It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Decides To Plagiarize Comedy Central And Call It Fresh Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.freerepublic.com...

"Fox News is always looking for new cutting-edge programming ideas," said Bill Shine, senior vp programming at Fox News. "We look forward to working with Joel Surnow on this opportunity."

And by "new" they mean stealing the premise of a 10 year old show and conforming it to they're own political ideology so that it neither is funny nor attractive young viewers.

Also, this will flop, flop more then Michel Moore's fat rolls.

I count a few nails in its coffin already. They sound so concerned with the "right-leaning comedy is serious business" message right off the bat that I think this will end up preachier than South Park and more long-winded than Dennis Miller at his finest.

There was a sarcastic comic strip about right wing humor. It was two people: a lady and a guy. The guy is like "man those hippies!" and the girl coanchor was like "yea! hairy legs!"

I think this show will be like that. "look at those cut and runner suckers opposing the war! what losers!" "those left wing hippies should get a hair cut!"

TDS/TCR are funny because they make fun of politicians. Colbert is funny because he watches Fox News then spews what Bill or Hannity say but doesn't act like he is serious. It is sad, he has multiple times just taken the exact same thing Bill or Hannity says but he smiles and tries not to laugh. That's all he has to do to make fun of right wingers, is say what they say but not believe it.

ALso, what are they going to make fun of? What will they do 4-5 nights a week for 20 minutes a night?

"Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore the raping of children by republicans, Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore the genocide in Darfur, Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore the hell hole Vietnam Jr., I mean Gulf Storm II, Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore all of our racist and sexist remarks and actions, Clinton cheated on his wife! WORSHIP BUSH!!!!!!!!" Then have a seizure and foam at the mouth as their eyes roll into the back of their heads as they keep screaming about Bush being a God and liberals not supporting raping children or torture.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What's the big deal here?

Virtually all networks copy other network programing it is done all the time and contrary to what you label it, it is not plagiarism.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
"Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore the raping of children by republicans, Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore the genocide in Darfur, Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore the hell hole Vietnam Jr., I mean Gulf Storm II, Clinton cheated on his wife! Ignore all of our racist and sexist remarks and actions, Clinton cheated on his wife! WORSHIP BUSH!!!!!!!!" Then have a seizure and foam at the mouth as their eyes roll into the back of their heads as they keep screaming about Bush being a God and liberals not supporting raping children or torture.

Love it. Particularly the bit about frothing at the mouth. AceHole O'Reilly does that already and it's pretty funny, particularly when he gets skewered by reality with its well-known liberal bias.

But satire? Anything these people do to deliberately try and get a laugh will fail as miserably as George Bush...

If you do a Google search on the word [failure] or the phrase [miserable failure], the top result is currently the White House’s official biographical page for President Bush. We've received some complaints recently from users who assume that this reflects a political bias on our part. I'd like to explain how these results come up in order to allay these concerns.

As Homer Simpson would say, "it's funny 'cause it's true!"

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
What's the big deal here?

Virtually all networks copy other network programing it is done all the time and contrary to what you label it, it is not plagiarism.

And who did Daily Show Copy? And true, The Colbert Report is plagiarising Fox News since most of the material is just SC saying what Billo says but then smiles and has to fight not to laugh.

Also, again, it is going to flop! Oh, and to rich23, with Billo, he is the best! I mean, half of the COuntdown with Olberman is Olberman going "Billo said X, when in fact the truth is Y. Then he said W, when in fact 3 is correct. That evil liberal bias called reality bites him again."

Anyways, isn't Fox News already a comedy channel to people who don't watch it for news? I mean, I love to watch it to ehar about how Foley isn't a child rapist because while the age of consent in Florida is 17 in D.C. its 16 so it's perfectly ok for him to rape little boys. That's like saying what Gary Glitter did wasn't a crime because the Age of Consent in Vietnam is so much lower, if it even exists, then it is in the states. Fox News said that if he had raped 14 year old boys in Iowa it would have been ok because that is the AOC in Iowa.

I wonder what time slot they will eventually choose for this. If they choose the 11 o'clock time slot it flops, if they choose later none of their AARP Memeber Viewers will be up that late, and if they choose earlier they have to deal with Scarborough Country, Countdown, reruns of the Daily Show and TCR, regular local news, repeats of SImpsons, and basically shows people would rather watch then a guy screaming about Clinton cheating on his wife.

Although, they could have a segment. "Flaming Democrats!" ANd list all the gay democrats. Although democrats don't go on TV calling for the round up and execution of gays like republicans do so really a gay democrat is like a black democrat, no big deal. Maybe they could have a "How Many Kids Did We Rape Today." segment. Or a "How Many Blacks Did We Lynch Tis Week." On the alst episode of the week. Republicans would love that show then.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
The Colbert Report is plagiarising Fox News since most of the material is just SC saying what Billo says but then smiles and has to fight not to laugh.

No they are not. You might want to look up the meaning of the word first. What they are doing is not plagiarism.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I don't know what the problem is here, it is cutting-edge since all these satire/parody shows have always had a distict liberal bias before.

I hope that it does work, Mancow's pilot episode on FOX News was a total flop IMO. Let's wait and see...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Cutting Edge? So if I take say, Price Is Right and add a female host am I being cutting edge? Or am I just taking something that is successful and trying to copy it?

Nothing cutting edge of taking a 10 year old idea and making it unfunny to anyone who doesn't watch Fox News for News.

top topics

join