It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilization on this Planet

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here is the link to the New Scientist magazine with the original story.

Notice what it says about another civilization coming after the previous one was gone for a few million years.

Within a few million years, erosion and possibly another ice age or two will have obliterated most of even these faint traces. If another intelligent species ever evolves on the Earth - and that is by no means certain, given how long life flourished before we came along - it may well have no inkling that we were ever here save for a few peculiar fossils and ossified relics. The humbling - and perversely comforting - reality is that the Earth will forget us remarkably quickly.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Something to bear in mind is we have a real time model for your previous claim in the town near Chernobyl (drunk, bad spelling i know!), some of these things are all ready happening there.

Wont be touched for many years so a good source for watching something significant disapear.

Q

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Here is the link to the New Scientist magazine with the original story.

i hope you dont mind, but i added your sources to this thread.

i attributed all the info to you.....recommend you check it out (if you can deal with marduk).

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Snaf, I think this thread really does deserve a little more input about the maps that fit inot oops. Have to confess I am very drubk right now so wont spoil the topic by trying to type! I have loads of sources and info on it if you dont m ind me adding it?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quackmaster
Snaf, I think this thread really does deserve a little more input about the maps that fit inot oops. Have to confess I am very drubk right now so wont spoil the topic by trying to type! I have loads of sources and info on it if you dont m ind me adding it?

dont mind at all....the more sources the better. this thread is about bringing as much information about the possibility of unknown past civilizations together as possible.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
snafu7700,

Thanks for the credit but it was not necessary.

I have been fascinated by this subject for many years and I think the theory in New Scientist helps explain many of the out of place artifacts Michael Cremo and others have found around the world.

www.mcremo.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
snafu7700,

Thanks for the credit but it was not necessary.

well, some people here tend to get their panties in a wad if you dont credit them for finding the info, so i try my best to ensure that i do.....thanks again for all of the great links you have added to this thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've waited a respectable amout of time.

Someone was kind enough to bring in the two leading 'theories' (or schools of thought
) with regards to 'the development of the Earth'...

Uniformiarianism and Catastrophism.

On paper... BOTH of these approaches seem to have their points... and their moments.

However... It's when you start getting into the nitty-gritty details that the wheels totally seem to come off.

If anyone has traced the links provided (and the supporting 'data'), we could get into the (many) shortcomings of these two viewpoints...

I guess if you were to determine the common root cause problems of both of these approaches... for me, it would be the flawed human perspective.

Foremost... Humans have a tendency to view themselves as long-lived and then want to take this 'long period of time' and try to create a perspective of 'situtation normal' and then stretch that basis out in time (in both directions
).

Naturally, this leads to some rather hilarious situations. (My favorite, of course, being SETI
).

In terms of the subject of this thread, if you get out in the field and open your eyes... The physical record that is EVERYWHERE is rather staggering (and just slightly contradicts the 'official' record
).

There are a lot of guys out their doing some FINE work (for example, local guys dealing with subduction dealing with the Cascadia plate). They seem to really be using their heads (and taking a multi-discipline approach).

You might look up twenty years from now and we might have something approaching a real working theory...

Something along the lines of miniCatastrophism... Ongoing and never ending... something approaching reality.

There's a thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Apart from photographs, war diaries and government records it is very hard to find evidence of world war 1 & 2 on the great battle fields. Once the concrete bunkers are dismantled, once all the weapons and tanks are melted down to bolster the postwar economy, once all the participants have died and the paper records of the time have deteriorated what was once the biggest event in world history is gradually slipping out of the memory of the collective conciousness. Give another 2 or 3 generations and the information will only be used by historians studying the wars whose opinion on events will be shaped by events in the time in which they live. If this event happened less than 100 years ago and the ancients had no access to photography, printing presses (for mass distribution of material and archiving) and is already beginning to fade from common knowledge, how is any event in history going to be preserved in any accurate form? Chinese whispers anyone? 3 generations down the track the oral tradition becomes legend, legend becomes fantasy and fantasy leads to ridicule.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join