It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
As i suggested from the outset of this incident, these guys arnt Imams they are just money grabbin Islamofascists giving the wider Muslim community a bad name.

Send them to Gitmo.

HERE

WASHINGTON, Dec. 11 (UPI) -- Five of six Muslim imams who were taken off a US Airways flight in Minneapolis last month want an out-of-court settlement from the airline for the ordeal.

I bet they have some fascist little organisation they wish to channel the funds to if they are successful to help support there little quest of destroying the West and everything non-muslim.

They should at the very least get charged with inciting fear, psycological Terrorism and fraud for attempting to set the Airline up for a lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
As i suggested from the outset of this incident, these guys arnt Imams they are just money grabbin Islamofascists giving the wider Muslim community a bad name.

Send them to Gitmo.

HERE

WASHINGTON, Dec. 11 (UPI) -- Five of six Muslim imams who were taken off a US Airways flight in Minneapolis last month want an out-of-court settlement from the airline for the ordeal.

I bet they have some fascist little organisation they wish to channel the funds to if they are successful to help support there little quest of destroying the West and everything non-muslim.

They should at the very least get charged with inciting fear, psycological Terrorism and fraud for attempting to set the Airline up for a lawsuit.

That comment "send them to Gitmo" is a bit extreme. Do you have any proof this is related to terrorist activities?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
Do you have any proof this is related to terrorist activities?

The answer to your question can be found below. It has been brought up several times in subsequent posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The article the post referenced to mentions Robert Spencer as its source for the information regarding the Imam. Have you ever visited Jihadwatch? He is far from being an "Islamic Scholar." The only use of his site is to promote hate propoganda against Muslims and Middle Easterners. If he is a scholar, why has he not spoken about the religion itself, rather than the actions of those who claim to be Muslim?

Regarding the Imam, he is not a terrorist. He left that organization after the FBI listed it as a terrorist funding organization. He said his reason for leaving is that no true Muslim would advocate murdering their fellow man.

“If they claim they are Muslim, they are wrong,” Mr. Shahin said yesterday in a telephone interview. “Despite what religion they claim, even if they are all Arabs, to say they are Muslims is wrong, completely wrong.

“We have been asked by God and by the prophet Muhammad to respect all human life. The Koran is very clear, to save one life he saves all human life, and whoever kills one person, he kills all humankind, and that is what Islam is all about.”

Source, from the same website the post you linked to quotes from:
www.jihadwatch.org...

[edit on 14-12-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The article the post referenced to mentions Robert Spencer as its source for the information regarding the Imam.

Say What? Didn't you bother check the reference links on the page as to where the information came from? I linked to the worldnetdaily which in turn linked to the US government.

www.ustreas.gov...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'm not disputing that the organization is under investigation by the government. What I am disputing is that Robert Spencer can be considered as a credible source on Islam as a Muslim Scholar.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'm not disputing that the organization is under investigation by the government. What I am disputing is that Robert Spencer can be considered as a credible source on Islam as a Muslim Scholar.

You can despute it all you want.

That will not change the fact he holds a masters degree (MA) that states he is an expert on religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12/14/2006 by shots]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
You can despute it all you want.

That will not change the fact he holds a masters degree (MA) that states he is an expert on religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

It says there that he wrote his MA thesis on the conversion of John Henry Newman to Catholocism.

My mother has a PhD in Linguistic anthropology, but that doesn't mean she can speak Cantonese.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

It says there that he wrote his MA thesis on the conversion of John Henry Newman to Catholocism.

So according to your logic he should have written one on Islam? Sorry but I do not think that is how it works, but nice try.

My mother has a PhD in Linguistic anthropology, but that doesn't mean she can speak Cantonese.

But that will not negate the fact that she has a degree in the study of languages will it?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
So according to your logic he should have written one on Islam? Sorry but I do not think that is how it works, but nice try.

Actually, that's pretty much how it works. When your field of study is specific to one aspect of a field, your focus maintains on that particular study. You may know some of the basics of other aspects, but your thesis is where your focus lies.

But that will not negate the fact that she has a degree in the study of languages will it?

But Cantonese is a far stretch from what she studied specifically, much like Islam is different than where he focused his studies.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Actually, that's pretty much how it works. When your field of study is specific to one aspect of a field, your focus maintains on that particular study. You may know some of the basics of other aspects, but your thesis is where your focus lies.

That would not be true if his masters was in Comparative Scriptures.

Comparative Scriptures. The specialized MA degree program in Comparative Scriptures is designed to give students a strong foundation in the scholarly study of scriptures and their histories, including the Hebrew Bible and the Ancient Near East, the New Testament and early Christianity, and the Qur�an and early Islam.

Source

As you can see if it was in Comparative Scriptures he would be qualified in Islam since it covers more then just one religion.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
However, it wasn't, otherwise his thesis would have had something to do with comparative scriptures. It dealt solely with a single religion, and not Islam.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Robert Spencer only highlights the actions of Muslims and provides references from Islamic texts where these acts are justified from the perspective of these "terrorists". These happen to be the very same texts the "extremists" use to justify their actions. There has never been an occasion that I've seen anything he has said turned out to be wrong. He is a credible and valuable source of information about what's going on with these so called 'extremists".

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm extremely proud of USAirways for NOT kowtowing to political correctness and the obfuscation of CAIR by apologising. My only hope now is that if they can prove these Imams were simply being obnoxious pains in the butt that they sue them collectively for the costs of having to divert that jet.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It dealt solely with a single religion, and not Islam.

And you know this how? I did not read it and I doubt you did, so kindly produce his thesis word for word that proves he made no mention of other religions. Until then all we have is speculation.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Shots we are just arguing with people that will Blindly defend there Religion and virtually anyone that submits to it.

You could go out tomorrow and Buy copy of the Koran, Study it, Grow a Beard, Slap on a Hat and call yourself an Imam and no one would be the wiser or question it.

YET you could be a Doctor of Theology, and an Expert on Islamic Text, but if your a NoN Muslim ( Just like the Majority of the Planet) you will be labled as knowing nothing about Islam, your opinion will be irrelevant, and youd be called racist if you (despite your expert status) you denounced or Questioned anything to do with Islamic teachings.

No win Situation ..........

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Shots we are just arguing with people that will Blindly defend there Religion and virtually anyone that submits to it.

I'm not muslim.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I'm not muslim.

Well in that case you couldnt possibly know anything about Islam then could you ??

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'm not muslim.

Well ya sure fooled me

-------

For those interested there is now a complete police report available on line that makes it very clear that everyone except the Iman agree they were up to no good.

Police Report, Passenger Reveals That Flying Imams Were Up to No Good

Another side note on this. According to FOX news some passengers may sue the Iman, but I am unable to confirm that with a link. The report was a promo for one of their nitght shows that is allegedly going to carry the information. I think they mentioned Cauvuto (sp?).

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't believe these Imams are terrorists. I believe they are simply agent provocateurs planted for the sole purpose of engendring the [preceived] victimhood of Muslims and using political correctness to further their cause. As I stated in a previous post; I hope USAirways sues them for the total cost of diverting that jet.

I also want to point out that not one post in this thread does DJMessiah (a self proclaimed "peaceful" and "moderate" Muslim") criticize the behavior of those Imams. The reason is because it is Haraam (forbidden) for any Muslim to criticize Islam, in any way, lest he becomes an apostate himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join