It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle of the Sun at Medjugorje on Video

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ah. This pic shows the back of the cross with the lightening rod properly. You can see clearly it is attached with little brackets to the cross. Not with encirling bands. So what are the bands?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
The cross I have shown is the concrete cross. It was erected before the visions started, in 1934. It is on Krizevac Hill (my Serbo-Croat is rusty, but I think that means "Cross Hill") 2km from the main church. This is not the same cross as at Apparition Hill, at Medjugorje itself. However it is the concrete cross that is what is claimed to light up, and is what is being filmed in the video.

The first two pics I showed were of the lightening rod - this runs up the back of the cross. It is the nodules sticking out at various points and the (cables?) lines shown on the front of the cross which pique my curiosity.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by d60944]

You know, what we need are some really close-up photos of the bands and everything else on that cross. It is nearly impossible to determine what those bands are from the available photos. But I don't see any cables running off from the bottom of the cross to any power source. Is there any way that you can provide close-ups. Otherwise we can only guess.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

You know, what we need are some really close-up photos of the bands and everything else on that cross. It is nearly impossible to determine what those bands are from the available photos. But I don't see any cables running off from the bottom of the cross to any power source. Is there any way that you can provide close-ups. Otherwise we can only guess.

No we dont!

at least not the educated ones among us. you have been debunked once, wont you lose your faith if another of your miracles burst like a soapbubble?

well i hope this will happen, and you will learn that believe is worthless, only knowledge matters.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by hoeon]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I really can't see that anyone or group at Medjugorje would be putting cables around that cross where they can then 'light' it up whenever they choose --- it's even ridiculous to even think of that because it would be much, much too easy for any one of the thousands of people at those sites to investigate that cross for such things after seeing it light up like that. Even those hard core believers would be running over to that cross to look things over after seeing it light up from afar!
And not only that, but if a person or group were to put some lighting cables on that cross and then were to be found out, I can only imagine how they would be ocstracized from that town forever because so much of the income generated from those pilgrims who visit this place from all over the world would potentially be lost if anyone or any group were to try such a thing!

[edit on 27-11-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
I really can't see that anyone or group at Medjugorje would be putting cables around that cross where they can then 'light' it up whenever they choose --- it's even ridiculous to even think of that because it would be much, much too easy for any one of the thousands of people at those sites to investigate that cross for such things after seeing it light up like that. Even those hard core believers would be running over to that cross to look things over after seeing it light up from afar!
And not only that, but if a person or group were to put some lighting cables on that cross and then were to be found out, I can only imagine how they would be ocstracized from that town forever because so much of the income generated from those pilgrims who visit this place from all over the world would potentially be lost if anyone or any group were to try such a thing!

ofcourse not, it must be a miracle!!!
Hail the mary, thank the almighty god. a miracle is much more logic than some poor villagers playin some tricks on the gulible catholics, to free them of their money.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

That's exactly what I was thinking about the suggestion of some kind of electrical cause for the glowing cross. There do not appear to be any such cables. Every attachment to that cross appeard to end right at the bottom of the cross. It's pretty clear that it's a lightning rod and nothing more, though it is not absolutely proven because the photos are not clear nor close-up enough. But it would seem that if there were any electrical wiring connected to that cross that it would have been found out by now, since the apparitions have been taking place at Medjugorje for over 25 years. FlyersFan has been there, so she probably had a chance to examine the cross closely and must have seen what those attachments actually are.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon

No we dont!

at least not the educated ones among us. you have been debunked once, wont you lose your faith if another of your miracles burst like a soapbubble?

well i hope this will happen, and you will learn that believe is worthless, only knowledge matters.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by hoeon]

Thanks for the comic relief! So you don't need clear photographic evidence to draw a sound conclusion about this matter. People who make those kinds of claims are usually deluded. You can't be taken seriously with such blind disbelief.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
When we were there in May of 1991 there was NOTHING on that cross at all. NOTHING. It was bare. We hiked up the hill and saw the cross at the top. It was in a medium sized open area. From the back you could see off into the rest of the countryside .. and I remember thinking about the war that was getting started there. Later, reports said that there was actually fighting from the war happening on that back side of Cross Mountain. I remember thinking how when I looked out from that spot it was calm .. the calm before the storm.

Anyways .. as of May 1991 ... when the fella from our group saw the cross glowing at night ... there was nothing on the cross. Not even a lightening rod.

[edit on 11/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I would like to know...when you were in Medjugorje,

May 1991

did you feel more at peace with the world?

No. But it was a good conversion experience. I also had an UNEXPECTED infilling of the Holy Spirit. The fundamentalists call it 'slain in the spirit'. It happened while I was sitting on the side of the church, praying my rosary, at the time of the apparition. Right afterwards is when my husband and I (he didn't experience the infilling of the Spirit) saw the Miracle of the Sun Dancing.

Also, did you happen to meet any of the visionaries?

Ivan and Vicka.

I think Ivan is now married and living in Massachussetts. Didn't he marry Miss Massachussetts or something like that? Of the six (alleged) visionaries, VICKA was the most interesting to meet.

Oh .. funny side note .. one day right after the apparition at the church, my husband and I went up to the choir loft and ran into Ivan on the stairs. And I mean RAN INTO. Boom. Bumped right into him. It was just about 2 or 3 minutes after he had the apparition in the choir loft.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks FlyersFan for your valuable input especially since you have actually been to that place. However, it is pretty clear from the photograps that there have been some attachments added to the cross since you were there.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

it is pretty clear from the photograps that there have been some attachments added to the cross since you were there.

Oh sure. I have no doubt about that. It would be SMART to have a lightening rod put on it.

At the time - May 1991 - it was bare and it glowed by itself at night. At least that was what many people said. I did not see it glow.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I would like to know...when you were in Medjugorje,

May 1991

did you feel more at peace with the world?

No. But it was a good conversion experience. I also had an UNEXPECTED infilling of the Holy Spirit. The fundamentalists call it 'slain in the spirit'. It happened while I was sitting on the side of the church, praying my rosary, at the time of the apparition. Right afterwards is when my husband and I (he didn't experience the infilling of the Spirit) saw the Miracle of the Sun Dancing.

Also, did you happen to meet any of the visionaries?

Ivan and Vicka.

I think Ivan is now married and living in Massachussetts. Didn't he marry Miss Massachussetts or something like that? Of the six (alleged) visionaries, VICKA was the most interesting to meet.

Oh .. funny side note .. one day right after the apparition at the church, my husband and I went up to the choir loft and ran into Ivan on the stairs. And I mean RAN INTO. Boom. Bumped right into him. It was just about 2 or 3 minutes after he had the apparition in the choir loft.

Nothing more convincing than experiencing the truth for yourself eh? The greatest miracle of all is the way people are changed by visiting Medjugorje. The come back more devout and spiritually strong after just a few days in that place. You guys ran into alot more than Ivan when you went to Medjugorje...you ran smack dab into the Divine. It's almost symbolic of your experience when you ran into Ivan as you were ASCENDING THE STAIRS which suggests spiritual ascension.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I agree. Putting lightning rods on that cross is the smart and prudent thing to do especially if it's on a hill like that. It would be totally irresponsible on the caretakers part to not have inserted those rods into it at some point in time after it started inexplicably lighting up like that.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned it is indisputable that the Queen of Heaven is appearing at Medjugorje because of the millions of witnesses. In addition there have been many photos and videos of some of the miracles that take place there. Even if once in a while a camera glitch may be the cause of an unusual image...most of the photographic and video evidence that comes out of Medjugorje is of authentic miracles. That is something that can easily be proven to people by having them go there. Virtually anyone can witness the supernatural first hand at Medjugorje if they have the courage to go there. But some people are afraid to face the truth that God is real, and more specifically, the CHRISTIAN GOD! That really scares them!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Please don't get sidetracked talking about a lightening rod. Good grief! There is obviously one there and no-one has claimed otherwise, or that the lightening rod is electric or anything.

The pictures I queried were of the OTHER nodules and attachments to the cross, as you can see by the red rings I put onto the photographs. The lightening rod is on the side facing uphill. The other things are shown on the pictures looking uphill toward the downhill-facing side of the cross, and they have red circles pointing them out. I just want to know what they are. In particular the little protrusions/nodules (not the bands, which could be anything) as their configuration is similar to that of the points of light shown in that film footage.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It is absolutely amazing that the apparitions at Medjugoje have been ongoing for over 25 years and in all of that time the visionaries have never attempted to cash in on their experiences. As far as I know none of them has written a book to make money. The only people who have written books for money are people other than the visionaries who have been there then wrote books about the place and made millions. So, if the visionaries wanted to they could capitalize substantially through books and interviews but they have never done that. Their interviews have never been for money nor publicity.

The visionaries live relatively simple quiet lives of prayer and sharing their messages freely with the faithful. Their detachment from worldliness speaks volumes about the authenticity of their visions. They are just about the nearest thing that we have today that is comparable to the ancient prophets of the Bible. They receive revelations from the Lord which are delivered to the visionaries by the Blessed Virgin after which they are delivered to us, along with many miracles. The world is no longer the same since these apparitions began at Medjugorje.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Please don't get sidetracked talking about a lightening rod. Good grief! There is obviously one there and no-one has claimed otherwise, or that the lightening rod is electric or anything.

The pictures I queried were of the OTHER nodules and attachments to the cross, as you can see by the red rings I put onto the photographs. The lightening rod is on the side facing uphill. The other things are shown on the pictures looking uphill toward the downhill-facing side of the cross, and they have red circles pointing them out. I just want to know what they are. In particular the little protrusions/nodules (not the bands, which could be anything) as their configuration is similar to that of the points of light shown in that film footage.

I know what you are saying d60944. Are those nodules some kind of sockets for light bulbs or other lighting attachments? I think that is a good question. But as I pointed out earlier it is almost impossible to determine this from the photos you posted. They were not taken at a close enough range for us to discern what they are exactly. It would be alot easier if there had been some light-bulbs attached to them, then, even in the poor resolution and distance of these photos we would probably be able to recognize their genral shape and shade. But there are no such obvious forms to see. We need better pictures.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It seems to be a planet in front of the sun. I wish the infrared night shot had been turned on if they had one during that event. Bet there would have been tons of orbs or so called (ufos) everywhere. I'm almost certain of it.

I'm sorry but I feel compelled to add this. A very heavy red flag comes up when I see that people are almost worshipping (sun) or celestial events and touching a stone or wooden idol thats oozing something....saying oooooh and ahhhhh and some even weaping because of it.

Mary, Queen of Heaven is not God..... to me anyways

Call me a heretic

It just doesnt sit well with my spirit

[edit on 27-11-2006 by magnito_student]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Below is a website with recent photos of that cross. I've also posted some of the photo's from that site in this post. See below the link.

And notice that those people are sitting right at the base of the cross? Lol, I bet they aren't seeing any lighting cables wrapped around it anywhere..... geesh...

2003/2004 photo gallery of Medj. cross

Notice that in D69044's image (smaller image on right) of the back of the cross. And notice that there's no bolts on the cross in the larger image....

Hmmmm, see D60's photo of the cross... (image below this text) quite a difference from the above photo of the same cross I would say.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Palasheea,

Those are some excellent photos but they show the cross without any apparent nodules or straps. The lightning rod is the only thing I see in these photos, and they are recent ones, taken in 2003 and 2004 according to the captions below the photos at the link you provided. So, it seems things are being attached then removed...basically just maintenance done on the cross. Nothing there that could make the cross light up as brightly as the one that appears in the video at youtube. Thanks for the good photograhic evidence.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join