It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Eye of Sauron...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was just amazed how some things can be so similar our identical to other things not related at all...lol this is just one exemple. a cosmic phenomena that make us remeber the Eye of sauron on the Lord of the rings saga^^

Original info:

Sorry if this was posted before, but it is so interesting always to see this real cosmic phenomenas

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Very interesting similarity.
Any idea when the space image was made?

I almost looks as if the movies makers modeled it after that very photo.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Very interesting similarity.
Any idea when the space image was made?

I almost looks as if the movies makers modeled it after that very photo.

No i dont have a clue about when it was taken by hubble, but i am trying to digg a little more about it.

Yes indeed it looks that the "eye creators", modeled it after see this.lol, quite impressive the similarity.

any member more familiarized with nasa cosmic pic sites then me, can pls try to find this pic?, so we can have a better date?, it will be awnsome if so.thx

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
ok i had just find this official from NASA about it, realy interesting thing indeed:

Nasa Info

And this one tell us the date of the hubble pic (a five-month period in 2004: May 17, Aug. 2, and Oct. 27.):

Site reporting the date of the hubble observations

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So the second 'external image' you provide is the actual image used by the 'LOTR' trilogy.

It isn't that amazing really... there's a face on the moon but it isn't that impressive. Its like the way items of food sometimes contain religious symbols; amazing, not. I doubt the original movie image was based on the deep space photo as the original image used in the movie was based on something contained in the works of Tolkien, red/fire is socially accepted imagery for symbolising evil.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Too similar so I am gonna say the LOTR guys modeled the EYE from this image.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
ok i had just find this official from NASA about it, realy interesting thing indeed:

Nasa Info

And this one tell us the date of the hubble pic (a five-month period in 2004: May 17, Aug. 2, and Oct. 27.):

Site reporting the date of the hubble observations

If this is true, then the filmakers couldn't have based the "eye" on the galaxie. The last movie came out in 2003.

The Lord of the Rings film trilogy comprises three live action fantasy epic films; The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Indeed griff!, what amazes me more!, what a coicidence...what are the changes that something could be so similar!

the art work for the movie is older then the pic. incredible.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here are two images you might find interesting.

See if you know what they might be. They are unrelated ( I think, LOL)

[edit on 21-11-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As a chance guess, one is deepspace/dark energy and one is neural networks in the brain... how amazing...

The classical view of an atom with shells looks like a solar system... how amazing....

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
Indeed griff!, what amazes me more!, what a coicidence...what are the changes that something could be so similar!

the art work for the movie is older then the pic. incredible.

Not really incredible... winning the lottery is more amazing than two images looking similar. Next you'll be saying "It's amazing that the signs of the zodiac resemble things on earth", "The pyramids look like mountains, what are the chances..." or "Who would have thought my head could look like a potato, who'd have thought it...".

This thread is pointless, full of people saying its amazing two images look similar, devoid of any reason or purpose... sometimes coincidence is exactly what it says :
a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance.. Its not as if the pictures are identicle, they only resemble each other, and then your brain makes up the rest. This is like the birthday paradox where in a group of people over 20 there is a high probability of tw people sharing the same birthday. It isn't amazing, it isn't incredible, it's just the way the world is. For people who think this coincidence is "amazing", I'm sure you'll wet yourself reading about the birthday paradox.

I'll 'ignore' whoever tries to claim this is some conspiracy or whoever suggests this was done on purpose. Why do people gawp at coincidences of this nature? I find that question to be full of discourse far more interesting than can be found in the discussion of two images being similar. The google quote of the day seems to fit this thread quite well; "Against logic there is no armour like ignorance - L.J. Peter"... what are the chances of that.

The most amazing thing notable within this thread is the complete rejection of rationality in favour of wonder. And to give this thread the title "the real eye of Sauron..." is amazing in it's ability to mislead, it most definitely isn't anything to do with some character in a fictional story.

[edit on 21/11/06 by byhiniur]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What a spoilsport.

So what do you think the two above images are?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Neural cells for sure, the other one i dont have a clue, but it looks something cosmic

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Right!

The red one is a map of the structure of the known universe.
the other is a microscopic pic of neural cells..

micro versus macro..

So, either the mind is a tiny universe, or the universe is a giant brain..

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Right!

The red one is a map of the structure of the known universe.
the other is a microscopic pic of neural cells..

micro versus macro..

hehehe, good one^^

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur

"Who would have thought my head could look like a potato, who'd have thought it...".

Does your head relly look like a potato?

This thread is pointless, full of people saying its amazing two images look similar, devoid of any reason or purpose... sometimes coincidence is exactly what it says :

Life is to short to lead such a boring sterile existance. You ever hear the "Logical Song". If not you should it has good lessons in it. You should know there are many things in the universe that are much more than coincidence. It is a place of Magick...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

micro versus macro..

The real macro vs micro is the difference between the universe and the atomic. Nueral networks are not atomic but part of the macro world in which we live.

I remeber it being suggested that the people who got the deep space pictures thought they where looking into the mind of god (that could be wrong though, it could be a quote from Einstien on his work or something like that).

What is interesting about those pictures is that it might show how patterns permeate and, in a way, control nature.

Originally posted by LoneGunManDoes your head relly look like a potato?

No, but you'd be impressed if it did.

Originally posted by LoneGunMan Life is to short to lead such a boring sterile existance. You ever hear the "Logical Song". If not you should it has good lessons in it. You should know there are many things in the universe that are much more than coincidence. It is a place of Magick...

I don't think its boring and sterile to point out that:
The original photos presented only shared a small likeness.
They do not show that there is a "real eye of sauron".
People who proclaim it is amazing are being irrational. And on this point I think alot of interesting discussion could take place; what is so amazing about two unrelated images loking similar?

What "things in the universe" are more than coincidence, beyond the obvious?
What is magick?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Real Eye Of Majic

Is upon thee!

And he decreeth thusly:

1. It is okay to express wonder.

2. It is okay to express skepticism, yea, verily, even cynicism.

Let's just try to be nice about it, okay?

Majic hath spoken!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great photo look's cool.

Also it's impossible due to the time of photo as some one mentioned, also the fact the Eye of Sauron was actually designed after a cat's eye with flames.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Spacedoubt,
For those excellent comparison pictures,have some of this:

"You have voted spacedoubt for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month"

We are all part of the universal brain.Top stuff!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Very interesting pictures, nice to see my eyeball back again, I posted this about a year ago but the links to the pictures are no more.

Hubble spies lord of the stellar rings, The Great Eye of Sauron
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join