It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason Michael Richards Loses It...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I just knew you were a Mason, Mirthful, I just knew it... I could smell it on you from half a World away.

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Disturbing video:

us.video.aol.com...

*Adult Content Censored, But View At Own Risk*

Bad Error

We're sorry, the clip you are trying to play is not currently available. Please excuse this inconvenience and try again later. [EC-NAF]

I saw it on Google video, anyway.

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness there inside you
Makes you feel so small

But I see your true colours
Shining through
I see your true colours
That's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colours
True colours are beautiful,
Like a rainbow

I jest, of course.

Will you grant me one simple question, Mirthful Me? Would you be so kind?

How many Black Men are there in your Lodge?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
::Wondering why Gallzu is sniffing Mirthful::

In my lodge we have predominately caucasian but also have many brothers of of other
colors, though I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make. I've sat in lodge with
brothers of every color and faith.

EDIT: Looks like the post from Gallzu was removed?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by AngelWitch]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWitch
::Wondering why Gallzu is sniffing Mirthful::

In my lodge we have predominately caucasian but also have many brothers of of other
colors, though I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make. I've sat in lodge with
brothers of every color and faith.

Hah. Don't worry about me. My post was more lighthearted than it came across.

Thanks for answering my question, anyway. I wasn't really trying to make a point with it as much as I was trying to find out information. I would, or would not have made a point depending on his answer. I found your answer to be quite encouraging. If what you say is true, then I really have no point to make.

Could I ask another question though? You implied that you have some understanding of what goes on in a Masonic Lodge; Will Richards be disciplined for this clearly unacceptable stage performance?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A registration date certainly can be deceptive, can't it, Intrepid? I wonder what else about me can be, too.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What we have here is a brother in need. (wouldn't it be unmasonic to drop him at his lowest? I mean it’s not like he is the spokesman for the white supremacist power.)

He appears to be greatly boozed up. I missed a comments he made the first time I watch it. He adds: (near the end)

“That’s what happens when you stand up to the white man.”

The way he got of stage after being called a washed up actor was truly sad.

[edit on 21/11/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Unlikely...

Ah, ok. I'm not a doctor. Neither do I have any experience with brain tumors. It was just the first that came to my mind. Whiskey actually sounds like a possible explaination for it (no excuse though).

I don't think either alcohol or tumors are to blame. I think he thought he was being funny. I've been to a lot of standup comedy and things like this need to be taken in context. I don't think he lost it at all. I believe he was being 'edgey' - testing taboos, or something.

The justification for this will be 'in the name of comedy' but quite frankly it just wasn't funny. Some things are not spoken for a very good reason, because they go beyond obtuse humor and just plain offend. I think a quote from my ritual is in order here:

... and, as the builder raises his column by the level and perpendicular, so ought every Freemason to conduct himself towards this world; to observe a due medium between avarice and profusion; to hold the scales of justice with equal poise; to make his passions and prejudices coincide with the just line of his conduct...

I would expect more from a man who has been honored in the way that he has. It shows him in a bad light and has brought disrespect onto the Scottish Rite in particular and freemasonry in general.

Shame.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
What we have here is a brother in need. (wouldn't it be unmasonic to drop him at his lowest? I mean it’s not like he is the spokesman for the white supremacist power.)

I agree, here we have a perfect example of a man in need of masonic instruction. However I'm not so sure about the honors.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OK there are several things here.
first what led up to this 2.5 minutes of anger? nothing has been said or published of that.
what was contained in the "hecklers" dialog prior to this 2.5 minutes?

second, given Mr. Richards appearant education and intellegence level could it be possible that he uses 'n-word' as it is defined by Webster? Uneducated and ignorant?
In my own 50 years of life I have known and associated with people of all races and religions. It has been my experience that there are more " cracker,honkey,'n-word's"
than in any other race. Is it possible that the White anglo-saxon xian objection to the use of this word is a deep seated unwillingness to face their own racial and religious bigotry?

third, why is it objectionable for one person to use this word and OK for others? It is
common knowledge that young BLACK people often refer to each other as 'n-word'. why
should others be condemed for the same thing?

As a matter of fact in 1966 in Dallas Texas my Father was on an elevetor with a black Gentleman. During their talk in the elevator this Gentleman made a statement to my Father " its them 'n-word's thats getting us Black folks in trouble".

During my life I have had the pleasure of knowing many people of different races. As
a matter of fact I have known many "of color" that I would welcome into my home
before I would those of my own race, especially WASP's.

Before judging Mr. Richards it would be well to get " The rest of The Story".

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ERR DAMN stupid free wifi bs crap.. big long post and it is lost because ATS can't back page to what ever you typed when the freaking page can't load!

Anyways.

the sum of it was -

He wasn't joking, unless you count 'we would have hanged you upside down with a fork in your ass" a joke, or a really lame insult, either way.. really dumb.

Blacks shouldn't be allowed to call eachother the N word if no one can call them the N word, doesn't make much sense to me.. if your so offended that someone hurts your feelings yet you throw around the word like it's nothing.

He shouldn't be "punished" in any way because quite honestly he didn't break a law, he can say what ever he wants, I think alot of white people have the same built up hostility and aside from that he punished him self because hes now officially a true washed up actor.. he will never do another show as long as he lives because he is to much of a liability and no one will go see him out of not liking him now, or for fear of going and people think they are racist for going to see a racist.

Stupid internet.

Don't know why we can't refresh the page or backspace with out loosing everything..

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ok , i have read the thread , watched the vidio clip , read the external siuce news article - and i am flumoxed
that the hell has his masonic membership got to do with this isssue ?

second i would really like to see the footage prior to the clip released , in the news articles - the perepetrator dismisses it as " playfull heckling " , yeah right

thats why they did not show one second of it , but showed the compere take mr richards place on stage .

even handed un biased reportage at its finest

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Here is what I want to know.Why is it that everytime a "Freemason" does something like this,it's all of a sudden a reflection on the Freemasons? Why wasn't Mel Gibson's outburst against Jews all of sudden a reflection on Catholics or Christians?

How is it that a handful of men's actions,just because they are affiliated with a certain group,all of a sudden a reflection on the whole group? It's rather ridiculous to me.

mel gibson got attacked for making the passion because everybody said he was an anti-semite. he confirmed it this year and i can't believe nobody's slammed him for it. crazy.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have always admired his comedic genious and this doesn't blemish my admiration for him at all.

The guy &%$d up, thats it. One too many insults pushed him over the edge and he lost it.

I haven't seen too much mention of whats been going on in his life as of recent, that being said, he could be going through quite of bit of personal stuff no one has any inkling of.

What was said on stage, whether in anger or a poor attempt at comedy, does not appear to be common place for Richards, and to that I say get over and move on.

If his outbursts continue... I shall re-evaluate my position and back step gracefully and quietly.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I thought it was funny actually.

If freedom of speech has it's limits, then those limits apply to all, not one spicific race.

I personally don't care what I call people, who I offend, or what other people call me. If only the rest of this screwed up world would think like me and not be offended by stupid little bull# then we'd be better off. It's just words people.

Also, we don't know what way he was using the word "'n-word'". It's very possible he meant it in a racial way, but the correct definition of the word is "ignorant" and has nothing to do with the black race.

Michael Richards is a very smart man from what I've heard. I just don't see arrogant and ignorant racist white boy behavior coming from him. Maybe he was drunk. If that was the case, I don't even want to hear you people say you haven't said something messed up while you were drunk. Nobody's perfect.

And, we don't even know what the hecklers were saying. Are they automatically innocent in this? What if they were throwing racial slurs his way? Are those excused just becuase they're black? I'm sick of this preferrential treatment being given to blacks like we need to suck up to them because of the race's history. The whole slavery issue is unfortunate but, damn people, move on. It was a very long time ago. The only thing keeping the racial bull# going is the fact that we see people as white and black. When you give special treatment to one race to make up for something, you're creating a gap in between the two. Why can't we just see humans as humans instead of seeing them as white and black? Grow the hell up, move on, and get over it.

He had the right to say what he said and he shouldn't be forced to apologize.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
The guy &%$d up, thats it. One too many insults pushed him over the edge and he lost it.

I agree. And when a stranger of another race or color really pisses you off, that's the first thing you usually go after. I'm sure a black comedian would have done the same thing if a white, asian, etc. audience member started heckling and he couldn't handle it gracefully. I'm sure many here will act like they're above that, and only they know for sure, but I think most everybody is racist to a degree, especially when they're angry at a stranger they know nothing else about. Ithink it's just a human reaction to differences that cause us to get the 'us' vs. 'them' feeling when we're mad.

As for his Masonic standing, sorry, you guys are human too. I respect your dedication to your fraternity, but at sometime, the uglier side of humanity will push it's way out of everybody.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I can't even believe this is an issue. Last I knew, in America, you could think and speak any way you wanted to. They even went so far as to put this in writing in the Constitution. This whole "political correctness" thing is crap, just another example of attempting to controll how we act and think. Media brainwashing, pure and simple.

"Oh, if you think that, you must be ba-a-ad!" "If you say this, you are not a fit member of society."

I don't care if he's a Mason, or a basketball player, or a politician, or a pirate, he has a right to say what he wants and not have his career ruined over it. Same as the rest of us.

I personally don't talk like that, because 1) I really don't have a problem with anyone, and 2) because I think using that kind of language displays ignorance and a plain lack of manners. However, that doesn't mean I don't support anyones right to go ahead and display just how ignorant they are.

Peolpe need to either lighten up, or toughen up. There are way to many serious issues going on in the world to worry about what anyone says about them.

Like my Granddad usd to say, "Call me anything you want, Just don't call me late for supper."

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sorry but I'm really getting offended by this... all the people wanting to just let this go on this site and other places I've been and these same people still want Mel Gibson on a platter though.

So I see the game now: when it is one of your own do damage control, when it is somebody else it is a crime.

That is immoral.

I want this guys head on a platter for all of hollywood to see because he is a high profile person, an actor and famous.

He is also a freemason and jewish.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think he was angry and was using a word. No big deal. Its not like he robbed the guy or preyed on him. Its not like he was cut in front of in line and had some guy the size of a house stare him down and say "what chew lookin at honky" and made him fear his life. Why is it that hundereds of black comedians can say what they please about other races, honky, cracker, the man, white boy, y'all aint got no cool, or any of the thousands of things said towards white people and are seen to be ok.

Just my saying these things will make the brainwashed masses think I am the one beoing racist. How about a realist? Here is one for you. This phrase alone will make people have a knee jerk reaction thinking you are being a racist. "White Pride" how about this one "white power" ? I see "black pride" and "black power" no one cares about that.

Wake up. He made a mistake and should not have said what he did. He only did what hunderds of black comedians get away with on a daily basis...

No double standards please.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey, I'm really sad about what happened. Michael Richards is one of the greatest comics ever.

He kinda got screwed by not being able to start a new show with the name 'Kramer'...shoulda been a 'Frasier/Cheers' thing. What a powerful character he created.

I hope he is able to accomplish more. I hope he and everyone else can put this behind him. It was indeed a very unfortunate thing that happened. This guy is amazing.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I think he was angry and was using a word. No big deal.
Wake up. He made a mistake and should not have said what he did. He only did what hunderds of black comedians get away with on a daily basis...

No double standards please.

Gibson made a mistake so are you campaigning for his innocence?

Furthermore, this guy went on a long tirade and repeated himself several times and even went on tangents in his ranting.

The chosen people believe they are above the law and morals of the rest of us it appears.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
i realize he's a 33rd degree. but so what?

Is someone implying that he's racist because he's a mason .. like the masons teach this stuff or something???

I think he's probably very much able to be a racist all on his own without having the masons brought into it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join