It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And now it sounds like a defeatist attitude. The security checks did work, and the person who perceived a risk was a passenger who felt uncomfortable around a Muslim. There was no actual threat. So the only reason that the passengers were pulled was because of an irrational fear.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And now it sounds like a defeatist attitude.

Nope, just waiting for some better ideas. Got any?

The security checks did work, and the person who perceived a risk was a passenger who felt uncomfortable around a Muslim.

No, it was the crew that was concerned as well, and they would know about the checked luggage, the one way tickets, etc. One paranoid passenger is not gonna get them pulled.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
I don’t care if u think different because that’s another topic in another forum and frankly I don’t need to waste my time with a nut who believe in that stuff anyway.

Remember how we were talking about open discussion? You've just cut its legs off. How on earth can we accomplish anything if people aren't willing to talk??

So lets just say that the attacks were real ok? And since they were....it WAS the islamics that changed the attitude of americans toward islamics in the first place.

You know very well this is still up for debate. So to automatically assume that it was islamic terrorists is pompous and ignorant because we do not know all the facts.

i'm sorry but the world isn't all peaches and roses. People are nasty to each other and that's the way it is. The world is a cruel place. Survival of the fittest right? if you think about it, the people that are nice to everyone all the time get screwed over in the end. I've seen that only the most ruthless people get to the top.

Yes, and I've noticed this pathetic feature of humanity as well.

My point is that the world DOES NOT have to be this way.

If you want to admit defeat and submit, fine. That's your right and choice.

I, however, refuse to accept our current position as indefinite reality. There is more to life than selifsh greed. More to the spirit of simply being a human...

reason people aren't scared of busniess people is because last time i checked, businessmen didn't strap explosives to themselves and detonate them.

You're right.. they rape and pillage and screw over people left and right. They don't outright kill them, they just make life harder for everyone else because of their selfish greed.

so i will NOT learn about islam or the koran or any of that stuff. If anything they should pick up a rap cd, and buy the grand thef auto game and learn about my value system and my culture.

So you are outright refusing to educate yourself? You are actually admitting to willing ignorance????

Then you have no right to tell me or anyone else about what Islam does or does not do with their women, their people, how they live their lives simply because YOU REFUSE TO LEARN.

Why should they extend their minds to you and your so-called 'culture/values' if you're not willing to do the same?

Respect, tolerance, civility -- these are TWO WAY streets.

Wait...
.....your culture and value system are based on rap cds and video games?

....Seriously?

*shudders*

There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling right now... I am so stupified by this that I'm actually speechless.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And now it sounds like a defeatist attitude.

Nope, just waiting for some better ideas. Got any?

Considering the ignorance that has leeched into this discussion from other members, I say the first step is education.

Besides that -- why bemoan the situation at all? Work towards changing it!

The change has to come from the people (obviously hoping for change from the govt. will not work), so BE the change you wish you see! Walk up to these people and talk to them, or go out and get books and learn, talk to random people on the street about their views and figure out where their logic is falling short.

Sad thing is that we'll be labelled terrorists. I was actually questioned tonight for picking up books about islamic history, culture and religion.. unreal. But, I refuse to just roll over because someone else is weary about it. Let them be. And let them realize their mistake when they are proven wrong.

No, it was the crew that was concerned as well, and they would know about the checked luggage, the one way tickets, etc. One paranoid passenger is not gonna get them pulled.

Okay, let us review the words of the article (waaaay back on page 1):

An airport police report said the flight's captain had already decided he wanted the men off the plane after the passenger passed a flight attendant a note pointing out "Arabic men."

Witnesses said the men prayed in the terminal and made critical comments about the
Iraq war, according to the police report, and a US Airways manager said three of the men had only one-way tickets and no checked baggage.

An airport police officer and a federal air marshal agreed that the combination of circumstances was suspicious, and eventually asked the men to leave the airplane, the police report said.

"There were a number of things that gave the flight crew pause," Airport spokesman Patrick Hogan said. It wasn't immediately possible to verify whether the passengers who reported suspicious activity witnessed it themselves.

Okay. So..

they had absolutely no luggage (aka - nothing on-board with which to blow the plane up).

they had one-way tickets. (...how does it raise suspicion if they had no bomb? maybe they're coming for an extended visit -- then the only question to be raised is whether they have the proper paperwork.)

"It wasn't immediately possible to verify whether the passengers who reported suspicious activity witnessed it themselves" (aka - no conclusive proof)

Fine that people are scared. But I do not see any single logical reason why these men should have been removed from the plane.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria
Work towards changing it!

Like I said, any ideas, besides reading about Islam, would be welcomed by me with open arms...

Walk up to these people and talk to them, or go out and get books and learn, talk to random people on the street about their views and figure out where their logic is falling short.

I'm not ignorant of the religion of Islam, I have muslim friends and I have a fairly decent understanding of it. It's not the religion of Islam that is the problem, it's the corrupt men who have hijacked it and preached an extreme and negative interpretation of it, same problem plagues many religions. The problem is, there's really no way to know by looking who subscribes to the perversions of them.

Sad thing is that we'll be labelled terrorists.

I don't really care, as soon as somebody comes up with a solid plan to unite the people of the world against all the corrupt powers that are destroying it, I'm there. I would love nothing more than to see everybody living and thriving regardless of what country they live in. Problem is, they've come up with so many ways to divide us all, we have to watch our backs because there's always somebody who hates you.

Okay. So..

they had absolutely no luggage (aka - nothing on-board with which to blow the plane up).

Not all bombs need to be packed in luggage. Who knows whether or not they've come up with a way to divide all the parts needed amongst themselves using plastic explosives and a simple electronic device such as a wrist watch or cell phone, and then assemble them on the plane.

they had one-way tickets. (...how does it raise suspicion if they had no bomb? maybe they're coming for an extended visit -- then the only question to be raised is whether they have the proper paperwork.)

Again, they are always trying to figure out ways to get past security, so anything that seems suspicious should be looked into thoroughly IMO.

"It wasn't immediately possible to verify whether the passengers who reported suspicious activity witnessed it themselves" (aka - no conclusive proof)

Of course not, anytime somebody makes an accusation it's impossible to immediately verify anything, things need to be checked out.

Fine that people are scared. But I do not see any single logical reason why these men should have been removed from the plane.

Well, if everything that was said was true, I disagree and think there was logical reason, and then they should have been given compensation for their trouble if everything checked out. It's better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

That is a fact...I can’t just go up to the middle of times square, pull out a megaphone and yell that I’m going to set off a nuclear bomb and kill the president and rape his mom...I’d be thrown in jail.

The imams did no such thing. Not even close to this. They did not threaten anyone. If at all, they discussed the situtation in Iraq among themselves, which almost every American does on a daily basis. No threats, No screams, No preachings, therefore, No case.

So yes there IS a freedom of speech limit. What that limit should be.....is anyones call really.

Anyone's call? really? I understood that you were allowed to speak your mind as long as you do not threaten anyone.

But the point is you can NOT say ANY and EVERY thing you want to say in a PUBLIC place. There will be consequences.

Yes you can say anything as long as your words are not directly threatening

People cling to that freedom of speech thing...when in fact it’s only really freedom of private speech.

Private Speech? What is that? Do you even know your own rights????

Why do you think TV is cencored? Because some people will be offended by some things. I don’t fully agree with it, but the fact is that there is a limit as to how much freedom of speech you have.

Again, you throw all these points but you fail to show exactly what was offensive about the imams????

The islamic beliefs associated with negativity....are those who take islam to the extreame and become TERRORISTS. That fundamental islam garbage, is more rampant in the world than u think.

And you are a scholar and an expert in Islam to be able to claim this? You know anything about Islam or muslims?

Why do you think all those little middle eastern countries have so much violence? Because they fight over which version of the koran is right, and have been fighting about it for CENTURIES.

Most of them are fighting for freedom from the US who has occupied them illegally. There is no fighting over Quran. Do you even know anything at all about this subject???? And what does this have to do with the imams???

The middle east is a cesspool of ignorance and violence.

Correction. Replace middle east with America.

And if u don’t believe me...just look how the real muslims treat their women! They make them wear veils, and treat them as second class citizens! I’m sorry, but no religon that does that to women is a good religion. And of course there are those who feel the need to strap a bomb to themself and blow theyself up outside a pizza shop or something. So yes, there are a lot of VERY negative things associated with islam and their people.

Wow, so this is your definition of Islam. Where did you graduate from, Fox News University? Go and learn about Islam before making such claims. Again, what does this have to do with the imams?

Look I dunno why u think america brought it on theyself or whatever. U apparently don’t agree that the terrorists changed america....look we’re not gonna speculate on 911 and what u believe about that. So for this debate we are going to say that the 911 attacks were real and orchestrated by real islamic terrorists. I don’t care if u think different because that’s another topic in another forum and frankly I don’t need to waste my time with a nut who believe in that stuff anyway.

So you want to have a discussion by setting your own judgement on the table even before we start??? And ya, it does matter who caused 9/11 because thats the time when you guys started stereotyping muslims on a very large scale.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So lets just say that the attacks were real ok?

Lets say they were not.

And since they were....it WAS the islamics that changed the attitude of americans toward islamics in the first place.

No, it was your government who did that.

And lets talk about the whole “if u are offended u should leave” thing....well look at it like this, people had NO IDEA what they were saying. Was it a racist or bad prayer? Probably not...but the point is if they are speaking a different language we don’t know what they are saying.

And thats your justification!?? And you call me a nut. Im having a hard time keeping a straight face replying to you. Clearly you are a nut who fell out of a dumb tree, and I hope I can fill something sensible in your empty skull.

P.S.: Mods, as you noticed, I only use such replies when people resort to name calling because thats the language they understand.

Yes unfortunatley half if they come to this country knowing what happen on 911, and what happens in their little middle eastern states...then they will have to deal sometimes with thigns like this happening.

So, now you claim that you know better than them!??? The people actually have lived in these 'bad bad' countries??? Have u ever been to middle east? Have u ever lived thr?? Do you have any idea about them other than from your propoganda filled TV?

Not because it's right, but because it's a fact that radical islam does exit in the world today in a very violent and dangerous part of the world.

OOO, the big bad dangerous part of the world. Only thing that exists is greed for power. Religion is just a scape goat, an excuse.

So people coming from that section of the world need to be watched carefully and sometimes things like this are gonna happen, as to prevent another attack from happening.

Do you have any idea how many people your country is killig everyday in that 'bad' part of the world??? DO you know how many illegal wars and occupations they carry out. And if people get pissed and fight back, they become terrorists.

I'd rather offend or discriminate against a few muslims than have another 911 happen.

You offending and discriminating will increase chances of pissing someone off and carrying an attack on you. You dont F with a sleeping dog to piss him off, you walk away slowly.

i'm sorry but the world isn't all peaches and roses. People are nasty to each other and that's the way it is. The world is a cruel place. Survival of the fittest right? if you think about it, the people that are nice to everyone all the time get screwed over in the end. I've seen that only the most ruthless people get to the top.

So why do you expect muslims to be 'nice' to you if you cannot do same.

reason people aren't scared of busniess people is because last time i checked, businessmen didn't strap explosives to themselves and detonate them.

A terrorist could come up in a plane and blow # up. After that incident would you start kicking all business class people off the plane?
Again, what does this have to do with the imams? They went thru security checks. Guess what, no bomb!

I wanted to write more but I gtg. I’ll write more later..but let me end with this.
IF a person comes to america from a forgein land..they have to adapt to OUR culture, and OUR value system...not the other way around. There’s no reason I have to adapt to them because they are foreigners in MY country.

Your country???? Didnt you also kill people to occupy that land???? And arent the imams US citizens, by your logic its their country too.

They have to abide by american standards, and accept that americans may not like certain things they do. If they don’t like it they can go right back to the middle east. I’m sorry if that’s offensive but I firmly believe in NOT changing my belief sytem to accomadate others that came to my country. there's no reason i should have to. they need to change, not me.

Ofcourse your majesty.

so i will NOT learn about islam or the koran or any of that stuff. If anything they should pick up a rap cd, and buy the grand thef auto game and learn about my value system and my culture.

HAHAHAHAHA. Rap CD??? grand theft auto??? Thats your culture you say. OMG I cant believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life replying to you. I want them back!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
and....it appears that there may be more to the story.
the airlines are speaking up, claiming that the six little immans were doing a little more than just praying. things like not sitting in their assigned seats, asking for seat belts extenders that weren't needed, things that would set off the alarm bells to begin with..

www.washtimes.com...
and I heard about the protests last night on the news.....
and they want congress to pass a new law, that would prohibit profiling by the airways...
all I can say is when they pass a law prohibiting the airlines from doing something when six little immans board a plane, seat themselves in such a way that they are guarding all the exits, asking for seat belt extenders for no reason, ect. ect.....well, they might as well leave the mother and her baby's bottles alone also! as well as my shampoo, deoderant, and the like....

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
www.washtimes.com...

Good find Dawnstar you really should have quoted a portion because many will not even click on the link. For those who want to remain ignorant here are the juicy parts..I have highlighted what they did wrong and I would tend to think we will be hearing more on this issue.

How the imams terrorized an airliner

Muslim religious leaders removed from a Minneapolis flight last week exhibited behavior associated with a security probe by terrorists and were not merely engaged in prayers, according to witnesses, police reports and aviation security officials.

Witnesses said three of the imams were praying loudly in the concourse and repeatedly shouted "Allah" when passengers were called for boarding US Airways Flight 300 to Phoenix.

Passengers and flight attendants told law-enforcement officials the imams switched from their assigned seats to a pattern associated with the September 11 terrorist attacks and also found in probes of U.S. security since the attacks -- two in the front row first-class, two in the middle of the plane on the exit aisle and two in the rear of the cabin.

"That would alarm me," said a federal air marshal who asked to remain anonymous. "They now control all of the entry and exit routes to the plane."

A pilot from another airline said: "That behavior has been identified as a terrorist probe in the airline industry."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Based on this new information I would say the airline was more then justified for removing them just for the shouting and changing to unassigned seats alone.

Oh and make sure you read page two it gets better yet

Obviously thiese imans were not as innocent as they claimed.

[edit on 11/28/2006 by shots]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here are some quotes from the article link you gave.

Witnesses said three of the imams were praying loudly in the concourse and repeatedly shouted "Allah" when passengers were called for boarding US Airways Flight 300 to Phoenix. "I was suspicious by the way they were praying very loud," the gate agent told the Minneapolis Police Department.

Were they shouting 'Allah' or merely saying it??? We do not know.
Arabs use Allah in like every sentence. Its even used as exclamation. Like when someone says 'Jesus'.
Someone lifting a heavy weight would grunt and say 'jesus, this is heavy!'

Same way arabs use Allah daily in almost every sentence. They must have said allah when getting up to board the plane.

If they were praying loudly, then I am sure some passengers must have gotten worried or suspicious. Why didn't anyone report this to the officials before boarding the plane?? If people were so scared then why not try and stop them before even boarding the plane and risking their lives. It was only one passenger who gave that note which caused this incident. If he had not given the note, then they would have flown without any delay or disturbance. So if 'witnesses' were suspicious, why didn't anyone try to alert the officials and communicate their concern BEFORE boarding and why risk thier life by flying in the plane.
Obviously, these 'witnesses' were not concerned about their lives or suspicious until after the note was passed to the flight attendant. So we should look at the events after the flight boarding.

Prayer is supposed to be loud enough for the other people praying to be able to listen and follow the leading person. But how loud was it?

Was it very loud? if yes, then why didnt anyone show concerns before boarding and risking their life by flying with terrorists. Surely, if any of the passengers had any doubt in mind, they would have said something before boarding.

Obviously, nothign was reported before boarding, so the prayer accusation is irrelevant. The events after boarding the plane caused concerns so lets consider those.

Passengers and flight attendants told law-enforcement officials the imams switched from their assigned seats to a pattern associated with the September 11 terrorist attacks and also found in probes of U.S. security since the attacks -- two in the front row first-class, two in the middle of the plane on the exit aisle and two in the rear of the cabin.

To change their seats, the imams would have to either request a flight attendant or the passenger to make the switch.

I am pretty sure that out of 6 seats that the imams wanted to 'control' the entry/exits. Atleast one would have a passenger on it. So, when these imams switched seats allegdly, they must have requested a passenger to switch with them. How come no passenger came forward to claim that the imams wanted to switch. Flight attendants do not even allow seat switching before plane takes off. Passengers almost never give up their seats at least until they have taken off. And to an arab person who they are so scared of, they would never give up their seat.

Can someone please tell me how did the imams kick the passengers out of the exit seats and sat in their seats without causing a ruckus (which would have been the primary reason to kick them off). But we all know thats not the case, the flight attendants responded to a note rather than a ruckus or seat switching request.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by half_minded]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
Were they shouting 'Allah' or merely saying it??? We do not know.

Say what we do know. The winesses said they shouted.

To change their seats, the imams would have to either request a flight attendant or the passenger to make the switch.

They did request the seats be changed and they were told no, read page two, yet they were found in first class when they were removed from the plane.

I am pretty sure that out of 6 seats that the imams wanted to 'control' the entry/exits. Atleast one would have a passenger on it.

Well you would be wrong in assuming that. Many planes load the first class section last because the plane is loaded from rear to front rather then front to rear as you appear to be assuming.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Three of the men asked for seat-belt extenders, although two flight attendants told police the men were not oversized. One flight attendant told police she "found this unsettling, as crew knew about the six [passengers] on board and where they were sitting." Rather than attach the extensions, the men placed the straps and buckles on the cabin floor, the flight attendant said........The imams who claimed two first-class seats said their tickets were upgraded. The gate agent told police that when the imams asked to be upgraded, they were told no such seats were available. Nevertheless, the two men were seated in first class when removed.

Were the tickets upgraded? We dont know for sure yet.
If they were not upgraded and the Imams were infact terrorists. Why would they make such a dumb obvious mistake. They could have just bought first class ticket in the first place. Surely, if they are smart enough to blow up a plane with a seat belt entension then they would have thought about the seat changing scenario.

Maybe, they were actually upgraded and there was a mix-up in the seating.

The gate agent said the first class seats were unavailable, i.e., some other passenger had those. How did the imams manage to kick those passengers off the seats and take their place?

If the imams got to the seat first then the passenger would have arrived and asked the men to be removed. Why is there no mention of such incident in the report?

I suspect the info in this article is very misleading and raises more questions which it fails to answer clearly.

The imams said they were not discussing politics and only spoke in English, but witnesses told law enforcement that the men spoke in Arabic and English, criticizing the war in Iraq and President Bush, and talking about al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden.

I criticize Bush and Iraq war all the time. Thousands of people do it on a daily basis. So what???

And finally, why is all this info being released now after so long? How ocme none of the other news reports mentioned any of this 'seat switching' before. Surely it would have been an important info when the news first came out. How is this being reported only now, after so long. And please provide more links with this info. I looked and could not find any other news source rport these incidents mentioned in this one.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
And here is something on the author of that article.

blogs.salon.com...

Seems like she aint exactly a trustworthy source. Adding to the fact that except her, no other news report has included all this new 'info' in the article.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The gate agent told police that when the imams asked to be upgraded, they were told no such seats were available. Nevertheless, the two men were seated in first class when removed.

Were the tickets upgraded? We dont know for sure yet.

Again yes we do. Read what it says, they were told no seats were available when they asked

quote]
And finally, why is all this info being released now after so long?

It takes time to read and investiage the written statements/complaints first. In Many cases the info does not come out for months or didn't you know that police never release information regarding ongoing investigations?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Say what we do know. The winesses said they shouted.

Wgat witnesses? Why would the imams shout? If at all, terrorists try to keep a low profile.

If they shouted, then why werent they reported before boarding???

Does not make sense.

They did request the seats be changed and they were told no, read page two, yet they were found in first class when they were removed from the plane.

They did not request for seat change. They said their ticket was upgraded. Read the report again and read my reply and you will get what I am saying.

Originally posted by shotsWell you would be wrong in assuming that. Many planes load the first class section last because the plane is loaded from rear
to front rather then front to rear as you appear to be assuming.

Have u ever been on a plane??? Airlines ALWAYS board first class and business class first. ALWAYS.

Either they have a separate gate for them, or they board them first. This is always the case!!! I have never ever seen it different. And ive travelled a lot!

Lets put it simply.

Ticket upgraded? If yes, then seat available, if no, then not available.
First class boards first, the imams are denied because there is no seat avaiable, ie, no upgraded ticket. Therefore they do not board just yet.
The first class passengers board. Then the imams board and occupy their seats by kicking them out????? I am sure they could not have kicked anyone out as that would have led to atleast a verbal fight. But we know, there was no verbal fight. And obviously the passenger did not give up their first class seats for economy class. Therefore, there were no passsengers in those seats which the imam occupied. Therefore the gate official lied about seats being unavailable. If he lied, then the imams did have upgrades and actually were in those seats which they were denied!!!!!.

See, none of this adds ups. If you stick to the story then it would mean the airport officials lied which automatically discredits them and therefore we cannot believe anything else they say.

Besides, I dont wanna argue this point because only this news reports mentions this and the author's credibility is questionable. I will wait a little for other major news reports to come up with more info on this before arguing any further. For now, it can be seen clearly that this new report is full of crap.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

They did not request for seat change. They said their ticket was upgraded. Read the report again and read my reply and you will get what I am saying.

Hmm you forgot to mention they were told there were no seats available
So pehaps you should read it again.

Have u ever been on a plane??? Airlines ALWAYS board first class and business class first. ALWAYS.

Yup have flown over a million miles and you are wrong not all planes load first class first, many load the rear seats first simply to avoid congestion in the isles.

This is always the case!!! I have never ever seen it different. And ive travelled a lot!

No it is not see above.

As for you other post that information is from a blog and they are known to be biased in fact I tend to think after reading only a portion it may have been put up by a supporter of islam but I have no way of telling that for sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Shots,

Since you did not read the important part of my post, here it is again.

Ticket upgraded? If yes, then seat available, if no, then not available.
First class boards first, the imams are denied because there is no seat avaiable, ie, no upgraded ticket. Therefore they do not board just yet.
The first class passengers board. Then the imams board and occupy their seats by kicking them out????? I am sure they could not have kicked anyone out as that would have led to atleast a verbal fight. But we know, there was no verbal fight. And obviously the passenger did not give up their first class seats for economy class. Therefore, there were no passsengers in those seats which the imam occupied. Therefore the gate official lied about seats being unavailable. If he lied, then the imams did have upgrades and actually were in those seats which they were denied!!!!!.

Explain this first.

And no, planes always board first class first

Regardless of who boarded first. If the imams did occupy a seat which was unavailable then where is the passenger whose seat it was. Why is there no mention of him in the report?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Hmm you forgot to mention they were told there were no seats available
So pehaps you should read it again.

I did mention. I wrote:

First class boards first, the imams are denied because there is no seat avaiable,

You obviously are not even reading my posts before replying to me. That itslefs discredits you replies. Please offer a better argument and a better source. So far, this is the only news report in which I have seen this 'info' which no other major news has reported. So until we have multiple credible sources, and until we have the whole story, stick to the known facts.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Regardless of who boarded first. If the imams did occupy a seat which was unavailable then where is the passenger whose seat it was. Why is there no mention of him in the report?

Perhaps stuck in traffic or otherwise running late? Perhaps a last minute change of plans? I don't really understand where you're going with this, maybe you're saying the airline was just lying and the imams were seated correctly and they made it all up because they were muslim? Even though, as the article states, muslims pray before flights ALL the time without ANY incident. Why is it SO hard to just accept they may have been acting suspiciously plain and simple? I am well aware MANY of my people act like idiots, commit crimes and do just plain stupid things and I would never feverishly try and cry foul when somebody becomes suspicious of a group of them acting strangely simply because we share the same ethnic background, religion, or whatever. It's just ridiculous.

And I cannot think of a SINGLE reason why seatbelt extenders would be needed by regular sized men, not ONE reason, that's extremely bizarre to me. Could they be used as a weapon or maybe to tie somebody up? I've never seen one so if anybody has perhaps they can shed some light on what else they could be used for, peaceful or not....

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am trying to see the possibilities.

As I said, this is the only news report which mentions the seat switching, so I will wait before I start arguing. I want to wait for some more major credible sources to supply the full story.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join