It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we there yet? Science and Physics done?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Superconductors mess with gravity? I haven't heard that... I do know for a fact that they do strange things to magnetic fields, though.

Yep, they do affect gravity. We're not sure how, or how we can use it... but it does affect gravity's effect on mass.
So far all weve been able to do is use it to "block" one objects gravitational effect on another object to a certain degree. But only by about 1.5% of it's total gravitational effect.

I'll search for my sources again, but I can't guarantee I'll find them.

As for controlling gravity, no, we havent gotten that far. But intercepting it, yes.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Did you ever hear about the Chinese's monkey trap? Well, hear it goes. A person ties a jar to a stick in the ground. Then they put a fruit in the jar that a wondering by monkey will want to eat. The monkey puts its hand in the jar and grabs the fruit but, now the monkey can't pull its hand out. To the monkeys comprehension it does not understand to let go of the fruit. All the monkey can comprehend is that it wants to grab the fruit thus, leaving the monkey trapped. If scientists start saying we discovered everything there is to understand, they are no better then the monkey. We will never understand the universe completely until we figure out how to see past the limitations of out own mind. I can say that this will not happen for many generations to come.

<< 1   >>

join