It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate Random Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was awaken this morning at 5:30 am by my son yelling from the bottom of the stairs that my German Shepherd (1 year old) was having a seizure in his bedroom:bnghd: By 7:45 am, now my puppy is having a grand mall seizure (really bad one):bnghd: By 9:30 am, my husband had to come home and put our "Shep" down. All before the vet could see him at 10:30. When I realized he already had alot of brain damage I canceled the appointment and called my husband, and we decided we couldn't have him, now that he was unpredictable & scared he would turn on us, or the kids.

The grand mall fried his brain, and he no longer knew who I was, or his name, or any house rules, or who my husband was, he knew nothing. He never had a seizure ever before this morning at 5:30 and the second seizure fried him. I'm so upset that such a random thing had to happen to our beautiful puppy. He will be buried by our last shepherd, she was a "Saint"--- Saint Olga, and died in April 06' she was over 15 years old. Now my other dog is all depressed because her buddy Shep is gone. I hate Random events
:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that

My friend has a yellow lab that has minor seizures every so often, hate seeing it when it happens

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah, it's not pretty. I couldn't believe how much frothing at the mouth he had.
But by 9:30 he had already tried to kill the cat...who he loved before & to be quit frank by then I was scared he would come after me now that he didn't know me anymore. He was very destructive upstairs this morning when he went after the cat. He was a big boy too....probably 90 lbs, and just beautiful

It's a sad day at my house:w:
:w:

[edit on 11/21/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here I was all set to come in this thread and make some flippant, sarcastic remark about random events...

Loss of a pet is a very sad thing. Especially (ok I'm prejudiced) when it's a dog. You have my sincere sympathy, and empathy.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks. You can say something flip and sarcastic if you want to about random events.

This is the second time this years that something really random has happened to one of my pets...the other was my rooster, he was still a baby and he was out grazing at my neighbors house (who liked it when Lucky Louie came over) and this guy pulls up in a pickup (nobody knows him) and asked to use an air compresser because he has a low tire... and his fricken
dog jumps out his truck window and killed my Lucky Louie! That was pretty devastating for me, because I hand raised him from a day old chick, and he was soo precious.

Yes, I totally hate random events
Edit*** And do you think that guy said he was sorry?? Hell no, he acted just like my little rooster shouldn't have been out where his dog could kill it (in someones private yard)

[edit on 11/21/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am so sorry, late perhaps, but.

I had a wonderful Rottweiler with brain damage due to surgery.
When he got to the point of growling at me I knew it was time and I held him tight in my arms as he was put to sleep.

It is bad enough when they leave us due to old age but when they should be young and healthy

WIS

new topics

top topics

join