It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a real ATS News Paper?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Having watched this thread, since it's inception, I feel I can safely say no printed newspaper will be forthcoming.

Not so fast.

As we look forward and envision what may happen as ATS continues to grow and evolve, offline printed delivery methods such as periodical publications may indeed be something we examine.

However, it wouldn't be rehashes or summaries of the board, but expert articles based on or inspired by your discussions here in the forums.

We have no time table as yet, but it certainly may happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I hope that a newspaper or magazine will be released some time in the future, but it depends how good it will be if I will buy a subscription or not.

[edit on 24/11/06 by Hazard]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A physical "newspaper" that periodically 'refreshes' itself electronically with new content, and that can even be folded, was under development by MIT for the past 5 years. Now a European newspaper is about to be published in that selfsame format. (I'm not sure if the periodic updates are wireless or wired.) Here's that link:

adverlab.blogspot.com...

Such a hybrid method of publishing might appeal to a segment of the ATS community. If it were affordable right away, the easiest implementation might be for ATS members to request their news format preference.

All of us have offline moments in our lives when it might be quite handy to carry along that ATS update for perusal. Most of us also have friends and relatives who are resolutely offline all the time, yet some of those folk (think new ATS readers) would love to read an offline ATS news summary.

So emerging technology is giving us more options. My greater concern with an ATS news summary would be the increased time and effort then expected from the ATS news production folks who already have more than enough to do.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In order for this to become reality, we would need real journalists, or students who are seeking to become journalsits. I do not know of any of those on here, neither am I one. However, it may very well be possible for members donating a small sum that can add up to enough for an individual(s) to go on freelance status, maybe even gathering stories from around the world with live interviews and footage? That may even spur the interest of investors (from here or abroad)seeking to expand this into an international enterprise?

Well of course, only if the owner chooses to follow that route.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My personal "druthers" on the control of ATS itself would be some type of nonprofit organization format. The incentives of the for-profit environment are short-term, and are aimed at amassing maximum capital at the expense of, well, everything else.

In the non-profit management environment, the development of a more fully realized ATS news operation, or other growth opportunities, could grow in a more thoughtful and productive way, if people and other resources exist to take on those considerable workloads.

On the other hand, just because you can imagine different kinds of growth opportunities, that doesn't mean that ATS should therefore take that leap. There is a lot to be said for doing a finite number of things, in order that those things continue to be done well.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I agree. I think that having an ATS newspaper would be a smashing idea. But I would rather it be on paper and then if it were to be on paper I would be able to get all of my news from one source because I go on ATS for my political news and then I go read a newspaper occassionally but if it were to go fundementally all on a newspaper I think that would make ATS more mainstream.

I rarely read the newsletters because they come so rarely but I would love to have a newspaper that I could read and take with me anywhere at anytime. A portable ATS would make wondrous possibilities for me. I could read it in the car, at home, on my bed.

We'd need some scholars who want to be writers though and they need to be able to write real columns.

I think it's a good idea, but how do you think it will do in the stretch?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Don't worry about the stretch. We do not have alot of time..

I sure hope there really is something done to start the test-phases for a newspaper.

In general this thing could be implemented with the redesign, or added as a module?
It sure is important to use the potential of ATS to a further extent. I have no doubt that people would pay for independent media. Not everyone is completely blinded. Specially the Lower-class... they can easily be waked up. But many are struggling on some unclear path.

There has to be a bigger conscience towards analyzing the problems based on factual information. And also creating threads which are being built up.. and contributed by everyone to update a larger, sticked and true, factual content.

These processes could then be implemented through the means of skilled writers to create the content of the Newspaper on a monthly basis, for instance.

We have to do something. A product. Starting with Newspapers, and followed by independent radio-broadcasts. If we continue to chaotically discuss topics without results.. we will be very sorry as soon as it is too late.

WE have to DO something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join