It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason Michael Richards Loses It...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Disturbing video:

us.video.aol.com...

*Adult Content Censored, But View At Own Risk*

Michael Richards, aka "Kramer" from "Seinfeld," is in hot water for spewing several racial slurs onstage at The Laugh Factory over the weekend.

An inexcusable tirade that defies defending. I would suspect this will seriously impact his acting career, and should also be reviewed by the Grand Lodge Of California, and the Supreme Council.

Let the detractors revel.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You must have entertainment tonight on as well.

I dont think there is any defending his actions, but dont we all lose it sometimes?
I know I have, atleast once. What about you?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
He should get his head examined. No, seriously! He might have a brain tumor or something. That's the impression I got when I heard it.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
You must have entertainment tonight on as well.

Not a chance... Ever... Not even once...

I dont think there is any defending his actions, but dont we all lose it sometimes?
I know I have, atleast once. What about you?

Sure I've lost it, several times... Maybe more... I'm not a public figure, nor do I command the public limelight. When you become a Freemason, even just a regular old garden variety Freemason, you are held, and must hold yourself to a higher standard. I have a Masonic badge on my vehicle, and because I do I never flip people off, or drive aggressively (I wish I could sometimes... There's something satisfying about telling someone they're "number one"). It would reflect poorly upon the fraternity, and would violate my obligation that I took as a Freemason. We all make mistakes, and this is a mistake, and will be used as evidence as to the impeachable character of all Freemasons by the detractors of the Craft. A swift and sure reaction by the Grand Lodge and Supreme Council would minimize the perception of the event.

[edit on 20/11/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He oughta be glad the crowd didn't stomp him like a bug.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
He should get his head examined. No, seriously! He might have a brain tumor or something. That's the impression I got when I heard it.

Brain tumors rarely impede judgement, or cause outbursts... Typically a brain tumor will cause dysfunction; either with motor skills, sensory, or cognitive functions.

I do think there were external factors in this event... Probably something that would reduce inhibitions and increase aggressive behavior... Say something like beer or whiskey.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Unlikely...

Ah, ok. I'm not a doctor. Neither do I have any experience with brain tumors. It was just the first that came to my mind. Whiskey actually sounds like a possible explaination for it (no excuse though).

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here is what I want to know.Why is it that everytime a "Freemason" does something like this,it's all of a sudden a reflection on the Freemasons? Why wasn't Mel Gibson's outburst against Jews all of sudden a reflection on Catholics or Christians?

How is it that a handful of men's actions,just because they are affiliated with a certain group,all of a sudden a reflection on the whole group? It's rather ridiculous to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
ya know i have to say, i'm outraged that he would do that. a good comedian or for that matter a good public speaker knows how to deal with rude people in the audiance, what he did was unexcusible.

However i fail to see how this has anything to do with masonry. i realize he's a 33rd degree. but so what? what does that have to do with him losing his temper like that?

i dont believe he broke any blue book laws there....insulting a man or even bigitry doesnt constitute unmasonic behavior. I'm not saying i condone this at all...i think it's an outrage...but as far as on paper, at least by the Michigan, blue book he hasnt violated any laws or any of his oaths. i dont think there is anything the grand lodge can do about it, nor do i think it's there buisness at all.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by umwolves123]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Those were rather distasteful remarks...
Not very representative of what I call comedy either... but,then again,not much is nowadays.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
it is an unfortunate situation, i would have expected better of him giving what i have read about him. but despite what anyone might say, this shouldnt be a reflection on the order as a whole

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Someone beat me to it, I was going to post and point out he was a mason!!!

www.freemason.com...

heck they even have him mentioned on the upper part of the page.

Men like George Washington, William McKinley, Dave Thomas, and Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld)

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
Someone beat me to it, I was going to post and point out he was a mason!!!

www.freemason.com...

heck they even have him mentioned on the upper part of the page.

Men like George Washington, William McKinley, Dave Thomas, and Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld)

Trolls be here...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I just pointing out how he was a module for the masons recruitment thing, at least from what I see, since alot of sites listed him as being one, and even after that as a role module? Don't get angry at me, I dont have anything against the masons but I question their rituals, or the ones they supposly do.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

Cug

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Would someone care to U2U me what happened?

AOL doesn't like Linux

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Try this link Cug
www.tmz.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Cug, Google Videos got it up now

video.google.com...

For those who can't be bothered to watch it, Kramer called a member of the audience the N-word (repeatedly)

He was then called a cracker by a disgruntled member of the audience. (just doesn’t have the same effect, does it)

While nigga raises relatively few objections when used by black rappers, it generally is considered off-limits to nonblack performers, with exceedingly rare exceptions. According to a 1998 interview with Spin, the Beastie Boys, an all-white hip-hop group, left the stage mid-performance after a friendly but ill-received use of the word to refer to their audience.

en.wikipedia.org...

powerful word indeed…

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Oh boy, this is indeed disturbing and dissapointing.

He seems quite intelligent in the interviews I've read, but I don't think he was excersizing sound judgement at the time of this recording, even if you blame alcohol, that is no excuse for behaving like this.

He should be more cautious with his words and actions, thats for sure.

Too bad for him if thats the way he truly is, and by that I mean racist and bigotted, but in this day and age, keep it to yourself, you only do yourself harm by exposing yourself for the predjudiced remnant of yesteryear that I'm sure the majority of humanity wants to move away from.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm not trying to defend his actions just trying to understand, I have not been able to watch the video as I only have dialup, all I have seen is the few seconds of video on the news, what was the audience saying to him to make him go off on this tirade?

Did someone in the audience insult him or something? What was actually said to him before he went off on his tirade? No excuse for him to use the N-word no matter what anyone said, I live in an area where people still use that word and have actually had to ask people not to use that word in my home, you would not believe some of the attitude I have received after doing this, most were not invited back.

The news media is all over it, in the ten minutes I have been online they have reported on it twice, amazing. I recognize he is a celebrity but there is a war going on, oh maybe the tape is stuck or something, so much of our news iprogramming is pre-recorded and played over and over again.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Here is what I want to know.Why is it that everytime a "Freemason" does something like this,it's all of a sudden a reflection on the Freemasons? Why wasn't Mel Gibson's outburst against Jews all of sudden a reflection on Catholics or Christians?

How is it that a handful of men's actions, just because they are affiliated with a certain group,all of a sudden a reflection on the whole group? It's rather ridiculous to me.

I haven't seen anything in the general media about him being a mason since this surfaced (may have missed it though) but Masons are supposed to hold themselves above such behaviour, to take good men and make them better. As for Mel Gibson's rant, I'd disagree and suggest that it certainly WAS received in many parts of the world as reflecting of Catholicism and Christianity. That said, Brother Kramer deserves a severe dressing-down of some kind. Whether his 33rd degree can be revoked, I don't know. But if it can, I'd suggest that would be a fitting response given the nature of that degree.

As for the actions of a few being taken as emblematic of the whole, that's just human nature looking to quantify the unknown or at least be able to sort (pigeonhole would be perhaps a better phrase) as many things as possible. It's easier than thinking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join