It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Post one such incident in which a non-muslim was removed rom flight due to something FAR LESS than this.

The summary of the first episode it states this :

An airline supervisor must handle a passenger who's drunk at 7 a.m., and a colleague has the delicate task of telling a passenger that he smells too bad to travel. In this high-flying new series, we provide viewers with complete access to the inner workings and emotional stories behind the daily workings of Southwest Airlines--from individual passenger's tales and dramatic reunions to action at the counter between passengers and employees.

I certainly would say that smelling bad is a bit less of an offense than provoking passangers and airline officials.

Originally posted by xEphon
Using your own logic, we shouldnt allow traditional african american, buddhist monk, priests, nuns, or any other person of cloth to be allowed to wear their religious attire on a flight because it may be offensive to another persons religous beliefs or be misconstrued to represent some other sterotypical nonsense such as looking arab = terrorist.

Sure, I would support that as soon as all of the african americans, buddhists, monks, priests, nuns and any other people of cloth begin screaming death to the infidels, openly stating they want the evil ones dead, and begin declaring holy wars on me...sure!

I am willing to bet that most of the posters here, including the ignorant and scared over nothing person who wrote the letter, has never interacted with a muslim before because if you have you would not be acting and thinking the way you do.

Who hasn't interacted with a muslim? This is America, where you interact with people of all cultures on a daily basis...including muslims. It certainly doesn't change the fact that they could very well have known that their actions were only provoking the other passengers by playing on their fears...however illogical they may be.

Edit- I am still new to the multiple quotes

[edit on 24-11-2006 by YoBrandonRaps]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
correct Defcon5 and let that be the end of this ooooo sooo dragged out argument

[edit on 24-11-2006 by PlayeR87]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
An airline supervisor must handle a passenger who's drunk at 7 a.m., and a colleague has the delicate task of telling a passenger that he smells too bad to travel.

Ofcourse drunk passengers can be dangerous because their judgement is impaired. No comparison.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In this ONE case, it 'MAY" have been an overreaction...BUT......

We all read about the Muslim terrorist shoe bomber......

We all read about the Muslim terrorist plan to blow up many "British Passenger" airlines while over the ocean.

We have all read about the Muslim terrorist suicide bombers in Israel, Iraq....

We have read about the Muslim terrorist who killed so many "CHILDREN” and teachers in Russia

We have all read about the Muslim terrorist who have blown up boats and such in the Philippines

We have all read about the Muslim terrorist who blew up........................

I am sure you can clearly see my point here.

Was this a case of paranoia or real world fear installed by Muslim terrorist across the globe?

If you want to blame the "Guilty Party" blame are the murderous Muslim terrorits!

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
No I havent watched and it does not matter. This is a different case. In this case, I do not see any reasons for having the men removed. Still if you want to make a point, Post one such incident in which a non-muslim was removed rom flight due to something FAR LESS than this.

Oh but is does matter your ignrance is showing and I mean no offense there. I linked to an episode that gave the very example you are asking for.

An airline supervisor must handle a passenger who's drunk at 7 a.m., and a colleague has the delicate task of telling a passenger that he smells too bad to travel.

Source

Note he smelled bad.

Anita has had to remove Thomas from a flight. He was on his way to join his own family on a cruise, but had took off his shirt on the flight and was considered intoxicated.
Source

Now if you would do as I suggested and watch some of the episodes you would find it is routine to remove passengers from flights for far less reasons then this.

The indivdual show guides do not list all, but I can assure you most of the episodes had one and some cases more one removed from the same flight for various reasons that were far less of an issue then this.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by shots]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
1) Dress in casual, or business casual clothing. Nothing that is going to be considered inappropriate. (We have seen folks removed because of poor clothing choices before on this site. Ex: the woman that wore an obscene anti-bush shirt)

Dressing in your traditional dress in not inappropriate. Its a damn flight not a busniess meeting. People are free to wear any clothes that make them confortable.

2) Check in, show ID, answer questions

R u serious? I never carry ID while travelling.

3) Go through security and comply with what they ask of you without any smart-a$$ remarks, arguments, etc.

But i like making smart ass comments. and i luv to f*** with security.

4) Check in at the gate, if you have some seating issue or other then discuss this calmly with the agent, throwing a fit at the gate is grounds to be arrested.

I love to scream BOMB at the gate right before boarding because it gives me kicks.

5) Sit your buttocks in a seat and wait for your flight to board, or go sit in a cafeteria.

What do i do if i need to go to bathroom???

6) Board your flight.

R u serious? I actually have to board the flight? I thought I could just place the bomb on it and then leave.

7) While on your flight sit in your seat and do something to occupy yourself, group bathroom meetings or extensive trips out of your seat are also inappropriate.

HAHAHA. Group bathroom meetings. I used to do that a lot with the ladies. I do keep myself occupied on the plabe however. I read 'Blowing up planes for dummies' while in my seat.

Again throwing a hissy fit or doing anything to make others around you uncomfortable is grounds to have the police waiting for you at the other end.

I love f-ing with the other passengers and also with the police.

Things that are not considered appropriate:
1) unacceptable dress, something that is offensive, something that seems threatening, something that is too revealing, etc.

I like to walk around in my brithday suit.

2) Inappropriate remarks made during the security screening. These account for about 90% of the folks that take a trip to visit the airport police office.

I love to brag about my bomb making techniques with fellow passengers and security personnels.

3) Acting up in the terminal, having a big group prayer meeting, throwing a party, getting in a fight with anyone including the gate agent, running in circles screaming at the top of your lungs like a madman, etc.

But I always celebrate my birthdays at the airprt. I also like to hold a prayer and then run like crazy yelling Allah Huakbar before blowing the plane up.

4) Acting up on the aircraft.

Aircraft is my playground for f-ing with people

Anything that makes anyone feel like they are in danger, or threatened is a definite no-no.

But also a lot of fun!

I would say that getting to the gate, getting on your hands and knees to pray, then standing up and putting on a Kamikaze head-band would also be inappropriate behavior.

But its a required ritual for me to do before I blow the plane up.

P.S.: The points you mentioned are so dumb that I had to F with you. Thanx for the laughs.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Oh but is does matter your ignrance is showing and I mean no offense there.

I dont base my judgements based on TV shows. I use my own common sense and reasoning for each individual case. If the airline acted stupid in other cases, that does not justify they can keep doing it.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Ofcourse drunk passengers can be dangerous because their judgement is impaired. No comparison.

Do you even read what was posted. That was two different passengers one was drunk the other smelled bad, so yes there is a comparison.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Do you even read what was posted. That was two different passengers one was drunk the other smelled bad, so yes there is a comparison.

Do you read???? I said if the airline acted stupid once then it does not justify another similar act. That is why I look at cases individually.

I have seen people kick bums out of convenience stores because they smelled bad but no one kicks ppl out coz of the way they dress. NOT COMPARABLE.

Stop trying to justify one stupid act by showing another one.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I dont base my judgements based on TV shows.

Now that is an easy cop out. The series is a reality TV show where cameras arrive wihtout notice in some case and just start filming various things that took place it is not as if they are made up or following a script.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Now that is an easy cop out. The series is a reality TV show where cameras arrive wihtout notice in some case and just start filming various things that took place it is not as if they are made up or following a script.

You are the one taking the easy cop out by using another stupid act to justify this one. Stick to the case we are discussing.

If someone travelled naked and smelled bad then everyone immediately around him/her is affected. But dressing traditionally and praying without getting in anyone's way is not grounds for getting kicked off the plane. Its called sharing space.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by half_minded]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Dressing in your traditional dress in not inappropriate. Its a damn flight not a busniess meeting. People are free to wear any clothes that make them confortable.

No they are not, maybe you should check the fine print on your ticket, and review the instances where folks have been removed from flights for inappropriate dress.

As to the rest, I assume that you're just trolling.

If you think that there are no rules to follow when flying you need to check that ticket, you would be surprised at what some of the rules are. Flying is a privilege not a right and they can remove you when it is deemed appropriate. Airlines are companies and just like any company when you disrupt the business you can be removed.

P.S.: The points you mentioned are so dumb that I had to F with you. Thanx for the laughs.

My answers are not dumb, believe me I used to be a ramp supervisor myself. Now you can sit and believe that you’re correct, but its only your belief, what I am telling you is a fact. I have seen it done and have had to call the AP myself a few times.

Bet you did not know that on the back of your ticket it explains that if an airline goes on strike before your return trip, they don’t have to bother to get you back home, either…

Read that fine print then post back on here, you’ll be shocked at what you might learn is fact as opposed to what you believe.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

[You are the one taking the easy cop out by using another stupid act to justify this one. Stick to the case we are discussing.

Say what? You are the one that asked for an example and that is just what I gave.

You might think it is stupid, but that is not the point. The point is in that case one passenger was removed because he smelled which is far less reason then this was. Your Ignorance has been denied.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No they are not, maybe you should check the fine print on your ticket, and review the instances where folks have been removed from flights for inappropriate dress.

As to the rest, I assume that your just trolling.

If you think that there are no rules to follow when flying you need to check that ticket, you would be surprised at what some of the rules are. Flying is a privilege not a right and they can remove you when it is deemed appropriate. Airlines are companies and just like any company when you disrupt the business you can be removed.

Then you should remove every priest, nun, indian saree wearing females, every guy with a jewish cap. What a dumb argument. They were wearing a dress which is not obscene or offensive. Obviously girls cant fly in bikinis. People cant fly naked. Thats what the dress code is about. It does not mean you cant wear your traditional dress which covers you appropriately.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You might think it is stupid, but that is not the point. The point is in that case one passenger was removed because he smelled which is far less reason then this was. Your Ignorance has been denied.

Smelling excessivle bad can affect passengers around you which causes genuine discomfort. Kicking someone off plane for the way they dress is just dumb.

By your logic, I can say that a black man next to me is very intimidating. And that should be grounds enoguh to gety him kicked off.

I cant believe people are so stupid.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Read that fine print then post back on here, you’ll be shocked at what you might learn is fact as opposed to what you believe.

Better yet watch the shows as I suggested and see it happen just as it did with no media messing with the facts. The point you made on reading the fine print was an excellant one

Me thinks this thread has reached an impasse because the author has his mind made up it is wrong and will always be wrong even when proven wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

[Me thinks this thread has reached an impasse because the author has his mind made up it is wrong and will always be wrong even when proven wrong.

Ofcourse. I will never consider discrimination and stupidity a right thing. And you have not proven me wrong. This is a discussion not a war. Even if it were a war, you still havent proven me wrong. Dream on.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
yeah i noticed, half minded you seem to have made up your mind on this matter even though many valid points were made against your argument
your acting like a child

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
half minded is starting to show why he named himself that.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Then you should remove every priest, nun, indian saree wearing females, every guy with a jewish cap. What a dumb argument. They were wearing a dress which is not obscene or offensive. Obviously girls cant fly in bikinis. People cant fly naked. Thats what the dress code is about. It does not mean you cant wear your traditional dress which covers you appropriately.

Unfortunately, just like the Kamikaze headband I mentioned earlier the minority in their population has ruined things for the majority. That style of dress is now considered by most to be related to Radical Muslims, and Radical Muslims have an affinity for blowing things up. I am sorry if that sounds politically incorrect and all, but it is the fact.

Maybe if there had been a huge outcry rather then a big party in the Middle East after 911, and we saw folks over there turning in their neighbors for planning terrorist attacks; folks might feel differently, but unfortunately as I said the minority ruined things for the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join