It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abducted: How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
There is a book being published by Susan Clancy "Abducted: How people Come To Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens"

This link from American Chronicle delves into the subject of when somebody in science studies phenomena that can be explained. As quoted from the website

www.americanchronicle.com...

"In it she refutes the declarations made my so-called abductees of their experiences extruded by hypnosis. The written conclusions emanate from a study she and another Harvard psychologist, Richard McNally, gave to self-described abductees conducted in 2002."

This angers me a little that somebody can try and pin an explanation from a "Study" that was undertaken, labelling and saying "Well I have explained that",
What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
For myself I think the two of them are using this to make themselves fast money. Sometimes even I feel bad when "I think" that it is people like this... need a visit. (from the bad ones.)

I would love to hear them babble on and people telling them they are crazy, lol. Would serve them right.

Oh well, the day will come and all will know. I will be the one in the crowd looking like this

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
She's essentially right. And really, it's nothing new. Many many psychologists have warned that regressive hypnotherapy is NOT a valid way to retrieve accurate memories.

In many instances the person being hypnotized is going for a session because they think they have been "abducted". Could be something as simple as sleep paralysis, or a dream that felt a little too real, but because of public contamination, the idea of alien abduction is already there. The area in the brain being dealt with for regression is the part that deals with fantasy scenarios, not memory.

This is why I have told people if they think they might have had some sort of experience not to go the regression route. It's proven simply not reliable.

new topics

join