It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Master Cleanse (TRG's Journel)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
ok.
Its just NOT working.
The 'Me on the cleanse during the holidays' thing is'nt working very well. Yesterday and today I had cleanse for morning and afternmoon meal but I have eaten dinner. I My last entire cleanse day was the 19th.

My son is asking for ham to be served this weekend with a turkey on Christmas eve.......................so.

I give up.

I am officially giving up a ~total full on cleanse~ untill after the Christmas turkey is no more........ Untill then it will be used as my morning meal, and hopefully the noon meal as well but NO garuntees of noon.

I will come back to this thread.............and journel being on the cleanse....once I am actually fully back on it.

By the way......I am down 13 lbs from my start day.......so it has not been a total failure.

Happy holiday meals to us all this season!

[edit on 21-12-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The NEW PLAN.............was for me to start the cleanse and do it HARD CORE for the new year. So on Monday the first I made my cleanse and drank it most the day. When it came time to make dinner for my son I wanted some SO BAD that I gave myself permission to have dinner, and to then 'get serious' about the cleanse the next day.
Well here it is Saterday the 6th...........and I have done this VERY same thing all dam week. Drank my cleanse all the first part of the day and then go ahead and have dinner telling myself it wont happen like that tomarow.

Man the cleanse
SO HARD TO DO!
I know how painfull it can be, I know how bad it can get, so I get affraid and easily give myself the slack to sluff...........I do not think it is this hard for everybody. I think the healthier you are the easier it is.......but I have fibromyalgia and this is a 'mystery syndrom' to the medical field and it a painfull thing to have....so to detox through it, in attampt to HEAL it...brings me to my knees. Literally.

I am having a VERY HARD time getting on this train and riding it to the end of the line.:bnghd:
Today I meditated for 2 and a half hours straight to get my head right...to get my motivation in place.......
Every day this week I had THOUGHT I was ready..
...and then by the end of the day I have failed :dwn:

This is SO hard !!!!

[edit on 6-1-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Many excuses to keep putting this off....

The main one was serious though because I was waiting for my Maple Syrup order to come from Canada and it took 25 days.....I ordered it after Christmas thinking it would come right after the new year but boy was I wrong

So My 44th birthday was Jan 25th so THAT was now my big 'START DATE".....and I did start, but then had some soup that night. Started over the 26th and wound up making cheese sandwiches in the evening....and starting AGAIN today......and it is 6pm and I just had a cup of vedgetable soup.
I seem to be eating in the later part of the day to stave off the headache.

I am being a big chicken.

This is HARD....
.....and I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting in 'the right mind-set' for it. Why is it that when the caffine headache
starts to throb I think " well I will just eat this ONE LAST meal, and start the big head banger tomarow"
..............BUT putting it off just leaves it for yet another day, and I need to get THROUGH the awfull parts ASAP, and eating is doing the opposite

Writing here helps.......it gives me 'somebody' to answer to...even if it is just answering to my own thread. I am putting this down in hopes it will end up helping me through this......give me a reason to stay the course.....if only to not have to admit to my failure. I want to be healthier....I NEED to fight the FM.:bnghd:

Sooooooooooooooo HERE I go again.........this does NOT count as a cleanse day.
..one can not eat on the cleanse......I am planning to count tomarow as day 1.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Officially Day #1 !

I made it through this day
(so far)

I am determined...and so it will be.

My headbanger is at a dull roar
My muscles are very achey and sore as if I ran 25 miles....and my back feels like it has a fresh wound of some sort.

I am very cold...I have on 3 pairs of socks and double sweatpants....I am still cold.

I am very tired.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok day 2............ CHECK.

A day of medium head aches............

My back is hurting like I broke it just yesterday and all the corosponding muscles ache

My eyes have felt hot and burning.
I think that comes from the extremely BAD AIR quality in Salt Lake.... right now this city is ranked the WORST air in the USA........
(this mountain enclosed valley has BAD winter inversians)
Soooo I am doubting my eye issue is cleanse releted.

I am cold cold cold................and tired.

I am always extrta cold whilst cleansing and I don't knowe exactly WHY that is.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Things were going along nice as can be!

I needed to get some things at the grocery store however, and in the deli section my son see's a sample of baked pita chips and hummus, trys it and exclaims "OH Mom you have to try this its AWSOME!" so without thinking I did.
It took a few minutes for it to register that Ifriggen boofed up the cleanse

I am thinking today can not be counted, cuz I messed it up:bash:

Beyong that lil sample of pita chip & dip I had a decent cleanse day.

Tonight I am having swiss kriss, to move things along.

Tomarow will count as another day on the cleanse, if I can run erronds with my mouth taped shut

My back is killin me today however, and both my heels ache something FIERCE and the heel issue feels contected to sciattica......so though it hurts I know this is a good thing

[edit on 31-1-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Do'h!

Simple enough mistake though, I can see myself doing something like that lol The good thing is that you're just picking yourself up, dusting off and going full speed ahead

I have started today! Well, I am going to give it a try for the next 10 days
I am a smoker so this should be interesting, I am hoping I can quit for good and we are moving house next week so am unsure if keeping busy is a good thing for me or bad, we'll see lol

Just had my first saline wash and
:shk:
Dear Lord it reminded me of when I had my wisdom teeth out, only then I didn't have to actually swallow it.

I have one question I am hoping you can help me with. I haven't been able to find any lax tea on base here, they only stock detox tea. If I am doing the saline wash do I have to have the tea ?
I am going to try GNC today, they will hopefully at least stock 'smooth move' or something.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just did more reading and realized it's useless to do the cleanse without the tea so I am going to start again March 1st. Am heading home next week (after the move, whew got alot goin on right now!) so am sure I'll have better luck with the ingredients

Good luck to you on your MC TRG

[edit on 1-2-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
TRG, you are a trooper.

A few months ago I read about The Master Cleanse and was interested in giving it a go. But I don't think I could possibly do it. As someone who was very athletic, it can be very frustrating when you "pack a few on". For over a year I've probably been 15 pounds overweight. For two weeks now I've been heading to the gym and it's becoming a part of my day to day routine. I eat fairly healthy while watching my calorie intake. In two weeks I've dropped about 8 pounds and I feel great. I just don't think it's all worth it if you need to torture yourself. I am more than happy to do what I have to do, and still reap the benefits.

I don't think I could turn my back on food for that long.

Like I said, you are a trooper. Jaded... Good luck on yours when you do give it a go. Your both stronger than I am.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hi Jaded........ya the saline wash is the worst part IMO

I had a GREAT DAY today I am feeling so VERY perky and energized!!!

Yesterday was rougher though.
Today feels much better and I am thinking I am getting in 'the groove'...........

I use swis kris instead of a tea......I have a teaspoon full of it with water......its all natural and works great.

You can find swis kris at the GNC.

I LOVE LOVE this awsome extra dark pure maple syrup I am getting from White Maple Farms up in Canada.......believe me I have tried quite a few differant pure maples, and there is something rather 'creamy' tasting in this brand that I love........it excellant!

Way to go ~~White Maple Farms~~ people I love you!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks chiss!
.. and thank you TRG, I will definitely look for Swis Kris and have decided to order some Maple Syrup online so I can get it in a larger size (cheaper) and so will now look for the one you have mentioned

Great to hear you're having a good day, I hope it continues for you

Bless

[edit on 2-2-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Ya Jaded I order that syrup online, and its really wonderfull!!

Well I have made it through ANOTHER day here......I am having a hard time with it today I want to eat ham.
I have gotten a ham and am cooking it up for my son....various ways.....and the smell is killing me I am a big fan of pork......makes the cleanse HARD when my house smells like a nice carmelised hamsteak

I did the salt water bath this am...
............UGH UGH I really have a hard time with that and am not doing it every day I think I would die if I had to do it every day.....

I have amazing dreams last night...cleansing seems to cause extra colorfull dreams for me.

smelling the ham is knocking me out I swear....................

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Today was not half as tough as yesterday.
Whew!

I have been EXTRA sleepy today and ALMOST have gone down for a nap 3 differant times but never quite did.

Hands and feet are freezing today to...extra chilly.

I got my son to cook for himself today and that a BIG help to not have to deal with preperation

I just had my swiss kriss and its bedtime for cleansers.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
TRG, I think if you had met your goal of not eating or drinking anything but saltwater, lemonade and laxative tea for 3 months, you'd be dead by now.

Is this thing really safe?

[edit on 2/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
drink salt water?

thats how pirates go insane!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
TRG, I think if you had met your goal of not eating or drinking anything but saltwater, lemonade and laxative tea for 3 months, you'd be dead by now.

[edit on 2/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

Oh DJ lolerz I haven't been doing this for 3 months............when I first started 3 months ago I made it for 10 days......then I tryed to give it a second go-round in december and failed MISERABLY

Now I am trying again....and stumbleing along attempting to get in the groove and buckle down and DO THIS.......

Thanks for worrying but it truly IS safe.....I did this solidly for 40 full days and nights 2 years back ...................

This time I am trying to do 30 days,(or more if I am feeling good with it)
but that means a STRAIGHT 30 days with no flub ups.......flub ups force me to restart the count because for some reason its the days CONSECUTIVELY following the cleanse that matter so much somehow and come so dam CLOSE to actually burning th fibromyalgia right out of my body..........................wich is my dearest hope and goal

Lysergic this is all KEWL DOOD because I AM allready a KWAZY PIRATE ARRRRGGGGG!
dont-cha-no
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night I had a terrible break of the cleanse and I wasnt aware of it untill today.....I guess I was sleep walking/EATING.......and from the looks of things I ate some dry 'SmartStart' cereal and some black eyed peas and ham....I left a strange mess in the kitchen and my son swears it was not him, and I took a handfull of the dry cereal back to bed with me and it made for some crunchy sleeping

So I made the bed with fresh sheets and tonight I will make sure I get a BIG FAT DRINK of cleanse prior to sleeping so I wont be dreaming of food and 'sleep' eating in the night......this isnt an issue I have had happen before....very odd.:bnghd: MOST frusterating.......and quite embarassing to admit it even happened but this IS a journel of this experiance so everything counts and will be documented.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

A lot of big stars use it to slim down really fast. That doesn't mean it is safe, but it certainly works if someone can stick to it. But it does indicate that you can survive it. I've looked for Burroughs' site on the Cleanse, but it seems to be down. But a quick Google search does bring up a lot of sites on the Cleanse.

-3 Tablespoons of Organic Maple Syrup.

-Entire juice from one lemon.

-1/8 of a teaspoon of our Cayenne Pepper Blend Powder, or more.

-Fill the rest of the jar with purified water.

TRG can confirm it, but it appears that this little mixture is what makes up the concoction. It certainly detoxifies your system, but I think you could do just as much damage as good to your system. The gaps between solid food are extensive and then attempting to introduce the food back into your system, a lot of trickery would come into play.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
yup Chissler THATS the master cleanse allright.

Coming OFF the cleanse is VERY IMPORTANT that you follow the directions stated. It is also a good idea to get some enzymes from a healthfood store to get your intestinal tract back in shape.......

You make a vedgetable soup after the first couple days off the cleanse and you only get to have the broth for a day to ready yourself for the actual vedgies.

Man tonight I have a banger :bash: of a headache and my sciattica is
SCREAMING
on my left rump and leg..........(the bad pains are burning HARD so as to burn themselves out)
If this DID NOT do so many AMAZING and great things for me physically I would'nt do it beyong 10 days...........ROFLMAO not for all the weight loss in the world!! It is just so hard......
....its a GREAT way to make yourself quit smoking, because if you smoke while on the cleanse the cigs make you puke.

I have a doctors apointment tomarow for a full check up and YES I will be telling my doctor what I am trying to do cleanse-wise...........We have discussed this before and she has been amazed at what I have been able to heal in this manner.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
ok I have not checked in here for a couple of days because I have had a rought time of this the last couple of days.I do not ever remember having such a difficult time SATYING the course of the cleanse...........

My Doctor said I looked better than she can even recall seeing me look..........
But this is true of anybody who see's me during a cleansing period. My skin glows and my eyes are bright....

Today wasnt as hard as the last 2 days.....I broke down yesterday and had a banana because it just smelled so good.
I KNOW I SCREWED UP YET AGAIN!

Like I just said though I have NEVER had such a hard time of this........I don't know WHY it is so tough on this go round.....not a clue.

My back where I broke it is a seriously painfull thing tonight so I am not going to write anything much online tonight.....and I am just going to forgive my screwing up tthis cleanse again and keep on keeping on.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I used limes today and its a nice change

YES, you can use limes.
According to Stanley Burroughs the fresh juice from lemons OR limes may be used.
I strictly use the recipie he recomends, and not the ones that are 'close' that can be found on the net......

~The Master Cleanse~
2 tablesppons of fresh lemon or lime juice
2 tablespoons of PURE dark grade C maple syrup (or less if your doing this for the wirght loss)
Add pure spring water to this so it adds up to 10 ounces.
1/8th teaspoon of ceyanne pepper (or more if you can take the heat)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join