It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US Troops Taunt Iraqi Children With Water

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
there will always be those who will taint their countries by acting like pricks and those that will do everything in their power to keep their stabderds of their country is upheld.

people that do those to kids derserve to be shot and are asking for it.

by the way nice PR delta

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Resistance hands out Books pencils an rulers!

Not candy to rot teeth.

Actually candy is a good source of energy and is well used in the sports and children teaching area
its only bad when you cant burn it off.

Lol, isn't it funny how abcnews calls it chilling when the resistance hands out books.

Well when you have armed men in hoods arriving at a school, would you not be slightly worried?
I mean if I seen half a dozen armed US marines or iraqi "freedom fighters" turn up at my little sisters school I would freak and drag her home.

But doesn't even report this video about the american torementors?

Playing a game with kids so they can work to get the prize?
Riiightt so I cant give out any prizes to any of my canoeing team because its "tormenting" the ones who didnt win?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So this your response to the topic here?

A diversion once again.

Pot calling kettle black my dear souljah, I am merely passing comment on how we STILL do not see anything about these so called "freedom fighters".

And you do not see nothing wrong with this video?

Well apparently only few of us have the Morality to be disgusted by the Actions of these soldiers, which amuze themselves on account of others misery.

How Noble!

lol fancy getting off your high horse and stepping back down to reality land?
Is this actually them playing a game or them taunting them?
Care to show me some proof or even EXPLAIN your point?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What would have happened if they had just flung the bottle at first? The kids would have scrummed for it and beat each other up. They are kids, what do you expect?. Kids like to get things. Like the one soldier said, giving away just one thing is a no win situation. Go to a birthday party pinata grab and see what I mean.

As for those who are stating the kids have no clean clothes, food or water, what factual evidence do you have to support that? The little kid ran pretty darn good for smelly, dirty, malnourished kid didn't he? Somebody here is sounding a little sterotypical (racist) if you ask me. I mean, God forbid there are any normal average people in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Pot calling kettle black my dear souljah, I am merely passing comment on how we STILL do not see anything about these so called "freedom fighters".

Actually you are just avoiding to comment the REAL topic of this thread;

So you do the next Best thing - Divert the attention.

lol fancy getting off your high horse and stepping back down to reality land?
Is this actually them playing a game or them taunting them?
Care to show me some proof or even EXPLAIN your point?

Well the Proof is for everybody to see it on Video.

And we can also explore what the British Imperial Stormtroopers are doing to children of Iraq.

It ain't a fancy high horse - just Reality check coming back to You, not Me.

But this are just few Leaked videos - I am sure there are many more, which have not yet leaked, and I am more then sure, that there are many more situations, which have Not been taped on any video, and are far, Far more Shameful for the Coalition in Iraq.

Spreading the Wings of Democracy - the IMPERIAL way.

I wonder what Ghandi would say right now...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
saw this video the other day. Was just typical ignorant people doing typical ignorant things to make us all look stupid. Very sadistic. Those who were using the enemy as an excuse as to why this ok...we are supposed to be better then them and not the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
this is not supprising at all.

don't expect much from people who were lost enough to join the army.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
The troop only had one bottle of Water and who got it was decided by the last one to still be running! fun game !! fittest wins!! but the poor little kid who made it all the way was robbed by people who jumped out and got his prize!!

Nice try at demonizing the US forces thou.

Gee this sounds like our economic system? We are brainwashed that the strong survive and the ambitious and talented win... but not necessarily.

Insiders, corruption, hidden royalty and just plain greed and criminality decide who often makes it to the top.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by denythestatusquo]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
has it occured to anyone this kid is running 5 blocks for a bottle of WATER? you know, that substance that is essential to life? is it that bad in iraq that a kid will literaly chase after a military truck for blocks in hopes he will get a bottle of water? did you see that water on the streets? that black raw sewage water? thats probably not far off from the water they normally drink in iraq. if this kid was running for some candy then i wouldnt really be so upset about it but this is like dangling food in front of a homeless person its just cruel.

winning those hearts and minds i see

and that kids probably an insurgent in the making now

and let me just say i love our troops and the work they do, i dont support this war at all or our maniac president, i dont think these soldiers are represenitive of the military i think they are just a few bad apples

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That was hilarious. Call that one forest.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity
That was hilarious. Call that one forest.

And We Shall Call You GUMP.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
What would have happened if they had just flung the bottle at first? The kids would have scrummed for it and beat each other up. They are kids, what do you expect?. Kids like to get things. Like the one soldier said, giving away just one thing is a no win situation. Go to a birthday party pinata grab and see what I mean.

The point is that those troops should never have dangled their supplies infront of those children in the first place. It was an immature thing to do.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, these troops seem to require specific training in how to be honorable and respectful in their roll as occupying forces.

As for those who are stating the kids have no clean clothes, food or water, what factual evidence do you have to support that? The little kid ran pretty darn good for smelly, dirty, malnourished kid didn't he? Somebody here is sounding a little sterotypical (racist) if you ask me. I mean, God forbid there are any normal average people in Iraq.

Is your Google broken? Maybe you've had blinders on for the last year?

"This survey shows a rather tragic situation of the quality of life in Iraq," Barham Salih, Iraq's minister of planning, said in a statement. Household surveys were conducted last year and measured indicators ranging from health to employment, housing, status of and access to public services, education, income and war-related deaths. The report estimates the number of Iraqis who have died since the US-led invasion of 2003 somewhere between 18,000 and 29,000. Of those deaths, 12% were children under 18 years of age, meaning that between 2,100 and 3,500 children have been killed in the war thus far, according to ILCS data.

Source

Living conditions in Iraq suffered after the fall of Saddam Hussein, according to a survey conducted by the government, which highlighted problems in health, education and basic supplies.

“Illiteracy, malnutrition, unemployment, power and water are the important topics that need to be addressed urgently by the Iraqi government,” minister of Planning and Development Cooperation, Mehdy al-Hafidh, told IRIN in Baghdad on Sunday.

Source

Since the US invasion, the report notes an "alarming deterioration" in living conditions .

The innocent and vulnerable populations of Iraq are suffering the most. Malnutrition among small children is widespread. Nearly one quarter of Iraqi children suffer chronic malnutrition, and 8 percent suffer acute malnutrition.

Illness levels among Iraqi children are also high - due in part to a growing lack of safe drinking water and sanitation. Forty percent of urban households report sewage in the streets of their neighborhoods.

Infant and child mortality rates remain abnormally high in Iraq, though there is much uncertainty about the exact numbers.

The overall trend, however, is unmistakable: a rise in infant and child mortality rates over the past 15 years.

This contrasts with the global trend - reflected by Iraq's neighbors - of steadily falling infant and child mortality rates over the past few decades.

Source

Now, aside from all that, if you were some kid on the street how far would you run to chase down the hope of getting a single bottle of water if your living conditions weren't deplorable?

Take your blinders off... Iraqi people are suffering horribly and it's only gotten worse since they've been "liberated".

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
The troop only had one bottle of Water and who got it was decided by the last one to still be running! fun game !! fittest wins!! but the poor little kid who made it all the way was robbed by people who jumped out and got his prize!!

Nice try at demonizing the US forces thou.

Its funny what you see when your looking for it hey ???

This is why you cannot trust ANY news that comes from a PROPAGANDA website. They take the truth and make it appear as if it is something it is not. Of course they rely on people dumb enough to believe it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's the people who think that what the soldiers did was funny that I find subhuman, not the Iraqis.

H34T:

How would you feel if you gave a toy to a child, then as soon as you walk off they throw rocks at you?

How would you feel if your country was invaded and plunged into violent chaos, your infrastructure shredded and your air polluted with depleted uranium dust?

Some of the soldiers I've met on these boards are people I can admire. They're the ones who know that the situation there is an unjustifiable mess.

The soldiers in the video are just jerks. Representing the US. Some of you seem pretty happy about that. You might like to ask yourselves what that might say about you.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
What a disgusting display.

Don't hand me any BS about how they were only trying to hand out their one and only bottle of water. Those imature jarheards were clearly having a laugh at those kids expence. This truly was an act of blatent teasing that anyone, in any situation, anywhere should be ashamed of.

This underlines the need for new forms of training if the US military is going to be used as an occupation force.

It seems that American grunts need specific training in how to act honorably.

I think those soldiers had gotten rocks thrown at them before and that's why they taunted the kids. I think if they never had rocks thrown at them before, they wouldn't of taunted them. They did gave the kid the water and tried to make it fair by throwing it out to the "survivor." Or they could of thrown it to him on purpose because they knew those people would fight him for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think this is like the German??? troop pictures of the skull in Afganistan thread we had before.

And the same people putting down the USA in the same way.

Young soldiers in a stressful environment tend to do stupid things at times. But did not kill anyone. Say in a market with a bomb. Where known civilians will be......

Was anyone hurt with the water bottle? No. It may seem to some that the USA is the devil from this video.

I know soul-man will say we bring this up all the time...But what is worse. Someone handing out a bottle of water and getting a few stupid laughs. Or say a person going into a market and blowing 40 some on people up for laughs.

I never ever ever have seen some of these posters put down those killings period.

But will raise hell about young soliders taunting a child.

It is wrong of the soldiers period. I can admit the US being wrong at times and realize it. I can vote for candidates in elections to get rid of loser politicians.

Some others here only like to blame others for their problems. And can never see their side as anything but perfect. No one is perfect. No one died here. Keep on hating dude!

But most of us have not been in Iraq, and do not really know the stress of all soldiers, civilans, or others are really experiencing.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
You think kids have no dignity?
[edit on 22-11-2006 by Syrian Sister]

Not really...they'll run for blocks for a bottle of water. Imagine if we replaced our mexican workforce with an arab one?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i live out here in phoenix and in the summertime it is always atleast 110-120 during the day. and i work outside. and let me tell you, i still would never run 5 blocks for a bottle of water.

now i know what your all gonna say "Well you live in the US you just have to go to the store and get it"

and thats my point, i dont have to. apparently those iraqi kids do.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
HERE IS OUR IDIOTS, in uniform.

Our idiots in uniform are only as good as our idiots who do not wear uniform.

americans have long abandoned their military.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their oath of enlistment.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their core values of their respective branches.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their constitution of the united states of america.

americans have ordered their military to disobey their contracts with america.

america's military is no longer bound by
1) the constitution of the united states of america
2) their oath of enlistment which is sworn to god.
3) their "core values" which is the foundation for behavior for all in uniform.
4) their contracts that they signed with the people when they joined.

If all military members were to be honoring any and all of the above, then the military would be "protecting and defending the constitution against all enemies foriegn and domestic" against who is breaking the constitution. the government, and the people.

Why are the members of the military at this very moment in violation of their constitution, their oath, their core values, and their contracts?

the american people demanded it.

CX

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
this is not supprising at all.

don't expect much from people who were lost enough to join the army.

Whilst this is out of order in my opinion, i would just like to remind you that not all soldiers do this and maybe you should be gratefull that they were "lost enough" to join the forces and do the job they do so you have the freedom to sit there from the comfort of your armchair and post such things!

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join