It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US Troops Taunt Iraqi Children With Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
First they have their fun, then in the end he tosses it over the side like a piece of litter.

Right, that'll teach 'em.

Over at Smirking Chimp, one comment suggests that this may actually be a war crime:

Evidence of war crimes

My limited understanding of the Geneva convention makes me think that this video is evidence of two war crimes.

1. Representatives of the occupying power (troops or contractors) humiliated and demeaned citizens of the occupied country.

2. Photos of the demeaning treatment of these Iraqi citizens were distributed publicly.

I am pretty sure that both of these are violations.

| Nov 21 2006 - 9:16pm |

Of course since we now have the Military Commission Act (torture bill), I suppose they all think they're off the hook from any international law they think are for pussies ...and anything goes??

I wonder does anyone in that truck have children they are missing back home. And this is how they would 'toughen them up'. If this is a 'man thing', do their wives go along with such treatment?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There are definitely a few things wrong with this footage. Me, personally I am disgusted that our own troops would do something like this, taunting children.

Although this happened, our Armed Forces are hundreds of thousands strong, making sweeping generalizes about the Armed Forces for the actions of maybe 5 soldiers is also disgusting.

This however has not stopped me from wanting to proceed into the armed forces myself, in fact this reinforced my ideas, it makes me want to make a difference. Sitting here and picking at every little thing human beings do as an occupying force and then making sweeping generalizations about it is not going to make a difference. I choose to act.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
like i said in my earlier post, i know this was just a few bad apples. out of 140,000 people you are always gonna have a few bad apples. and im upset about them taunting these kids, and im not justifiying it but lets not forget these kids taunt the troops all the time. and im sure theres a few iraqi kids who have been responsible for the deaths of US troops.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So grown men sink to the level of children?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow, thats some warcrime, getting a kid to run after a water bottle, and the soldier throws the water bottle. I was expecting, you know, soldiers shooting into the kids, not a water bottle.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
So grown men sink to the level of children?

What makes these men any different than the immature men that walk our streets and with us everyday?

The military training? The training breaks you down and builds you up, doesn't make you in the beginning. It doesn't magically reprogram who you are and it certainly doesn't mean you're perfect.

There are flaws in human nature.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Im am going to set you guys straight here. Right, wrong, whatever. I am pretty sure that almost anybody can join the US army providing that they have lived in the US. So basically what you have here is just anybody going up and representing your country. Are all people who chose to join the military people you would want representing your contry? No. However, there people do go through training on how to act. Do all soldiers act like they are representing the US? I am going to have to say no. Trying to use one persons actions in the US military to paint a picture of the whole military is like me calling you evil because you live in the US. Hey, some people do it but do you want to follow that crowed?

Another thing I want to point out is that one of these soldiers have most likely gotten hit in the face by a rock some child threw. Also they have most likely been shot at and almost been blown up by a few IED's. So when you guys go over to Iraq and experince all of these wonderful events feel free to comment on the mental state of soldiers and the little events that they just might happen to them during a year away from home. Sometimes I get the feeling that a few of you are living in a perfect world where nobody has every cut you off when driving or you do that to someone else.

Good night my little angles

(im not saying that these soldiers did was good but don't even try to pass what they did on to all soldiers. Oh yeah, next time a building in the in the US get's blown up... Just bend over)

Styki

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I do not know how many damn threads I have posted this in, whether it is in regards to Afghanistan, Somalia, Lebanon, Or Iraq, but the only thing troops should be handing out freely is books books and more books. Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Language arts, teaching the English language, science, math/algebra, dictionaries. anything to educate for Christs sake. I mean so what if they edn up brunging 90% of them. those ten percent that get saved are going to make a big difference in the lives of those who actually chose to value them.

they will make the connections as they get older. the kids will unerstand that books are what they have in school, and take it that the Americans (or Israelis) are trying t teach them. If we just focus on educating, we can truly make a difference. Kids have a natural desire to learn. Thats why they are always asking questions. In that climate especialy, books will arrouse their curioustiy.

Why cant we just hand out books?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
thats disgusting....but not unexpected when the majority of the US soldiers are mexican illegals with criminal records and rednecks who think "them arabs" should be grateful for having their homes bombed.......

FOR EVERYONE who tries to use the pathetic argument that they have seen vids where the troops give out candy or as i recall cell phones (oooh...) and then when leaving they are hated again as justification for this behavior...ask yourself....does candy and cellphones rebuild your home? bring back your dead relatives? feed your family?

support the troops..yes
support this war....no
support dickheads who call themselves soldiers....no

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying
thats disgusting....but not unexpected when the majority of the US soldiers are mexican illegals with criminal records and rednecks who think "them arabs" should be grateful for having their homes bombed.......

Yep that is the type of comment I was talking about. The type of comment of someone trying to lable the "majority" of US soldiers as one thing. I can tell you that you that really you know nothing of what you are talking about. It's far from the truth and only an example of how a video of the actions of a few can make people think the "majority" of the militalry is bad.

Im sure that the water and the food the soldiers tried to give the children was in good intentions at first. But, when you get rocks thrown at you daily im sure you have a different mind set. Why don't you go out and enlist so you can understand how much of a "pathetic argument" that really is. Then we can see how you react to getting rocks thrown at you when you are trying to give out food and water.

(I don't mean to aim this towards you but I want you to place yourself in the situatoin and think about how you would react)

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Yep that is the type of comment I was talking about. The type of comment of someone trying to lable the "majority" of US soldiers as one thing. I can tell you that you that really you know nothing of what you are talking about. It's far from the truth and only an example of how a video of the actions of a few can make people think the "majority" of the militalry is bad.

Agreed. It truly amazes me the number of people on this board from allied countries (europe) who really know very little about Americans. yet they all feel a need to generalise us or attack us at every turn. It really gets frustrating to see the slander day after day after day here on ATS. I swear I think this board should have a new mission statement: dedicated to the bashing of the USA.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying

FOR EVERYONE who tries to use the pathetic argument that they have seen vids where the troops give out candy or as i recall cell phones (oooh...) and then when leaving they are hated again as justification for this behavior...ask yourself....does candy and cellphones rebuild your home? bring back your dead relatives? feed your family?

support the troops..yes
support this war....no
support dickheads who call themselves soldiers....no

Wow...... don’t hide your true feelings, let it all out. When I get back to work on Monday Ill be sure to let everyone know that they are all Mexican illegals and rednecks.....my LT really isn’t going to know what to do with him self now.

PS......thanks for your support

Edited for spelling….add bad spellers to the list also…sorry

[edit on 23-11-2006 by 10y_vet]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

So true, thousands of green card sodliers.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

So true, thousands of green card sodliers.

They are doing there part in becoming an american citizen by defending the country they want to call home. Nothing wrong with that. And they have my up most respect.

I think ppl need to remember that even though we americans seem to be perfect to you (we're always put under the microscope) We are human beings. Not Gods...

This site seems to be full of american hate. I mean why post a video like that? Theres atleast one new one everyday. They do it so certain ppl can get their daily does of "I hate America" out of the way. Its just like going to alcoholics anonymous to these ppl. You ppl just like to hear others bad mouth americans almost for emotional support. Gotta keep that american hate going strong!.. Its sick.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Every single soldier was actually brainwashed for going into this useless war in first place...

Do you actually know that in vietnam there was a big movement not wanting to go into a war at all?

Everyone who goes to war and kills people without thinking about if this is really needed has to take responsability. It doesnt make a difference if you are only 1 of 200'000 or not.

They could have done something about it: Not participating in the war.

But nowadays majority is very afraid of terrorism. Not daring to withstand the BS that is being fed to himself and his family.

Congratulations for going to war due to the most ridiculous reasoning of history.. and under the most moronic, evident leader-marionette the world has ever seen.

Thats the reason why I dont even go into military service: I dont believe in society. It's a show. A comedy. I dont believe in none of it's aspects. And that's the only way to go.

Ram

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Send in water to that land.

Oh did someone bomb the water supply Tubes?

Who did..?

-------------------------------------------------------
In wars don't count on our leaders to help our human population.
In wars - Nothing makes sense - atleast don't count on it.

This planet is rotten to it's core.
Screw it.

Noone will listen durring wars cause every time we sholud make sense of it - our feelings are different.

But obviously these children - needed water - Pure water.
Who cares?

You love Bush and the giant secret government around the globe making money - this is the result of Money transfer.

---------------------------------------
I know thurst - being thursty from my own experience - It can kill you.

BIG FAT LEADER - LITTLE SKINNY LEADER - GO TO A PLACE AND HANG YOURSELF - WE DONT NEED YOU ANYMORE

LIKE : Get of OUR planet - kinda.

cheers.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
would i have done the same thing those soldiers did? No... But then again im not the one over there risking my neck. Its easy to judge them when the bullets arnt be shot your way.

Ram

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

I swear I think this board should have a new mission statement: dedicated to the bashing of the USA.

You might be right. USA have always been about 10 years ahead of the rest of us on this planet.
But now - I don't know. The Giant ego trip nation perhaps - is the best word for it - these days.

But blame it on your media - your government - for you - the people - are humans - in a sense like the rest of the planet. And you are spreading fear onto everyone - mr.Government USA.

you have two faces - The Janus head - Where one face wont recognize the other.
All your symbols are crap. All your symbols of patrioisme - Is crap.

----------------------------------------------
From there - we goto Europe - Sleeping and not knowing what is going on in USA - Most people in Europe - has this disorted view of the global war on terror.
In Europe it's just one more release of a hollywood movie.

merry christmas - enjoy your stay.

We are here to help you fellow Americans - cause we can see what is going on in your country from outside USA.
From our perspective - There is no USA mindset, we are Europeans - And thank you for helping us durring World war 2. We are trying to help, cause you helped us durring world war 2.

Why did you buy rent and transfer the Nazi proffesors anyway? why?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
IMO what that soldier did was wrong, however lets not make matters worse by turning this into a military bash and by making dumb comment like the one below...

Every single soldier was actually brainwashed for going into this useless war in first place...

[edit on 23-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Errr. Just for your information. I dont see anything wrong with the movie posted. Maybe he shouldnt have let them run so long and the boy had bad luck etc.

But i find it worse if US-Soldiers play with skulls, and sing Songs about Killing and such crap. It also isn't very nice to shoot old people in wheelchairs etc.

As far as i know there was alot of # going on, and the responsables were not punished.

And know what? I really dont care? I know it sucks, but it's only a minimal aspect of the bigger fact that america went into a war for fake reasons, lies.. and manipulation.

Regarding the "Candy" topic: What do you expect them to do? Be happy about their savior "The US Army!"? Do you want them to be as happy as the Europeans were when the Allies came in after the fed/us had pumped 30 billion dollars into hitler's regime? Standing out as the glorious savior of our world?

They might be very influenced by Saddam or islamistic beliefs. But we are not a single bit better. We think we are not manipulated.. and we are smart. But the truth is: It's even worse around Europe/USA/UK.

Maybe i should have used manipulated instead of "brainwashed".. on the other hand it is historically looking one of the most evident, and gross cases of manipulation, lies.. abuse etc. so the term might be even acceptable in this case.

And dont misunderstand me. I perfectly understand the aspects of human behavior which also has to be taken into account when looking at such a video. Reality is not a Movie or TV. Or all of these assumptions and One-Liners of "very" Intelligent people around this board.

Specially looking at your Avatar which states that you are a proud american in such sad times. This is the Maximum of Ignorance. My "friend", we are not talking about driving cars.. or sexual intercourse, career.. education.. or family anymore.

This is about Human Rights and a world which is about to ultimately get screwed to death. Citizens are getting abused, but apparently you are one of those who doesn't find it annoying at all. Probably you even like it.

So I'd say you are the dumb one here.

And by the way? why do you think so many people hate the situation in america? do you think it's about Hollywood.. or one of your funny games? Movies? The only reason for this is because it is so extremely evident what is going on in your country.. and still the people don't do anything about it. It has got nothing to do with talking bad. It's an evidence.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by osram]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join