It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon's minister Assassinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh this is not going to be good,

Lebanon's Industry minister had been assassinated,

News reports are saying he has been shot along with another man,

But the latest is that he has died,(according to souces there)

www.alertnet.org...

More on this as it rolls out,

This happend in Beruit,

he was the son of the former President, Hospitals confirming his death,

[edit on 21-11-2006 by asala]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Lebanese Industry Minister and Maronite Christian leader Pierre Gemayel has been shot in the capital, Beirut, reports say.
Mr Gemayel, a leading anti-Syrian politican, was shot in a street in a Christian suburb of the city and rushed to hospital, Lebanese media reported.

It comes at a time of crisis in Lebanese politics, following the recent resignation of six cabinet ministers.

Mr Gemayel is a member of the Phalange Party, founded by his father, Amin. BBC

Not good at all.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

News BBC

Lebanese Industry Minister and Maronite Christian leader Pierre Gemayel has been shot in the capital, Beirut, reports say.

Mr Gemayel, a leading anti-Syrian politican, was shot in a street in a Christian suburb of the city and rushed to hospital, Lebanese media reported.

It comes at a time of crisis in Lebanese politics, following the recent resignation of six cabinet ministers.

Mr Gemayel is a member of the Phalange Party, founded by his father, Amin.

Apparently the Phalange Party has a History of Assassinations on their Leaders:

Phalange Party

In 1982, under pressure from Israel, which occupied a good deal of Lebanon, Bashir was elected president. Later that year, before talking office, Bashir was assassinated.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't get it, what did he did to get himself killed, he was after all for the well being on the Lebanese nation and he was all for the nations grow.

Even when the nation's deficit before the Israel bombing was high, but their trading was growing.

Is very sad that the country is in the situation that is right now . . . that nation was doing pretty good economically before been attacked.

It makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Politician

Saad al- hariri says " hand of Syria behind this"

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
mmmmmm..... who benefits?

I smell a rat, just like I did with the killing of Hariri.
It's certainly of no benefit to Syria, they are already out of Lebanon and would have nothing to gain from his death.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
the US are saying this is classed as an act of terror,

So goodness i have no idea what may come of all this,

Hezbollah, say they Strongly condemn this,

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
syria and iran want to gain control over lebanon. this assassination following hizbullah departure from the lebanese goverment is meant to cause an upset in lebanon.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
its got Syria all over it.

but we have to wait for more information.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just like with Hariri - this smells of Mossad.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

You are using rense as a source, the same rense that is using the article with tehrantimes...
Unbelievable.

Hariri was anti-Syrian.

Neither the Lebanese government nor the majority of its citizens want Syrian troops to quit their country.

However, if Syrian forces withdraw from Lebanese territory, it would surely pave the way for the political and military machinations of the United States and Israel.

The Lebanese and Syrian nations, due to their historical, ideological, and ethnic affinities, are in fact one nation in two separate lands. The regional and trans-regional powers must understand this and must realize that the two nations cannot be separated spiritually.

Now, the question is: Who benefited from the assassination of Hariri, a man who played a constructive role in the reestablishment of security in Lebanon?

I love this part....

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
deltabwoy;

I understand that it is hard to belive certain things written and posted on Rense - but to be honest, I belive mister Rense and mister Jones before ANY official goverment statements by Israel, America, Great Britain or Slovenia.

But then again - you belive what you Wish bwoy.

Yet the Truth is far more Scary and Sinister...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

with your intense hate to israel do you have any reasoning left? im just wondering cause it seems to me you will quote and link ANYTHING if its against israel without looking at the real events.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"The United States immediately called the attack an “act of terrorism” that would make it redouble its efforts to support the Lebanese government."

I'm sure Lebanon is thrilled about that.
What would "redoubling" mean? That we would wait twice as long to tell Israel to park their tanks in their own country?
One thing for sure, if the US is going to pay more attention to your country, there's going to be be a "redoubling" of trouble there.

source:
nytimes.com[/u rl]

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Because it makes no sense to have Gemayel killed . . . I will lean to some conspiracy here, After all he was Christian.

People needs to understand that things in the middle east are not going as planned by the greater good of the world including the wantings of US and Israel control on the region.

The news about some type of partnership and diplomatic talks between The newly liberated Iraq and Iraqi government two nations that US and Israel condemn may be too dangerous for many private interest in the region . . .

I say The assassination of Maronite Christian leader Pierre Gemayel will indeed be a diversion for other matters more important right now . . .

Syria Already was quick to condom, but US was more quicker to call it a terrorist act and blame it on Syrian hnds

I don't bite the bait here.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko
with your intense hate to israel do you have any reasoning left? im just wondering cause it seems to me you will quote and link ANYTHING if its against israel without looking at the real events.

I guess those Pesky French also Hate Israel as well.

No wonder the French Fries are no more after Bushies declared FREEDOM Fries is a more appropriate name for thermically prepared potatoes;

French Intelligence: Hariri Assassinated by Mossad

Direction générale de la sécurité extérieure -- intelligence officer has told WMR that Lebanon's ex-Prime Minister Rafik Hariri was killed in a car bombing arranged by Israel's Mossad. The revelation from French intelligence is significant as the French government of Jacques Chirac joined the Bush administration and the neo-con policy establishments in Washington and Israel in blaming Syria for the attack. According to the DGSE officer, Israel and its American backers wanted to blame Syria for the assassination of the popular Lebanese leader in order to blame Syria for the attack thus forcing the popular Lebanese revolt that saw the withdrawal of Syrian forces. That left Lebanon defenseless for the "Clean Break" attack launched by Israel, with US support, against Hezbollah and Lebanon's infrastructure.

Sound Familiar?

Lets follow the chain of events of the past two years since the Assassination of PM;

Syria moves out of Lebanon.

Hizb'Allah Wins many seats in the Elections.

Israel Defence Forces Attack Lebanon, claiming they are searching for their Soldiers.

Well the Last sentance in the quoted news says it all.

So yet again, who BENEFITED from the Assassination?

Who has the power to COVER IT UP?

Well;

Who Killed Rafiq Hariri?

• The bombing was "a strong message" to the Lebanese opposition for supporting a U.N. Security Council resolution, sponsored by the United States and France, calling for the withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon.

• "Israel and other foreign powers backing the UN resolution" orchestrated the blast seeking "to force Damascus to pull out troops from Lebanon." A Palestinian militant was quoted as saying, "this crime plays well into the hands of Israel."

• The bomb was the work of unspecified persons seeking "to stir a wave of public panic to press for the disarming of resistance factions, chiefly Hizbullah," the Shiite political party whose militia has a strong presence in southern Lebanon.

How Convenient.

For makers of foreign policies in the Middle East which go well for Isreal and Unites States and go bad for Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Hizb'Allah and Hamas.

So why would Syria commit a Political and Military SUICIDE by Assassinating the PM of Lebanon, so that they can move their Army out of Lebanon and face several International Political pressures and suffer dire consequences?

So who Killed Rafik Hariri?

I say - Lets Ask Mossad.

And who killed Lebanese Industry Minister and Maronite Christian leader Pierre Gemayel?

[edit on 21/11/06 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

join