It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle of the Sun at Medjugorje on Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

Originally posted by Funkydung
this is the first time ive heard of this.....but i have taken a few digital photos of the sun and the black spot is there. take your digital camera and take a few shots of the sun tommorow wherever you are and see if the spot is there. bet it is.

That may be, but I have never seen any FILMS or VIDEOS of the sun where its main body is completely devoid of light. I have seen many films and videos on documentaries on the solar system and stars and have never seen a sight such as is displayed in that video from Medjugorje. And if you have photos of the sun completely blacked out while its radiance is fully ablaze I would appreciate it immensely if you would upload them and post those photos here.

i havent seen any films or videos of the black spot either..the one on this thread is the first other than the pics i took......maybe they edit it out or filter it. i definatly got some shots on my dig kodak camera with the sun with the black dot and the light all around it. just taking random pics while riding in the car...trees houses sky clouds sun....etc.... i didnt think anything about it. my son was in the car with me and i just showed it to him and told him that i guess this is what the camera does with the extreme light caused from the sun and havent thought of it since. that was probably last year maybe....i will check and see if i still have them. i may have just deleted them. like i said, i didnt think anything about them, or know that people thought that this was some miricle. but i think any digital camera should do it.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

i havent seen any films or videos of the black spot either..the one on this thread is the first other than the pics i took......maybe they edit it out or filter it. i definatly got some shots on my dig kodak camera with the sun with the black dot and the light all around it. i didnt think anything about it. my son was in the car with me and i just showed it to him and told him that i guess this is what the camera does with the extreme light caused from the sun and havent thought of it since. that was probably last year maybe....i will check and see if i still have them. i may have just deleted them. like i said, i didnt think anything about them, or know that people thought that this was some miricle. but i think any digital camera should do it.

When you took that picture you weren't passing through Medjugorje by any chance were you?

I may try that with my own camera. But I really don't think that is a common phenomenon. I mean, people take photos of the sun all the time and all they get is a big glaring sphere. Which is what you would expect when photographing a star.

Really try to find the pics you took. I would love to see how much like the image in the video they are. But what would REALLY be interesting to try would be to take video of the sun and demonstrate to ourselves the impossiblity of getting the kind of video recording that the Medjugorje video shows.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i havent seen any films or videos of the black spot either..the one on this thread is the first other than the pics i took......maybe they edit it out or filter it. i definatly got some shots on my dig kodak camera with the sun with the black dot and the light all around it. i didnt think anything about it. my son was in the car with me and i just showed it to him and told him that i guess this is what the camera does with the extreme light caused from the sun and havent thought of it since. that was probably last year maybe....i will check and see if i still have them. i may have just deleted them. like i said, i didnt think anything about them, or know that people thought that this was some miricle. but i think any digital camera should do it.

When you took that picture you weren't passing through Medjugorje by any chance were you?

I may try that with my own camera. But I really don't think that is a common phenomenon. I mean, people take photos of the sun all the time and all they get is a big glaring sphere. Which is what you would expect when photographing a star.

Really try to find the pics you took. I would love to see how much like the image in the video they are. But what would REALLY be interesting to try would be to take video of the sun and demonstrate to ourselves the impossiblity of getting the kind of video recording that the Medjugorje video shows.

haha no i wasnt in medjugorje. i dont even know where that is.
i do live in alabama in the united states. and the pics i took are just like the video. i was using a kodak digital camera i bought from best buy.

i found this. these people are talking about the camera sensor and the sun....

I don't realy think it's that bad, but it's best not to keep focusing on the sun (the CCD will heat up because of the constant amount of energy that's added).
On the other hand, when you point at the sun, and the focus is realy bad (if the sun is only a tiny spot on the CCD, focusing all the energy in one point), it might hurt the sensor yes (it like with with a magnifying glass and a piece of paper ).
But, this is not a problem for sunrise and sunset pictures, because the amount of energy is much lower (setting the piece of paper on fire also won't work in the morning or evening).
www.dcresource.com...

and the pics i took were around 1pm 2pm 3pm something like that...

just wondering...do these people say that this happens there and nowhere else??

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

haha no i wasnt in medjugorje. i dont even know where that is.
i do live in alabama in the united states. and the pics i took are just like the video. i was using a kodak digital camera i bought from best buy.

i found this. these people are talking about the camera sensor and the sun....

I don't realy think it's that bad, but it's best not to keep focusing on the sun (the CCD will heat up because of the constant amount of energy that's added).
On the other hand, when you point at the sun, and the focus is realy bad (if the sun is only a tiny spot on the CCD, focusing all the energy in one point), it might hurt the sensor yes (it like with with a magnifying glass and a piece of paper ).
But, this is not a problem for sunrise and sunset pictures, because the amount of energy is much lower (setting the piece of paper on fire also won't work in the morning or evening).
www.dcresource.com...

and the pics i took were around 1pm 2pm 3pm something like that...

That action of the lens similar to a magnifying glass is the thing that occured to me when I viewed the video. I was wondering if the sensor in the camera shouldn't have been damaged in some way when the camera was kept focused directly on the sun for so long. I hope you don't damage your camera if you try to get another picture like the ones you described. That damage that the sun's energy can cause is the reason I am hesitant to try it, besides burning my own retinas if I stare into the little screen to long. Really, the more I think about it, the more impressive the video seems to be.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by SkyWay]

[edit on 21-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

That action of the lens similar to a magnifying glass is the thing that occured to me when I viewed the video. I was wondering if the sensor in the camera shouldn't have been damaged in some way when the camera was kept focused directly on the sun for so long.

That damage that the sun's energy can cause is the reason I am hesitant to try it, besides burning my own retinas if I stare into the little screen to long. Really, the more I think about it, the more impressive the video seems to be.

if you have just a regular digital camera you dont have to look thru it. just hold it up to the sky and point it at the sun and push the button. takes about 2 seconds.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Okay, a simple test is necessary. Tomorrow I will take my camera (digital camera with video) and video the sun.

If I don't see the same black spot, then it must be some other explaination, or am I wrong here?

your input plz.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

if you have just a regular digital camera you dont have to look thru it. just hold it up to the sky and point it at the sun and push the button. takes about 2 seconds.

That should work. Although it might take a couple dozen tries with the kind of aim I have' before I actually get the sun in the image.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
Okay, a simple test is necessary. Tomorrow I will take my camera (digital camera with video) and video the sun.

If I don't see the same black spot, then it must be some other explaination, or am I wrong here?

your input plz.

Hey! You just made me realize that I can take small video clips with my camera also. It has a video mode. It's a Samsung S500.

Gotta go for now. See ya tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

forumz.tomshardware.com...

Someone posted a video and some stills they took using a Umax Astrapix
610 and it looks like the Sun is blocked out by a mask making it appear black.
They are in alt.binaries.svcd if anyone is interested. I never dared point my
camera at the Sun, so I have never seen this before. Can someone explain why it
did that? I'm really curious.

If anyone cares to check them out, they were posted to:

alt.binaries.ftd
alt.binaries.movies
alt.binaries.movies.divx
alt.binaries.svcd

You should be able to find them in any one of these groups under the
subject "Totally Weird, Pictures of the Sun through my Digital Camera (Umax
Astrapix 610)"

here are some more people talking about it. hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
OH - GUSH - PANT - OH, OH, OH - FALL OVER MYSELF IN EXCITMENT!!!!!

I LOVE MARY. She's my name saint. After my supreme stupidity 2 years ago, I found a medal of Mary at Medjugorje. Which was strange because Medjugorje isn't recognized by the Vatican, they aren't pumping out Medjugorje medals yet. It just appeared in my house. Someone's bootleg Mary Medjugorje medal was mine for a while. It sure gave me a boost.

It's gone now, onto someone else who needs it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So the virgin mary is supposed to be on that video in the sun? I see a black spot, and maybe I'm missing something but I didn't see anything that looked like the virgin mary and dont know what everyone is raving about? is the black dot in the sun supposed to be mary

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've taken photos of the sun before and it looked just like that, a big black dot in the middle. I don't really know what I'm looking at here. This site has wonderful videos of ufos in the sky, aliens being interviewed at Area 51, controlled demolitions of the WTC. That's all plain to see. Here, I'm looking at.. a SUN? Errrrr.. ummm .. errrrr... this one has me scratching my head. Where's the strangeness and intrigue? The sun is the sun...

jra

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

This particular video shows the sun as a black sphere with all of its usual radiant brilliance eminating from it.

This the effect of the image sensor of the digital video camera blocking out the intense sunlight. Not all digital cameras and video cameras do this as far as I can tell. But it happens with my webcam. Probably because it's cheap and doesn't have the greatest image sensor and can't handle the brightness of the Sun. I've seen other examples of this as well. There is nothing paranormal or miraculous about this at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
this does not convince me there is a god.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

do these people say that this happens there and nowhere else??

There was a 'miracle of the sun' at Fatima back in 1917 (I think it was 1917). Mary appeared there aprpox 6 times. At the last apparition a 'miracle of the sun' took place. The sun danced in the sky and came spiraling down towards earth. The ground, which was soaking wet from a heavy rain, immediately dried up. So did all the wet people. This was witnessed by up to 80,000 people. The Miracle of the Sun is something that is reported at some Marian Apparition places.

For those who say it's a trick of the camera - Most people see it WITH THEIR EYES. Like my husband and I did. It isn't just a 'spot in front of the sun'. Other things happen. The sun dances, spins colors off, and pictures can be seen in the sun. You can look right into the sun and not harm your eyes.

For those who ask why pilots dont' see it ... the Miracle of the Sun is for each individual person. Pilots flying past are not in Medjugorje for a religious reason and perhaps that's why God doesn't allow them to see it. Frankly, the fact that some see it and some don't, lends more weight to this perhaps being supernatural instead of just a natural event. If it were natural then everyone would see it.

BTW .. my rosary and my husband's rosaries both turned gold while in Medjugore. This is another thing associated with the apparition site.

Like I said .. there are MANY supernatural things that happen there.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing in this video that cannot very EASILY be explained by any amateur Photographer, I have taken many clips with a video camera and the sun looks just like that. No miracle here at all..... why all the fuss??

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
There is absolutely nothing in this video that cannot very EASILY be explained by any amateur Photographer, I have taken many clips with a video camera and the sun looks just like that. No miracle here at all..... why all the fuss??

I would appreciate it very much if some of you guys who claim to have recorded the same kind of solar image on your video cameras would upload those videos and give us a chance to look at them. Talk is cheap. Anyone can say they have filmed the same thing, even those who haven't, but if you present the film or photos we can SEE the evidence. Otherwise it amounts to nothing more than empty claims. On this forum we require more than claims. We ask for evidence. If you have such recordings it makes no sense to withhold it. The people that produced the Medjugorje film were able to present it, so there's nothing to hold you back from showing your films also, if you have them.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is another weak example of the dark side trying to impress us; a real miracle will be so bright that everyone will be able to see it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

do these people say that this happens there and nowhere else??

There was a 'miracle of the sun' at Fatima back in 1917 (I think it was 1917). Mary appeared there aprpox 6 times. At the last apparition a 'miracle of the sun' took place. The sun danced in the sky and came spiraling down towards earth. The ground, which was soaking wet from a heavy rain, immediately dried up. So did all the wet people. This was witnessed by up to 80,000 people. The Miracle of the Sun is something that is reported at some Marian Apparition places.

From what I have read, there have been MILLIONS of people who have witnessed the miracles at Medjugorje such as the Miracles of the Sun. There are millions of people like yourself FlyersFan. They just are not reported by the media.

For those who say it's a trick of the camera - Most people see it WITH THEIR EYES. Like my husband and I did. It isn't just a 'spot in front of the sun'. Other things happen. The sun dances, spins colors off, and pictures can be seen in the sun. You can look right into the sun and not harm your eyes.

For those who ask why pilots dont' see it ... the Miracle of the Sun is for each individual person. Pilots flying past are not in Medjugorje for a religious reason and perhaps that's why God doesn't allow them to see it. Frankly, the fact that some see it and some don't, lends more weight to this perhaps being supernatural instead of just a natural event. If it were natural then everyone would see it.

BTW .. my rosary and my husband's rosaries both turned gold while in Medjugore. This is another thing associated with the apparition site.

Like I said .. there are MANY supernatural things that happen there.

The supernatural events at Medjugorje can be experienced by most people who go there...even skeptics. Many people have reported how they were only Sunday Christians when they went there and really did not take their religion too seriously, but that changed after they visited Medjugorje. Many of them had their rosaries changed also from silver to gold. I met a lady once who had bought a rosary with very plain glass beads that were changed into very beautiful irridescent crystal when they visited an apparition site. I'm not sure but I think it was Medjugorje. There are so many places where the Blessed Virgin is appearing that it can be difficult to keep track of all of them and which ones people have visited. The Divine is descending to the Earth and spreading to all corners of it but many people are kept in the dark about this by the censored media. Miracles abound but news about them is hushed.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
seems to me that the phenomena is well known and has been adequately described here as a simple digital overload. Not very convincing as a miracle, i think God can do better.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join