scenario two: three guys with guns who I don't know from Adam shout something unintelligable and break down my door. Not wanting to get killed myself by criminals, I open fire.

Which scenario is less likely to end up with dead cops and a dead innocent citizen (me)?

[edit on 11/22/06 by xmotex]

Well here is the difference:

Scenario one: uniformed cops go to a bad neighborhood in a bad section of Atlanta where there is know drug trafficking and along iwth that gang violence. You proceed to kindly knock on the door lightly to not arouse anyone and anounce you are the police

hmm i wonder what happens there 90% of teh time?? It would be suicide to parade uniformed police in a neighborhood like that and then attempt to raid a house.

Scenario two: if someone breaks down your door announces something and proceeds to sweep your house you must have time to go and get your gun unless you have it readily next to you at all tiems. Then you fire at a person who you dont know is goin to cause you harm our not.

Either way its stupid. THe police acted right followed procedure that acted most of teh time.

The point is if the lady had not of shot first she would be alive today. Also why in the heck does a 92yr. lady have a gun in the first place. I understand to protect yourself but for christ sakes we dont let older people drive, why should she have a gun.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
sorry, but i'm still not convinced with those two reports. maybe if there were more from the atlanta area where this took place, i might agree, but not on two more isolated incidents around a country as large as ours. i mean, really, how many drug raids must happen a day in this country? at least a dozen i would think.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Sorry buddy, read my last post.I have live in los Angeles for 5 years Chicago for 4 and DC for 3. jsut because this is your first experience with this does not constitute in as an isolated incidnent. Just because this is the fist time something like this has happened in your state, doesn'nt make it islolated. It just mean this is your first exposure to it. Welcome to the real world.

i'm starting to agree with forsaken on your knack for making assumptions about people. notice i said "grew up in north georgia" and that i had a carry permit "when i lived there."

funny you should mention living in DC....guess where i live now? still havent heard about this kind of incident being a recurring problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

first check your u2us please.

second i had to go to the hospital a few months back after being gun-butted in the skull and waking up at a friends house covered in blood. my 1500 dollar medical bills attest to this. dont ever tell me that i havent "lived it". sorry, but you might just be the one making assumptions.

Just because you got gun-butted means that you are an expert on life in various ghettos throughout the country, sorry buddy but just because you caught the butt of a gun doesn't mean you know what the inner city life is like, nicn try though, by the way, I got pistol whipped in a small town in kentucky, does that mean I undrestand life in gang infested compton? How about having your pinkie finger slowly sawed off with a dull machete by MS-13, not familair with MS-13 well here ya go

excuse me if I fail to sympathise!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

i'm starting to agree with forsaken on your knack for making assumptions about people. notice i said "grew up in north georgia" and that i had a carry permit "when i lived there."

funny you should mention living in DC....guess where i live now? still havent heard about this kind of incident being a recurring problem.

Really what part of DC????? and you haven't heard of MS-13?? sounds like you live in Suburb.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver

The point is if the lady had not of shot first she would be alive today. Also why in the heck does a 92yr. lady have a gun in the first place. I understand to protect yourself but for christ sakes we dont let older people drive, why should she have a gun.

umm, ok. where exactly do they not let old people drive? i only ask because just this past week there was a huge story about an old driver who should not have been driving, but had a valid license, getting probation for killing something like ten people with his car.....he supposedly mistook the gas peddle for the break.

and again, in order to hold a carry permit in georgia, you have to show proficiency with the weapon (unless you have a dd214). she may have been old, but she must have been competent enough to pass that test.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Really what part of DC????? and you haven't heard of MS-13?? sounds like you live in Suburb.

i dont know how long youve been gone, but let me tell you, ms13 is all over the area now...inside and outside the beltway. but what has that got to do with botched raids?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
just wondering where you got isolated from?? do you mean because she was old? This happens everday!! just becaseu you don't read about it on the news doesn't make it isolated! It still happens daily ... no lie!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join