It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitating Islands in Bermuda Triangle Observed by Spy Satellite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Islands in the Bermuda Triangle were photographed levitating by as much as 10 miles off the surface of the ocean in this recently-declassified image from a U.S. spy satellite.

www.ecoenquirer.com...

(Washington, DC) Unusual images of the Earth have occasionally been uncovered after declassification of hundreds of thousands of spy satellite images by the National Imagery Mapping Agency (NIMA). In one of the more spectaular images, gathered on May 25, 2005, the apparent levitation of at least two Caribbean islands above the surface of the ocean was captured (above).

To me the shadows seem to look more like oil or liquid of some sort in the water judging by the looks of the shadows trailing to the left.?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The islands to me look fake. Plus the article came from the enquire seems to make me ven think more that its fake. Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Lol, they're not shadows, its a condition created by the tide. If it was a shadow, it would be the exact same shape as the island.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
well it is the Eco Enquirer, I know nothing about there reputability, So it maybe a fake who knows without looking into it farther, I think it is either liquid as I said or some time of optical illusion.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
it looks as if a couple of the islands have whitecaps on them. that would be real hard to accomplish if the islands were ten miles above sea level.

take a look at the "shadows." you can see them extending back and into the left side of the photo. Those aren't shadows. The islands block the waves, creating a glassy surface which might make the water appear darker, rather than whiter and, therefore, shadow like. Add to that the fact that it might actually be deeper there, or the water might contain reefs, seaweed beds or some other objects that might make the water seem darker.

certainly not levitating islands. they are reserved for super mario world sonic the hedgehog (not to be confused with ron jeremy the hedgehog)

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Crakeur you make a good point about deeper water, the water on the right is very shallow and the darker area to the left drops off after the islands.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is causing that effect or if it's a fake, but skimming through the other articles on that site, I don't think it's a very reliable source, in fact it seems a bit like India Daily or Weekly World News.

Here's a good example Pristine Alaskan Glacier Turns Into Tropical Wasteland

[edit on 11/20/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Islands in the Bermuda Triangle were photographed levitating by as much as 10 miles off the surface of the ocean in this recently-declassified image from a U.S. spy satellite.

I think that any website that has a poll on its homepage with the choices being:

Yes
Sometimes
No
Get what?

is pulling one's leg.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Woland]

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Woland]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't know about this website with the photo. They talk about this massive vegetation die off in the northern hemisphere that takes place every Sept. and October being related to heating oil use.

"We were amazed at the continental scale that this die off occupied", said Dr. John Jorgenson of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. The relatively rapid change in vegetation characteristics was observed from late summer through the fall, when the multi-million dollar NASA instrument recorded a distinct change in vegetation color from green to various shades of yellow, brown, orange, and red.

Umm it's Fall, that's what happens.

Bolstering this theory, Jorgenson claimed, is the observed return of vegetation health in the spring as temperatures warm and heating oil use drops to near zero.

Wow what a stunner there. Vegetation comes back in the spring time. I'm glad a scientist told me about this strange phenomena.www.ecoenquirer.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Somebody's having fun with Google Earth, I see.

Those aren't images from spy satellites... they're from Google Earth. You can find a similar chain of islands in the Bermuda Triangle just of Nasau at:
20°47'31.54"N, 78°16'10.65"W

Let's examine the claims:

In spite of the claims of paranormal enthusiasts, this area is actually well traveled. My parents took their boat from Florida to Bermuda several times in the past 20 years, so I know that it has both commercial and private traffic. Fishing tours are popular in that area.

At least 8 airlines serve the Bermuda area and an equal number serve Nasau.
bermuda-online.org...

Cruise heights are around 25,000 - 35,000 feed (doing this from memory... pilots step in and correct me)... which is 5-7 miles.

Levitating islands would be very visible to ALL plane traffic in the area (and you have a zillion tourists on board the planes with cameras) -- and visible at a distance of over 50 miles. Furthermore, they'd pose a risk to plane traffic -- one that would get a LOT of hot chatter that you could not shut up.

So... you've just run into an "Onion"/"National Enquirer" article. Keep watching them for announcements that a group of chimpanzees have surrounded the Kremlin and levitated it by pounding antelope bones against the ground.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
duh! the whole site is a joke. comedy for sure.

"Penguins "Fed Up" With Media Attention"

with pictures of Pete the angry penguin.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
haha lets get one thing straight, I don't think these islands are floating in the air, at first I thought it may have been liquid, but now believe it's shallow water leading to deep water with the islands on the edge of it.

P.S. I never said what you have quoted either, that came from the snipped artical.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I like this picture too. Proof of global warming, dolphins swimming North:

www.ecoenquirer.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Dolphins do swim north. I know the article and the picture are meant to be funny but we get Dolphins on Long Island (NY) in the late summer, early fall and sometimes into late fall early winter. They usually stay off shore, in the gulf stream waters that are warm and filled with all kinds of more southerly life (manta rays, tuna, sword and sail fish etc). They do sometimes stray inshore and wind up in rescue situations.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The top island is part of Martinique. The second one from the top is Dominica, then you have Guadeloupe, St Lucia, and St Vincent (Below St Vincent, the Grenadines). The one on the right is Barbados.

You people don't know your caribbean islands.

If those islands were levitating hundreds of thousands of people would be dead by now...

I was on a few of those islands a few years ago.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.ecoenquirer.com...

DISCLAIMER
All content on this site, being a mixture of parody, satire, and lame humor, is for entertainment purposes only. If any content is found to be offensive or objectionable in any way, please accept our apologies... but we also suggest that you get a life.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

DISCLAIMER
All content on this site, being a mixture of parody, satire, and lame humor, is for entertainment purposes only. If any content is found to be offensive or objectionable in any way, please accept our apologies... but we also suggest that you get a life.

Oh well it was fun, so if a person comes from the Barbados does that make them a Barbarian

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Nope... A Bajan...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You people don't know your caribbean islands.

If those islands were levitating hundreds of thousands of people would be dead by now...

So how have they adapted to the high altitude conditions there? They must have increased lung capacity and a higher red blood count. That explains why some top track sprinters come from that area. Now it all makes sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Juan Valdez Invents the Flying Island.

The idea came by accident when his coffee plantation's boiler blew up and the land become highly caffeinated. "This will greatly reduce my export costs and I can finally take my family on a nice vacation", he chuckled.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join