It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US Troops Taunt Iraqi Children With Water

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
Outstanding!!! 10 More terrorists created... I really think the New World Order messed up when they removed Saddam. He was probably the best stooge they would ever have but then again,,maybe thats the whole plan. Create immense hostility against the USA so that we will eventually be destroyed and the attacks really will be coming from foreign enemies. Not false flag operations...like 911 and 7/7

Oh please the region has long been hostile towards the US. And terrorists are pumped out on an industrail scale in that region between the extremeist religious schools and the governments using misdirection on their people while they steal from them.

If a bottle of water is what sets these people off then they are lost already.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
OK, a little entertainment for the troops. What sucks is the kid didn't get his water.

Out of context this might look bad to someone, however, the kids know that most of the GI's are generous with their stuff and flock around them. We have a bunch of toys going out in good will packages because the troops requested them, so they could give them to the kids in Iraq and Afghanistan. Again, look at the larger picture.

Anyone in this forum ever play a prank? Anyone film it? OK then.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by osram

The soldiers dieing there had an alternative choice: Not to go to war.

Actually, the soldiers, most who probaly where in service before the war was declared, do not have a choice to just not go to war. they have to, it is in thier contract and what they are paid for. Granted that does not mean most of them want to go, just that they do not have the choice. i give you that some do want to go and that some do do some dumb stuff, but that is the minority of soldier and not the majority.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think it's fair to say that we cannot base our judgement on the entire military on this video alone. There will always be a group that deviates from the entire pack, and judging an entire population on that group's actions is very unfair to everyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sokar

Actually, the soldiers, most who probaly where in service before the war was declared, do not have a choice to just not go to war.

Huh they had to sign up for the army before they were placed in a situation where they didn't have a choice to go to war.... so yes it is there fault for allying them selves with the army's service.

Ram

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMicrophone
Out of context this might look bad to someone, however, the kids know that most of the GI's are generous with their stuff and flock around them. We have a bunch of toys going out in good will packages because the troops requested them, so they could give them to the kids in Iraq and Afghanistan. Again, look at the larger picture.

Well that's a start - for beginners.
As I wrote earlier today.

The army should - be good will. One thing I like about the army - Is the level of disipline. How thousand of people works for a common goal.

But the army should end up clean our enviroment - and make this planet a garden.
A place where the oceans was clean - where every city was taken care of - where every community In every country was taken care of to become self-preserving communities - that could survive by making food for themselves.

The army should use that level of Organization to build greenhouses - and water tubes - toilet facilities for our human population. And schools should teach nature - instead of all this ............Become a good working class hero crap.

Ye - I use to be a brick layer too - I have tried many things in my life. I know how to build a house - I even worked close to arcitects to build huge building complexes.

And how to acomplish peace on Earth IS not by ignoring people. In that degree of cowardism - I see no reason to believe that Earth will ever be a good place to be born, in the future.

Don't you think the disipline of the army - could be spend on saving this planet - who else should save this place?

Right now I feel like writing on the inside of a telephone box - Im writing on the glass with a colored pencil.

Man made disaster - hello....hello.....hello

[edit on 24-11-2006 by Ram]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I can't believe a kid running a few blocks for water is more important then the 132 that died in Baghdad from bombs directed at civilians recently.

I guess I have my priorities mixed up.

Ram

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
no - you do not have your priorities mixed up.

everything is important.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram

Well that's a start - for beginners.
As I wrote earlier today.

The army should - be good will. One thing I like about the army - Is the level of disipline. How thousand of people works for a common goal.

But the army should end up clean our enviroment - and make this planet a garden.
A place where the oceans was clean - where every city was taken care of - where every community In every country was taken care of to become self-preserving communities - that could survive by making food for themselves.

The army should use that level of Organization to build greenhouses - and water tubes - toilet facilities for our human population. And schools should teach nature - instead of all this ............Become a good working class hero crap.

Man made disaster - hello....hello.....hello

The Army, Air Force, Marines, etc. are NOT here for good will. Their job is to defend our country from those that would do us harm and most importantly to defend the Constitution of the United States. They are not policemen, they are soldiers. They are not Peace Corps. They are not the Church or Missionaries. They have their place and duty.

The problem is too many conflicting job descriptions. That's why Iraq is becoming another Vietnam. Let the military do it's job, politicians and corporations stay the hell out of it, and the rest of these organizations should do what they do best.

Of course it's getting harder to defend the Constitution when the President has no respect for it. Conflicting messages and mission statements need to cease.

The good will our troops show (most of them anyway) is because they were raised with a moral compass. They were raised to understand the difference between good and evil and to choose good. They need direction now, a clear mission and someone with the balls to lead them without the consideration of personal gain. They need to be allowed to do the jobs they were trained for, if we won't allow them to accomplish their mission, we shouldn't demand they do someone else's.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There's tons of this stuff on You Tube and all over the net. And if you ask me, NO military should be there except the Iraqi military (that is if they have one). Take a look and you'll see that the middle east is actually WORST since the US and British Armies have been there and more people have died since the ""War On Terror" than all of 9/11. How rude!!

How about this vid from You Tube on for size. What does THIS video make you think of the punk soldiers over there? (Mind you, the soldiers in the vid below are british soldiers)

www.youtube.com...

Then again.. maybe *THIS* is why some of them are messed up.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram

Originally posted by PBscientist
Seriously, these soldiers are dicks but I don't see a huge problem.

Most animals think with their dick's anyway.

Maybe you more right than you think. PBscientist.
And maybe that is the whole issue.

Soldiers think with their dick's.

You know the rapes and stuff... Think about it.
It really makes sense in many ways.

------------------------------------------------------
The dick academy - Join the army - enlarge your dick-brain activity..
That is what it really means. That is the truth.

It's about: Getting a kick out of it. I really think that squads are kinda enhancing the experience of being alive - cause you are suppose to kill - to be doing your job correctly.
It's really a giant boost for the male functionality - The most primitive reptile part of the brain is in active service for ones country - and it's allright to kill.

You even get paid to do it - Or rather - To go out and do it.

Makes this false idea that it's not me killin - just doin my job sir!

------------------------------------------------------
Now you see - It takes years to understand how the system is really out of date. Old primitive idea - to kill.
In medieval times we had these huge battles - I would call it festivals. Where people meet up and started killing eachother with blades of steel.

Now that was the way we did it in old time - All the soldiers of the army gathered at a place and started killing eachother.

In those days - we could beging to talk about being noble.
To be a knight was considered noble - now realize how it is today.

Same scedule (idea) - the wars has just been perfected, that people think war is kinda more peaceful. Not so many casulties. Means the (Kings) today - can actually advance futher than in old times.

Today we do not conquer - we protect.

Soldiers still needs to think with their dicks to do their jobs.

though.

Yea I just can’t count how many time my dick just got in the way when I was trying to work on that sexy black hawk engine.....maybe it was the struts that were turning me on...

Contrary to what you say we all don’t think with our dicks, true there are some exception out there. But to generalize all soldiers into one group of people who only think with their dick is just stupid. I work with a couple of female soldiers and I hope to god they are not thinking with their dicks.......that would be odd......shudder...

[edit on 24-11-2006 by 10y_vet]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You know something that a lot of idiots don't understand is that Iraq was not torn like this before the so called "peace keeping" troops went in there, no matter how cruel saddam there was not a chance that you could be snatched up on the street and tortutred and beheaded, but now all that violence is rampant and people on here keep saying they're ungrateful , well no # because you occupy their land and tell them to thank you for something they didn't ask for, there was no damn way in a saddam led iraq that 650,000 thousand iraqis would die in a single year, i dont know what the definition of peace is in a lot of heads of these posters on here but it sure isn't going in there killing people and expecting their kids to take candy from you and not be pissed that you have made them orphans

Ram

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10y_vet

Yea I just can’t count how many time my dick just got in the way when I was trying to work on that sexy black hawk engine.....maybe it was the struts that were turning me on...
[edit on 24-11-2006 by 10y_vet]

Allright: I can understand that. I always loved looking at those machines - amazing machinery.
We sure can go mad in the name of peace.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our races has always been pretty agressive - to protect our survival. I understand when we come to talk about war - we always end up getting bashed one way or the other.

because skulls and bones are being crushed.
Human creativity - has it's limitations i guess.

We have always been stuck in this situation and I think it's time for it to end - Our kindergarden should end around here. Now it's time for us as a world - to go to school and learn the truth - and let the truth be told.

Or else we will go insane, cause we remove our understanding of nature quiet a long way - away from our minds.

I Understand the facination of war - That old idea of hero's.... But it should end around here. That old idea of all mighty power and glorious battles.

Our weapons has become so powerfull - and extremely ..perfected..Though we still need the robots to take over completely - but do we really need that?

If it is so hard to make peace... Why do we live here? As a race of intelligent beings of this planet. why can't we have a leadership that makes freedom - and teaches freedom?
Why we have to be taught all about this primitive advancement of our speices.

kill kill kill...

What is wrong with us? What is our god damn mailfunction?
Why are we being lead into these god damn - Disasters. Over and over again?

For king and country?

It's Illusions - And we aught to be able to see it about now - all the crap on TV the media and all the rich men.
You know - you can't become a peaceful leader in this world without getting shot in the head by someone who want's your position.

You remember Oluf Palme - A swedish guy - Shot dead - he was a pretty good person i believe. Im not sure.
Martin Luther... JFK -

IT SUCKS!!

cu around...

[edit on 25-11-2006 by Ram]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman
Oh please the region has long been hostile towards the US. And terrorists are pumped out on an industrail scale in that region between the extremeist religious schools and the governments using misdirection on their people while they steal from them.

Actually, Iraq used to be an ally of the US.

In fact, however, the United States was not indifferent to the war, but saw a number of positive opportunities opened up by its prolongation.

The need for arms and money would make Baghdad more dependent on the conservative Gulf states and Egypt, thereby moderating Iraq's policies and helping to repair ties between Cairo and the other Arab states. The war would make Iran -- whose weapons had all been U.S.-supplied in the past -- desperate to obtain U.S. equipment and spare parts. The exigencies of war might make both nations more willing to restore their relations with Washington. Alternatively, the dislocations of war might give the U.S. greater ability to carry out covert operations in Iran or Iraq. And turmoil in the Gulf might make other states in the area more susceptible to U.S. pressure for military cooperation.

When the war first broke out, the Soviet Union turned back its arms ships en route to Iraq, and for the next year and a half, while Iraq was on the offensive, Moscow did not provide weapons to Baghdad. In March 1981, the Iraqi Communist Party, repressed by Saddam Hussein, beamed broadcasts from the Soviet Union calling for an end to the war and the withdrawal of Iraqi troops. That same month U.S. Secretary of State Alexander Haig told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that he saw the possibility of improved ties with Baghdad and approvingly noted that Iraq was concerned by "the behavior of Soviet imperialism in the Middle Eastern area." The U.S. then approved the sale to Iraq of five Boeing jetliners, and sent a deputy assistant secretary of state to Baghdad for talks. The U.S. removed Iraq from its notoriously selective list of nations supporting international terrorism (despite the fact that terrorist Abu Nidal was based in the country) and Washington extended a $400 million credit guarantee for U.S. exports to Iraq. In November 1984, the U.S. and Iraq restored diplomatic relations, which had been ruptured in 1967.

source

Before all hell broke loose when Iraq invaded Kuwait, US/Iraqi relations were actually quite good. The US was happy to have such a strong customer for their products of death and destruction.
Here's a little history (check the source link for a full timeline):

September, 1980. Iraq invades Iran. The beginning of the Iraq-Iran war. [8]

February, 1982. Despite objections from congress, President Reagan removes Iraq from its list of known terrorist countries. [1]

December, 1982. Hughes Aircraft ships 60 Defender helicopters to Iraq. [9]

1982-1988. Defense Intelligence Agency provides detailed information for Iraq on Iranian deployments, tactical planning for battles, plans for air strikes and bomb damage assessments. [4]

November, 1983. A National Security Directive states that the U.S would do "whatever was necessary and legal" to prevent Iraq from losing its war with Iran. [1] & [15]

October, 1983. The Reagan Administration begins secretly allowing Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Egypt to transfer United States weapons, including Howitzers, Huey helicopters, and bombs to Iraq. These shipments violated the Arms Export Control Act. [16]

December 20, 1983. Donald Rumsfeld , then a civilian and now Defense Secretary, meets with Saddam Hussein to assure him of US friendship and materials support. [1] & [15]

July, 1984. CIA begins giving Iraq intelligence necessary to calibrate its mustard gas attacks on Iranian troops. [19]

March, 1986. The United States with Great Britain block all Security Council resolutions condemning Iraq's use of chemical weapons, and on March 21 the US becomes the only country refusing to sign a Security Council statement condemning Iraq's use of these weapons. [10]

May, 1986. The US Department of Commerce licenses 70 biological exports to Iraq between May of 1985 and 1989, including at least 21 batches of lethal strains of anthrax. [3]

May, 1986. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of weapons grade botulin poison to Iraq. [7]

March, 1987. President Reagan bows to the findings of the Tower Commission admitting the sale of arms to Iran in exchange for hostages. Oliver North uses the profits from the sale to fund an illegal war in Nicaragua. [17]

Late 1987. The Iraqi Air Force begins using chemical agents against Kurdish resistance forces in northern Iraq. [1]

February, 1988. Saddam Hussein begins the "Anfal" campaign against the Kurds of northern Iraq. The Iraq regime used chemical weapons against the Kurds killing over 100,000 civilians and destroying over 1,200 Kurdish villages. [8]

April, 1988. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of chemicals used in manufacture of mustard gas. [7]

August, 1988. Four major battles were fought from April to August 1988, in which the Iraqis massively and effectively used chemical weapons to defeat the Iranians. Nerve gas and blister agents such as mustard gas are used. By this time the US Defense Intelligence Agency is heavily involved with Saddam Hussein in battle plan assistance, intelligence gathering and post battle debriefing. In the last major battle with of the war, 65,000 Iranians are killed, many with poison gas. Use of chemical weapons in war is in violation of the Geneva accords of 1925. [6] & [13]

August, 1988. Iraq and Iran declare a cease fire. [8]

August, 1988. Five days after the cease fire Saddam Hussein sends his planes and helicopters to northern Iraq to begin massive chemical attacks against the Kurds. [8]

September, 1988. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of weapons grade anthrax and botulinum to Iraq. [7]

Source
It was this relationship that emboldened Saddam to invade Kuwait. He believed that the US would support his claim on the land that had long been thought by Iraq to belong to them anyway. I image he was suprised and confused when the west fread out on him over it. After that, santions were applies and Iraq became a very poor place to train/equip "Terrorists".

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Actually, Iraq used to be an ally of the US.

yes , AND ???????????

political climes and alefiences change .

Germany was an ally of the USA [ one of the " 7 powers " during the boxer rebellion in China ] and despite the upsets of the 20th century , is an ally again today

Japan was an ally during WWI , and is today - after a regieme change

spain was an enemy power [ the spannish american war ] , guess what thier status is now
???

the soiviet union ??? predident Wilson sent troops to russia via vladivostok , to aid the white russians - and they did come into conflict with the communits .

but the 2 powers were allies during WWII , before the degeneration in relations of the cold war .

how should the US view all of these nations today ? given your " logic " that iraq was " once an ally " ??? well ?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
What a disgusting display.

Don't hand me any BS about how they were only trying to hand out their one and only bottle of water. Those imature jarheards were clearly having a laugh at those kids expence. This truly was an act of blatent teasing that anyone, in any situation, anywhere should be ashamed of.

This underlines the need for new forms of training if the US military is going to be used as an occupation force.

It seems that American grunts need specific training in how to act honorably.

Hey piss ant watch who you call jarhead. These weren't marines they were us soldiers (aka army). Wrong either way but watch who you insult.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Hey piss ant watch who you call jarhead. These weren't marines they were us soldiers (aka army). Wrong either way but watch who you insult.

Errm... excuse me?

Speaking of watching who you insult, I do believe that insulting/making personal attacks on fellow posters on these forums is a direct violation of the TOS and your blatent breach should result in a little spanking.

Reguardless, I was using the term "jarhead" in the more general sence. Ie, ignorant dickheads. Yes, I prolly should have used that term in the first place, just to avoid confusion.

On the topic of the movie "Jarhead", maybe you should try reading the book. In it, the author explains that the slang "Jarhead" was a two sided barb. Originally it was a referance to their haircuts which made their heads look like... well, like jars. However, the author points out repeatedly that in modern times it's also a reference to the stupidest grunts in the forces. Not stupid as in sub-standard, but stupid for signing up for the worst detail they could get.
Hey, no point in gettin mad here... you brought up "Jarhead". As I say, you really should read the book. It's very telling and not in the slightest bit flattering.

Happy reading!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ive been to iraq. i spent over a year there. and ive had things happen to me over there that nobody should ever have happen to them. none of us are perfect. ive never claimed to be and i know none of you are either. but to blame us as a whole is just plain idiotic. i take it alot of people on this site have turned their back on the u.s. soldiers, airmen, seaman, and marines. im not defending what they did in the video but combat does things to your mind. and unless youve experienced it you will never fully understand what its like to be shot at and or almost blown up by ied's. and if you have never been in the military you have no standing to criticize anybody in the military for anything that happens in war.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-- John Stewart Mill

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That video pisses me off on so many levels. Its no wonder the world seems to hate us. That kind of retarded display should never be able to happen.

Why would they do such a thing? Its not funny at all and its cruel. what the heck is wrong with them?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrdc099
none of us are perfect. ive never claimed to be and i know none of you are either. [B] but to blame us as a whole is just plain idiotic.[/B] i take it alot of people on this site have turned their back on the u.s. soldiers, airmen, seaman, and marines.

I dunno if you have noticed or not, but Billions of people are being judged by the actions of the minority. We Americans rant and rave when we see these things happening and many people take outrage when nothing is said to condemn it.
Well, should we be hypocrites and stay silent because its one of our own? It has nothing to do with turning our backs on anything. If that were the case we would be saying nothing at all and just allowing anyone to act any way they pleased in our names. Just remember the rule of being on foreign soil. We are like Ambassadors for our country and what we do or say reflects on all of us. Just because we are Americans does not give us free-handed license to do as we please even though some people may see it as being so.

Pie

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join