It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason Michael Richards Loses It...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Or is it?

November 30, 2006 -- THE K-K-Kramer scandal murdered Michael Richards' career - but it's doing wonders for sales of the latest "Seinfeld" DVD.

Season 7 of the popular sitcom is outselling the Season 6 set (released on the same day last year) by more than 75 percent, and more than 90 percent over season 5 at some online DVD retailers, according to TMZ.com.

On Barnes and Nobel's Web site, the DVD set is the sixth-best selling and Amazon ranks it in 12th place.

www.nypost.com...

I'm sure Jerry isn't bummed about this.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
not very becoming of a Freemason isn't it?

Anyone ever notice that there are no black people in Seinfeld? i've seen probably 80 percent of all episodes and never once have I seen a black man. Oh those Jews.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
well i wasnt a very close follower of the show, but i do know that they had a "Johnny Cacrin" (sp) style lawyer on the show who was as black as any black man i have ever known

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
must have missed that one. Still a Mason who recites all kinds of terrible racist jokes should not be tolerated.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Here is what I want to know.Why is it that everytime a "Freemason" does something like this,it's all of a sudden a reflection on the Freemasons? Why wasn't Mel Gibson's outburst against Jews all of sudden a reflection on Catholics or Christians?

How is it that a handful of men's actions,just because they are affiliated with a certain group,all of a sudden a reflection on the whole group? It's rather ridiculous to me.

mel gibson got attacked for making the passion because everybody said he was an anti-semite. he confirmed it this year and i can't believe nobody's slammed him for it. crazy.

Reganero,let me point out where the difference is. Gibson was personally attacked. People didn't attack his religion or beliefs because of something he did. Whereas, the Freemasons are being attacked for something that a so-called member did on his own accord. You see the difference?

[edit on 2-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Andy Dick hasn't learned anything from the Michael Richards incident.

According to sources, the hopped-up comedian hopped onstage Saturday at L.A.'s Improv comedy club and dropped the n-bomb on a room full of stunned clubgoers.

www.tmz.com...

I find Andy Dick even less scintillating than Michael Richards... Is racism the new cry for attention? Can Hollywood has beens (or have nevers for that matter) just quietly fade away, or would an on stage beat down be more appropriate?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity
Still a Mason who recites all kinds of terrible racist jokes should not be tolerated.

Interesting statement. How about, as an alternative, "Still a person who recites all kinds of terrible racist jokes should not be tolerated."

Anything wrong with THAT version?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity
Anyone ever notice that there are no black people in Seinfeld? i've seen probably 80 percent of all episodes and never once have I seen a black man. Oh those Jews.

There was one episode where Kramer was dating a black girl.

He fell asleep in a tanning bed before meeting her parents and appeared to be in "blackface" makeup.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Kramer called a member of the audience the N-word (repeatedly)

He was then called a cracker by a disgruntled member of the audience. (just doesn’t have the same effect, does it)

Isn't it strange that you felt it necessary to not write out the "N-word" but you had no problem writing out the word "cracker"?

Oh I guess that's kind of off topic. Um...this definitely should not reflect on the Masons as a whole.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
Isn't it strange that you felt it necessary to not write out the "N-word" but you had no problem writing out the word "cracker"?

lol, if I had written the “C-word”, we’d probably all think of a word much worst that the N-word…

But ya, you point out a good example of the double standard at work. I hesitated to type the n-word and had no problem (or even a thought) about writing cracker.

BTW, I’m not a Mason. (even if I were, no mason speaks for the whole of masonry)

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I think the whole n-word thing is stupid. Nigger just comes directly from Latin niger which simply means the color black.

The whole connotation that's arose around this word and its evolution into an offensive term has been quite recent, and I think should be dispatched with quickly. Blacks use this word to describe themselves in their music and street talk all the time.

I'm not saying we should just start throwing the word around, but I really don't think it holds the meaning it used to, but PC groups still want to use it as a divisive racial tool.

I was reading somewhere that someone was punished for using the word "niggardly" but that word has no etymological connection to Latin niger or 'n-word'.

I know I'm kind of rambling on, but I think we should move beyond the point where such words that had stupid meanings added them in the past hurt anymore and strip the bad connotations or retire the word completely for once and for all.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I was reading somewhere that someone was punished for using the word "niggardly" but that word has no etymological connection to Latin niger or 'n-word'.

Reminds me of a case in England a few years ago when the media was whipping up pedophilia-hatred after a few high profile cases. An ignorant mob fueled by hysteria attacked and seriously injured a pediatrician due to a lack of undertanding of the difference between the two.

I know I'm kind of rambling on, but I think we should move beyond the point where such words that had stupid meanings added them in the past hurt anymore and strip the bad connotations or retire the word completely for once and for all.

I'm rambling too, what I meant to say was RIGHT ON and that's worth a WATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The correction of egoism is within the providence and means of the creator.

"On bended knee...They shall be as white as snow."

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Landis

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Richards is a RACIST.

Everybody is racist. Some people have the balls to admit it, some don't.

Wow .. so everyone has your obscured view of the world and they are just too afraid to admit it?

I think people should be judged by their actions and character no matter what race they are... I see hateful people on a very low level no matter what race they are.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Light
I'm a Mason, and Michael Richards certainly does not speak for me nor demonstrate the characteristics of the brothers I know.

I agree with the others here who said that this behavior was outrageous, and the act of one man who has anger problems, not an organization.

I am glad to hear that. None of us are perfect, but bad behavior should be called exactly like it is, and hope people take personal responsibility and ACTIONS to correct their bad behavior and wrong doings.. and i really think it speaks low of people when they try and justify things that were clearly wrong for themselves or other people, so i hope many of these SUPOSED masons speaking here justifying these kind of outbursts do not represent Freemasonry as a whole..

My grandpa who is a mason has made racist comments about Japanese people, but I think that has to do with him fighting in world war 2 rather then anything to do with masons...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is how you address race in comedy. Notice how the comedian balances the humor. Approach is everything.

youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think it's another example of how Lucifer gets us to act, regardless if he is a freemason or not. Freemasons aren't any better then the next good man.

I know, I know, those wacky Christians again, LOL.

Regardless, his actions were inexcusable.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join