It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abducted and raped, young Christian women and girls are driven to suicide in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wyrdeone, Nice try.

First off you cant apply crime to the whole community to work out statistics, you have to apply it to the Prison population, your logic is simply flawed so dont act dumb cause i know your not. For example we all know African AMericans have a disproportinate incarceration rate, but using your system of applying crime across the whole community to work out who "should" be in jail doesnt work.

Next this Sing-Sing thing is flawed and/or deceiving, first of all YOU say that majority of inmates are Christian but this little study applys only to Death Sentences for murder!! Hardly representive of the whole prison population!! It doesnt even specify the timeframe of this study !! was it 100 years ago when 99pc of the population was Christian or in 2001 when 80pc of population identify as Christian?
(its obvious that the bulk of US inmates will identify as Christian, but you need to take it in context, 80pc of Americans identify in 2001 as Christian, so in 2001 if 80pc of inmates was Christian it would be right on population average for imprisionment)

Its difficult or perhaps even impossible? to get official Religion stats from US prisons, but anyway i found this (site is basically there to bash Christian inmates) 1997 7pc of prison population was Muslim but less than 1pc (in 2001 acc. to Wiki) of overall US population is Muslim, now that shows me something.

Muslims get Jailed in the USA at 7 times the rate of the Overall population!!

Prison Stats
Religion Stats

Anyhow Wyrdeone id rather you and i just drop this little thing that YOU started.

After all was said and done you still didnt prove this statement that you made "packs of Christian boys rape women on a fairly regular basis in America"

You provide no proof, no link, no nothing, i know that Christians and people from any faith commit rape in the US, but i see no evidence of your Christian Gang Rapists sorry sir.

I firmly beleive that Muslims Gang rape more often than any other Minority group on the Planet, they use Gang Rape as weopon against people of different beleifs than themselves.

May Peace Be With You.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
do not feed the dark state of the chaos realm with xm-8

fight back with what you know as a human

there is work that makes point to what we breath

you guys are not out of this league you are out of this world

oort clouds soar

like you in my eye

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
correct me if im wrong, but isnt premarital sex and adultery like....a really bad thing to do if your islamic?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Unfortunately theres something for everyone in the Quran and Millions in the World take its 7th centuary text literally.

They twist and read into texts making them suit there own needs.
Heres an example www.iran-bulletin.org...

Extramarital sex is prohibited under Islamic law. To this extent Islam recognises rape as a crime. However rape taking place within the home and prisons is not considered rape and is therefore legal. It is this situation which I wish to address.

So as you can imagine these criminals twist this even further, they could say there home is an Entire country, or there Prison is the entire country they live in.

Heres another example
STORY

In a very bizarre case a Singaporean man has found some verses in the Quran and with them he had convinced his numerous wives that he has the right to have sex with his daughters. Incest of course is not allowed in Islam but this shows the Quran is not clear at all and it can be interpreted in anyway one wants to interpret it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Heres another example
STORY

In a very bizarre case a Singaporean man has found some verses in the Quran and with them he had convinced his numerous wives that he has the right to have sex with his daughters. Incest of course is not allowed in Islam but this shows the Quran is not clear at all and it can be interpreted in anyway one wants to interpret it.

I can't get on this link you posted NumberCruncher...my browser at work just come up with the message "RACISM AND HATE IS FILTERED". Can you post an alternative link?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thats no good KhieuSamphan.

Maybe youll find this one from Wikipedia about Lebanese Muslim Gang Rapists carrying out Racially/ethnicly motivated hate crimes against white girls more accepting to your "Browser".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
all i have to say is

this has nothing to do with the religion of ISLAM
this is ALL ABOUT CULTURE
the culture is the problem, a horrible culture will exploit ANY religion horribly

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

First off you cant apply crime to the whole community to work out statistics, you have to apply it to the Prison population, your logic is simply flawed so dont act dumb cause i know your not.

Okay, that's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure. However, as I showed you, the percentage of Christians in prison is equivalent to the percentage of Christians in the general populace.

Next this Sing-Sing thing is flawed and/or deceiving, first of all YOU say that majority of inmates are Christian but this little study applys only to Death Sentences for murder!!

That was only one of three statistics in that quote.

Its difficult or perhaps even impossible? to get official Religion stats from US prisons, but anyway i found this (site is basically there to bash Christian inmates) 1997 7pc of prison population was Muslim but less than 1pc (in 2001 acc. to Wiki) of overall US population is Muslim, now that shows me something.

The reason it's so hard is because different institutions take the census differently, in terms of what counts as a religion. The vast majority of Muslims in US prisons are actually blacks who belong to the Nation of Islam - not representative of people from the ME, and not real Muslims.

religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu...

Anyhow Wyrdeone id rather you and i just drop this little thing that YOU started.

Is that a concession?

Anyway, I don't start these things, I finish them.

After all was said and done you still didnt prove this statement that you made "packs of Christian boys rape women on a fairly regular basis in America"

The rape statistics, combined with the religious breakdown of the nation, and the prison population, should be proof enough. We don't keep records of gang rape separate from rape, as near as I can tell.

If you live in America, you know the deal though. Frat boys, scholar athletes, packs of gangbangers, all of them commit gang rapes, and all them are overwhelmingly self-described Christians.

That said, this country has made huge progress in reducing the number of rapes. We're at about 16% of the level where we were at 30 years ago, so that's a very good thing.

You provide no proof, no link, no nothing, i know that Christians and people from any faith commit rape in the US, but i see no evidence of your Christian Gang Rapists sorry sir.

Have you never heard of a high school/college sex party gone wrong or a gang initiation? The majority of those perpetrators are Christians.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Although we can all see the veracity in which the OP tries to lock-together the issues of Rape and Religion, it really comes down to the functioning societal level of the rapist. Rapists are those who are not psychologically fit to be in a polite society, they have serious boundary issues, usually coupled with a lack of common sense and deep seated emotional issues as well. When a society as a whole condones the practice, it is the society that is dis-functional and is slipping down the slippery slope toward self destruction. The primary issue in rape is subjectual power, or the expression of power and dominance over others. That is why it is so common in prisons, where the vast majority of people have serious emotional issues, a lack of common sense and no regard for societal boundaries. Can rapists be educated or cured? Only with very long term treatment and constant supervision, which no country on this planet can provide. As for countries that are currently condoning the practice? If their contact with the outside world becomes quite limited, their cultures will slowly disintegrate into patriarchal tribal communities in which fratricide, patricide, infanticide and other population reducing measures become commonplace.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Raping happens on all sides

Why get only angry when christians get raped !?
are people of none or other religions less important
why not provide all women in danger of rape into safe havens

This is just propaganda slander.
Look what they are doing to us help.
but you are doing the same to them.
what do you expect?
turn the other cheeck

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Female Lawyers Prove Iraqi Women Pack Raped by Americans
"...happening all across Iraq..."

Much has been made of the sexual humiliation of the men incarcerated by the Crusaders in Abu Ghraib Prison. However the abuse of the female prisoners at Abu Ghraib, and other prisons in Iraq, have gone nearly unnoticed. Although it took photographs to wake the world’s attention to the shenanigans, within the cells, it was actually a letter scribed by a woman prisoner that first exposed what was going on in the infamous prison. The contents of a note that was smuggled out of the prison were so shocking that, at first, Amal Kadham Swadi and the other Iraqi women lawyers who had been trying to gain access to the jail found them hard to believe. It claimed that US guards had been raping women detainees. Several of the women were now pregnant, it added. The women had been forced to strip naked in front of men, it said.
Swadi, one of seven female lawyers now representing women detainees in Abu Ghraib, began to piece together a picture of systemic abuse and torture perpetrated by US guards against Iraqi women held in detention without charge. This was not only true of Abu Ghraib, she discovered, but was, as she put it, “happening all across Iraq”. In November 2003, Swadi visited a woman detainee at a US military base at al-Kharkh, a former police compound in Baghdad. “She was the only woman who would talk about her case. She was crying. She told us she had been raped,” Swadi says. “Several American soldiers had raped her. She had tried to fight them off and they had hurt her arm. She showed us the stitches. She told us, ‘We have daughters and husbands. For God's sake don't tell anyone about this.’” During Swadi’s visit to Abu Ghraib in March, one of the prisoners told her that she had been forced to undress in front of US soldiers. “The Iraqi translator turned his head in embarrassment,” she said.
The Taguba inquiry has corroborated the contents of the letter smuggled out of Abu Ghraib by a woman known only as "Noor". The enquiry found the letter to be entirely in line with the activities going on within the prison. While most of the focus since the scandal broke three weeks ago has been on the abuse of men, and on their sexual humiliation in front of US women soldiers, there is now incontrovertible proof that women detainees have also been abused. Among the 1,800 digital photographs taken by US guards inside Abu Ghraib there are, according to Taguba's report, images of a US military policeman “having sex” with an Iraqi woman.

www.vialls.com...

Warning, disgusting pictures

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

no they are not. However, we are at war with a group of people who use Islam as their primary justification. So we are not the ones brining religion into this conflict, they are.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

no they are not. However, we are at war with a group of people who use Islam as their primary justification. So we are not the ones brining religion into this conflict, they are.

Sure, you are the ones bringing the conflict in.
That's all

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Female Lawyers Prove Iraqi Women Pack Raped by Americans
"...happening all across Iraq..."

Much has been made of the sexual humiliation of the men incarcerated by the Crusaders in Abu Ghraib Prison. However the abuse of the female prisoners at Abu Ghraib, and other prisons in Iraq, have gone nearly unnoticed. Although it took photographs to wake the world’s attention to the shenanigans, within the cells, it was actually a letter scribed by a woman prisoner that first exposed what was going on in the infamous prison. The contents of a note that was smuggled out of the prison were so shocking that, at first, Amal Kadham Swadi and the other Iraqi women lawyers who had been trying to gain access to the jail found them hard to believe. It claimed that US guards had been raping women detainees. Several of the women were now pregnant, it added. The women had been forced to strip naked in front of men, it said.
Swadi, one of seven female lawyers now representing women detainees in Abu Ghraib, began to piece together a picture of systemic abuse and torture perpetrated by US guards against Iraqi women held in detention without charge. This was not only true of Abu Ghraib, she discovered, but was, as she put it, “happening all across Iraq”. In November 2003, Swadi visited a woman detainee at a US military base at al-Kharkh, a former police compound in Baghdad. “She was the only woman who would talk about her case. She was crying. She told us she had been raped,” Swadi says. “Several American soldiers had raped her. She had tried to fight them off and they had hurt her arm. She showed us the stitches. She told us, ‘We have daughters and husbands. For God's sake don't tell anyone about this.’” During Swadi’s visit to Abu Ghraib in March, one of the prisoners told her that she had been forced to undress in front of US soldiers. “The Iraqi translator turned his head in embarrassment,” she said.
The Taguba inquiry has corroborated the contents of the letter smuggled out of Abu Ghraib by a woman known only as "Noor". The enquiry found the letter to be entirely in line with the activities going on within the prison. While most of the focus since the scandal broke three weeks ago has been on the abuse of men, and on their sexual humiliation in front of US women soldiers, there is now incontrovertible proof that women detainees have also been abused. Among the 1,800 digital photographs taken by US guards inside Abu Ghraib there are, according to Taguba's report, images of a US military policeman “having sex” with an Iraqi woman.

www.vialls.com...

Warning, disgusting pictures

But maybe you like to put this into perspective ?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with crusades christianity or the resistance.

These are just common criminals, remember that saddam released all the criminals out of abugharib before the war began.

Presumably so that the Americans can fit in all the innocent people.
It's not just christians being abducted .

The resistance has nothing to do with these crimes.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Agreed. They are targetting christians in the islamic world. They should contact churches here in the US and see if any are willing to offer them safe haven. The red cross could transport them to the US.

muslims view this war as an extension of the crusades.

Had Bush never invaded Iraq this would never have happened, and why do they view this as a crusade ? Its all called cause and effect.

If bush never had invaded, it just wouldn't have been reported. You think every country has a free press. IF Iraq was such a great place pre 2003 there wouldn't be shiite death squads now, but there are.

The only difference between then, pre 2003, and now is sunnis don't have the monopoly on death squads "and the power that comes with them" and iraq has a free press that can report on such things.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Islamofasists rape Christians all over the world, you cannot prove this would not happen if Iraq wasnt invaded.

So How Many ISLAMOFASCISTS are there in the United States'

Sexual Assault Statistics in USA

Rape is a serious problem in the United States today. The United States has the highest rape rate among countries which report such statistics. It is 4 times higher than that of Germany, 13 times higher than that of England and 20 times higher than that of Japan.

Only 16% of rapes and sexual assaults are reported to the police (Rape in America: A Report to the Nation. 1992). In 1995 there were 97,460 rapes reported to law enforcement officials. At a 16% reporting rate, this means that there were actually closer to 649,733 rapes in the United States.

1 in 3 sexual assault victims are under the age of 12 (Snyder & Sickmund, 1999) and convicted rape and sexual assault offenders report that 2/3 of their victims were under the age of 18.

Fantastic Numbers Man!

So please explain to me, how many of the Rapists in USA were IslamoFascists?

And how many of them were Parents or close Relatives of the Victims?

AND how many were Christian/Catholic PRIESTS?

[edit on 23/11/06 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Okay, that's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure. However, as I showed you, the percentage of Christians in prison is equivalent to the percentage of Christians in the general populace.

Your just plain wrong WyrdeOne, but just keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to know, im not conceding anything im afraid.

LINK

The data came from Denise Golumbaski, who was a Research Analyst for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The data was compiled from up-to-the-day figures on March 5th, 1997.
Catholic 29,267 31.432%
Protestant 26,162 28.097%
None/Atheist/Unknown 18,537 19.908%
Muslim 5,435 5.837%
American Indian 2,408 2.586%
Nation of Islam 1,734 1.862%
Rastafarian 1,485 1.595%
Jewish 1,325 1.423%
Church of Christ 1,303 1.399%
Pentecostal 1,093 1.174%
Moorish 1,066 1.145%
Buddhist 882 0.947%
Jehovah's Witnesses 665 0.714%
Adventist 621 0.667%
Eastern Orthodox 375 0.403%
Latter-day Saints 298 0.320%
Scientology 190 0.204%
Hindu 119 0.128%
Santeria 117 0.126%
Sikh 14 0.015%
Baha'i 9 0.010%
ISKCON 7 0.008%
-------------------- ------ --------
Total 93,112 100.000%

So as this study shows 60pc Christian not your 80pc claimed.

LINK

The racial composition of America's prisons remained relatively unchanged. As of Dec. 31, 2003, about 44% of all inmates were black, 35% were white and 19% were Hispanic. Nationally, about 9% of all black males age 25 through 29 were in prison, compared to nearly 3% of Hispanic males and 1% of white males.

Catching on yet Wyrdeone ?

quickfacts.census.gov...

White persons, percent, 2004 (a) 80.4%

So White people 80pc of Population and 35pc of Prison population, ouch, bet your dissapointed huh ?

Sorta debunks your claim of Gangs of White Christian Rapists roaming the country side huh ??

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Perhaps if Iraq is partitioned a small area could allocated To Iraq's minority Christian population. Whether or not Iraq is a large enough geographical area to give the Christians there own state without taking to much land away from the other ethnic groups is the key question.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
NumberCruncher - you might want to add those numbers again. The number of Christians in prison is higher than 60%, even according to your own statistics.

Also, if you delve a little deeper into the numbers you will see that poverty has more to do with turning people into criminals than race ever has or ever will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join