It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92 Year Old Woman Goes Out Shooting When Cops Kick Down the Door(Update)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It can be the RIGHT house and the WRONG house, at the same time.

Police recruit informants by busting low level drug users.

They offer a deal, goes something like this " IF know know of anyone selling, or, if you would agree to wearing a wire, to make a buy, we'll keep you name out of the paper"

So the user takes the deal, and starts ratting out everyone he knows, especially if he's been busted more than once.

Warrants are issued based on the above information.

Later, a couple of guys are sitting there, drinking lemonade, and watching a hockey game, next thing you know BANG! their door comes flying open via a small battering ram..A bunch of guys in black masks carrying shotguns pile in, screaming "POLICE, get down, get DOWN!

The two guys are thrown to the floor, and handcuffed, shotgun held to the back of the head..The rest of the cops start searching the entire house. They are overheard saying things like: "Is this the right house?, "where do you think it is?" etc.. etc..

So, it was the right house, AND the wrong house.

Don't ask me how I know this...LOL

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
as far as everyone's question of whether or not the police announced themselves goes, maybe they did not. however, this does not mean it is necessarily illegal. the state of georgia (along with most of the other states in the us) have what you call "no knock warrants". they are more difficult to obtain than regular search warrants. the criteria for a no knock warrant is (1) according to informers the subject whose residence is to be searched had threatened to shoot the next police who entered his/her residence, and (2) the affiant felt that giving the subject notice would permit him/her to flush the evidence. if the judge actually signed one of these warrants, then im sure the cops had been watching the house for a long time and possibly setting up buys with informers. i think its wrong to assume absolute innocence of the lady, as its also wrong to assume the cops were out of line and acting in an illegal manner based on a one page abc news article.

why is it so difficult to believe a 92 year old woman may have had some involvement with dealing drugs??? its estimated that 17% of elderly in the united states abuses drugs. these drugs are not crack or meth. the drugs most commonly abused are prescription painkillers (vicodin, oxycontin, ets) and benzodiazepines (xanax, valium, klonopin, etc). i'm not labeling this woman as guilty, but i'm saying don't assume she could be incapable of having involvement with drugs based on her age. its best to just keep an open mind until more information is released.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
When serving a drug warrant, you go in with jsut as you do any other time, on guard. It is unfortunate that this woman was killed, but she did hit 3 officers. We do not have privy to the ballistics or police reports so we do not have the whole story. I cannot beleive no one has blamed Bush yet. WHere's Kanye when you need him?

I will venture to guess however

a) she has a relative dealing out of the house
b) she may not have known about it and is now dead
c) there are some guilty grandchildren somewhere

Narc busts happen with the front door kicking open most times, sometimes gas, but even if they announced themselves, she probably thought she was bieng robbed. It would not be the frist time people posed as officers in a home invasion.

I am sure all the officers did was return fire, (I would during a felony warrant), probably not knowing where the shooter was if she hit 3 of them.

This is right place, wrong time, which happens when executing a warrant. That said however....

www.allheadlinenews.com...

Describing the incident, Officer Joe Cobb, a police spokesman said a woman inside started shooting the moment they approached the house about 7 pm. The officers just returned fire.

WAGA-TV said that Sarah Dozier, a niece of the woman denied any presence of drugs at the house.

"My aunt was in good health. I'm sure she panicked when they kicked that door down," Dozier said. "There was no reason they had to go in there and shoot her down like a dog."

This article say she started shooing 'before' the officers reached the house. Sorry, but gun toting granny chose the wrong day to 'keep it real'.

and this article

www.news4jax.com...

Atlanta Police Asst. Chief Alan Dreher said at a news conference Wednesday that an undercover officer made a drug purchase at Johnston's address late Tuesday afternoon from a male suspect. Officers were able to obtain a search warrant after that.

Dreher said as the officers were executing the search warrant, the officers announced themselves and then forced open the door. Officials said the warrant was a "No Knock" warrant -- meaning that the officers did not knock before forcing open the door, but they did announce themselves

Officials said they have not made any arrests in the case and they have not located the male suspect. Dreher said suspected narcotics were recovered from the home but police are awaiting lab results to confirm that.

Dreher said a marked patrol vehicle was parked in front of the residence and the word "Police" was written across the front and back of the narcotics team's vests. He also said only a matter of minutes passed between when officers arrived at the scene and when they forced open the door.

So it seems that there was a drug buy from the residence, durgs were found in the residence, and that the officers were wearing vests with POLICE on them. AMazing how the truth can be twisted, isn't it folks.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i have respect for the police, i really do. but, i can tell you right now, my door gets busted in and the guys doing the busting are NOT in uniform...im gonna shoot. if i hear them announce they are police ill stand to until i have reason to think i need to shoot but if the door come flying open and theres no announcment, then im probably going out like granny did.

though in my own defense, i HAVE had hours and hours and hours of firearms training and target discrimination is something im good at...just ask the last guy that wandered into my house unannounced...the dog scared him off as i came out of my bedroom behind him with a gun pointed at his head. i didnt just come out shooting or he woulda been splattered. once he was OUTSIDE my house, i put the gun behind my back and yelled for him to stop and he stopped adn explained he had the wrong place. no harm no foul.

but the cops really do need to make sure taht their entry teams are CLEARLY identifiable as officers. i think the on site commander here has a LOT of explaining to do, not only to the family and community but also to his own officers that were wounded. i feel as bad for them as i do for her. the commander put them in a situation where they had to kill a woman who in all likelyhood was guilty of nothing more than defending herself from what she felt as a threat to her health and well being.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What a tragedy, a little old lady is shot down in her home like a dog. You'd think a two bit drug dealer was a worse crime than murder. What was she doing sharing her arthritis medication with a poor neighbour?

Murder is killing without a license from kangaroo court. Terry Reed of Air Force Intelligence who wrote the book "Compromise: Clinton, Bush and the CIA," gave this interview to Alex Jones on his "Police State 2, The Takeover: When fear is the reaction, tyranny is the Result" video.

"I came to the table with a background in Air Force Intelligence - 8 years during the Vietnam war. I worked with the CIA and Air America, so I know how the intelligence community functions, how it's organized. After my discharge from the air force, I worked directly with the FBI's counter-intelligence division for 3 years and then that led me into contract work with the CIA.

In an obscure place called Mena Arkansas, back when Bill Clinton was governor and George Bush [Sr] was president. I personally witnessed complicity between these two men in terms of transporting coc aine into the US for the purpose of sales to generate money to fight a war. That war at the time was the conflict in Central America involving the Sandinista's and Nicaragua. In 1970 - it's well documented that the organization that was flying classified materials for Air America was code-named scat bag, was busted. This whole fleet of airplanes and pilots was busted for hauling in heroin disguised as classified material. In an attempt to smuggle that back to Hawaii. If you can get to Hawaii, it's a free ride back to the United States, because that's part of the United States.

I met Oliver North in 1982, He was with the National Security Council. He was the man who recruited me as a civilian to get involved in the contra re-supply organization. He told me this was taking place in Mena Arkansas. That George Bush [Sr] was overseeing the entire project. In order to insulate the executive branch from the scheme, because certainly there were constitutional considerations there, I went to Mena. I met a man named Barry Seal. Who, I was told, was the CIA contractor - who had the contract to re-supply the contras. In fact, I found a large base there under construction. I was hired initially to be a flight instructor. My last tour of duty in South-East Asia was to assist the Cambodians and equip them to fight a covert war.

Here we were doing basically the same kind of training. This time we were equipping Nicaraguans to fight communism in Central America. After walking around with blinders on for 2 years, I could no longer deny what was really going on. As I document and discuss in my new book - Compromise, it's a book I wrote on the subject, "Compromise: Clinton, Bush and the CIA."

In 1987, I came face to face with a C130 full of coc aine. Just literally tons of it stored in ammunition boxes on a flight that was returning. From that point on, I couldn't deny it and I asked for a full-scale investigation and went directly to Oliver North, I might point out, to request for that to occur. And the investigation obviously didn't happen.

I was labeled a security risk and a threat to the operation, which clearly showed to me that this was being sponsered and sanctioned by the US government. I have no way of knowing [the percentage of drugs being imported by the NAS or CIA] but I use logic on these kinds of scenarios. If you are to believe the pentagon, and I do, we have a security net over this country. Downlooking satelites and radar that's designed to stop as small an incoming target as an air to ground missile launched from a Soviet MiG out of Cuba.

If that's the case, and I believe we can do that, it's been proven time and time again we can, you have to ask yourself - 'How are all these drugs getting into the country?'"

Alex Jones - "Who get's busted?"

"The independent, the entrepreneur, the little guys. The guys with a cessna who gets caught with a duffle bag full and goes to prison for life. The juxtaposition for that is a C123 with 5 tons coming in unabated."

AJ - "How do we stop this?"

"We the American people, first off, say we don't want a war on drugs. I'm for total legalization of drugs. Black market is what the problem is. The profits are there, take the profit out. Not only that, anybody else who is in the trade surfaces like a cold sore real abruptly. The banks that launder the money would surface and probably go bankrupt. It'd be an interesting experiment. I've always said, to - Let's say we're not going to do this permanently, but for 3 months. For 90 days, we're going to legalize coc aine, just to see the reaction of corporations, companies and big business that are in the drug business and the banks that launder the proceeds and watch them surface. Because they would go into withdrawl real abruptly."

AJ- "Isn't the war on drugs also creating the police state they'd like?"

"That's my greatest concern. I don't say let's legalize drugs because I want to see you use drugs, or anybody else. We have not had a war on drugs, we've had a war on our bill of rights under the guise of a war on drugs. I never thought I'd live to see the day in this country that I fought for to have roadblocks. Arbitrary roadblocks, now passengers in vehicles have no rights, as you know - that passengers have an obligation to show his or her identification.. The test case before the supreme court, as we speak, is - are passenger's belongings in a vehicle subject to involuntary search. And I believe the supreme court will go along and say the police have the right to stop and search you and anybody else in a vehicle.

The 4th amendment is worthless. It's been trampled on, it's useless. So if we want to return to a nation of greatness, we're forced to legalize drugs. Just simply to preserve our civil liberties guaranteed us under the bill of rights. To me that person [drug addict] is alot less threat than a group of SWAT team officers kicking down a door and inadvertantly shooting the wrong guy."

They're not doing it to keep you safe or address the problem of addiction. In countries where drugs have been de-criminalized and made available safely to addicts, the recovery rate is higher and the social problem far less toxic. Course this way they can make more money on the prison labour, and kill granny.

Apologies mods for the redundancy, some things are worth repeating.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Did you not read the links that were provided.

1. Drug buy at residence
2. Warrant for residence
3. Officers first fired upon 'approaching' the house. They were wearing vests that say POLICE. This is 'before' entry.
4. Shot while attempting to breach home after announcement.
5. Like I said, the person who sold the drugs from the residence is the one that should be held responsible.

How is this compared to shooting someone like a dog. If she was asleep in her bed and they found a couple of .25 rounds in her head, yeah, but she fired on officers who were serving a warrant at a home where drugs were purchased. What is wrong here?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
NWO goons creating situations whereby they can keep arguing for gun control folks. I see it all the time. If these guys were more professional and fair then half of these incidents would not happen. Besides we cannot trust the cops to indict themselves can we? Of course not. Up here we have private groups that do special investigations on questionable police operations.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In this case, it's very difficult to pin the blame because both parties seem to have done something to provoke this situation.

GOOD-First off, they DID anounce who they were before breaking down the door.
BAD-They were in street clothes! (personal commentary: I would've shot at them too)
GOOD-They waited after being fired upon, not just once, but 3 times before returning fire.

In a bizarre circumstance both parties did exactly everything reasonably expected. It's quite the quagmire.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Terrible, truly terrible. No-one should be shot down like that.

But we have to look at both sides of the fence here.

Cops are coming at a house, and get shot at, their natural reaction is to return fire. I know I would have, I would have as soon as I or someone else was hit.

I don't think people can make rational decisions at times like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Regardless if it is the right house..

If police busted down my door for no reason I wouldn't shoot them.. I would let them arrest me and then sue them for a new door and mistaken identity.

"My aunt was in good health. I'm sure she panicked when they kicked that door down," Dozier said. "There was no reason they had to go in there and shoot her down like a dog."
- from original link

Police had no reason to gun her down 'like a dog' .. wellll ok.. maybe the gun in hand being fired at a police officer was a mistake of... reality. Who knows right? Even if your innocent and you shoot at police, they will kill you.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
imagine for a moment if the person who fired on the police was in fact the relative selling themself. They hit the cops, ran out the back door, and when granny comes up they gunned her down thinking she was the perp. They the gun laying on the floor and carefully move it so that its in her hands.

Sure they were shot at, but once the mistake was made, they had to do something so they wouldn't end up screwed.

If the relative shot at the cops, dropped the gun, granny comes down stairs to see whats going on. It would make sense that they would fire first ask questions later.

For all we know granny came downstairs to call the cops about shooting going on in front of her house.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have to say that if they did announce themselves as they were busting in I think they had every right to return fire. From all the reports ive read and heard is that they did announce themselves and did knock prior to knocking the door down. It seems alil bit crazy that she couldn’t hear the door being pounded on by police but could hear the door being knocked down.

The police im sure followed protocol when they did this. They more then likely had the right house but it might have been a set up by dealers in the area. Its a shame it did have to happen but some of the reports alluding to the fact that the old lady was defenseless and the cops shot her in cold blood is exactly what is wrong with the current media. She had a gun shot a few officers and the police just returned fire.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How can anyone say the cops shot her down like a dog. The article clearly states she started firing as they were approaching the house; they announced themselves as police and did not return fire until three were shot and down. It is a tragedy but the police acted in a professional manner; I'm sorry the lady is dead but she did shot first.

I'm finding the posts interesting folks get real if you shot at cops expect to get shot that's how it works. As far as the poster who claims cops are stupid I must disagree with you. I'm quite sure that this shooting will be investigated and I'm also very sure that the officers involved are suffering far more mental anguish then most realize.

Personally I'm grateful for all the law enforcement people who put their lives on the line daily to protect us.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
How can anyone say the cops shot her down like a dog. The article clearly states she started firing as they were approaching the house

Hmmm.

The officers had a legal warrant, "knocked and announced" before they forced open the door and were justified in shooting once fired upon, he said.

...As the plainclothes Atlanta police officers approached the house about 7 p.m., a woman inside started shooting, striking each of them, said Officer Joe Cobb, a police spokesman.

One was hit in the arm, another in a thigh and the third in a shoulder. The officers were taken to a hospital for treatment, and all three were conscious and alert...

So let me get this straight:

This elderly woman shot at police while they were in her yard, hitting each one, after which they reached the door, knocked, announced their identities, and stated they had a warrant.

They all also had superhuman powers, apparently.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

This elderly woman shot at police while they were in her yard, hitting each one, after which they reached the door, knocked, announced their identities, and stated they had a warrant.
They all also had superhuman powers, apparently.

Nice catch sofi, I guess if she had survived the shooting she would have been charged under the patriot act with terrorist activities.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Uh what happened to tear gas folks? Is there not supposed to be police dogs too?

Is this the wild west now?

Cops should resort to the least violent method to do their job instead of freaking out and losing it.

Many cops are chickens and too afraid to get hurt so they freak when they think that they may come into harm in a situation. I don't like those kinds of police.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Uh what happened to tear gas folks? Is there not supposed to be police dogs too?

Cops should resort to the least violent method to do their job instead of freaking out and losing it.

Many cops are chickens and too afraid to get hurt so they freak when they think that they may come into harm in a situation. I don't like those kinds of police.

Tear gas is only for Tac teams it costs too much to give it to each officer. There are not enough K9 units to be everywhere at once.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

This was prob a routine drug bust. Send in a few agents with handguns and apprehend the criminal who is suprised and un prepared. Also you cant just send in dogs to the house. What if their were kids and other civilians who "werent shooting at police". You need them to go in like they have prob done countless times before and arrest teh felon. Simple as that.

It will be a sad day when the police are scared to use lethal force, because i guarentee you the criminals wont.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ahh, the bootlickers have arrived

People have the legitimate right to open fire when armed thugs break down their door.

Had the cops simply sent uniformed officers to investigate whatever complaint instigated this fiasco, one 92yo lady would be alive, and three cops wouldn't have bullet wounds.

Instead, they behaved like goons, and unsurprisingly it ended in pointless bloodshed.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Ahh, the bootlickers have arrived

People have the legitimate right to open fire when armed thugs break down their door.

Had the cops simply sent uniformed officers to investigate whatever complaint instigated this fiasco, one 92yo lady would be alive, and three cops wouldn't have bullet wounds.

Instead, they behaved like goons, and unsurprisingly it ended in pointless bloodshed.

So you would rather have uniformed police show up at a suspected drug dealer’s house?? What if it wasn’t a 92yr old lady and a house full of drugged up dealers and gangbangers. It would be a tragedy and people would complain why the hell did they send in uniformed cops and give em a heads up. Come on and think about it and stop trying to demonize the police.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join