It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Kramer" from Seinfeld racist remarks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
About an hour ago on CNN, they showed a video and audio recording of part of this comedian's rant, so you can see and hear for yourself. It may also make it to YouTube.

The guy really lost it. One professional stand-up comedian (George Lopez) commented in a Yahoo! News story this afternoon that the Kramer comedian's experience was in TV production work and he had no stand-up comedy experience, so when the audience heckling started, the Kramer comedian couldn't handle it. George Lopez then said that the problem is that the Kramer comedian is not prepared to do stand-up comedy, and that in addition the racist rant was completely unacceptable.

Here is the link to that Yahoo! News report:

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 11/20/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
About an hour ago on CNN, they showed a video and audio recording of part of this comedian's rant, so you can see and hear for yourself. It may also make it to YouTube.

The video is also found in the link from the opening post of this thread

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Don't heckle comedians.

The heckler asked for it.

Some can dish it out, but cry like babies when they get a taste of their own medicine.

More power to Richards.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
It would never be a story if it was a black guy going off on a white guy, total hypocrisy and double standards.

Are you defending his actions?

If it was a black man calling a white man trailer trash, or a honky, this would not make it in the news? I strongly believe if Chris Rock lashed out in this manner at anyone, it would make the news.

Anything that pertains to stars and is racially motivated, would certainly make the headlines. Mel Gibson's drunken tirade was in the headlines, or is that no different because it was against the Jewish population?

Just come out and say it, whites are the real victim here.

I'll agree that a slight double standard may exist, but I completely disagree with the rest of your post.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
More power to Richards.

More power? Sure hecklers can be a pain in the ass for people in this profession, but why was the color of his skin the first thing Richards had to notice? He could of lashed out in hundreds of different ways, and had the support of others. But when he decides to bash the hecklers for the color of their skin, he is dead wrong.

They were hecklers who happened to be black, not black hecklers.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Blacks trash whites all the time and no one blinks an eye. It's condoned by the left.

He could have used other words, but like I said.

Don't heckle comedians.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Blacks trash whites all the time and no one blinks an eye. It's condoned by the left.

And whites trash blacks all of the time. Two wrongs don't make a right. White people saying well black people do it to us is a weak excuse to condone these actions.

Is there any reports of the hecklers attacking him racially? Not from what I have read or watched. Richards showed his true colors and should be ashamed of them. I heard the word honky once or twice in the video, but it was long after Richards began the confrontation. And I do not condone this either, but I am blown away that members are actually defending this travesty.

Don't heckle comedians.

I would prefer people to not judge others by the color of their skin. Comedians get heckled all of the time, it comes with the territory. Is it right? No. But condoning these actions because a black man gave him a hard time, is hardly justifiable. In my opinion of course. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

Apparently some of us justify racism if we are provoked.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He could have used other words, but like I said.

Don't heckle comedians.

I don't know where you're getting your info but if that is true, you can bet you bottom dollar that it would be in the news just like Michael Richards is now.

If you are gonna be a comedian you better learn how to deal with heckling, it comes with the territory.

If you can't handle hecklers then you shouldn't be in stand up comedy.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Blacks trash whites all the time and no one blinks an eye.

There's a certain history involved that is very different than the Richards verbal explosion... doesn't make it right.

It's surprising that ATS members would defend this.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's surprising that ATS members would defend this.

I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Richard's outburst comes as a shock. I never felt he was the type to carry such a strong rage towards others based on the color of their skin. The man is a better actor than I initially thought. Cosmo Kramer is still an icon in my books, but Richards is a disappointment.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Isn't he suposed to come out on Letterman tonight?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yes, he will be making an appearance on Letterman tonight

Here it is:Kramer letterman appearance

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
He acted out of anger, which a lot of times, makes people say what they don't mean. I'm sure he is regreting his racial slurs, not because of the bad rep that will follow, but for offending those people. It looks like by the end of the segment that he was trying to explain why he called them the racial slur.

What's interesting to note is that when he said, "50 years ago we would have hung you from a tree," the audience laughed, but as soon as he said the "n" word, they were offended. This shows how people in a society are programed to react to certain words, without giving thought to the meaning. In my opinion, telling someone that they would be hanged like their ancestors is much more offensive that being called the "n" word.

Being Middle Eastern, the "n" words has been used against me (as: sand "n"), and I can feel the disgust those men felt when I hear the "n" word again. It's a very shallow name to call anyone. In the end, it's a word that ends up hurting the user as much as the one it's directed towards. To this day, people using the word is synonymous with ignorance.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
imo, he can keep his apology and shove it deep into the recesses of his anus.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
An article released a few moments ago on yahoo details his appology.

Here

He says he said it because was angry and not because he is a "bigot."

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
While I do NOT condone the type of wording he used in his lashback, what gets me is that everyone in that audience got all upset when he started to use the "n" word. But was anyone shocked when a black guy got up and called michael richards a F***ing C**ck-A**-M&t&erF****r ? No.. which is what erks me. It's also been pointed out also that the audience was laughing up until he uses the "N" word. Yet a black person can say it whenever they want and in whatever context they want and it's not racist! That's what gets me.... if something is considered racist, it should be considered racist for ALL people... not just one race!

Peace Out! One Love!

[edit on 20-11-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
pffft.

I says!

Wouldn't just an Eff you buddy have sufficed?

I've had verbal spats with many a peoples, never did I have to resort to racial slurs to insult them.

I loved his chr on Seinfeld but man, he's a human turd imo.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
I take it you'll boycott all the black comedians that use racial terms about white? If they were stopped, half of them wouldn't even have a career.

I'm sure you'll also boycott all the black rap artists who use the same terms.

It would never be a story if it was a black guy going off on a white guy, total hypocrisy and double standards.

yep. black comedians do these crap all the time under the guise of a "Joke". Here is a suggestion, if you want people to forget about things like race, then you need to stop using it as 90% of your material.

Regardless, this is freedom of speech. This was how richards chose to use it. nuff said.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I was kinda surprised, well I never really watched Seinfeld but I knew my mom was a fan of the show. Wonder if she got the news.

Now I understand people can get angry and I sure would get frustrated if I got heckled but...wow just using racial slurs in that situation does way more bad than good, it ruins your reputation for your whole life. No one forgets that, and not everyone will forgive. I'm afraid that he screwed himself over for the rest of his life.

I've done stupid things when I've been angry and I sure as hell have said stupid things before, but I've never resorted to racism.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hey I know that it hasn't been cool in a long time to be white but this guy went over the line. He must been on or off something I reckon. Hell he would have been over board at the first N' word... but he went a lot farther than that.

Kinda makes Mel Gibson and Crazy Cruise look a lot better today I'm thinking.

Anybody want to bet cause he's a 33' that he walks and this all blows over in no time?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Are you defending his actions?
No, merely pointing out a case of double standards.

If it was a black man calling a white man trailer trash, or a honky, this would not make it in the news? I strongly believe if Chris Rock lashed out in this manner at anyone, it would make the news.
No it wouldn't, a lot of black comedians wouldn't have any material if it wasn't for insults directed against whites.

Anything that pertains to stars and is racially motivated, would certainly make the headlines. Mel Gibson's drunken tirade was in the headlines, or is that no different because it was against the Jewish population?

Just come out and say it, whites are the real victim here.
There is no victim here, would you be up in arms if the guy was fat and he called him a fat bastard? How about if he was Canadian and called him an igloo dwelling Canuck? Would that imply that he hates fat people or Canadians? I somehow doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join