It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US Troops Taunt Iraqi Children With Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It might be the fact im suffering from a no sense of humor.
But i didnt find this funny,as the soldiers did.I found it as a disgusting display of actions from our soldiers.Teasing children with water?Absured!

Link to video here

prisonplanet.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i agree, it is stupid of our soldiers to do such a thing , they should be dealt with. this is absolutely messed up, what is going thru the soldiers .s over there. they are supposed to represent america. all they represent is america the asshole. poor children, they dont know any better, all they want is the water bottle and say to the other school kids, look what i got from the american or something like that. this video gives america a bad rap. HERE IS OUR IDIOTS, in uniform.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The troop only had one bottle of Water and who got it was decided by the last one to still be running! fun game !! fittest wins!! but the poor little kid who made it all the way was robbed by people who jumped out and got his prize!!

Nice try at demonizing the US forces thou.

Its funny what you see when your looking for it hey ???

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I havent seen the video but I dont blame the US troops. Have you all seen the videos where they are giving stuff like candies to the children or something, and as soon as they drive off they same kids start throwing rocks at the soldiers? And the soldiers act like its normal?

sorry i dont have a link but ive seen it on i believe military channel not sure what show, maybe the war diaries(doubt it) or the one called gunner palace i think.

How would you feel if you gave a toy to a child, then as soon as you walk off they throw rocks at you?

You wouldnt do it again would you? What if you were forced to do it again? and again? and again? and again? and again? Because its your job.

Eventually you'd get tired of them and start hating them, of course your not going to kill them for fun, but you can taunt those little ungrateful b@stards.

Dont forget the people in the army arent just soldiers, they are our friends and family. They are average american men trying to serve a purpose.

Do you actually think they signed up to serve just so they can taunt Iraqi kids with water?

Personally, I have 1 family member which recently came back from the airforce, and was staitioned in Iraq. Hes is only person i personally know that served so when we hang out I always ask him stuff like that.

He basically told me the same thing. They went in with high hopes and good intentions, and came out "just doing their job cuz they had to" Some of the civilians (depending from where) are very ungrateful and its an unpleasant place to be. They are still brainwashed about this Saddam is god rule.

I say yes. If they were tricked into fighting a fake war, and now are risking their lives and cant return, because our government doesnt want to look bad, then its ok for them to taunt those ungrateful at least.

Trust me, if there is at least 1 Iraqi person. At least 1 Iraqi person who is truly grateful, and who truly believes in what our soldiers are doing. They are not being taunted.

Oh crap my post is too long. Well if anyone read this far. I would like to share this link, its a link for some blog from an Iraqi fellow, from there scroll down and on the right side there are blogs from other Iraqi people. I dont know any of them but its just interesting, it shows you how real Iraqis that want to modernize, learn, and prosper feel.

healingiraq.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ok I saw the video it made me LOL. The last kid with black plants ran almost all the way, and the one with a red and white jacket also did. Almost for like 5-6 blocks maybe.

About halfway thru one of the adults joins in wearing like an all black cape or something, he is left behind LOL.

And at the end they give it to the one who tried the hardest, just so the bigger kids can take it.

I think that poor kid who ran the hardest shouldve gotten the water. However, because he tried the most, and because he wanted it the most, he got screwed. Thats how Iraqis are making other Iraqis feel right now.

And thats why troops act like they do. Most civilians and kids are ungrateful, its hard to know who really is grateful and who isnt. Who really appreciates you going and risking your life for them? who really thanks you for leaving your wife, kids at home to bring peace to their lives?

The soldiers dont know, so let them see, show me, if you really want this water then show me, dont just tell me.

Im sure they didnt have enough water for all the kids anways.

And if you really think those soldiers did wrong then answer me this. How else would you recomomend distributing 1 (12oz it looked like) water of bottle amongts 30+ people? Oh oh you think they had more? So you think these soliders are getting paid to drive around 20-30+ mph in a busy neighborhood withouth fear of IEDs just too hand out water?

[edit on 11/22/2006 by H34T533K3R]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
My son recently came back from Timor, he is in the Australian Army and they were given strict instructions NOT to give the kids anything from ration packs or anywhere else. Anything that the kids got was given to the elders or other people in the villages who were spokespersons, and they then gave out sweets and stuff.

My son told me that the older kids have been known to bash the little ones up to get things.

Maybe it is not a good idea to have soldiers give things out to the children for this very reason.

Hope They All Come Home Soon

In Peace Always
resi

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
My son recently came back from Timor, he is in the Australian Army and they were given strict instructions NOT to give the kids anything from ration packs or anywhere else. Anything that the kids got was given to the elders or other people in the villages who were spokespersons, and they then gave out sweets and stuff.

My son told me that the older kids have been known to bash the little ones up to get things.

It happens here quite frequently as well. Especially if your give a girl some candy or an MRE packet, boys will gang up on her and beat the snot out of her and take it, then fight each other for it.

One time, I handed out mini Snickers bars i had bought at the PX, while our convoy was stopped. It was like sharks at a feeding frenzy, kids fighting each other over these mini candy bars. That was the last time i handed out anything, now i just wave.

Like everything else over here, it's a can't win situation.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
bg_socalif,

I hope your tour of duty is short and you return safe and well to your family soon.

May your chosen God protect you.

In Peace Always
resi

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What a disgusting display.

Don't hand me any BS about how they were only trying to hand out their one and only bottle of water. Those imature jarheards were clearly having a laugh at those kids expence. This truly was an act of blatent teasing that anyone, in any situation, anywhere should be ashamed of.

This underlines the need for new forms of training if the US military is going to be used as an occupation force.

It seems that American grunts need specific training in how to act honorably.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i just feel bad for "the little arab that could"! that kid wanted that water so bad and after running all the way and leaving everyone else i the dust(literally) the soldier drops the bottle for him and the little guy doesn't even get any. and it sucks double fold because think how thirsty he must of been after that run!!

in all seriousness, what the soldiers did there was not very kind, i feel really bad as you could see the desparation on the faces of those children...i can't even imaging how badly they desire some good drinking water.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ahhh yet again, the Imperial Stormtroopers are Winning HEARTS and MINDS!

Don't you Adore their Tactics?

I mean, taking such great Care for People of Iraq?

Taking such concern for the Fragile Children of Iraq?

Giving the poor Kids Water?

Oh, how Noble!

True Knights in Shiny Armor, protecting Peace and Democracy!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Let's flip this around a bit.

Imagine you're that kid in the black pants.
You haven't had any clean water for weeks. You have no power, not clean clothing, and most likely have not eaten well in a long time.

You see some "American Liberators" driving past waving a bottle of water around and acting like they are going to pass it (and maybe others) out. Filled with hope, you chase after the truck. The Americans continue to show off their nice clean bottled water and even make moves to pass it to you... but they don't. They just keep driving. Still... there's that bottle and there's hope so you keep running. Finally, when you can't run any further, the guy in the back carelessly dumps the bottle on the ground. Before you can even get to it (while panting and hurting from such a long run), some older kids grab it and pop you a couple for your efforts.

Keep that mental image in mind, then ask yourself a few questions.

How does this kid feel about the American Liberators?
What's he going to say about this encounter to his friends?
After living for 10 years in an Iraq deprived of all infrastructure and filled with violance and suffering, how is this event likely to effect his future feelings towards America and Americans?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

After living for 10 years in an Iraq deprived of all infrastructure and filled with violance and suffering, how is this event likely to effect his future feelings towards America and Americans?

He Grows up and tells everyone to hate everything, especially Americans and specifically White people, he aquires a backpack nuke and detonates it in down town New York, US responds by blanket nuking the entire middle East, Europe is poisoned, Billions Die.

Ive always said Water is the most valuable commodity on Earth.

The End.

Scenario 2, the Kid bashes the other kid for his bottle of Water that he won for winning the race, he thanks the American for liberating him,his family and atleast trying to help his people. He grows up thinking that America's intentions are noble and people like Bitraiser take freedom forgranted.

May Peace Be With You.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That's what happens when you tell monsters to give candy to children.

They taunt the thirsty children like they would an animal. Not even an animal.

H34T533K3R

I havent seen the video but I dont blame the US troops. Have you all seen the videos where they are giving stuff like candies to the children or something, and as soon as they drive off they same kids start throwing rocks at the soldiers? And the soldiers act like its normal?

Where can i get this video you speak off? sounds like a great watch. You think kids have no dignity? they will show the occupiers a thing or two.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Ahhh yet again, the Imperial Stormtroopers are Winning HEARTS and MINDS!

Don't you Adore their Tactics?

I mean, taking such great Care for People of Iraq?

Taking such concern for the Fragile Children of Iraq?

Giving the poor Kids Water?

Oh, how Noble!

True Knights in Shiny Armor, protecting Peace and Democracy!

Almost as good as the iraqi "freedom fighters" wouldnt you agree?
But wait...we never see reports of them doing bad in the news...I wonder why there are no reporters in their ranks?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Resistance hands out Books pencils an rulers!

Not candy to rot teeth.

abcnews.go.com...

March 20, 2006 — Chilling new footage obtained by ABC News shows hooded insurgents handing out supplies to schoolchildren as they visit a school in the town of Ramadi, located to the west of Baghdad.

Lol, isn't it funny how abcnews calls it chilling when the resistance hands out books.

But doesn't even report this video about the american torementors?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i dont know why the argument about iraqi children being somehow barbaric and ungrateful can even stand, kids here in america and the rest of the world have beaten other kids up for far less than a bottle of water. what we should look at is why U.S. soldiers would incite this. they're not stupid the soldiers knew what would happen. They are jerks nothing more and nothing less

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Almost as good as the iraqi "freedom fighters" wouldnt you agree?
But wait...we never see reports of them doing bad in the news...I wonder why there are no reporters in their ranks?

So this your response to the topic here?

A diversion once again.

And you do not see nothing wrong with this video?

Well apparently only few of us have the Morality to be disgusted by the Actions of these soldiers, which amuze themselves on account of others misery.

How Noble!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Well, from that short video clip and only that short video clip, I would say he felt that the Americans gave him the water he so justly deserved because he did the best. However his own neighborhood buddies are the ones who stole it from him.

Probably something like "why didnt you effers keep up with me, i almost had it except those effers stole it"

It depends on his personal views only. He may love us or hate us. He might even try to make a positive difference in his own country.

If you were that kid, what would you think? You tried the hardest, ran the farthest, did the best, they gave it to you. Just so your own people can steal it.

The video doesnt show what the soldiers were doing before or where were they going. Also I watched it with no audio so I couldnt say for a fact but we dont even know if they were even miltary, they could have been a private security group.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow Syrian Sister, such chilling images of the insurgents giving books and pencils. Just imitating what we do...

I didn't think the insurgents care about giving books and pencils since they are suppose to have the backing of the Iraqi people with automatic support with ease, since its Iraqi insurgency ain't it?
Guess they need to do hearts and minds as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join