It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens after the War on Terrorism is over!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Indeed what does happen when its all over and papers are signed proclaiming peace at last. I really don't think anyone is ready for such a thing to happen. Will the laws enacted to control our borders and monitor our lives going to be recended
and proclaimed a hit. How will history even show people that spoke out against the Patriot Act or any of the many Acts passed since 911, in the end history is written by a few people that are choosen to do so. Will the Dems be the Heros or will the Reps be the heros, or will the American people that stoodup and choose to act like free people be the real heros of the War on terrorism.
Someone said today on the internet that Bush stated america is just a idea and should have no borders, I really did not understand its meaning since it can have many. I would like to think we are separate from the world not only by our borders by by our ideas and form of government , which even though are lead astray by zionism it still can comeback stronger then ever if only we believe we can.
If the laws are left in place can America survive as a country of We the People, or we the zionist slave and thus everything before is gone forever!
I don't think leaving Iraq will stop the terror attacks around the world and even if the governments did them themselfs it still would not stop what has developed
fom the Wars in the ME and other places. From them will grow a super terrorist network far greater then even what the governments could have developed but what only God could have shaped.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
He did state something about America is an idea. I'm not sure what about because my memory is cloudy on that but I think it had to do with terrorism.

He said that in his 2006 State of Union Speech

[edit on 1-1-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You are talking about something that is not likely to happen for another fifty years or better. If there is indeed a true "war on terrorism," something which I am beginning to doubt, then it is not apt to end anytime soon. Even Bush and Cheney have admitted that the "war on terrorism" is not likely to end within the next fifty years.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There will always be terrorism. It cannot be defeated.

From State, to nationalism, to political and even to such things as animals rights, etc. Its a war that cannot be won, only brought under control.

Look at the UK, 200 years of terrorism. From Catholics, to Republicans, Unionists, Zionist, neo-nazi, Arab nationalism, Islamic and now Animal rights. It does not go away. You will always get a group that will use arms to win their struggle.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Animal rights activists are "terrorists" now? Wow..
That is quite a leap of judgment... Somehow I am not surprised though. I look for anyone who doesn't agree with the status quo to be labeled "terrorists" eventually.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Animal rights activists are "terrorists" now? Wow..
That is quite a leap of judgment... Somehow I am not surprised though. I look for anyone who doesn't agree with the status quo to be labeled "terrorists" eventually.

In the UK, they have placed bombs outside people's homes, petrol bombs and death threats. Thats not activistism and i didnt meantion activists in my posts...so please, don't twist my words.

May i point out that i am a Vegetarian, so i doubt i am apart of the status quo either

*yawns*

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The war on terror is an ideology made and put together by the Bush administration.

In this way it make possible to tag undesirable nations or just pick nations that would make the meaning of fighting terror a justify issue.

Because of the nature of this war it will have not end as long as our nation keep pointing fingers to other nations that do not share the same point of view, as ours, becoming terror sponsoring states.

Also the war on terror is profitable when our nation see necessary having to go into other countries to fight terrorism.

While the profits are not to benefit our nation or its citizens it will benefit many groups that are directly involve with our governments defense budget.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I fear that the war on Terrorism will never end as the target will move, and there is too much of a vested interest in maintaining all our military.

I see in the thread that people are mentioned animals rights in the UK and the UK has lived with Irish terrorism for the last 30 years so we see the target moving.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It also depends on how you define terrorist. Some may feel that invading a nation that has not attacked you, bomb thier cities, cut off water and power, arrest and hold citizens without charge etc are terrorist acts.

No terrorism will never end; it will only get worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
SO long as we are killing innocent men, women and childeren there will always be someone wanting revenge on the USA.

And terrorism is such a lose term now, especially if it benefits corporations 'ie' halliburton in labeling certain people/groups terrorists.

So long as we are bombing a country that doesnt deserve to be bombed, we will forever be facing anti-american feelings.

The war on terrors a fake, a farse.. a setup and a con.
Even the russian president said

'' the USA economy funds itself on WAR ''

The only problem this time, is that the key corporate figures have ensured all the extra $$ made from war, ends in their pockets. and not in the hands of the government itself.

The WAR on terror will never finish.
It sure as heck wont finish in Iraq or Afghan.

So long as there is an Iraq left, there will always be someone willing to fight for their home.
And rightly so.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The next "big" war will come after the War on Terror has played itself out politically and economically.

The USA's military industry became gigantic during the 20th century. Capitalism requires infinite growth for sustainability and for the military industries, growth is war. Unfortunately for their bottom line, there isn't that much in the way of big wars anymore.

Whether or not the current War on Terror is a manufactured conspiracy, the military industry and most likely the USA in general, got saved by its economic miracle spending surge. Another miracle war will have to happen pretty much immediately after the War on Terror winds down.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There will always be terrorism. It cannot be defeated.

From State, to nationalism, to political and even to such things as animals rights, etc. Its a war that cannot be won, only brought under control.

Look at the UK, 200 years of terrorism. From Catholics, to Republicans, Unionists, Zionist, neo-nazi, Arab nationalism, Islamic and now Animal rights. It does not go away. You will always get a group that will use arms to win their struggle.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by infinite]

More like at least 400 years. Remember, remember, the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot.....

But, it depends on your definition of a terrorist.

After all, only about 6 nations in the world call hezbollah terrorists, the rest call the Geurillas or freedom fighters.

We, in the 1980's, called the Afghan's Mujahadeen, guerilla's or freedom fighters. The Soviets called them terrorists.

See where I am going?

There can be no "win" in the "War on Terrorism". It is just a word. How can you declare War on a word? Highlights Bush and Blairs collective IQ, and to a lesser extent the general populace's, methinks...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

More like at least 400 years. Remember, remember, the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot.....

But, it depends on your definition of a terrorist.

After all, only about 6 nations in the world call hezbollah terrorists, the rest call the Geurillas or freedom fighters.

We, in the 1980's, called the Afghan's Mujahadeen, guerilla's or freedom fighters. The Soviets called them terrorists.

See where I am going?

There can be no "win" in the "War on Terrorism". It is just a word. How can you declare War on a word? Highlights Bush and Blairs collective IQ, and to a lesser extent the general populace's, methinks...

Stumason, excellent post very well said.

It's been a long time coming but i never tire of such probing statements

You have voted stumason for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Unfortunatly there will never be an end to the war on terror. Someone somewhere will always have a gripe or beef with someone else. That simple dissatisfaction with the way things are going will escelate starting off as a good for all expression of freedom of speach, then someone will spraypaint it somewhere. Then someday a bomb will go off somewhere. The problem is cyclic. If you had the best civilization in the world someone would not like it.

People are prone to find fault with anything. Eventualy a group of like minded people will come about that hate the idea that a civilization has. They will act against it. They will either give themselves a label. or they will be labled.

And so the progression of terrorists will continue.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There are no terrorists but only those who are oppresed and suffer at the hands of others. Those who wish to fight and stand against the evil of others are labbelled terrorists, well they are not, they are freedom fighters fighting for rights and injustice. Everyday in our so called democracies people lose their homes, jobs, welfare, they are denied adequate medical care etc. do we fight back? No most of us sit in our comfy bubbles indifferent to the suffering of our fellow man.

When someone has the spine to do something about it we label them as terrorists, we now have laws in the UK/US that say even if you speak out against the system your a terrorist, well you can call me a terrorist anyday.
What would I do if the UK was invaded by anyone, well I would fight the invaders whom ever they may be, just as Iraq's and Afganis are doing. Its not the individual that creates the terror but the state, the church the rich, they all impose a system on us, fight back and your a terrorist. Well look at it from the other side of the coin, whatr would you do if your country was being attacked and I dont mean the 9/11 bullcrap.

Would you not fight back and if you did why is fighting back wrong, the more you argree to the system the stronger your prison will become. Remember its the ideals and the ambitions of the few who cause these problems not the masses, all men, women and children in the world wish to live peacefully in their own lands free from the ideologies of the few who wish to control the said masses.

Its simple violence begets violence, treat others harshly, murder, maim and torture, displace people, rob them of their wealth deny them their freedom and theirs your recipe for your terrorism.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think Terrorism is to general ... Look the word up in the Dictionary ... Terrorism ... is almost compensation for what we are doing over there fighting ... If anyone is the terrorist AMerica is ... but what about all the Bad things happening in the world .... There will always be bad things happening .. and if America thinks they can stop that ... Look inside its own walls ... and shut up ...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What hapens after the War on Terrorism is over?

Dunno', but you don't have to worry about it. That won't happen until well after you lifespan is over.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
All this talk about he War being over is premature. We haven't instituted the draft yet. We haven't got to use those nifty 'internment camps. We haven't even fully established the police state, so don't go gettin the cart before the horse. Oh yeah it won't end until every drop of black gold is drained from that little Iraqi sandtrap.

new topics

top topics

join