It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sliding doors- too much trust?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
How many times do you walk through automatic sliding doors a day? Tons. Normally, we don't even think about it, we know that the door will slide open as we walk toward it.

Not today.

There I was, walking along all happy when I walked past a gadget shop. Looking in, I thought,

''Ooh, that inflatable sumo suit looks cool, I'll have that!''

So I went to the bank and got some money. I came back.

Then it happened.

The door didn't open, I walked right into it and fell over. People were laughing, I was laughing. It was then that I figured the shop was closed.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I treat sliding doors the same way I treat elevator doors: I give a half-beat pause before going through them. I learned my lesson years ago when I almost stepped into an elevator that was between floors, but the door opened!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I used to work at a grocery store that had automatic opening doors (you know, those doors that don't 'slide' open, they 'swing' open). You would expect the entrance to be on the right side, and exit on the left, but at this story, the entrance was on left. I saw so many people walk straight smack into the exit door, I couldn't even begin to count.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
BOy, I've come close to smacking into a broken or closed door before.
I don;t think anyone was looking..except maybe the geeks at the security camera.

This thread reminded me of a really old SNL skit with Eddie Murphy.
Remember the older doors, that had the rubber mat? You step in the mat to open the door. In the skit he had the bright idea to cut out a section of the mat, and glue it to the bottom of his shoes..then, eveywhere he went, all doors opened automatically for him..
LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So, this post made sit here and do some thinkin'..........
So I said to myself, Self, do I trust those slidin' doors too much?
Hmmmmmm.......... I never thought about that before.........
Hmmmm, I really like when I go to the store and those slidin' doors open. That way I can be drinkin' a soda, and eatin' a nice hot dog and stuff, and not have to touch that slidin' glass door. Makes me kinda' feel like Moses and stuff when those slidin' doors part in front of me.

Wait! I just did some more good thinkin'!
I think it would be really cool if there was a door opener on bathroom stalls! Oh man, that would be so cool! You go and do your business, get up and Boing! That bathroom stall door goes flyin' open! Man, how convenient.

Or like if your friend is goin' and you wanted to play a joke - you could bring in a bunch of people, then like walk in front of the door opener, and when that door goes flyin' open, I bet your friend would be so surprised!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That's hilarious Zanzibar, the other day I heard a story from a guy out in Wyoming how a big buck deer approached a sliding door at a shopping center and naturally it opened and he went right on in there. I think it took them about 4 hours to get him out of the store.

top topics

join