It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im so sick of these right wing Christian Nuts!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Now Bill Frisk passes a bill to stop online poker.
He was trying to boost up votes for Republicans. Right wing Christians where writing and trying to ban online gambling. 15,000 got it banned. Never mind that a million play it.

This is why Christians scare me. They think they know whats best for eveyone.
Whats next????

Also they seem to want a huge goverment to step in on every state right issue. Why????

[edit on 21-11-2006 by DatDude]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Maybe they do it because they have no self-control? Obviously they have a problem. Rather then using the parental lock-out features included in all digital cable boxes they took the cable companies to court to initiate this "Ala Carte" crap where the channels could be added individually. This of course gave the cable companies an "in" to charge a little more and of course to offer a little less just so their kids won't possibly stray onto a gay channel. LOL

I love it when atheists take them to court..its just deserts
Pie

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
offer a little less just so their kids won't possibly stray onto a gay channel. LOL

There's a GAY CHANNEL! BLASHPHEMY! No wonder 9/11 happened! Somebody call Pat Robertson! Sue somebody! Burn something down!

Oops, sorry about that. I used to be a believer; it resurfaces now and then. BOTH sides need to chill the hell out and call a truce in this little culture war before we don't have any culture left.

There won't be an epidemic of sodomy just because there was sex on a pay-per-view channel- even if it wasn't the standard Christian position (man on top, woman frowning).

There won't be an inquisition just because "thou shall not kill" was on a tablet in front of the court house.

There won't be Sharia Law just because Kieth Ellison refused to blaspheme against Allah

A lot of people in America think stoneage Jewish beliefs with a Roman twist are enlightening- most of them don't actually act on it anyway. Let them have it.

A lot of people in America have other ideas. Most of them don't act on it either (well, I suppose homosexuals wouldn't call themselves that if they'd never acted on it) but even still let them have it.

The White House has probably been the scene of sodomy between President Buchanan and Vice President King, yet it continues to stand. The White House has DEFINATELY been the scene of prayer, yet that didn't stop Bill and Monica. Clearly it's not hurting. Just leave eachother alone and go do your own thing people!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm a Christian, and I'm not opposed to gambling. You would probably consider me a right-wing Christian, yet I'm entirely opposed to limiting gambling. It's an encroachment on freedoms. People deserve the right to gamble online if they want, it's not a sin. It might be a poor choice, but it is their choice to make.

Much like me buying Powerball tickets week after week.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This has more to do with the Gov't not getting their cut versus Right wing Christians.

Was America more prosperus in it's self suffucient self reliant Christian era or now in it's homosexual Godless Liberal 9 trillion dollar anti-terrorism era?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The irony I see is that most conservative Christians are Republicans.
Aren't Republicans supposed to be the Party of smaller Government?
More legislation dealing with morality, more study groups, more intrusion into
privacy, more federal enforcement of their blue laws thus more and BIGGER government to save us from ourselves.

No wonder the GoP got a "thumpin."

I'm not sayin that the Feds don't have a place; but it's not in my bedroom, playroom, or my computer.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DatDude

Now Bill Frisk passes a bill to stop online poker.
He was trying to boost up votes for Republicans. Right wing Christians where writing and trying to ban online gambling. 15,000 got it banned. Never mind that a million play it.

This is why Christians scare me. They think they know whats best for eveyone.
Whats next????

Also they seem to want a huge goverment to step in on every state right issue. Why????

Pffft! like you left wingers dont act like you know whats best for everyone either?

-gun bans

-religious bans

-JROTC bans

yeah, looks like them evil republicans want to control your life huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Was America more prosperus in it's self suffucient self reliant Christian era or now in it's homosexual Godless Liberal 9 trillion dollar anti-terrorism era?

I would like to point out that the current anti-terrorism campaigns were the result of a Republican president and a republican controlled congress. That would make it not a Liberal anything, besides a very liberal use of money.

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Pffft! like you left wingers dont act like you know whats best for everyone either?

-gun bans

-religious bans

-JROTC bans

Last time I checked guns and religion have not been banned. Guns have more security checks in place before you can buy them, which I don't see as a bad thing. And I don't see an outright ban on guns coming at all actually. If you outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns. I like to think people are smart enough to realize that.

Religion should not be part of the government. That goes for any religion, I don't care if it's Christian, Catholic, Muslim, or Pagan. It is a personal matter that has no place in the government of our country. The founding fathers came here and started a new country to get away from a monarchy that was deeply embedded with religion. Why put it back in now? So we can burn all the heretics? Or perhaps we should just hang them from the gallows, the evil, devil-worshipping witches.
Nevermind the fact that our country has done fairly well without religion being tied up in everything the government does. And nevermind the fact that evil comes in many forms, including the form of a right-wing conservative nut. Before you all get up in arms, I'm not saying all right-wing conservative's are nuts, nor am I saying they are all evil. I am saying that even someone who goes to church every Sunday and plays the part of the good Christian can be evil. I've seen it, so don't try to say it's not possible. Of course, the argument can be made that they are not truly Christian and I agree with that, but now I'm rambling and about to go off-topic so we'll save that discussion for a more appropriate thread.

As for banning the JROTC, I have not heard anything about this so I will leave it alone.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Woo Hoo, I got quoted! SWEEEEET!

The utmost form of flattery. Thankyou!

df1

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

-gun bans

-religious bans

-JROTC bans

Imho the terms liberal, conservative, democrat and republican have lost all meaning. The government will accept the support of any group willing to put more power into the hands of government. Conservative christians will support banning gambling, so the government runs with it. Liberals support gun bans, so the government will run with it. It serves the government well to splinter the american public into partisan groups.

Im sick of people that want to use government to impose their wishes on others.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Imho the terms liberal, conservative, democrat and republican have lost all meaning. The government will accept the support of any group willing to put more power into the hands of government. Conservative christians will support banning gambling, so the government runs with it. Liberals support gun bans, so the government will run with it. It serves the government well to splinter the american public into partisan groups.

Im sick of people that want to use government to impose their wishes on others.

Couldn't agree with you more. They lost their meaning a long time ago, yet the labels get slung around like they still hold some kind of power.

And Batoche, you're welcome!!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think alot of this synonism of psycho-Christains and Republicans came out of the ashes of Goldwaters run for President. He promised to return the power to the states and kill federal involvement in just about anything. Some would call him the first Libertarian Presidential candidate.

But, like people in America usually do, the prospect of liberty scared them away. They had to come up with a new strategy so they rounded up all the Christians promising that we'd all have liberty but only as the Christians defined it.

Im a Republican and always have been for the core values of no taxation, no government , no handouts, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and all of us are Americans. Maybe if Libertarians and Constitutionalists could get together under one banner theyd be a viable 3rd party but for now Id rather be called a psycho-Christian by morons than a draft-dodging commie by more morons.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

-gun bans

-religious bans

-JROTC bans

OK, I'm a left winger and a Pagan, but I don't support gun bans or JROTC bans. I'm not sure what you mean by religous bans, but if you're talking about not having religion in public schools, well that I do support. I do think though, that this PC thing is going too far when they won't allow Christmas trees at Sea-Tac airport or dept stores, etc.

The problem with the conservative/Christian right is that they don't want to even recognize my religion as a religion and insist on calling us evil. I can point you to all kinds of articles where Christians have harmed Pagans and Witches, or prevented us from having a ritual, even in someone's private back yard. But you will never see an article where Pagans/Witches harm or interfere with Christians. Why? Because it's against our religion, we believe in diversity, live and let live and we have no desire to tell anyone else how they should live, but these rightwingnut Christians love to tell everyone else how to live and they would just as soon destroy my religion.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Those right-wing nut Christians believe that you're headed for Hell and they want to save your soul. A lot of "radicals" are very dedicated, good people who only do what they feel is best, and even necessary.

However, Republicans only get votes from conservatives due to valence issues which swing elections despite inaction from politicians concerning the issues. For example, gay marriage. The very idea gets the South riled up and voting for Republicans, despite the fact that the Republicans controlled Congress and the Executive Branch and never did a thing about it.

In my opinion neither the Democrats or the Republicans are where it's at, and though I tend to support Republicans more strictly on a moral basis, the truth is that while they support certain issues they very often do little about them. I don't believe in legislating morality but I do believe that there's a definite difference between right and wrong which should be reflected in our laws.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3 I don't believe in legislating morality but I do believe that there's a definite difference between right and wrong which should be reflected in our laws.

Sir, you should be a politician!!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Those right-wing nut Christians believe that you're headed for Hell and they want to save your soul.

That is not their right however. Not even the God in which said right-wing christian nuts believe presumes to infringe on our Free Will (or, depending on your doctrine, He may not even be able, but that goes back to the whole creating a rock so big he can't move it thing).

As for the rest,

I tend to support Republicans more strictly on a moral basis

I'll let you refute this one for me:

swing elections despite inaction from politicians concerning the issues.

but I do believe that there's a definite difference between right and wrong which should be reflected in our laws.

Again:

I don't believe in legislating morality

Right and wrong is a very subjective concept and has no place in our laws. The right thing changes from place to place and time to time, sometimes suprisingly quickly. For my grandma, it's wrong to drink alcohol. For my cousin, it's wrong to refuse an invitation to go drinking if you could go.

Our laws are strictly about harm. People, who are essentially animals who often enough survive at eachother's expense like any other creatures, have essentially called a truce in this country, founded on the basic premise that we all agree to obey laws so long as those laws are compliant with a fundamental set of guidelines which orient those laws towards preventing us from harming one another (the constitution).

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Imho the terms liberal, conservative, democrat and republican have lost all meaning.

I think you are right, but I think now republican means:

This is how we've always done it, so we should keep doing it this way regardless of new scientific advances, or new understanding.... The earth is flat, dammit!!! I feel like if slavery were still legal, the republicans (right leaners) would be the ones who would not want it abolished.

It's always interesting to see right leaners chime in with their perspectives which usually amount to worn out talking points that mostly sub 70 IQer's buy into. I just laugh at them, and thank the higher power that he didn't give me some left over scraps for a brain, so I can think for myself and not buy into the fear mongering, or culture warrior garbage coming out of the mouths of these dumb sh..s.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
God doesn't infringe on Free Will, you're entirely correct. He has provided a way to Him, and everyone is free to reject it. However, a free will doesn't equal a right will.

Yes, I did say that Republicans tend to swing elections based on valence issues concerning morals, when in actuality they don't actually do anything about it. However, I have other reasons to favor Republicans slightly over Democrats, such as gun control, which I'm highly opposed to. Even so, I'm a Libertarian and I'm not satisfied with either of the two major political machines.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
God doesn't infringe on Free Will, you're entirely correct.

So why defend those who feel that it is their duty to "save us" by coercion? Forestlady raises a valid point, and the fact that these culture warriors think they're doing something good doesn't validate their means. What they're essentially doing is second-guessing their own God's plan of forgiveness by insisting that religious rules be upheld, even though the bible makes it clear that those rules are only there to make the point that you can't meet God's standard on your own. Adherence to God's rules will not save a single soul, and forcing them down the throats of people who have not come to see the point of those rules yet completely undermines the principle of salvation by grace.

Right wrong or indifferent has nothing to do with it. The bottom line is that the crusaders of whom Forestlady spoke are outside the bounds of our social contract. If you do want to insist that morality is a factor though, they're still on the wrong side of the issue because their agenda is in clear contradiction of their own religious doctrine.

The last thing this country needs is a bunch of political pharisees pissing all over both the Constitution and the New Testament, but that's exactly what the X-con (christian conservative) crusaders are doing with their moralizing legislative agenda.

I'm a Libertarian and I'm not satisfied with either of the two major political machines.

That makes a lot more sense. As for gun control, the ugly gun law was allowed to stand for 3 years of Republican administration. They waited for the sunset provision of the AWB to kick in because they aren't willing to stand and be counted on their position. I can hardly side with the Republicans on their vision of what does and does not constitute legitimate control of gun crimes when they lack the moral courage to actually draw a line and defend it.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The biggest problem when it comes to dealing with Christian extremists is that it s a home grown problem that has infested elements of the US government. The option of deporting these nut cases back to what ever hole they came from isnt available.

It dosnt matter what book they preach from extremists need to be eradicated from society.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join