It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US Troops Taunt Iraqi Children With Water

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Jrdc099 has hit it on the head in my opinion.

And to the person who posted a reply that the 132 dead in Iraq in a day from bombs in markets and this water bottle toss are both important. Well I do agree....

But.....132 dead from non-USA forces and 1 water bottle toss from US forces with NO dead. I think I could rank one as higher than the other in importance.

This is sad use of political distaste of America, and not to the killing of innocent civilians that is going on.

What the soldiers did was stupid and wrong. At least they did not put a bomb in a market with that water bottle. That is a huge difference.

If someone would like me to send a water bottle to this kid, and end this thread I will be glad. Then we wouldn't have a story to complain about imperialist American water horders.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
People need to get real. Its a bottle of water. When they have their fellow iraqis blowing each other up everyday do you really think they care about a bottle of watter. Those of you insulting and degrading the us troops over there need to grow up. You aren't perfect either and have made mistakes, much worse then taunting.

If a people a ready for jihad because of a bottle of H2o then they were already lost.

Ram

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
And to the person who posted a reply that the 132 dead in Iraq in a day from bombs in markets and this water bottle toss are both important. Well I do agree....

But.....132 dead from non-USA forces and 1 water bottle toss from US forces with NO dead. I think I could rank one as higher than the other in importance.

Ranking higher...
Well - atleast im glad that im being refered to as a "person" - outstanding tolerance.

When I was In Kindergarden, 4 - 5 years old. We had this game among us children - That reminds me of this conversation. We actually had this word game we did - and had alot of fun doing.

We where talking about the force in witch we would confront eachother... One would wear body amour - another would have a castle. And some an army of elephants.

We always ended up going completely nuts -

This conversation reminds me of NOTHING else but those days. One arguement better than the other - no agreement - Children bashing eachother with wordgames.
We still do it - we still play that old game of wich amour are the best - compared to the rest.
It's not like you make me sick or somthing - im just amazed and in a sort of deadlock.

Not my idea of being grown up perhaps.

Grow up - is just another of those words. I wear breatplates with 10 sentinel missiles at my..somthing..bleh bleh bleh.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well so far I have come to the conclusion - that it is not about what you talk about.

I keep repeating the system. Our leaders. Their leaders - those leaders - the chiefs of our...

The system, the system....

Now - I know most of you cannot have an idea about the system - just as little as I can have an Idea about being In a fire fight.

Do you know what goes on inside your leaders heads? What they feel? Who they are?

That is what i rank highest.

And It is in fact the highest rank.

Did you ever wonder what is going on above you - above us? Instead of our common nose perspective?

you know thats it. That is the conversation I am doing here.

I am not jugding you - It's your own jugdment pulling a fart on you.

Im looking at the eye - at the top - that is guiding this world - guiding your orders -killing your freinds...

Everything is important - thats what it means. That is my breast-plate. If you had a hard time In Iraq or - worry about 132 people being killed somwhere -not by your forces - make thread about it - If it is a high rank priority.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
do you want to know why so many american and allied forces are still dying in iraq? its because people like me are more worried about getting jail time than dying. when you are getting shot at you shouldnt have to worry about what the political backlash may be if you return fire. people in the united states are so wrapped up in numbers and how they look to the rest of the world. if you truly care about your troops overseas tell the media to back off of us. we have enough pressure on us as it is. its people taking a video such as this and totally blowing it out of proportion that upsets the iraqi people. and causes them to get mad and start shooting at us and then we have to kill them. and i didnt join the army because i was lost. i joined because i feel that it was my duty to. and i like it so much ive decided to make a career of it. actually as a matter of fact i think that you should tell the media to leave iraq alone as it is. because i know for a fact that alot of the media will pay iraqis for war footage. and then the iraqis that just got paid will take their friends and go video tape themselves shooting at americans or setting off ied's for us. we have arrested many iraqis for doing such things. its too bad we cant arrest the media for it. if you blame anybody for anything in iraq you should blame the media for their distorted coverage on iraq.

Ram

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
this is terrible - Thank you for telling the truth jrdc099.

I think the same thing happend in Israel by the way - With the people trowing rocks at the police over there.

They almost made soap operas out of it. and sold it to BBC - Reuters and so on.

But people didn't get killed - like in this situation.
This is terrible. Im sorry to hear that.
----------------------------------------------------------

So Media is actually the guy in the armchair.

I wanna write the F-word for that.
now I see it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
outstanding tolerance.....Can you read my mind? Then you are inferring about my tolerance. Don't. As you were wrong. But go ahead and judge.

And if you leave ATS it is your choice.

I was just saying throwing and teasing water bottle bad. Shame on troops, but no physical harm. Don't use it as an Anti-America platfrom for world geopolitical policies.

Blowing up and killing civilians super bad.....I would rank that as a higher bad. You may not. That is your choice. I do not agree, and have fun with your life.

I do not know if Plastic Water Recepticle-Gate (as I call this incident) is so much more important then people losing there lives. I guess life is less important than a plastic bottle of water.

I even hear there is a conspiracy theroy of a second imperialist water bottle taunter in the grassy knoll by the mosque.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
funny noone attacks the part of my post that asks the tough questions....its easy to reply to my ranting cuz for the most part thats what it is...thats what people tend to do...they rant.....then its what comes afterwards that is the measure of validity...so answer the tough questions...does candy bring back your dead daddy? do cellphones give u a roof over your head at night? answer is no....not now, not ever, no how. so are you saying that because the children are WILLING to accept water and food that they should forgive and forget???you cant bride people with essentials and expect thanks.....the only reason this discussion is taking place is cuz there are US Soldiers where there should not be US Soldiers

Originally posted by 10y_vet

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying
thats disgusting....but not unexpected when the majority of the US soldiers are mexican illegals with criminal records and rednecks who think "them arabs" should be grateful for having their homes bombed.......

FOR EVERYONE who tries to use the pathetic argument that they have seen vids where the troops give out candy or as i recall cell phones (oooh...) and then when leaving they are hated again as justification for this behavior...ask yourself....does candy and cellphones rebuild your home? bring back your dead relatives? feed your family?

support the troops..yes
support this war....no
support dickheads who call themselves soldiers....no

Wow...... don’t hide your true feelings, let it all out. When I get back to work on Monday Ill be sure to let everyone know that they are all Mexican illegals and rednecks.....my LT really isn’t going to know what to do with him self now.

PS......thanks for your support

Edited for spelling….add bad spellers to the list also…sorry

[edit on 23-11-2006 by 10y_vet]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
From the reactions here, I thought that they DON'T give the little bastards water at the end.

Whats the problem here? Its just too bad that one little guy who ran that whole time didn't actually get it, but some other kids that were just standing there as it passed by got it. Such is life.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
From the reactions here, I thought that they DON'T give the little bastards water at the end.

Whats the problem here?

The problem is that this obviously wasn't an act of genorosity or compassion by the troops... it was them having fun taunting children that are facing hardships that most of us can't even begin to understand.

Their attitude is unprofessional, immature, and reprehencable.

Even aside from the moral issues of grown men teasing children, the video shows troops goofing off when they should be doing their damned job, ie; watching for possible insurgent activity, IEDs, and presenting a respectable appearance to the Iraqi people on behalf of the US armed services.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Who are we to state the obviosity of a whole day's events on a few minutes events that we see on Youtube?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
The problem is that this obviously wasn't an act of genorosity or compassion by the troops... it was them having fun taunting children that are facing hardships that most of us can't even begin to understand.

They went to give them water, and that had a little laugh at how persistent the little buggers are.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join