It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US Troops Taunt Iraqi Children With Water

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic
anyone that thinks thats funny definitely has issues.
that was a cruel and uncalled for.

i dont really see anything funny about genocide.... and thats practically whats happening to these people. and our soldiers laugh at this because they are brainwashed to believe these are evil people.

kthnx peace

Yeah I must have been performing genocide when I was taunting my little cousin yesterday, I must be evil.

If there were more bad people in america then there are in Iraq then Iraq would be the light of the world and america would be well the middle east.

You weren't there and neither was I its a matter of opinion.
You see the evil americans being bastards.
I see the Iraqi kids smiling running after the troops and trying to get something their people can't give them, and they seemed to be having fun.

Here is some common sense:
If I were a kid I would run after soldiers who if you listened to some people kill more iraqis everyday before noon then the 10 years of UN sanctions did.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

americans have long abandoned their military.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their oath of enlistment.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their core values of their respective branches.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their constitution of the united states of america.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their contracts with america.

america's military is no longer bound by
1) the constitution of the united states of america
2) their oath of enlistment which is sworn to god.
3) their "core values" which is the foundation for behavior for all in uniform.
4) their contracts that they signed with the people when they joined.

If all military members were to be honoring any and all of the above, then the military would be "protecting and defending the constitution against all enemies foriegn and domestic" against who is breaking the constitution. the government, and the people.

Why are the members of the military at this very moment in violation of their constitution, their oath, their core values, and their contracts?

the american people demanded it.

It is not we the people who have abandoned the military. It is America's leaders who only know the worship of the almighty dollar who have abandoned them. The owners of Halliburton who have made a hundred million dollars profit on the war while providing the fighting men and women with shoddy goods and services. The senators, and congressmen who pocket money to keep the war profiteering going and the president who makes sure his rich and powerful friends make a mockery of the Constitution of our great nation, while sending our sons and daughters off to die so they can amass great fortunes. Talk to the Army recruiters about contracts made and broken. We the people respect the Constitution, our men in uniform, contracts made between honorable men, and the oath of enlistment.

The teasing of Iraqi children with clean water is despicable and sadistic and speaks poorly of the American men and women in uniform and those who defend such actions. We are supposed to be better than that, but our leaders and peers have not the respect for themselves or the Iraqi people to actually treat them as we ourselves would like to be treated by them.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that anyone in their right mind would try to defend these soldiers in any way...

Well dont give them stuff because they will beat each other up over it....

Well maybe if you gave them all something, they wouldnt have to would they?

You cant give everybody something? OK so you will just throw one down and let these desperate kids fight over it...

Sick, really it is sick...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
stupid ignorent soldiers i hope they got shot. If they only understood what the children probably go through they would understand not to taunt them like this, also they were using military property (the truck) to do this therefore waisting gas on a foolish game of taunting. I hope they get seriously injured or something.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok so instead of giving what they have they shouldn't give anything.

30 kids being dehydrated is much more fair then 29 or 28 kids being dehydrated. Are you serious?

What is this middle school? "if you have gum you have to share with everyone..."

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
stupid ignorent soldiers i hope they got shot. If they only understood what the children probably go through they would understand not to taunt them like this, also they were using military property (the truck) to do this therefore waisting gas on a foolish game of taunting. I hope they get seriously injured or something.

OK maybe they were on patrol and not wasting gas.

If only Iraqi kids didn't beat the snot out of eachother for candy and water, yeah its the soldiers fault. lame

[edit on 23-11-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman

OK maybe they were on patrol and not wasting gas.

If only Iraqi kids didn't beat the snot out of eachother for candy and water, yeah its the soldiers fault. lame

I think if the soldiers would have just stopped and handed out water to the the poor underpriveliged children that there would be nothing to discuss in this thread. Some of the rhetoric in this thread reminds me of the sadistic bastards who went to Vietnam to "KILL GOOKS". You can rest assured that these people are just as sadistic and uncaring back home in America as they are overseas.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, why did this little boys run for a bottle of Water?

Children Pay Cost of Iraq's Chaos

Acute malnutrition among young children in Iraq has nearly doubled since the United States led an invasion of the country 20 months ago, according to surveys by the United Nations, aid agencies and the interim Iraqi government.

After the rate of acute malnutrition among children younger than 5 steadily declined to 4 percent two years ago, it shot up to 7.7 percent this year, according to a study conducted by Iraq's Health Ministry in cooperation with Norway's Institute for Applied International Studies and the U.N. Development Program. The new figure translates to roughly 400,000 Iraqi children suffering from "wasting," a condition characterized by chronic diarrhea and dangerous deficiencies of protein.

Children 'starving' in new Iraq

Increasing numbers of children in Iraq do not have enough food to eat and more than a quarter are chronically undernourished, a UN report says.

Malnutrition rates in children under five have almost doubled since the US-led invasion - to nearly 8% by the end of last year, it says.

When Saddam Hussein was overthrown, about 4% of Iraqi children under five were going hungry; now that figure has almost doubled to 8%, his report says.

The Children of Iraq: On the Brink of Disaster

Serious shortages of safe drinking water continue to exist in Iraq, especially outside of Baghdad and Basra despite progress in recent months to get water treatment and pumping stations back into service. In these and other cities, water pressure and chlorination levels have been inadequate for essential needs.

When allied bombing destroyed the national electrical grid in January 1991, water treatment plants ceased to function throughout most of Iraq. Iraqis in most cities turned to highly polluted rivers as the principal source of water for drinking, bathing, and for the disposal of untreated sewage. Water trucks were pressed into service in Iraq's cities during the war following the destruction of safe water supplies. Limited in number, many of these trucks were destroyed during the civil war in March and April 1991, leaving many Iraqis vulnerable to lethal waterborne diseases.

Today, less than 30% of Iraq's pre-war electrical generating capacity is available and this is not evenly distributed throughout the country. In the absence of a functioning national electrical grid, thousands of high-capacity generators are needed for the purification and pumping of water, for the disposal of sewage, and other essential services.

Food Insecurity in Iraq Persists: Children Suffer

espite the laudable efforts of the Public Distribution System (PDS) of food baskets, many of Iraq’s poorer households are still food insecure, according to a Food Security and Vulnerability Analysis launched today, based on the most recent data from 2005.

Roger Wright, UNICEF’s Special Representative for Iraq, lamented that children were confirmed as the major victims of food insecurity. “The chronic malnutrition rate of children in food insecure households was as high as 33 per cent, or one out of every three children malnourished,” he stated. Chronic malnutrition affects the youngest and most vulnerable children, aged 12 months to 23 months, most severely. “This can irreversibly hamper the young child’s optimal mental and cognitive development, not just their physical development,” he said.

Just Something LITTLE for you to check out, why these little children are running for a bottle of water for a long time.

They are hungry, they are sick, they are thirsty.

And they are also being bullied by the US Soldiers.

And as we can see, the Child malnutrition almost doubled after US invasion.

And we can also see that US intentionally Destroyed Iraq's Water Supply, which is actually also a breach of the Geneva Conventions.

Yet these Noble Soldiers make these little Children run after them for a bottle of water, which they received for free, and could just basicly give a bottle to not just one, but to EVERY Iraqi Child if they were so Noble.

But as it looks, they are NOT.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Souljah

I read the US deliberately destroyed the water artical, and your kidding me right?

It states that the US military monitored the water quality and attempts by saddam to exploit the problem to keep his people against the US.

It says the US used sanctions to harm the water but makes no disclosure of details or proof. Also UN sanction can be veto'd by others besides just the US so where is the rest of the world while the US is using sanctions to kill everone. If the US imposes sanction unilaterally there is no reason any other country has to respect them.

IN FACT: your article doesn't say anything people have known and said already. The UN not "US" the UN sanctions devestated the population. The oil for food and medicine program was a sham "thanks Saddam and KOFI" and there was selective stockpiling and distribution of food and medicine. And the article is right the Iraqi gov did have a choice to make and instead of it's people it chose itself and it's supporters "sunnis". Which is why the shiites are so pissed at the sunnis right now.

BTW maybe the soldiers only had a bottle of water left and not cases of water to hand out. Maybe they were returning to base and were giving away what they did not use.

The other people on the street didn't seem outraged the kids seemed up in spirits and not just clinging to life. Malnourished dehydrated sick kids don't typically run for a half mile for a bottle of water whether they want to or not.

I would be upset if I saw the big bad US soldiers walk on to a field push some kids around and then shoot the soccer ball and laughed as they walked away. Thats taunting with malice.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by American Madman]

[edit on 23-11-2006 by American Madman]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY

Before we start wishing harm on our soldiers, I think it best to think.

Although what they did was wrong, by no means does it merit death to them. A life for some water? "But they're children!" Yes, but it's also the children in some countries who pick up Ak-47's and shoot at our troops. Should a soldier stand there and die because it's a child?

War tests who and what a man is. The ultimate test of survival, you know a person's true colors after fighting along side them.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The topic is: US Troops Taunt Iraqi Children With Water

How did we get into the Israeli/Palistinian issue?

i apoligise i couldnt resist after AM posted a picture that had nothing to do with the topic in any sense

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Keep that mental image in mind, then ask yourself a few questions.

How does this kid feel about the American Liberators?
What's he going to say about this encounter to his friends?
After living for 10 years in an Iraq deprived of all infrastructure and filled with violance and suffering, how is this event likely to effect his future feelings towards America and Americans?

He says to himself.

"What a bunch of ballbusters. Well at least they didn't put an AK47 in my hand and a bomb on my chest and tell me to kill my fellow iraqis, like the local cleric down the street tried to. And when they came at least the country started to pull itself together. Instead of quietly rotting to nothing, except for the lucky sunni areas"

Lets ask the germans and japanese if they like their countries and it's freedoms and economic superpower status both the result of american occupation.

I imagine if you were in charge the world would be a utopia at the flip of a switch.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Actually you are just avoiding to comment the REAL topic of this thread;

So you do the next Best thing - Divert the attention.

Lol who's diverting, I am merely asking a quesiton?
Or are questions banned against those who hate the western world?

Well the Proof is for everybody to see it on Video.

And we can also explore what the British Imperial Stormtroopers are doing to children of Iraq.

Lol you mean like those "children" who started lobbing hand grenades at british troops?
Imperial storm troopers? I wish, we dont have an empire anymore unless you finally accept that the falklands, gibraltar and guam is ours?

It ain't a fancy high horse - just Reality check coming back to You, not Me.

Mabye you should double check that.

But this are just few Leaked videos - I am sure there are many more, which have not yet leaked, and I am more then sure, that there are many more situations, which have Not been taped on any video, and are far, Far more Shameful for the Coalition in Iraq.

Yes I'm sure there are, although I bet there are JUST as many if not more ones showing a completely diffrent side of the coalition in iraq and of the insurgents than the ones shown. After all the media is merely a tool for those willing to use it, and IMO the insurgents use it beautifully.
[quote[
Spreading the Wings of Democracy - the IMPERIAL way.

Now now souljah if we WANTED that land in the first place we would have done it slightly better (we've had over 200 plus years of conquering and enslaving people you think we dont know how to enslave one small country?)

I wonder what Ghandi would say right now...

Probably not a lot since he is dead, but I wonder what he would have said about people strapping explosives onto thier chests and detonating it in crowds?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The personal attacks need to stop now. If they do not, more serious actions will have to be taken in to consideration.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The personal attacks need to stop now. If they do not, more serious actions will have to be taken in to consideration.

yay! mr. wupy is back too. (like myself)

anyway. As i stated on page 3. This is absolutely irrelevant. There have been worse violations going on in irak.

And be it the soldiers or superiors. They were never punished. No consequences..

So what's the point discussing about the consequences for such a comparably minimal "violation"? It's pretty human behavior.. and it doesn't look evil on purpose. It's absolutely pointless discussing about water-bottles and candies if you could discuss about skulls, happy sadistic death-songs and shooting women, children and old people in wheelchairs.

By the way the carlyle group and the very "independent" commitee working with kuwait will now make some nice private profit off that cool irak war.

Weapons of Mass Destruction and Terrorism H00ray!

The personal attacks are already taking place against every US-citizen.. against every soldier, and families who lost someone in this pointless megalomaniac war.
It's also a personal attack on those countries and people around the globe who did not want this war.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Seriously, these soldiers are dicks but I don't see a huge problem.

1. These soldiers made no promise or anything to the kids. They were driving along and waving a bottle of water, but the only thing that made the kids expect to get it is that they have gotten things from the soldiers in the past. The shouting might have done something, but I really don't know how well the kids know english, so the only motivater would be the tone.

2. They didn't deprive the children. They were already on the street, and the run probably wasn't any worse than a few minutes of a soccer game. If these kids were dying of thirst, they wouldn't have been able to run like that.

3. The fight at the end wasn't started by the soldiers. Little kids fight, and these ones seem particularly vicious.

If the attitudes of the soldiers had been different, I don't think anyone would have thought anything was wrong with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
deleted, wrong thread

[edit on 23-11-2006 by uuhelpus]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
I can see how this happened.

Think about it, you're an American who came into Iraq with good intentions. After being a few months there, you've been shot at, killed a few people and almost been blown up by a mortar.

Are you kidding me? good intentions? maybe delusional in the minds of the people who joined the army because they played first person shooters and thought it would be cooler to do it for real... but no war in history will ever have good intentions, it's all bassed on a delusional system in the first place.

slavery of the mind.

Uh, sorry that's incorrect. I was talking about the soldiers not the war. Also if you think that's true, stop watching FPS DOUG or actually talk to the soldiers.

Let's stop a moment and think about the little production company riding shotgun in the truck.

I said they should be punished, and yeah I do think it was a stupid thing to do. I can also see how it happened.

1. These soldiers made no promise or anything to the kids. They were driving along and waving a bottle of water, but the only thing that made the kids expect to get it is that they have gotten things from the soldiers in the past. The shouting might have done something, but I really don't know how well the kids know english, so the only motivater would be the tone.

2. They didn't deprive the children. They were already on the street, and the run probably wasn't any worse than a few minutes of a soccer game. If these kids were dying of thirst, they wouldn't have been able to run like that.

3. The fight at the end wasn't started by the soldiers. Little kids fight, and these ones seem particularly vicious.

If the attitudes of the soldiers had been different, I don't think anyone would have thought anything was wrong with it.

That's how I see it too.

If you want something to fret over, check the link posted earlier in this thread about the US destroying the Iraqi water supply.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
it was disgusting they would do that to children.and they shouldn't expect to make nice to the kids either by giving out toys and candy they are an occuping force historically the native people don't have warm feelings to being occupied by forigners. if we were liberating them what are we still there for.

Ram

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think we get no further in this thread.

Our emotions are reaching the egdes - we provoking eachother.
And there is no apparent awnsers yet - cause in one way or the other we all have our opinions what seems to be important in these times.

And they don't mix very well. The opinions.

First off - We have a huge problem on this planet. It might look pretty from space - but down here it's just another day in the calendar.

Some days ago - I was only awake at night - Cause there is such peace at night.

I guess, some of us - have an idea what a planet should be like - And the weird thing is that - how on earth do we know how things and society should be like?

Some call it Utopia - A world where this (water thing) would never happend.

Most of people are inside this system - and it takes years to understand how it really works - and see the ways in wich the system operates inside your mind every day - And inside other peoples minds.
And you gotta have a very deterimed mind to figure it out. And never let go of that dream.

It takes guts to wake up to this place, and realize it - for - what it is, and not what it tells you - what it wants you to think - it is.

It's quiet hard actually, to wake up to this reality we live in - especially to be thrown outside the box and realize, this is where we belong - outside the box/system.

We follow a system - where we do not give water to people who needs it. Ergo we are infected by a system that want's to kill people.

A nobel system - maybe.

I will say - it's a very primitive - stage we are at - And so be it - I kinda accept that most people on this planet still needs time to develop their own dream. Even though our dreams first have to go through a system that kills - destroy this planet we live on apparently.

Do we really belong here on earth anymore?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join