It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America!! Beware The Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon! The New World Order is here!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
India and China would'nt work together to attack Europe or
America.

For one China is a Maoist-communist controled autocracy,
and India is the largest Liberal-Dmeocracy on the planet.

Sure they make some deals, but guess what, we make deals
with China as well.

If it came down to it, India would either be neutral or side
with the West.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
NumberCruncher I've seen both India and the USA don't go thinking your country is all powerful and great because its not.

Denying that theres poverty in your country is just stupid and an argument you cant win, heck i wish i could say my country was any better.

1/ Im not American, I dont live in America

2/ I didnt say there was no poverty in America, i was debunking someone that said there was 10s of Millions in Poverty in America.

3/ My country isnt all that powerful but it is the Greatest on the planet wether you like it or not.

4/ I didnt lose any argument cause i never once said there was no poverty in AMerica, false accusation go sit in the corner.

5/ have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There is no "greatest country" in the world.

First of all, what defines the greatest country? The one with the strongest military? The one with the most patriotic public? The one with the best healthcare? Lowest unemployment? Highest standard of living? The most glorious history? The fastest growing economy? Happiest public?

The U.S. doesn't have the highest standard of living OR the best healthcare.

In many cases, countries like Sweden dominate the U.S. in terms of living standards... so what REALLY defines the greatest country on earth?

Saying your country is the "greatest on earth whether you like it or not" is very VERY ignorant.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder.

I imigrated to the country i live in, and i reiterate i live in the greatest country in the world, that is my opinion, i dont give a brass razoo what you think.

May i suggest that it is actually you that is very ignorant for thinking for one minute that you get to decide how feel about my country.

You may feel your country is the greatest on the planet, who am i to deicide how you feel about your country ?

once Again My country is the Greatest on the Planet.

May peace be with you.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Dude, you seem to be nuts, living in a world of make believe!

Right... a couple of pictures of junkies and winos in an alley makes us as bad as Calcutta. Uh-huh.

Oh? For starters, American forces are getting pretty screwed up in Iraq. Why? Because of insufficient troops.

No, the situation in Iraq is that way because our soldiers have to walk around with a camera up their backside and fight a politically correct war, while the other side dresses up like women and hides among the populace. We have to follow rules, and are punished if we don't. They laugh at our rules and use them against us.

My my. If you have so much food to throw away, then why don’t you give some FREE to the starving millions of Africa? You’re so far gone that your corporations will sell the damn thing on a profit to these poor suckers. Anything free? Heck never! Ask Dick Cheney and Halliburton.

We give away billions of dollars each year to needy countries. Like the ones whose people live nomadic lives in the deserts and wonder why they are starving.

But listen... I'll send you my leftovers from tonight's dinner, OK?

Originally posted by yeah right
and this is why a piss ant country like IRAQ,
that we've been fighting for how many years now???,

and we've destroyed their infrastructure in the 90's

ARE WIPING OUR SOLDIERS ARSES LEFT AND RIGHT!!!!!

all china has to do is............

pick a day,

and load up all of their cargo ships (shipping containers) ,
full of chinese and assault rifles,
get shipped to walmarts across the usa,

and spring into action (TAKE US OUT) in 1 NIGHT !!!!
even WITHOUT WEAPONS their martial arts alone
and "sheer numbers" could hold this whole country at bay

What a load of crap. Millions of Chinese coming across in shipping containers.
And if their weapons don't conquer us, they always have their martial arts as a backup.

You've been watching way too many Bruce Lee movies.

remember we now have 300,000,000 people in the usa,
they have 1 BILLION MORE THAN US

And most of them are uneducated peasant chicken farmers living in matchstick huts, where they suffer from monsoons, malnutrition, and bird flu.

You're in love with a country that has a one dog rule.

i repeat your quote.........

Originally posted by jsobecky

And the days of military superiority being determined by sheer numbers is a thing of the past.

gimme some of what you are smoking!!!!

Put a million of your soldiers in a field. Give me a hundred pilots armed with MOABs, or better yet, tactical nukes. See who wins.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just a few figures for those of you who honestly still think that America is the best place to live and/or is better than India or China.

Your GDP for 2005 - $12455.8billion (bea.gov...)
Your foreign debt for 2005 - $8184 trillion (english.pravda.ru/world/20/91/368/16741_dollar.html)

My country's (in AFRICA) GDP for 2005 - $187.3 billion
My country's foreign debt for 2005 - $29.97 billion
(www.cia.gov...)

The above only relates to money (seeing as this seems to be the biggest argument as to why America is so great) and not to actual quality of life which, in my humble opinion, is much much better in my country than in America. At least we don't have to fear our own government, military and police force.

I think that America is the last place in the world that I would live...I'd rather live in India or China thank you very much if I could no longer live in my own country.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Apparently the US is up to its ears in debt due to the federal bankings system and the Rothchilds and Bilderbergs as discussed in other posts

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
One simple reason why should America be aware.

Indians and Chineese are production nations.

Americans are a nation of services.

One simple info is even more troublesome. In 2007 the Chineese goverment predicts they will employ 100 - 300 MILLION new workers that will move from rural to industrial areas of China. Now how can America or EU compete with that kind of hyperproduction?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder.

I imigrated to the country i live in, and i reiterate i live in the greatest country in the world, that is my opinion, i dont give a brass razoo what you think.

May i suggest that it is actually you that is very ignorant for thinking for one minute that you get to decide how feel about my country.

You may feel your country is the greatest on the planet, who am i to deicide how you feel about your country ?

once Again My country is the Greatest on the Planet.

May peace be with you.

You NEVER said it was in YOUR opinion. YOu clearly stated that "My country is the greatest whether you like it or not."

It'd be VERY different if you said "In my opinion, my country is the greatest."

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Everyone's against America, didn't you know?
They trust no one,elect a dictator and wager illigal wars, to put shame on the human race.....
Don't be fooled into thinking the NWO has total control, they've not,if you do, you're probably the NWO.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You NEVER said it was in YOUR opinion. YOu clearly stated that "My country is the greatest whether you like it or not."

So ?? isnt that Obvious, i wrote it, so it must be my opinion huh ??? catching on yet.

My country is the greatest in the Universe x 10 with sugar on top !!!

Why is it so hard for you to accept?

Actually dont answer that, bye.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
HAH! I doubt it. Until China and India create some world changing technologies like the steam engine, the telegraph, telephone, and electric lights, etc., they won't be considered too threatening.

some of you really need to stop reading you 'america is the best' comics..

steam engines, telephones, lights.. man.. thats things of the past.
everyone has them now..

your not the sole distributor here.

Fact is, China and India together have the population, economy, military and ABILITY to walk over america.

America hs become to curropt, and corporately reliant.. that you have lost focus of yourselves.

look at you..

someone says china and india are a threat to your standing..
your chant about steamengines, and lightbulbs for christ sake.

Thanks for this retarded statement. You missed the over-all point of his thread which was that they NEED to stay in the 19th century to keep all their people working, we don't...we just have automated facilities do the work.

The end result? India and China need us - but we don't need them. If they want to be jackasses we can stop doing business with them...to us it'll mean the difference between Mervyns and Pay Less. But for China and India it would mean hundreds of millions starving in the streets.

Ouch.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
Just a few figures for those of you who honestly still think that America is the best place to live and/or is better than India or China.

Your GDP for 2005 - $12455.8billion (bea.gov...)
Your foreign debt for 2005 - $8184 trillion (english.pravda.ru/world/20/91/368/16741_dollar.html)

My country's (in AFRICA) GDP for 2005 - $187.3 billion
My country's foreign debt for 2005 - $29.97 billion
(www.cia.gov...)

The above only relates to money (seeing as this seems to be the biggest argument as to why America is so great) and not to actual quality of life which, in my humble opinion, is much much better in my country than in America. At least we don't have to fear our own government, military and police force.

I think that America is the last place in the world that I would live...I'd rather live in India or China thank you very much if I could no longer live in my own country.

What are you 12?

Just 12 years ago South African Soldiers were gunning down darkies and Keffers in the streets...beating the crap out of them...and what not.

And now - Cape Town is the largest rape capital of the world...more people are murdered and raped in Cape Town than people are being killed and raped in all of Iraq.

Bravo...oh dellusional one.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well "bih" I said electric lights, not electricity.

Mike's contention for this thread is that China and India are the new 19th century America's in the making. And my contention is that until they create and wield some world changing technologies like the US did back then, then they are just a couple of pretenders, or in this case Crouching Paper Tigers and Paper Dragons."

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

So ?? isnt that Obvious, i wrote it, so it must be my opinion huh ??? catching on yet.

My country is the greatest in the Universe x 10 with sugar on top !!!

Why is it so hard for you to accept?

Actually dont answer that, bye.

First of all, wow.

Second of all, I AM an American.

All I'm saying is that ANYONE saying their country is "the best" is very ignorant. You DID NOT make it sound like it was your opinion, you made it sound as-a-matter-of-fact.

Jeez, you act like a silly 10 year old.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Oh, its you again, why are you telling me you are American ?? wtf.

Lets drop it already, you dont like Patriotic people, i get it.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I dislike getting into a slanging match. It’s a waste of time and effort. But there are some points worth pondering.

> American foreign policy has remained captive to some bellicose dreams of unilateralism and hegemony.

> You’ll find the US of A with its finger in many a pie, be it Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Syria, and the instigator of many regime changes in Central America, CIS Republics and so on.

>The so-called road map to a durable Israeli-Palestinian peace is in tatters and will probably remain so for another couple of decades.

> Vietnam, Afghanistan, and now Iraq, disastrous quagmires due to American hegemonistic policies.

The familiar faith in American technology and contempt for facts on the ground, echoed today in Iraq, have produced a calamitous overreach.

In the 1960s, counterparts of today's neocons, wanted to expand the war to China or to nuke Hanoi "into the Stone Age."

Otto von Bismarck once said, "God watches out for fools, drunkards and the United States."

The bottom line is that America is pushing its luck.

An interventionist U.S. foreign policy has contributed to a dramatic rise in radical political Islam around the world. Policies derive from a virulent strain of American “exceptionalism,” the idea that the United States is special among the nations of the world.

The drive for global primacy irrespective of the needs of America, interests of other nations, and wishes of other peoples has dramatically sapped Washington's power and influence.

Countries and movements once thought to be cowering in Uncle Sam's shadow now exhibit flagrant contempt for Washington's desires.

Numbering the countries in which the people support Washington's policies are easy – India, Israel, Kuwait. The U.S. has gone from sympathetic victim to arrogant victimizer. Hatred of American policies, especially strong among Muslims, stretches from the Mideast to Asia to Indonesia and to Europe.

Excerpts from here

Global good will toward America has vanished, as its arrogance knows no bounds. This arrogance is amply reflected by some of the posts on this thread!

America is now in self-destruct mode. By 2050, the age of The Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon will have dawned!!

Three cheers for the good times ahead!!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Mike's contention for this thread is that China and India are the new 19th century America's in the making. And my contention is that until they create and wield some world changing technologies like the US did back then, then they are just a couple of pretenders, or in this case Crouching Paper Tigers and Paper Dragons."

The way things were in the 19th century is very different from what they are now, economically speaking.

In the 19th century the markets were almost all local and regional markets, the international trade was very low because they had not the means to transport the goods quickly enough to their destinations.

That changed with the industrial evolution that brought us the steam engine, electricity and the internal combustion engine.

After that, it was much easier to transport the goods of a country, regardless of its origin (agricultural or industrial), to another country that had the means to buy them but had not the means to produce them.

If you look at the technological advances in the 20th century, you will see that they changed from power producing inventions to power using inventions, because the means of transportation were already good enough for the world's needs.

That is why one of things used to see the state of the economy of a country is the amount of electrical appliances bought by the population. That shows that the population can afford to buy those things. But those people do not make those appliances, they are made, usually, in other countries.

Those countries started by being poorer countries, where the price they paid to the workers was very low when compared to what they paid in other countries.

With the amount of electrical appliances needed to supply their citizens' needs, those richer countries are dependent of the production of the poorer countries.

That is why almost all countries need other countries' productions, I think that today there is no country that can live only of its own production.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I do think China and India economies will grow huge in the 21st century.

Can they pull the huge populations out of poverty, and will the world resources be able to support that lifestyle? I'm not sold on that.

China will overtake the US in GDP, but the per capita for citizen will be still be a huge difference for the USA population.

The USA is still turning out great ideas.......Like that internet thing, so the USA is not so doomed as some would like.

China later in the 21st century is going to have trouble competing from low wages from Africa, and they will lose a bunch of manufacuring jobs.

Then many African posters on ATS will make fun of China's doomed economy.

I love progress.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One thing I am confused about with you two arguing who lives
in a better country. If we all tried to make our own countries better whould our
children live in a better world?
Each country has there own unique specialties. I have been to 9 of them and I have seen the good and bad in them all, But I have learned that you can pickup ideas to make a better world from them all.
China makes good generators which I have one. India has good doctors ( Not All) but the experience from the masses is unique.

But what would happen if the USA disappeared from the Diplomatic community entirely?

I would say that world economies and trust would be hurt and it would turn back the clock about 300 years until everyone could move forward to accept somekind of mutual peace that would move them forward.

What scares me is the fanatic belief in Religion. Notice I did not say which ones.

We must as a people move forward to believe that we are all unique, and no one is better, than us as a whole.

We do not need to believe that one particular religion is right but if we all work together, we will see the genius in the creators dream.

I call this the Fourth age of mankind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join