It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle of the Sun at Medjugorje on Video

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Palasheea,

Those are some excellent photos but they show the cross without any apparent nodules or straps. The lightning rod is the only thing I see in these photos, and they are recent ones, taken in 2003 and 2004 according to the captions below the photos at the link you provided. So, it seems things are being attached then removed...basically just maintenance done on the cross. Nothing there that could make the cross light up as brightly as the one that appears in the video at youtube. Thanks for the good photograhic evidence.

You're welcome! Obviously they've done some renovating on that cross but look how beautiful it looks now! Wow!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
It seems to be a planet in front of the sun. I wish the infrared night shot had been turned on if they had one during that event. Bet there would have been tons of orbs or so called (ufos) everywhere. I'm almost certain of it.

I'm sorry but I feel compelled to add this. A very heavy red flag comes up when I see that people are almost worshipping (sun) or celestial events and touching a stone or wooden idol thats oozing something....saying oooooh and ahhhhh and some even weaping because of it.

Mary, Queen of Heaven is not God..... to me anyways

Call me a heretic

It just doesnt sit well with my spirit

[edit on 27-11-2006 by magnito_student]

It can't be a planet because there is no planet, between Earth and the sun, big enough to occult the entire main body of the sun. Neither Mercury nor Venus could accomplish such an effect.

No one is worshipping any celestial events nor any of the miracles, but it is rather difficult to be nonchalant about the amazing things that God does there. People are naturally filled with wonder at such sights. It is part of being human.

And no one worships the Queen of Heaven Mary. We worship alongside of her the Almighty God who created All things.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

You're welcome! Obviously they've done some renovating on that cross but look how beautiful it looks now! Wow!

It does appear more beautiful in the photos you provided. But imagine how much more wondrous it must be to witness the beautiful miracles and apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. Even though Medjugorje is a rather rugged area of the world it hold the most beatiful "sights" to be seen anywhere in the world.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, I'm definitely going to visit that place someday. My father and brother were deeply impressed by their visit back 17 years ago -- there was no doubt in their minds that everything they witnessed when they were there was supernatural. My father who has since passed away was a medical doctor and even though he was a devout Catholic, he nevertheless always scoffed at anything paranormal but after visiting Medjugorje and witinessing the things he did there, he left that place a changed man.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
people are almost worshipping (sun) or celestial events

Noticing signs in the sky is not a 'worshipping' of a celestial event.
Even CHRIST Himself mentioned that people would notice 'signs in the sky' and to read their meanings. (remember the 'red sky at night .. pink sky in the morning'?? Christ mentioned that in scripture.)

No one said that the sign was God. No one is worshipping them.

touching a stone or wooden idol ...

The Cross on Cross Mountain isn't an idol. Neither are the statues in the churches.
No one worships them. No one is STUPID enough to believe those THINGS are God.

thats oozing something ...

When statues ooze or weep and the church deems that it is without trickery, what is oozed or weeped usually turns out to be human blood or olive oil.

....saying oooooh and ahhhhh and some even weaping because of it.

I'm sure that when the power of God appeared before the Israelites as a pillar of fire and cloud while they ran away from the Egyptians they all went 'ooh and ahh' and I'm sure many of them cried for joy and some probably even shook at the thought of the power of God.

Same when the power of God manifested to the Egyptians and Iraelites in the plagues of Egypt.

etc. etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well, I'm definitely going to visit that place someday.

I have had a hankering to go back. It's been 15 years since we were there. We went before we adopted our daughter. Money is tighter now .. but someday I'd love to take her there. It was a wonderful experience.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well, it's definitely a place I'm going to visit someday but might have to do it soon before air rates go up even more than they are now. I hope you and your family can make that return trip!

[edit on 27-11-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well, it's definitely a place I'm going to visit someday but might have to do it soon before air rates go up even more than they are now. I hope you and your family can make that return trip!

There are some people who make return trips regularly. They just find it such a spiritually moving experience that they don't want to leave and so keep going back. I'll bet some people have probably moved there permanently. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, after all, where better to be than the place where the Mother of Jesus is.It's the next best thing to being with the Lord. In fact, I seem to recall reading about some people having apparitions of Jesus also in Medjugorje. If you go there you may very well be one of those blessed with the apparition of the Blessed Mother or Jesus Himself. You may get a glimpse of Heaven while still on Earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The wonderful realization that Medjugorje opens to us is that the day will come when the entire world will see the same things that are for the present localized in apparitions sites such as Medjugorje. But the future of our world is going to be like Medjugorje. Everywhere we will have communions with Heaven and it's inhabitants. The events at Medjugorje are a small foretaste of the age that is about to dawn all over the world.

After some corrections have been made, and the world is cleansed of the spiritual and physical contaminants that have polluted the hearts of humanity and the air and land and water, the whole world will enter into an age of beauty and wonders and peace. Those who are in the world will be able to accomplish by spiritual means things greater than anything that has been, or can be, accomplished by technological means. People will seem like angels because of the presence of the Holy Spirit in their hearts. This will open our creative abilities and we will produce works of beauty such as the world has never seen. It will be a golden age that will surpass everything that has ever come before.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So we're thinking that the cross once had various bits and bobs on it, but it has since had a rennovation, been painted white and cleaned, etc. I don't know the dates of my photos - they were just the only decent ones google threw at me. Fair enough.

I remain skeptical still, but not as much as before, mainly due to the fact that the video shows a number of reguarly-placed point sources of light on the cross, not the entire cross glowing. I guess unless I see it myself, or can get a video of closer up to see what it looks like, I don't know what it is I am seeing.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's clear to me that we are now approaching an era unlike any that's ever been seen before in the history of mankind. As more time goes by, I expect many reports of visions and supernatural events to occur at that location -- moreso than what we've so far been reading or hearing about from those who have been there. Supernatural activity will step up far beyond what's been happening there thus far.
I'm convinced of this because there are already signs around the world that something really big is going to happen and it's going to happen in our lifetime -- and those messages that are being conveyed in one way or another having to do with the BVM who is saying that we must change our ways and BELIEVE in Jesus' message to the world as stated in the Gospels. The signs are all around us and they are happening everyday to people like you and me and to people who are famous and worldly i.e. Stephen Baldwin-- yet they have somehow stumbled on the TRUTH and are at least attempting to interpret that new found TRUTH to the best of their abilities. We all may not agree on everything but it's those who at least try and surrender their mind and heart to God... where one always aspires to do the decent thing in every situation that arises....
I hope everyone here has the opportunity to visit Medj. but if that's not possible, I'm just saying that one only has to open their minds, their hearts and their eye's to see that what we are looking for is right in front of us.
We need look no further.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It's clear to me that we are now approaching an era unlike any that's ever been seen before in the history of mankind. As more time goes by, I expect many reports of visions and supernatural events to occur at that location -- moreso than what we've so far been reading or hearing about from those who have been there. Supernatural activity will step up far beyond what's been happening there thus far.
I'm convinced of this because there are already signs around the world that something really big is going to happen and it's going to happen in our lifetime -- and those messages that are being conveyed in one way or another having to do with the BVM who is saying that we must change our ways and BELIEVE in Jesus' message to the world as stated in the Gospels. The signs are all around us and they are happening everyday to people like you and me and to people who are famous and worldly i.e. Stephen Baldwin-- yet they have somehow stumbled on the TRUTH and are at least attempting to interpret that new found TRUTH to the best of their abilities. We all may not agree on everything but it's those who at least try and surrender their mind and heart to God... where one always aspires to do the decent thing in every situation that arises....
I hope everyone here has the opportunity to visit Medj. but if that's not possible, I'm just saying that one only has to open their minds, their hearts and their eye's to see that what we are looking for is right in front of us.
We need look no further.

That is perhaps the most important lesson to be learned from the apparitions. It is that God is real. And since He is real we can reach Him from anyplace on Earth or even in the entire cosmos since He is infinite. We can realize that, though there are special places such as Medjugorje where the presence of the Divine is more apparent to everyone, we do not need to be at Medjugorje to reach God. God is omnipresent.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

We need look no further.

That is perhaps the most important lesson to be learned from the apparitions. It is that God is real. And since He is real we can reach Him from anyplace on Earth or even in the entire cosmos since He is infinite. We can realize that, though there are special places such as Medjugorje where the presence of the Divine is more apparent to everyone, we do not need to be at Medjugorje to reach God. God is omnipresent.

Exactly! But it's great that there's a place like Medj. for people to visit because if they've never experienced God before, they most certainly will have that opportunity to have that experience once they get there! God works in many wonderous ways, doesn't HE???
PS -- have errands to run now but will check back here later... great conversation going on here!! will want updates..lol

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
So we're thinking that the cross once had various bits and bobs on it, but it has since had a rennovation, been painted white and cleaned, etc. I don't know the dates of my photos - they were just the only decent ones google threw at me. Fair enough.

I remain skeptical still, but not as much as before, mainly due to the fact that the video shows a number of reguarly-placed point sources of light on the cross, not the entire cross glowing. I guess unless I see it myself, or can get a video of closer up to see what it looks like, I don't know what it is I am seeing.

The final decision about the cross requires more evidence. So, as regards the cross specifically, we have to refrain from drawing a final conclusion. However, I am more inclined to believe than disbelieve simply because there have been so many eye witnesses. This much we can say...even if there are lighting fixtures on the cross, it does not mean that the cross cannot also light up by supernatural means. In other words, anything we can do God can do. Keep your eyes peeled for any more evidence that may arise, because there are always people going to Medjugorje who come back with new videos and photos and they may post them on websites such as youtube or google. Evidence is more plentiful and available because of all the video cams and the internet. We just need to be alert and on the watch for it.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Exactly! But it's great that there's a place like Medj. for people to visit because if they've never experienced God before, they most certainly will have that opportunity to have that experience once they get there! God works in many wonderous ways, doesn't HE???
PS -- have errands to run now but will check back here later... great conversation going on here!! will want updates..lol

I agree that it is wonderful to know that there is a place such as Medjugorje where anyone can go and have spiritual experiences that are as special as those that have been experienced by saints. Yet at Medjugorje such holy experiences are given to almost anyone by the sheer grace of God. Not because we are saints, nor because we have earned it, but simply because we had enough faith to go there. Then after having gone there people become more like the saints. It's as though an inner candle has been lit at Medjugorje....like a place of spiritual fire where ordinary people can ignite their own spiritual flame.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just a word--

Sometimes, we simply have to accept certain things, and phenomina, as they are presented. It needs t be understood that the Miracle of the Sun at this Sacred Place is nothing new, and has a History beginning well before Digital photography.

My Faith is one that does not believe in the "supernatural", meaning that all occurances in Life are a Natural part of the Universal scope and plan. This idea, however, does NOT mean that everything has an explaination, or even needs one, and quite a number of these occurances do not need to be de-bunked. They were/are not "bunk" to start with. If one is to "explain" a phenomina by de-bunking it, then one also needs to explain the explaination, lest someone disprove it.

Lastly, I live on a very sacred piece of land where many Miracles occur. Medjugorje is no different than a lot of other prehistoric Sacred Sites elsewhere in the World; and, yes, it is prehistoric. The Catholic Church has had a habit of building Cathedrals and Icons on top of more ancient Temples, themselves placed in the location as edifices to the sacred nature of the Land they are built upon; land where miraculous events occured regularly over eons of time.

At some point, we need to stop doubting certain things. No, I can't "prove" that Miracles of any type occur. But, what I can do is show you the proof that they did occur, and that by the results. Debunking has a purpose, but so does Belief. When you are shown, or experience, a Miracle, then this is God showing you His presence in the Majesty of His works. Accept it, and be thankful.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox
Just a word--

Sometimes, we simply have to accept certain things, and phenomina, as they are presented. It needs t be understood that the Miracle of the Sun at this Sacred Place is nothing new, and has a History beginning well before Digital photography.

Miracles have been occurring since the beginning of time, after all, the universe was created miraculously by God the Creator. It came into being simply by His command. So, I agree with you that miracles are not something new. It's just that some people have spent their entire lives living in artificial environments where all they see around them are artificial devices and structures that can easily be explained because they were made by men. Because of such limited experience all of their lives some people have no idea that miracles can happen and no experience with them. For such people Miracles such as the ones that take occur in places such as Medjugorje seem like something new. Miracles are not a common event among people who are enveloped by artificial environments and so they require the information to be presented to them through methods such as photographs and videos in an attempt to reveal the true nature of life that prevails outside the borders of their man-made environment of skyscrapers and noisey machines.

My Faith is one that does not believe in the "supernatural", meaning that all occurances in Life are a Natural part of the Universal scope and plan. This idea, however, does NOT mean that everything has an explaination, or even needs one, and quite a number of these occurances do not need to be de-bunked. They were/are not "bunk" to start with. If one is to "explain" a phenomina by de-bunking it, then one also needs to explain the explaination, lest someone disprove it.

The supernatural means to me a sphere of existence that is above the natural. It is a sphere of existence that is not limited by the natural laws of this physical sphere of existence. When a miracle occurs it is an event which has it's cause in the supernatural sphere but it's effect is experienced in the physical. To those in the natural sphere, familiar only with the natural sphere, the effects that have their cause in the supernatural sphere are seen as miracles because looking at them solely from the natural level they have no explanation.

Lastly, I live on a very sacred piece of land where many Miracles occur. Medjugorje is no different than a lot of other prehistoric Sacred Sites elsewhere in the World; and, yes, it is prehistoric. The Catholic Church has had a habit of building Cathedrals and Icons on top of more ancient Temples, themselves placed in the location as edifices to the sacred nature of the Land they are built upon; land where miraculous events occured regularly over eons of time.

Some people are more attuned to the supernatural level of life than others and for them miracles occur more frequently. You are that kind of person judging by what you tell me. I would appreciate it if you could tell us about some of those miracles which you have experienced on your sacred land.

At some point, we need to stop doubting certain things. No, I can't "prove" that Miracles of any type occur. But, what I can do is show you the proof that they did occur, and that by the results. Debunking has a purpose, but so does Belief. When you are shown, or experience, a Miracle, then this is God showing you His presence in the Majesty of His works. Accept it, and be thankful.

Of course. At some point evidence can reach a level where it is silly to deny the real occurrance of inexplainable events, but some people have become so conditioned to doubting and materialistic thinking through their upbringing and envelopment by artificial environment that they become almost unable to believe anything. For such people a miracle can be very frightening and they try to deny it and forget it and pretend that it didn't happen...even when they experience them.

Absolutely agree that God is to be thanked for the wonders He works for us. And that is one of the reasons that Medjugorje is such a precious place -- it is a place of miracles -- almost a miracle in itself -- and for that, I am extremely grateful to God.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox

What's so interesting about this is when the Church would do that, a syncretism of Catholicism and those belief systems that were practiced by those who lived in those areas at that time occurred yet, those icons of Christianity apparently were able to manifest in one form or another so as to completely overshadow those pre-existing pagan beliefs that existed amongst those people during those times. It is for this reason, Christianity continued to inexplicably gain momentum where eventually it evolved into the dominating religion of the western world... and beyond. I'm talking about the very beginnings of this religion before it became an intricate part of politics and so on -- and before it became corrupted. There's a reason why Christianity spread like wild fire across whole continents where conversions took place on an unprecedented scale amongst believers of religions that were far removed from anything like what Christianity was presenting. Yet, it happened.... visions, miracle's, inexplicable Christian related apparitions and so on. This is what those in the past witnessed yet very little of it has been put down in writing simply because most could not even write back then. It's part of the unwritten history of Christianity but we know these things happened because those stories were passed on orally and were also incorporated into those artistic visual representations of which ever culture it somehow blended into.
In this regard, the power of Christianity speaks for itself.
You are not going to win over whole populations of people who belong to a culturally entrenched religion of some sort to another religion that's far removed from it unless there's some kind of proof/evidence on some level that indicates that the new religion is the right way to go. This is what happened in those days when Christianity was just making itself known in this world.....

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Palasheea,

If you do decide to go to Medjugorje please do not forget to take a camera and video cam with you, and take LOTS of photos of everything especially any apparitions or miraculous phenomena. Video and photos are very good learning tools and there is alot to learn about that place.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Palasheea,

If you do decide to go to Medjugorje please do not forget to take a camera and video cam with you, and take LOTS of photos of everything especially any apparitions or miraculous phenomena. Video and photos are very good learning tools and there is alot to learn about that place.

I certainly will and if you go -- the same goes to you too! Hmmmm, maybe I will check out those current pilgrim packages just to get some idea what the rates are these days.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join