It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a real ATS News Paper?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
hey I was just wondering if there has ever been talk about an ATS "real paper" news paper about the things that have happened over a month or two month period.

I mean I am sure there has had to be some type of talk about it.

But anyways just saying for everyone there, would you all be interested in actually paying for one?

I would, like 20$ a year or whatever even more

but hey just say it...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Count me in - even though the cost of postage to the UK might push the price up a bit.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That is a great idea!Count me in on a subscription.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This would be a neat idea. I would pay even a premium price for a subscription to
such a paper. You've got my vote, if theres ever a vote for this that is. Although,
a magazine might be of more success for a site of this magnitude.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You mean like a physical paper one?

That would cost a lot of money to produce, and really
would be a waste of resources.

A newspaper is simply a media device to convey current
events.

That's what ATSNN is for specifically, and what ATS does
half the time.

[edit on 11/21/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Or a magazine, so we can read ATS while on the crapper.
A monthly periodical would be pretty sweet though,,,

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Why move backward in terms of technology when we can utilise a far cheaper (and more efficient) method of distributing a newsletter? aka Email

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Why move backward in terms of technology when we can utilise a far cheaper (and more efficient) method of distributing a newsletter? aka Email

ATS used to have an e-mail news letter called the 'ATS Weekly'. I think I still have one or two saved. It covered several topics, such as News of the Weird, Top 25 Threads, a few articles and so on. I thought it was rather nice. I would imagine that the board owners/administrators would probably bring this back before launching an actual news paper.

EDIT to ADD:
Yep, still have a couple -

[edit on 11/22/2006 by DCFusion]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I believe William One Sac was in charge of the ATS Newsletter that was up and running for quite a while.

You can find some information on it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Strangely enough, I still get one of those email newsletters every other month or so. Is that like a fluke or something? they just come randomly sometimes.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I believe William One Sac was in charge of the ATS Newsletter that was up and running for quite a while.

We are awaiting our next technology upgrade to start the newsletter again. I believe the number of emails being sent is too much of a strain on our resources at this time.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The problem is:

- An E-Mail is digital.
- Paper is real.

I find it a very interesting idea, specially to prevent only mainstream-media distributing information to the public.

And it's good because something can be done in reality. You can actually change something. I know the .Net is a good start, and we have many members.

But the next step would actually be something physical Indeed.

Transform an Idea into Physical reality is always very nice. Specially if it is a good one. ;]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

Originally posted by chissler

We are awaiting our next technology upgrade to start the newsletter again. I believe the number of emails being sent is too much of a strain on our resources at this time.
Awesome,I would definitely be into a newsletter.The cool thing about it is you have the option of printing it if you want a copy to read elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow awesome you can print it out and read it elsewhere! ;p

What an incredible advantage... but the topic-starter is actually talking about a physical newspaper.. and not some newsletter.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
No, no no, now you want an ATS newspaper? Yes, let's raise the bar a little that recycling isn't all too affective and saw down more trees. Wait, it's too much of an act to breach, so let's go about our days handing out what could be false information from speculation and second-hand news articles.

I mean come on people!!! This site has Gegabytes of information that can be exploited all across the globe from the fingertips and now you want a more sinister way of expressing it? That's unnessesary!

7A

[edit on 23-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A more sinister way of expressing it? Man what are you talking about??

Wasting more trees? It's the USA who forced south america to guarantee their natural ressources to the USA, and in change they were freed from their fictional happy comedy "dollar-debts" to the US, which in turn is the most indebted country.. because if you did not notice some very sinister and evil people are stealing from this planet and all of it's inhabitants.

So you want to talk about greenpeace now? Is that your argumentation?

Sorry but even if paper is made of trees.. look at all those pointless high-gloss trend magazines and fascist propaganda papers.

Making an independent Newspaper would be a wonderful idea. You can't call everything second-hand Newspaper whatever.. there would be dedicated people, and there would be some kind of Pilot-Project with an ATS-Newspaper in some suited Region to verify if it can actually work.

It's an awesome idea which will have an awesome effect in the real world.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is to discuss a possible AboveTopSecret newspaper.

Let's leave the semantics alone for now. Trolling & bickering does nothing to further the discussion. If you wish to discuss trees and green peace, create a thread for it.

This is for the newspaper itself.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok is it safe to open a thread: Greenpeace: Protest Against ATS Newpaper

7A

[edit on 23-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Would I support it, No.

Ask the Staff, they can provide an answer. I know sometimes its best to create a new thread rather than troll an existing one, but in this case, I'll refrain from answering and direct you to the link to ask a staff member.

I consider it inappropriate. You've made it clear you disagree with this proposal, lets leave it at that.

Back on topic, ATS Newspaper!

[edit on 23-11-2006 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Having watched this thread, since it's inception, I feel I can safely say no printed newspaper will be forthcoming.

The E-mail Newsletter, while on temporary hiatus, more than serves the need to inform of current or coming events. Hopefully, with the upcoming server upgrades, it will return to a more consistent platform by which to convey "What's New", "What's Happening", and "What's Coming" on ATS.

For now, it would seem, the best approach would be for concerned members to submit that which they feel is worthy of mention. ATS is a member driven site, afterall.

I don't have the direct link handy right now, but I'm sure if you forward your contribution(s) to William One Sac, he'd be happy to consider them for inclusion.

This is only my opinion, and Not written in stone, but I highly doubt any serious contributions would go unconsidered/unmentioned.

$.02

top topics

<<   2 >>

join