It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother To Decide If You Drive

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Originally posted by Infoholic
Correction, apc... read the constitution and the amendments. The law placed to prevent minors from possessing alcohol, is in fact a state's law... not a federal law.

How is that different from what I said?

And when you renew your license, you have your vision checked.

I guess I am just more accepting that many things in this world are going to be changing. For better or worse, it is inevitable. It is quite real.

You are attempting to compare a state's own issued regulation to the government (on the federal level) being able to violate the 4th Amendment.

Now you want to compare having your 4th Amendment rights violated to getting your eyes checked? You need a reality check.

There is no comparison.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by Infoholic]

apc

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You are still making the decision that it is a violation.
Lets leave that to the courts, shall we?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
You are still making the decision that it is a violation.
Lets leave that to the courts, shall we?

It is. You are trying to say because the future holds new technology, we should allow it. How ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

And as I said, it's not a search, since there's no one doing
any searching, and the results are'nt being sent anywhere,
they are'nt even recorded in any memory banks.

In the constitution, it's not specified as a human search but a search, so a machine doing a search is violating the 4th amendment anyway. How do you know the results aren't being sent anywhere? They listen to your phone(US), track and record every car(UK, in the US soon), but you say they wouldn't keep a record of this information? They want the more information about everyone so they can see if your a terrorist... I hope you don't agree with that.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

Soon machines will not only search, but make lasting decisions about your situation and future.

machine:"oh I think extensive repairs to human so and so would not yield a return on investment. We the mighty machine decide to dust-bin human so and so"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join