It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America!! Beware The Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon! The New World Order is here!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
President Hu Jintao of China has arrived in India on a state visit. So what beckons?

India and China (The Tiger and the Dragon) now possess the weight and dynamism to transform the 21st-century global economy. The closest parallel to their emergence is the saga of 19th-century America, a huge continental economy with a young, driven workforce that grabbed the lead in agriculture, apparel, and the high technologies of the era, such as steam engines, the telegraph, and electric lights.

But in a way, even America's rise falls short in comparison to what's happening now. Never has the world seen the simultaneous, sustained takeoffs of two nations that together account for one-third of the planet's population. For the past two decades, China has been growing at an astounding 9.5% a year, and India by 7-8%. Most economists figure China and India possess the fundamentals to keep growing in the 7%-to-8% range for decades. (America’s growth rate is approx 2%)

The bottom line is that China and India as an economic and military block will pose a major threat to the US of A and Europe. They together will have more than enough clout in the international arena to steamroller various objections by the Americans to protocols like the Kyoto Protocol on climate change, WTO, subsidy regimes nurtured by the West at the expense of developing nations, and other important issues. No longer will the USA be able to stonewall them to suit it and its mega corporations.

And then what of Russia? A strategic triangle, which is already taking shape, consisting of India, Russia and China will make America look like one of the third world countries having little influence on world affairs.

Wait and see what happens by 2050. Like the UK, America will be trying desperately to find a place in the sun, which perhaps would have started to set by then!

Welcome to the New World Order!!

More..

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
HAH! I doubt it. Until China and India create some world changing technologies like the steam engine, the telegraph, telephone, and electric lights, etc., they won't be considered too threatening.

The other thing is, developed countries like the US and Japan for instance are moving toward more robotic automation for their factories. Ever heard of the "Lights Out" style of manufacturing? Its a factory environment that runs 24/7 with little to no people doing any of the actual work.

It would be very hard for chinese or Indian factories loaded with workers to keep up with a robotic factory in terms of quantity and most importantly quality. Now, there would be nothing to stop the chinese or indians from building their own robot factories, but then what about all those people out of work? Gee, that looks like a real huge problem taking care of billions of jobless folks.

Suddenly, there's a huge problem.

They better have a war or something with each other, so they can right size their populations, don't you think?

Sure America's growth rate is about 2%, but its real difficult to grow a $10 trillion a year economy.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by CAPT PROTON]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON

The other thing is, developed countries like the US and Japan for instance are moving toward more robotic automation for their factories. Ever heard of the "Lights Out" style of manufacturing? Its a factory environment that runs 24/7 with little to no people doing any of the actual work.

So wouldnt that put a lot of people out of work in those countries too making their economy crash or is it different for these countries how would they counter that effect?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

HAH! I doubt it. Until China and India create some world changing technologies like the steam engine, the telegraph, telephone, and electric lights, etc., they won't be considered too threatening.

some of you really need to stop reading you 'america is the best' comics..

steam engines, telephones, lights.. man.. thats things of the past.
everyone has them now..

your not the sole distributor here.

Fact is, China and India together have the population, economy, military and ABILITY to walk over america.

America hs become to curropt, and corporately reliant.. that you have lost focus of yourselves.

look at you..

someone says china and india are a threat to your standing..
your chant about steamengines, and lightbulbs for christ sake.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Whats the big Deal ?? CHina and India arnt out looking for a Fight, there huge populations will infact become a problem if there not careful.

Modern day Warfare is a no win for all, especially if its Nuclear.

Chinese and Indians are peaceful we should get along fine with them.

I Hope these Nations do well.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Agit8ed, I always enjoy your posts, you're articulate and I think you've got a pretty good idea about what is really happening here in the U.S.

I'm afraid we Americans have let arrogance and ignorance get the better of us. The rest of the world fears and hates us, as they see our policies as inhumane, and our foreign policies as being very dangerous to other countries. Of course, many Americans will get very angry and defensive when they hear it, but doesn't everyone respond that way when they're faced with the truth?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand the thinking here. Because India and China are overpopulating the earth, that makes them potential superpowers? Seems like a mere biological function to me.

Have you seen some of those people? Look at the slums of Calcutta, for example. Millions teeming in abject poverty and filth, starving to death. That is progress?

And the days of military superiority being determined by sheer numbers is a thing of the past.

As far as progress, we have the world beat. We have so much food we throw it away. We excel in almost every technology known to man. We haven't just been riding the steam engines and communicating via telegraph for the past 150 years.

This is what we are to fear?

[edit on 23-11-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I'm not sure I understand the thinking here. Because India and China are overpopulating the earth, that makes them potential superpowers? Seems like a mere biological function to me.

Have you seen some of those people? Look at the slums of Calcutta, for example. Millions teeming in abject poverty and filth, starving to death. That is progress?

And the days of military superiority being determined by sheer numbers is a thing of the past.

As far as progress, we have the world beat. We have so much food we throw it away. We excel in almost every technology known to man. We haven't just been riding the steam engines and communicating via telegraph for the past 150 years.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by jsobecky]

Seems to me that you have forgotten the slums of America. Every country has its hardships but it seems to me that you are letting your patriotism turn into ignorance. you may think that America is the centre of the Universe but believe me that is not the case. How do you know that America has excelled in almost every technology known to man??

I believe what America has excelled in is consuption and that includes the food you throw away

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I notice you avoided my main question, but that's OK. Flattery will get you everywhere!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I notice you avoided my main question, but that's OK. Flattery will get you everywhere!

One nuclear bomb would wipe the smile off your face, I believe that is the answer to your question.

now lets see if you answer mine are you a racist biggot?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Last year, the Census Bureau released its annual report on poverty in the United States declaring that there were nearly 35 million poor persons living in the country in a small increase from the preceding year.

Heck! More than 10% of this so-called super power lives in poverty! For example, have you seen the back alleys and ghettos of New York?? Shining examples of affluence? Tens of millions of people are hungry each night, including millions of children who are suffering disease and malnutrition. In New York City, one of the richest cities in the world, there are children who live below the poverty level, deprived of minimal conditions that offer some hope from a life of misery, deprivation and violence.
www.american-pictures.com..." border=0>

www.american-pictures.com..." border=0>

Dude, you seem to be nuts, living in a world of make believe!

Oh? For starters, American forces are getting pretty screwed up in Iraq. Why? Because of insufficient troops. Numbers you said? You’d do well to brush up on your general knowledge. Heck! You can afford newspapers I guess? A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So read more and get better educated so that you don’t make an ass of yourself!

As far as progress, we have the world beat. We have so much food we throw it away.

My my. If you have so much food to throw away, then why don’t you give some FREE to the starving millions of Africa? You’re so far gone that your corporations will sell the damn thing on a profit to these poor suckers. Anything free? Heck never! Ask Dick Cheney and Halliburton.

We excel in almost every technology known to man.

Like?

Yes. Fear the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!!

[edit on 23-11-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Heck! More than 10% of this so-called super power lives in poverty! For example, have you seen the back alleys and ghettos of New York?? Shining examples of affluence? Tens of millions of people are hungry each night, including millions of children who are suffering disease and malnutrition. In New York City, one of the richest cities in the world, there are children who live below the poverty level, deprived of minimal conditions that offer some hope from a life of misery, deprivation and violence.
Dude, you seem to be nuts, living in a world of make believe!

LOL nice try at making the USA look like India or some 3rd world country, 10s of Millions hungry ? Childrens Diseases, malnutirion, in your wet dreams. Show us the proof.

One persons poverty is anothers comfortable lifestyle, its easy to give this poverty level based on Income, but the cost of Living in New York maybe 20k a year but in a nice little country town more like 10k, so in offical figures this person living a nice life in the Country fits the definition of Poverty.

Homeless Figures

That snapshot tally was 727,304 homeless people nationwide, meaning about one in 400 Americans were without a home, according to a USA TODAY survey of all 460 localities that reported results to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in June.

and the snapshot of homeless people is interesting to
Here

People from all walks of life are among the homeless. They are individuals and families, men and women, they are young children and elderly people. Forty to fifty percent of the homeless have high school diplomas and 24% are employed in either full-time or part-time work

Makes you wonder if some of the homless actually choose to be homeless?

Anyhow im not saying there isnt a problem in regards to poverty/homelessness in the US but it certainly isnt anything like the tripe that your trying to peddle to us.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

Anyhow im not saying there isnt a problem in regards to poverty/homelessness in the US but it certainly isnt anything like the tripe that your trying to peddle to us.

Oh yeah? Lol, its not tripe that I'm trying to peddle! It's the truth that is officially being stated by American's themselves. The straight facts. You seem to be hiding behind a smokescreen of self delusion and ignorance.

Here are official facts regarding your children - the future of America.

According to figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau in September 1996, 13.8% of Americans live in poverty. Many more are on the borderline. Poverty affects all ages, but an astonishing 48% percent of its victims are children:

>About 15 million children -- one out of every four -- live below the official poverty line.
>22% of Americans under the age of 18 -- and 25% under age 12 -- are hungry or at the risk of being hungry.
>Everyday 2,660 children are born into poverty; 27 die because of it.
>Children and families are the fastest growing group in the homeless population, representing 40%.

Poverty in New York City

Domestic poverty knows no geographical barriers, but it is especially widespread here in New York City. The latest study, released in 1995 by the Citizens Committee for Children of New York, reveals that New York children fare worse in virtually every category than their counterparts at the state and national level. This includes low birth weight, infant mortality, violence-related deaths, abuse and neglect, education, and job preparedness.

Life for New York City children is getting worse:

25% of New Yorkers are children.
762,000 children live in poverty.
181 babies are born into poverty each day.
10,000 children are homeless. This number has doubled since 1988.

Many New York City children read and do math below grade level.

How the USA Stacks Up

Among the 21 most affluent nations, the United States has the highest percentage of poor children. In fact, our rate is twice that of the country next in line.

So dude, you now know where this 'tripe' is coming from. Not from me I can assure you!

And here's something from CNN. Maybe this too is crap for you.

money.cnn.com...

www.heartsandminds.org...

[edit on 23-11-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

And then what of Russia? A strategic triangle, which is already taking shape, consisting of India, Russia and China will make America look like one of the third world countries having little influence on world affairs.

Welcome to the New World Order!!

Russia won't be a problem. The will get smoked with Iran.

The kings of the east are another story

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I dont buy it sorry Mike, the poverty level is just because there tax returns show below average income.

I especially like this one lol

"22% of Americans under the age of 18 -- and 25% under age 12 -- are hungry or at the risk of being hungry."

Let me make a few of those up for shock and awe .....

50pc of Soldiers are tired or at the risk of being tired

100pc of Car drivers will have a crash or risk having a crash.

100pc of politicians tell lies or risk telling a lie.

I simply dont think its anywhere near as bad as you think, damn Americas poor would be considered rich in 3rd world countrys.

Anyway bud, just my opinion, i just think the grass is greener than you do i suppose.

cheers.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

yeah right!!!!!!!

and this is why a piss ant country like IRAQ,
that we've been fighting for how many years now???,

and we've destroyed their infrastructure in the 90's

ARE WIPING OUR SOLDIERS ARSES LEFT AND RIGHT!!!!!

all china has to do is............

pick a day,

and load up all of their cargo ships (shipping containers) ,
full of chinese and assault rifles,
get shipped to walmarts across the usa,

and spring into action (TAKE US OUT) in 1 NIGHT !!!!
even WITHOUT WEAPONS their martial arts alone
and "sheer numbers" could hold this whole country at bay

remember we now have 300,000,000 people in the usa,
they have 1 BILLION MORE THAN US

i repeat your quote.........

gimme some of what you are smoking!!!!

bih

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It would be very hard for chinese or Indian factories loaded with workers to keep up with a robotic factory in terms of quantity and most importantly quality. Now, there would be nothing to stop the chinese or indians from building their own robot factories, but then what about all those people out of work? Gee, that looks like a real huge problem taking care of billions of jobless folks.

They better have a war or something with each other, so they can right size their populations, don't you think?

Sure America's growth rate is about 2%, but its real difficult to grow a $10 trillion a year economy.

haha thats funny,who invented the electricity? not an american buddy

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The CIA always has a plan. Probably 3 or 4...thousand...of them for each topic at hand. For example, one benefit of all of this illegal immigration of the United States is the latin americans have the highest birth rates in the World. And reports of 12 million illegals living in the US are a mere fraction of the true numbers at hand here. Illegal Immigration is good for the reigning government. It allows a larger tax base (whether it be a mere sales/gas tax every time they buy something) as well as a younger military age of its' citizens. Don't forget everytime an illegal couple has a child born on American soil, that baby is automatically an American. Since most illegals in America represent the poorest of latin america, odds are the couple's newborn will eventually take advantage of joining the military and earning money for a college education. There are so many factors a mere group of people can decide. The CIA is so far ahead of the game.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

For decades, now, China and India have sent their brightest to America for formal education. Until India and China become civilized enough to not only become an attraction but a mainstay for its' own gifted citizens to create a foothold in their civilization of origin, China and India will always be behind the eightball. They can't hold onto their best minds. India's brightest can be found in large American cities such as Chicago.

Edn

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
NumberCruncher I've seen both India and the USA don't go thinking your country is all powerful and great because its not, I've seen the poor people in the streets, who have no shelter, or food yet they drink anyway any money they have. All I have to say on this subject is at least in India the poor people try to live a life, they have homes (albeit made from bits of wood and corrugated steel in shanty towns), and there honest (well 90% of them
). Cant say the kids there are honest dam thieves they are, if there mother fails to sell her body to you 6 kid pop out of no where and before you know it there hands are in your pockets.
at least they wont beat you up or kill you for your $2 in your pocket.

Denying that theres poverty in your country is just stupid and an argument you cant win, heck i wish i could say my country was any better.

on to the subject at hand China and India don't pose a threat to the US or Europe just as the US and Europe don't pose a threat to China or India, why? because nether of them are stupid enough to attack each other.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join