It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do We Change?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A lot of people are becoming increasingly aware of what LOVE really is.. But they don't know how to make the switch from Hating to Loving. Some may not admit the obvious difficulties with making this switch, others will admit it. I suppose this thread is more for those who admit the difficulty.

Its a hard road, it is the difficult road, I won't lie this is even hard for me to do.

So where to even start? thats a very difficult thing to even ponder about.
Well lets tackle the truth here for a moment.
The truth is, everything around us is a thought, or else we wouldn't be aware of it.
So it seems the root is THOUGHT... Some would plant the root outside of us and blame the source of our THOUGHTs which is really just everyone elses thoughts, so in a round-about way.. we are Joining the negative thinkers because we don't have a means of beating them (if you can't beat em, join em)..
So the first step would be MOVING the ROOT... from outside of us, to inside of us.
Alright we've done that now.. We realize that our perception (our thought of the outside world shapes our actions/words)
So the first step consisted of moving the problem from outside to inside.
Okay great, we STILL have a problem.. now its even worse! I'm to blame now! great!
Most people turn to Self-loathing and self-hate.. and attempt to destroy themselves with substance abuse, or poor actions caused by poor thoughts and eventually succeed by replacing all the docking sites on their cells with foreign peptide docking sites which we call aging.. our cells no longer have docking sites for elastine for youthful skin or other peptides necessary for nutrition and cellular waste management.
Okay so we came to our next problem.. Aging / Self-Hate / Self-Loathing...
Now our problem is SELF.
Most people DO NOT have the tools to fix the self, because they are not introduced to themselves properly... They have been introduced to another persons version of self... (Your birth-name) and they associate who they are with everything they've done and learned.
Instead of being introduced properly.
You are "THE THOUGHT MAKER REALER" lol ..
or rather.. Your body is the tool to make THOUGHT a tangible 'thing'
Okay, so than our problem is still Self.. but it no longer becomes the problem of the BODY .. or the FLESH,... once again we MOVE the problem from ourselves.. to OUR THOUGHTS....
Okay so now our problem is our thoughts now..
well Our thoughts are a master-piece of our past...
Our Thoughts are the Perceptions of other Thoughts. (Dead Thoughts)....
So our problem moves again, .. into a place we are totally unfamiliar with..
Our past... we really can't say 'exactly' what happened in our past, except for our perceptions of it... so we have to than observe our perceptions of the past and get creative and imaginative and start some educated guessing ... Making positive tangible explanations for our past events, with the intent of accepting and understanding every past action, equalizing ALL experience and putting it at an equal vibration.. all vibrating at LOVE (the highest vibration/force/energy known so far)
When we heal the root of the 'tree' the branches heal.. the thought will heal, when you heal the root of thought which is the past.

I'll leave it at that for now... I welcome comments and questions of course, but please don't be a negative nancy.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
So where to even start?

The first step is realizing that you are in need of a savior and receiving Christ as Savior. This brings salvation and the Holy Spirit to indwell and live in and with you, and then the change can begin.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Forgiveness. First of self - let go of regrets, guilts, and all those 'if onlys' and 'what ifs'....

And if a person believes in Deity, no matter on what level or in what language, one way to get rid of fears and of guilt is to realize that GOD is with YOU in everything you do - every minute of every hour in every single day you walk the earth.

Whether you are thinking thoughts you shouldn't be - or acting upon them...He loves you just the same as if your weren't!!!

He knows what you will do - you cannot help it - none of us can - until we realize - and then it doesn't matter!

If you steal something, or if you flip off another driver in a spurt of road rage (or yell expletives, even)....if you are imbibing in illegal chemicals....having sex with someone you shouldn't be....having sex with yourself....

HE IS THERE!

AND HE does NOT care! HE only cares about you!

So follow His lead and love yourself enough to let it go...

You may think I'm kidding...but I ain't kiddin!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
The first step is realizing that you are in need of a savior and receiving Christ as Savior. This brings salvation and the Holy Spirit to indwell and live in and with you, and then the change can begin.

dbrandt, with all due respect, and truly, sincere brotherly love (from me to U)...

that is a LOAD of CAMEL CRAP.

It WAS when they first starting spreading it around like mono and it still IS today...

Saviour of the world...what does that imply? Saving a global entity - not a select group of elitist people who agree to meet 'same time, same place' every week!! Saving the soul's hope and the place they live so that the world will live on and so will we. He came to teach you something.....not go through a grisly execution just so you could sit pretty and wait for Blondie to sing your favorite song!!

IN FACT, that whole idea is probably one of the most dangerous ones mankind buys into....you go to church and say 'I'm saved' and 'grace' saved me because I believe Christ died (guess what? I believe EVERYONE died! there is no miracle in that)...

and so you look at others who are not in your same boat - and I know you do - you guys judge others because they are going through their problems instead of trying to convince themselves they don't have any since they are 'christians.'

Guess what - everyone has a monkey on their back. EVERYONE. Until you make friends with that monkey (after which that monkey will do your dirty work and also he will watch your back!
) you are just a monkey see monkey do - except you don't have any idea of what that monkey is doing behind your back....as long as you pretend he isn't there!

It is self-deception and it is a very unwieldy obstacle.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I must clarify.....the LOAD isn't about the Holy Spirit creating change through men....it is about the idea of being able to just make a decision one weekend and be in the clear.....

and it is SO dangerous because there are countless people out there thinking they are all pumped up with the holy spirit - except their heart is cold like a stone.....

God is fire and so is the Holy Spirit. Fire is life. Coldness is mortuary preservation.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So where to even start?

I'm actually quite disappointed you didn't read anything I wrote.. sorry..
I know its hard to let go of the idea your safe because someones gonna hold you in their arms ... but no tangible fleshy person is going to do the job you need to do yourself.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I must clarify.....the LOAD isn't about the Holy Spirit creating change through men....it is about the idea of being able to just make a decision one weekend and be in the clear.....

and it is SO dangerous because there are countless people out there thinking they are all pumped up with the holy spirit - except their heart is cold like a stone.....

God is fire and so is the Holy Spirit. Fire is life. Coldness is mortuary preservation.

The fire OF life though... not man-made fire.. not electric heat... not gaseous flame, but thee eternal flame... LOVE.
the universe seems to understand and accept all things or else it would have sent a star hurtling into the unaccepted parts.. (one would think) .. or would the super-being Christ just snap his fingers and the 'bad' drop dead? .. gimmie a break.. the world is the example of the acceptance and understanding of all things.. it plays no favorites.. it allows everyone IN it.. to exist equally ...

to exist equally as experiencers... not to exist equally IN experience.

[edit on 11/21/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So where to even start?

I was wondering if you could detail exactly what accepting Christ as Savior entails.
What CHRIST is... What a Savior is.. and EXACTLY how to receive whatever it is you deem Christ.
and please detail (tangibly) what the Holy Spirit is... and where it dwells and how it finds its place.
I am utterly serious,... because I want you to see how unsure of all that you are yourself... how 'touchy' each of your explanations will be, how 'entangible' the responses are..
I am assuming.. but since you didn't take the time to read what I wrote, I'll assume you were assuming what I said had NO credibility.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So where to even start?

With all due respect..........You are on target.

Believing in the prophesied Messiah is the only way.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

So where to even start?

With all due respect..........You are on target.

Believing in the prophesied Messiah is the only way.

and that Messiah is The Prince Of Peace, The King Of Love.... Christ... Melcheizedek(sp?)
people called 'him' many things..... HIM because it is the MALE force of LOVE which is different than the female (receptive) form of LOVE.... it is like a force 'the holy spirit' (the holy thought) .... call it whatever you want... but the bottom line is IT IS LOVE... not a human/super-human .... it will take its form IN a human... but it will be no different than you.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Real Change is pretty much an individual event and here are a few mantras that helped me get over the feeling of terminal uniqueness and make some positive personal changes that absolutely had to be made.

Live and let live

Easy does it

One Day at a time

rule 62------don't take yourself so seriously

Mind your own business!!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Real Change is pretty much an individual event and here are a few mantras that helped me get over the feeling of terminal uniqueness and make some positive personal changes that absolutely had to be made.

Live and let live

Easy does it

One Day at a time

Mind your own business!!!!!

but your own business has tangible effects in your persons, and your persons tangibly effects others...
so we all have to mind eachothers business just as much as we mind ours.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

but your own business has tangible effects in your persons, and your persons tangibly effects others...

How about Rule 62?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

How about Rule 62?

Oh I forgot, we're supposed to take GOD seriously..

so are we supposed to not seriously LIVE? or not seriously DIE?

How seriously do you take yourself when you have to pee? or pooh pooh? do you just ignore it like a child? who doesn't take cleanliness seriously?
or are we supposed to not be serious about our hunger? what is your definition of serious? .. or do we drop the title of serious when we don't understand something, like a child doesn't understand cleanliness..

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sorry PE, I get the feeling that you just want to argue and get bogged down with semantics. I don't.

And you seem to be the negative Nancy, you referenced in your opening post.

Good luck and Peace!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Sorry PE, I get the feeling that you just want to argue and get bogged down with semantics. I don't.

And you seem to be the negative Nancy, you referenced in your opening post.

Good luck and Peace!

not at all, I bring up very viable points..
I don't want to argue, .... not at all.. I want people to understand LOVE for what it is and I want people to stop compartmentalizing and allocating GOD and CHRIST, .. as some mystical super-being.
I am very much interested in the meaning of words, because our current understanding of the words is flawed and producing ill effects.. I wish to correct this so people can make tangible positive effects and not die.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I cannot imagine you arguing!

And I think we are losing any vestige of anti-semantics

all these silly bulls negate the idea of see man ticks....

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i think it depends upon where the person is standing in relations to where it is they want to go, and what they want/need to change into.

perhaps the first step should be in a direction.

perhaps the first step should be choosing which direction to face before taking the first step.

perhaps the first step is to refuse to take any step, and see what steps towards you.

perhaps the first step is putting on the right shoes or hiking boots, depending upon the terrain you will be walking upon.

just som thoughts.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I cannot imagine you arguing!

And I think we are losing any vestige of anti-semantics

all these silly bulls negate the idea of see man ticks....

she said: "see man ticks".

funny. i did not see that one coming from the semantics!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
just trying to give people more tangible things to think about... more or less make them aware of their patterns of thought. their concepts and philosophies that do not produce positive tangible results.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join