Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mystery Plane Identified (theory)!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The origin of one paticular Stealth design has remained a mystery for the longest time. The design was first seem in the 1980's as the proposed "F-19 Stealth Fighter". Over the years the aircraft has shown up here on ATS several times. Every time it comes, it's the subject of hot debate between thoes who believe and those who don't. Anomus sources (reliable people with known connections to the Aircaft industry) have assured me that such a design is REAL and in fact flying. Based on reports and circumstantial evidence, I have peiced together a likely Idenity for this aircraft and it's mission. Here's a model of the design in question:

So what is it? The newest evolution of the Blackbird series of Spyplanes! I believe this is the REAL sucessor to the SR-71, a stealth Blackbird.

What do I base my theory on?

- When the SR-71 was retired from service in the 1990's UAV's were still newer and it was too earily to know for sure they could do the job like manned aircraft.

-Second, Sattelites don't give crises managment capibility like aircraft, they can't go somewhere on short notice or make several passes within a few minutes.

- It would explain the mystery Sonic booms over the Southwast US.

- KC-135Q's are still in use (the Q was built to supprt the Blackbird). They now have been upgraded to become KC-135T's:

Fifty-six of the baseline production tankers were designated KC-135Q, these featuring extra navigation and communications equipment for the dedicated support of the Lockheed SR-71A strategic reconnaissance aircraft, which used high-flashpoint JP-7 fuel. With the SR-71 out of service, the KC-135Qs have reverted to normal tanking duties, although they are often used to support the activities of the Lockheed F-117A. 9th Wing KC-135Qs are being re-engined with F108s, and having air refueling recepticles added, being redesignated KC-135T in the process. Along with the current KC-135R(RT) aircraft they will become more involved with the support of 'stealth' aircraft.

Source:
KC-135 Stratotanker

-The design itself looks like a Blackbird with upgraded stealth features.

I'm thinking this is a new version of the Blackbird, just as the SR-71 replaced the A-12 single seat model, this may have replaced the SR-71 version of the Blackbird. Also, the Presence of a New stealth version of the Blackbird would explain why the US Air Force didn't want the SR-71 back. They didn't need it, and the support equipment was already being sent to support another Blackbird.

So, what do you think? Could there be a new Blackbird flying from Nevada?

Tim

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Ghost01]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Agree with everything you say (existance of a piloted, non UAV, aircraft that replaced the Blackbird). However, I don't think the picture is of that aircraft. No one would dare to release a picture to the general public before the aircraft is declassified.
Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Secret_aircraft6, your assumptions are not wrong. However, i do believe that Ghost01 stated that the picture shows a model of the design. I assume that Ghost01 suspects that this is what the plane looks like, as opposed to stating that it is what the plane looks like.

I do think that Ghost01's theory is plausible.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i think thats a model by testors. they speculated what the next generation (at the time) stealth/spy aircraft would look like.

i remember seeing it in a book about the future of aircraft as well, about 7 - 10 years ago.

in any case, i doubt the united states would be using something like that nowadays. it looks straight out of the 80s, early 90s.

[edit on 11/21/2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I believe that this was the Testor's model released in 1982.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

Actually I have seen something similar to this design before, except that the rear-wing area was larger. A friend who works for an airline, showed me the picture of the aircraft sitting on the flight deck of a navy carrier. My first instinct was to cry "photoshop," but he seemed pretty sincere about it. He claims his younger brother took the photo a few months back while service as an aviation electrician in the Navy. Of course I have no proof that any of this is true, but the design of the aircraft is incredibly similiar, as I said before.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaHomer

Actually I have seen something similar to this design before, except that the rear-wing area was larger. A friend who works for an airline, showed me the picture of the aircraft sitting on the flight deck of a navy carrier. My first instinct was to cry "photoshop," but he seemed pretty sincere about it. He claims his younger brother took the photo a few months back while service as an aviation electrician in the Navy. Of course I have no proof that any of this is true, but the design of the aircraft is incredibly similiar, as I said before.
i bet you $100 that the picture you are speaking of is this one:

www.movie-gazette.com...://images.movie-gazette.com/albums/20050811/stealth-13.jpg

if you didnt know, this is a screen capture from the movie "stealth"

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm sorry, Ghost. You know I normally like your posts and I think you know your stuff, but I don't see what new information or assumptions you are stating.

All that I can see is a photo of a model that is decades old and a summary of arguments which the same posters say every time this topic is brought up.

The photo of your "F-19" model is ridiculous. With knowledge of current aircraft design even an amateur can spot large features of the plane which are redundant and dont fit in with textbook stealth and propulsion design. For example this plane exhibits stealth features which are decades old. At a glance I'd guess that if it was real it would have a higher RCS than the SR-71.

Also i think your proposition that the SR-71 replaced the A-12 is also wrong. The A-12 was developed by Lock-Mart for the sole use of the CIA whereas the SR-71 was the AF version of the A-12.

I dont doubt the fact that there is a secret supersonic plane flying round over nevada but there is NO way it looks like that and chances are it isnt call the F-19.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmmm, looks like the ones below made by Lockheed in the late 70's. (Lockheed made 62 of them). Didn't go Mach 1 though. But it was a Navy airplane used on carriers...you can see where the wings fold in the example above. (see how they tilt up a little bit for maneuvering on the ground?) Guess who else got a few of these? I wonder if I can remember what this airplane was called?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Real or not or model prototype, this is similar to the Forensic Drawing of what a witness seen at the Sirocco crash of June 1947, the other half of the Roswell case.

I know I have the interview and drawing on tape but have been unable to find it on the web. The two vertical fins on top facing inward is almost identical in size and placement as the forensic drawing. The remainder is similar.

The basis of the pic here visually corresponds to the drawing, made in about 1991.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Hmmmmmmmm, looks like the ones below made by Lockheed in the late 70's. (Lockheed made 62 of them). Didn't go Mach 1 though. But it was a Navy airplane used on carriers...you can see where the wings fold in the example above. (see how they tilt up a little bit for maneuvering on the ground?) Guess who else got a few of these? I wonder if I can remember what this airplane was called?

Is this the plane you meant?

The A-5 Vigilante?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by Dallas

Real or not or model prototype, this is similar to the Forensic Drawing of what a witness seen at the Sirocco crash of June 1947, the other half of the Roswell case.

F-19 at Roswell? Accurate or not the above post mixing the F-19 with Roswell would be sheer genius in casting doubt on the existence of the F-19. Somebody knows what they are doing in the disinformation/misinformation department of the US Government.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by Figher Master FIN

Is this the plane you meant?

The A-5 Vigilante?

The A-5 doesn't look very much like either of the models now does it?

And remember I said is was made by Lockheed? Not North American.

Pull your socks up Figher Master FIN. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is a whiff ( what if ) of a old model of a F-19. The modeler altered it to be a navy fighter hence the folding wings.

It's one of several different ideas of what the fictional F-19 would look like.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kulcha
Secret_aircraft6, your assumptions are not wrong. However, i do believe that Ghost01 stated that the picture shows a model of the design. I assume that Ghost01 suspects that this is what the plane looks like, as opposed to stating that it is what the plane looks like.

Well said kulcha,

What I'm saying is that is is my belief that the model is pritty close to the general layout and design of this new spy plane. Of course it's not exact, but I believe that if you could see the Real design, you would see enough simularities to make the connection.

Tim

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by dragon72

This is a whiff ( what if ) of a old model of a F-19. The modeler altered it to be a navy fighter hence the folding wings.

Great. Who made the 'old' model of the F-19? Testor's, Revell? Lockheed Skunk Works?

It's one of several different ideas of what the fictional F-19 would look like.

Great. How did a picture of an 'altered' fictional model get on my den wall?

I anticipate some great fiction. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that is is my belief that the model is pritty close to the general layout and design of this new spy plane.

Tim, assuming this model is 'pritty close' to the general layout and design of a new spy plane would do you imagine the range is?

Or maybe a better question would be, "to spy on who?"

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I'm sorry, Ghost. You know I normally like your posts and I think you know your stuff, but I don't see what new information or assumptions you are stating.

I'm stating that this aircraft design is a new Blackbird Spy Plane! I'm also saying it's not exact but Close!

All that I can see is a photo of a model that is decades old and a summary of arguments which the same posters say every time this topic is brought up.

The photo of your "F-19" model is ridiculous. With knowledge of current aircraft design even an amateur can spot large features of the plane which are redundant and dont fit in with textbook stealth and propulsion design. For example this plane exhibits stealth features which are decades old. At a glance I'd guess that if it was real it would have a higher RCS than the SR-71.

It's a Model! Also, I said that some of the details are wrong! For example, I seriously Doubt that the wings are hinged. Aslo, the inlet is almost certinally not shaped like that and, I have doubts about the canards! The things I'm assuming might be correct:

- General Platform shape (thin front, smooth delta wing with heavy blending, flatter body)
- Curved down wing tips for improved high speed stability
- More centerline mounted engines, w/extensive airframe blending
- Slightly flatter exhaust
- Over body exhaust to hide engines from ground based IR sensors and missiles.

Also i think your proposition that the SR-71 replaced the A-12 is also wrong. The A-12 was developed by Lock-Mart for the sole use of the CIA whereas the SR-71 was the AF version of the A-12.

I dont doubt the fact that there is a secret supersonic plane flying round over nevada but there is NO way it looks like that and chances are it isnt call the F-19.

The A-12 was phazed out when the SR-71 was phazed in! The AF took over most of the airborn reconn mission when it got the SR-71. Theirfore, the SR-71 did in that sense Replace the A-12 in providing the Primary intelligence platform.

I NEVER ONCE said it was called the F-19! May I ask how you got that idea?

What I said was that I believe the aircraft has some similarities with the "F-19" concept. No offence, but please Don't Put words in my mouth, and then tell me they are wrong!

Tim

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What I said was that I believe the aircraft has some similarities with the "F-19" concept. No offence, but please Don't Put words in my mouth, and then tell me they are wrong!

Tim, what do you mean by an F-19 concept? In another post you said the F-19 did not exist.

Also, what range do you imagine that this little spy plane has?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Tim, what do you mean by an F-19 concept? In another post you said the F-19 did not exist.

Also, what range do you imagine that this little spy plane has?

Thanks.

I mean the general shape of the aircraft is simular to the MODEL that was sold as the F-19. A plane called the F-19 doesn't have to exist for the model to be similar in shape to a Real aircraft.

As for the Range, The Complete Encyclopedia of World Aircraft quotes the SR-71's range at 2,590 miles, so I'm guessing this plane might have a range of around 3,000 miles, which would be an improvement of around 400 miles.

Tim

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Ghost01]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join