It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twilight Princess

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow, I have only been playing for a few hours, but already can't put it down. I'm with you, Elite, this is by far the best Zelda put out so far (from another gamer who grew up with Link). Windwaker made me want to buy a guide, TP makes me want to spend frustrating hours finding one little item just so I can enjoy the full gameplay.

Lovin it!

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i just beat level 5.
ive had it for a while but im only playing when my daughter and i have time for it. the other wii games we have and her damn ds games take up some of our gaming time. cest la vie, i dont wana rush through tp, if i beat this game the first week it was out i would be sad right now.

the second dungeon in twilight princess became one of my all time favorte dungeons from a zelda title. then i got to the fifth dungeon and i must say, it was even better then the second. this game just keeps getting better! play it slow , and enjoy it because classics are the best the first time through. ill be sad when i beat this game.

update on fishing. u can recieve the lure fishing pole before level 3. there is a very nice sized fishing hole for the lure fishing pole, but u can only use the lure rod at this selected pond.

u always fish out of the boat with the lure rod.
if anyone wants to know how to get the frog lure , just ask.

ive caught 5 diffferent types of fish so far in this game, and u can fish in so many different spots with your bobber fishing rod.
i so wish u could have used the lure fishing pole anywhere in the game, but if that is my only complaint about zelda tp, so be it
i bet 5 hours of my gameplay time so far has been fishing

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That last post was a while ago, so do you think your anywhere near finishing it by now?
Is it a really lengthy game and is there alot of side missions you can do???

The only reason i'm not playing it right now is because Wii's sold out pretty much everywhere here in England, I hope I dont have to wait too long now...:bnghd:

[edit on 31-12-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yeah im close to finishing it sadly. i have one more dungeon to get the last piece of the dark mirror. this will be the 7th dungeon , and after that i think there will be 2 or 3 more dungeons. i really dont want to beat this game so its good my kid is hooked on rampage right now. rampage is awesome 2 players and it was 30dollars brand new. thanks nintendo and midway. peace

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've been an avid Zelda fan since the beginning, but I can't seem to find Twilight Princess for the Gamecube anywhere in the city where I live. I have seen it in stock for the Wii, but not the GameCube.

Hopefully I will find a copy soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is it out yet on GC??

I could get it on GC but I feel alot of the experiance would be wasted, i'm happy to wait for the Wii and get it on that...

But i'm sure the Wii release and GC release are different dates, I could be wrong though...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I've been an avid Zelda fan since the beginning, but I can't seem to find Twilight Princess for the Gamecube anywhere in the city where I live. I have seen it in stock for the Wii, but not the GameCube.

Hopefully I will find a copy soon.

wait no more my friend. both the wii version , and the gamecube version are sold out in my town as well.

tp looks alot better on the wii, and i couldnt imagine playing without the wii mote. its been such a long wait for tp so i wouldnt blame someone for playing it on the gamecube . if i didnt get a wii at launch , i would have played it on the gamecube first.

peace

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is a really f*cking brilliant game!!!!!! i got it for christmas along with a Wii

I am stuck on a part. its where you need to get across some bridges that are turned by the wind. i have three monkeys with me and dont know what to do next

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i got stuck on that same part. it was frustrating, but i checked out the map, back tracked, and finally figured it out. here is a tip, dont mess with the bridges until u have the dungeons weapon. it is the key to the bridges. peace

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Forgive me Elite Gamer, I just thought you might like this,
It's a Flash game

The Legend Of Zelda And The Lampshade Of No Real Significance!

USE SPACEBAR

[edit on 9-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
that flash game is too funny. ill have to play it more later.

i actually cant wait for this game if it ever happens.

2d ocarina of time

oh yeah here is warning to anyone currently playing twilight princess. i dont know much about it, but here is what i can say. DONT SAVE IN THE CANNON ROOM. its not the cannon on lake hylia , its somewhere in kakariko villiage. i havent seen this place yet, but i know it will screw your game and maybe file up if u save here. after i beat the game ill go back and save there and tell u what happens.

my daughter and i are going to put some hours into twilight princess this weekend. i cant wait!

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That 2D Ocarina game looks cool, what system is it on???
How do you know that saveing in that spot messes your game up???
Did you read it or was you told???

[edit on 9-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ive seen it a couple times on digg. when ever i see things that might spoil zelda for me , i quit reading them.the thing is ive seen a couple post now that specifically say "do not save in the cannon room" ill tell u more about this place once i get there. im close i think, im right before the sky dungeon.

that 2d zelda is for the pc i think. read into it, i think its been in production for a longtime, then nintendo sent the maker a cease and desist order to shut it down. now there is rumor is back in production and close to being finished. it will be sweet, nintendo should buy the rights, jk.

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
All I have to say is that this game is amazing. I honestly think it is better than ocarina just because it is so much bigger. the only think i'm not a huge fan of is the wolf, it kinda seems out of place...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
on way to the boss in the sky temple. im sad , there is only one of two levels after this. oh well im going to get alot of the missing parts of the story after i beat this level. im off, peace

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My copy is on it's way in the mail and I can't wait! This thread has just got me even more hyped up

We've been buying games for the PS3 and the Wii left right and centre since we got them and much fun is being had
I must say while the games for PS3 are very, very cool I am enjoying my Wii the most

elitegamer just a Q on the Wiimote volume level, how do I turn it down ? It is very annoying at times

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
hit the home button, and look at the bottom of the screen. there is your wii mote settings. the factory settings are too high , and this is terribly noticeable on twilight princess. if you set it to 3 it is just right and the speaker on the remote becomes a wonderful addition.

let me tell you about tp. the graphics look great even though its a gamecube port . the gameplay is the best ive ever experienced for a home console. the wiimote makes tp the best zelda ever and tp proves the wiimote is an amazing piece of tech. tp is the most fun ive had with my pants on for a long time, jk.

peace

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm very excited. I finally found a copy of Twilight Princess at Wal-Mart. It seems like they just recently picked up some more stock. This will probably be my last post for a few hours hehe.

I have heard people compare Twilight Princess to Ocarina of Time and Ocarina was probably one of my favorite games of all time. I am sure this game won't disappoint.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
CPYKOmega congrats on getting tp. you wont be disappointed. ill warn you , the first hour or two of the game can become frustrating. its mostly to get you aquainted to the controls. if u get stuck at all just think harder and keep trying u will figure things out.

ocarina is still considered by people to be the best game ever. i love ocarina but enjoyed majoras and wind waker just as much. ill compare ocarina to twilight for you.

twilight has much much better graphics. (understandable )

twilight has a much deeper and more interesting story.

twilights play control is unmatched.

twilight in my opinion is the best zelda ever! my favorites before tp were minish cap and majoras.

if u have the gamecube version ill still say its the best zelda ever , but the wii mote adds soooooooooo much to the game. peace

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
THE END! i finally beat this game tonight and i must say this game is amazing! i dont need to say anything else besides play it and find out for yourself what i mean.

nintendo i used to accept that being patient was a must for the best titles you release such as a mario or zelda. ive been patient over the last 20 years for you. i cant wait 3 more years for another zelda game. no phantom hourglass will not help this wait. nintendo you must release another zelda title for the wii this year or first quarter 08. the wait between windwaker and twilight was unfair and you can rightfully make up for it by releasing another title in a year.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join