It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Lebanese Political Leader Assassinated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

If you are so old, then you know the cause of Lebanon's Civil War. It's wasn't just Israel's doing as they did not arm the PLO in Lebanon. The Syrians and PLO are as much, if not even more to blame for it as are Lebanon and Israel.

So 6 Million Israeli's, not all Jewish even, are planing on occupying the "Greater Middle East" ? If that is what you believe, so be it. Guess there will no peace there in our lifetime.

I did not say it was all of israels fault..I said they were part of it...my own kind were also part of it by killing those people.

I also never said they would occupy anything. I said that they wanted a new Middle east. When i say that , I mean change it rather then their attempting to bargain or give up anything they will attempt to terraform it so to speak to something more in their favor. Face it, they have no water, they have no resources, they are surrounded by hostile governments , their resources in South Africa are also surrounded by hostile Islamic governments and they are not willing to give anything up. If they want oil, water or gas they will have to change things drastically in their favor.

Anyway I never said that Israel did it 100% but Bolten and the UN are not even mentioning it and they too should be thrown in along with Syria & Iran. They have long sought after the Litani River as a goal and it is part of biblical Israel. There are many Jews who wish to see biblical Israel restored and I don't think it should be discounted.

Pie

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Its what would be the end result in all this that they are worried about , not what is current. They want to attack Syria, Iran and get rid of Hizbollah

Why would Israel if they want to attack all these countries destabilize another (Lebanon) just so they can attack Syria and Iran. If they want to, Israel will attack those countries, they would not need the pretext of anything in Lebanon for them to do that. You still haven't answered my question:

Explain again why it is in Israel's best interest to bring down an Anti-Syrian, pro Western leaning Lebanese Government and replace it with either civil war anarchy or even better, a Hezbollah, Syrian leaning Lebanese Government? Don't you think it is slightly suspicious that this assassination happens just before the Lebanese government it set to decide on a UN tribunal for the Hari assassination and Hezbollah ministers leave the government?

All you did is rehash old goings on inside of Lebanon, which Israel has never really benefited from. How does Israel gain by bringing down a Pro Western government next to them?

Also do you think there is any reason for Syria to want to bring down the current government in Lebanon, the one that basically kicked them out of Lebanon?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What part of its '"a coup d'etat" that you're NOT getting?

As was correctly pointed out... they've only got one more minister to remove from the cabinet and it's new elections.

That was PRECISELY what Hezbollah said they wanted to accomplish.

This has got Tehrans bloody fingerprints all over it...

Again!

You've got to understand the Iranians are simply the MOST treacherous people in the ENTIRE Middle East. They've only been at this type stuff for something like 4,000 years.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
What part of its '"a coup d'etat" that you're NOT getting?

Coup d'etat? How is killing an Industry Minister a Coup D'etat?

Which brings up the point...why would Hizbollah bother going through all this crap instead of just going in and killing the entire cabinet and the president and take over the place in one shot. They stood up to israel , but The Lebanese army is going to keep them out? The assasination was intended to provoke.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Actually I believe it wasn't to provoke it was to bring down the government. Lebanese law apparently mandates that if certain number of officials quit or are eliminated the whole government is overturned. There were two officials left till this happened now there is one left to satisfy the overturn of government. Bad time to be an anti-syrian lebanese cabinet member for sure

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A "coup d'etat" is typically viewed as the violent overthrow of the government.

You don't consider the INDUSTRY MINISTER being shot down in the street like a dog a violent attempt of the overthrow of the government?

No really... WHAT does it take to convince you of anything... my supporter of all things terrorist?

It's no secret that if this cabinet minister chicanery doesn't work...

That the TERRORISTS are going to take over Lebanon with military force.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
A "coup d'etat" is typically viewed as the violent overthrow of the government.

You don't consider the INDUSTRY MINISTER being shot down in the street like a dog a violent attempt of the overthrow of the government?

No really... WHAT does it take to convince you of anything... my supporter of all things terrorist?

It's no secret that if this cabinet minister chicanery doesn't work...

That the TERRORISTS are going to take over Lebanon with military force.

An Industry minister is hardly a coup d'etat. Killing a President or Prime Minister and storming the government buildings with troops is a coup.

Never mind trying to convince me. If it wasn't for Israel's bravado over the summer over a border incident, Hizbollah would never be empowered to do such things in the first place. Your country made them into movie stars. Who knows maybe now you can actually tout truthfully that Israel is the only democracy in the ME if something happens in Lebanon.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

An Industry minister is hardly a coup d'etat. Killing a President or Prime Minister and storming the government buildings with troops is a coup.

Never mind trying to convince me. If it wasn't for Israel's bravado over the summer over a border incident, Hizbollah would never be empowered to do such things in the first place. Your country made them into movie stars. Who knows maybe now you can actually tout truthfully that Israel is the only democracy in the ME if something happens in Lebanon.

so you are now blaming israel for indirectly killing him?!

its pretty funny you didnt condemned the assassination but instead you are trying to shift the blame to israel, kinda shows your real face...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko

its pretty funny you didnt condemned the assassination but instead you are trying to shift the blame to israel, kinda shows your real face...

No he said that they would have a military coup if the assasination didn't work. If it wasn't for Israels overdone response by destroying most of Beirut to a kidnap
they wouldn't be as popular with the lebanese people to feel confident enough to pull it off.

Wheres your condemnation? Dude if God came down from heavan and told you in person that the Mossad had something to do with it you would still try to say it was a Uzi that misfired while a Mossad agent that happened to be sightseeing was cleaning it during a lunchbreak in downtown beirut.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
in the Lebanese cabinet Pieman...

We could make you the Minister of Mendacity.

I'm sorry... It's quite pointless discussing pretty much anything with the PieMan...

You can always cut-n-paste...

Israel did it.
Israel profits by it.
Israel controls/know everything behind the scenes...

It's all lies.

That's why the West is deaf, dumb and blind to the daily carnage as seen in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No he said that they would have a military coup if the assasination didn't work. If it wasn't for Israels overdone response by destroying most of Beirut to a kidnap
they wouldn't be as popular with the lebanese people to feel confident enough to pull it off.

Wheres your condemnation? Dude if God came down from heavan and told you in person that the Mossad had something to do with it you would still try to say it was a Uzi that misfired while a Mossad agent that happened to be sightseeing was cleaning it during a lunchbreak in downtown beirut.

i am condemning. im condemning the syrian goverment for pulling this off.
and if god were to come down from heaven and tell you that syria did it you still try to say that it was the mossad. you see, those general phrases can go both ways and besides showing you as a smart a##, they contribute nothing.
and i dont believe in god.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

i am condemning. im condemning the syrian goverment for pulling this off.
and if god were to come down from heaven and tell you that syria did it you still try to say that it was the mossad. you see, those general phrases can go both ways and besides showing you as a smart a##, they contribute nothing.
and i dont believe in god.

How do you know for sure that Syria did it? Because Livni or Bolton said so? There hasn't even been an investigation yet, so how can you make a condemnation of anyone. He could have been screwing the assasins wife for all you know, it could be a dozen things. I just say not to discount Israel. They have just as much motive to do so as Syria or Iran.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

How do you know for sure that Syria did it? Because Livni or Bolton said so? There hasn't even been an investigation yet, so how can you make a condemnation of anyone. He could have been screwing the assasins wife for all you know, it could be a dozen things. I just say not to discount Israel. They have just as much motive to do so as Syria or Iran.

While I know this is futile I will still try.....

Isn't is strange to you Pieman, that Syria's allies in the Lebanese government walk out of said government because the cabinet of Lebanon ok'ed a UN tribunal to investigate and perhaps prosecute the Hari assassination? Any investigation is probable to implicate Syria's intelligence agency at the very least.

Then, only needing 2 more cabinet members to become incapacitated, One is assassinated and on the same day, another cabinet member survives a failed assassination attempt. Surprisingly, both of these cabinet members are anti-Syrian Christians. Hmmmmm. And Israel has just as much motive...

Plus I like this zinger from you...

There hasn't even been an investigation yet, so how can you make a condemnation of anyone.

and yet who do you claim is probably behind it with no real even circumstantial evidence? tad bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Do you think that the UN should investigate and hold a tribunal to find and try the murderer of Hari? I will be interested in your answer, since you seem to think Israel did it.

But then again, this is probably futile anyway. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join